Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) (6337 Views)

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / A Compilation Of Fake News By Kingebukasblog, Butterflyl1on And Felixomor / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
oluebubeneo:
does infinity increase infinitely ?

This is what I call infinity.

The size it can potentially become IT CAN ALSO BE. In other words, infinity does not need to become anything which it already is.

Saying can infinity increase (infinitely) is to look for a starting point for this increase. That starting point can only be related to man but to God who holds no known beginning (starting point) then where and how can you begin to talk about an increased infinity?

In conclusion, infinity from Gods perspective is not known for an increase but known for an existing existence without a beginning and without an end. Existing ad infinitum.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
JackBizzle:
Does God get lonely? I mean, being the most powerful being with no one like you seems......lonely. You have no mates, no one that really understands your unlimited power.

No kidding when they say "its lonely at the top"

God is never lonely, for He has Christ Jesus and the Holy spirit and also me.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

The size it can potentially become IT CAN ALSO BE. In other words, infinity does not need to become anything which it already is.

Saying can infinity increase (infinitely) is to look for a starting point for this increase. That starting point can only be related to man but to God who holds no known beginning (starting point) then where and how can you begin to talk about an increased infinity?

In conclusion, infinity from Gods perspective is not known for an increase but known for an existing existence without a beginning and without an end. Existing ad infinitum.

Oga. Stop pulling out things from your behind. Try to use logic.

Infinity has no value. It can never be measured because it keeps on going. The basic idea of infinity comes from numbers.

Pick anything that is said to be infinite and it is a number/mathematical problem of measurement.

Size of the universe? Infinite measurement of billions of miles that could keep on increasing.
Earliest point in time? Infinite measurement of years in the past that keeps on going.
Largest number? Infinite size of numbers that keeps on increasing on the number-line

If something is infinite, it keeps on increasing/decreasing in some value or quantity forever. That is a basic and logical illustration of infinity that even children can understand.

So, you claiming that infinity means something else for your God is just a pack of lies and bullshite
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

God is never lonely, for He has Christ Jesus and the Holy spirit and also me.

Is that a holy orgy?

GAY! lipsrsealed
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by oluebubeneo(f): 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Thanks for the enlightenment. I asked cuz you and Jackbizzle were making valid points though different. You mentioned, having no end right? When something ends, its like progression stops. For something that has no end means it progresses, it continues without ever stopping. Infinity increasing infinitely might not be exactly wrong.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

Oga. Stop pulling out things from your behind. Try to use logic.

Infinity has no value. It can never be measured because it keeps on going. The basic idea of infinity comes from numbers.

Pick anything that is said to be infinite and it is a number/mathematical problem of measurement.

Size of the universe? Infinite measurement of billions of miles that could keep on increasing.
Earliest point in time? Infinite measurement of years in the past that keeps on going.
Largest number? Infinite size of numbers that keeps on increasing on the number-line

If something is infinite, it keeps on increasing/decreasing in some value or quantity forever. That is a basic and logical illustration of infinity that even children can understand.

So, you claiming that infinity means something else for your God is just a pack of lies and bullshite

All you just wrote (which is crap by the way) shows that as always you never ever ever read to understand before responding so let me save myself much typing and simply repost my last comment and highlight what even a little kid would have seen but you missed.

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
oluebubeneo:
Thanks for the enlightenment. I asked cuz you and Jackbizzle were making valid points though different. You mentioned, having no end right? When something ends, its like progression stops. For something that has no end means it progresses, it continues without ever stopping. Infinity increasing infinitely might not be exactly wrong.

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

All you just wrote (which is crap by the way) shows that as always you never ever ever read to understand before responding so let me save myself much typing and simply repost my last comment and highlight what even a little kid would have seen but you missed.

I hereby direct you to oluebubeneos's comment cheesy

oluebubeneo:

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
oluebubeneo:

Progression is only attributable from the point of first knowing a starting point.

NOTE the thread talks about God whose starting point is UNKNOWN and whose description declares him as EVERLASTING or EXISTING AD INFINITUM ( THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER)

God is infinity itself and does not need to increase in any form as your question depicted. Time as we know it is an extract from what already was. It was extracted from a time beyond it which cannot be measured.

For something that has NO BEGINNING AND NO END it means it is a constant and simply is what it is and does not try to become something else be it via increase, age, strength, wisdom, knowledge, etc. It is simply ALL AND IN ALL.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by oluebubeneo(f): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Progression is only attributable from the point of first knowing a starting point.

NOTE the thread talks about God whose starting point is UNKNOWN and whose description declares him as EVERLASTING or EXISTING AD INFINITUM ( THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER)

God is infinity itself and does not need to increase in any form as your question depicted. Time as we know it is an extract from what already was. It was extracted from a time beyond it which cannot be measured.

For something that has NO BEGINNING AND NO END it means it is a constant and simply is what it is and does not try to become something else be it via increase, age, strength, wisdom, knowledge, etc. It is simply ALL AND IN ALL.
OK... I get. Just explaining infinity as I know it shaa. . . .-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3. . .
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by oluebubeneo(f): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

OK... I get. Just explaining infinity as I know it shaa. . . .-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3. . .whatever that means to you.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Your first sentence in bold is false.

No geometric or arithmetic progression truly has a starting point

Consider this

3, 5, 7, 9.......

This arithmetic progression could go forwards or backwards without end. It truly has no beginning or end, yet it is a progression.

Checkmate

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by oluebubeneo(f): 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

OK... I get. Just explaining infinity as I know it shaa. . . .-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3. . .whatever that means to you. But I know infinity is not fixed. You have a point though. Maybe it's cause you're explaining infinity from the GOD point of view and I'm explaining infinity from the numerical point of view. We're both right from our points of view.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
oluebubeneo:
OK... I get. Just explaining infinity as I know it shaa. . . .-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3. . .whatever that means to you.

Good you got it real quick unlike someone else who has been arguing ceaselessly over something too simple to miss.

Consider this line below

If you go from left to right it actually began from somewhere and if you go from right to left it also began from somewhere. This is what we see and perceive as humans. So with this we can say that this line can be drawn to infinity FROM A STARTING POINT BACKWARD OR FORWARD.

But God has NO KNOWN STARTING POINT be it forward or backward as He is described.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Good you got it real quick unlike someone else who has been arguing ceaselessly over something too simple to miss.

Consider this line below

If you go from left to right it actually began from somewhere and if you go from right to left it also began from somewhere. This is what we see and perceive as humans. So with this we can say that this line can be drawn to infinity FROM A STARTING POINT BACKWARD OR FORWARD.

But God has NO KNOWN STARTING POINT be it forward or backward as He is described.

How daft.

How can you say that numbers or a progression of numbers have a starting point?

It would be like having an endless length of rope and claiming that a particular point is the starting point (from right to left or left to right).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God has no known starting point abi? Just like all other non-existent abstract infinite concepts like numbers, time etc.

But then, you engage in special pleading that unlike other infinite concepts, God's value cannot increase infinitely. Interesting
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

Is that a holy orgy?

GAY! lipsrsealed

Call it whatever your corrupt and depraved mind thought it to be...
You need a new heart only Christ can give, asap.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
You're saying nonsense. Are angels not SPIRITS? Are you saying their powers are also boundless and without constraint, and can't be measured, making them equal to God? Being a spirit doesn't automatically imply immeasurable power. That statement just now is bullshiit.

Haven said that, I think there's something you're not getting. I just told you that many people, including Christians, not only JackBizzle, consider God's infinite power in terms of QUANTITIES, and if it is considered in such terms, there will ALWAYS BE ROOM for increasing it.

You simply needed to have told him that he's got the wrong idea. That your God is not infinite in such terms. It's not compulsory that he defines the infinity as "boundless", since that is not the only possible definition of infinity, and having a contrary definition, as many believers do, doesn't make him "dumb".

I think this shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.
It shouldn't be difficult for the person you're responding to to comprehend?! You obviously have not yet grasped the infinite boundaries of his unlimited dumbness!

O lord forgive me for he makes me sin!
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:

You're so remarkably dumb I can't help calling you a BLOCKHEAD. undecided
Oops. I think you're getting it already.

ZandhaZaraZ:

What you've been doing "EVER SINCE" is telling him that only your own definition of infinity is correct.
EVER SINCE! That's been his position. His idea of god is the only god and their is no other god but his god.

Cool ain't it!
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yahweh is a religious conception of God and if you don't agree the conception like the deists and other theists do , it does not mean God does not exist . If you've paid attention closely , lately I don't the discuss the bible with atheists . So if you think I'm gona discuss the bible with you then forget it . Its totally a waste of time .

Why don't you discuss the Bible with atheists?
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
Akdegreat:

I do not view the ability of an omnipotent entity to change in some respect as a logical impossibility, and that mustn't always go in discordance with other attributes of his.

An immaterial God may choose to change form and manifest materially for a good purpose.
Like change from a god of wrath who gets pissed at everyone into a turn the other cheek God, right?
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

How daft.

How can you say that numbers or a progression of numbers have a starting point?

It would be like having an endless length of rope and claiming that a particular point is the starting point (from right to left or left to right).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God has no known starting point abi? Just like all other non-existent abstract infinite concepts like numbers, time etc.

But then, you engage in special pleading that unlike other infinite concepts, God's value cannot increase infinitely. Interesting

For some reason you keep jumping to mathematics (which is a construction of finite man) despite my repeatedly telling you that this isn't my focus.

Besides any mathematical sequence ALWAYS has a starting point. WE SIMPLY CHOOSE where to start from. Be it - or + there is a starting point to any number progression.

I keep saying one thing and you keep doltishly saying the very opposite like someone whose mind refuses to see that his very own OP is talking about GOD who isn't subject to human laws and definitions of infinity.

I give up on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
budaatum:

Oops. I think you're getting it already.

EVER SINCE! That's been his position. His idea of god is the only god and their is no other god but his god.

Cool ain't it!

Why not post your reaction to his apology when he realised his error. Would your phenomenally dumb riddled brain be able to swallow its pride and post what came after the post you are experiencing orgasm over?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
budaatum:

Why don't you discuss the Bible with atheists?

Its a waste of time . It mostly leads to no where. Totally gratuitous .

Religious skepticism has nothing to do with atheism and atheism does not reject religion . There are religious atheists . Questioning religious books or doctrine does not impugn God's existence , so why waste our precious time ?

I can only discuss the bible with the deists and adherents of other religions .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its a waste of time . It mostly leads to no where. Totally gratuitous .

Religious skepticism has nothing to do with atheism and atheism does not reject religion . There are religious atheists . Questioning religious books or doctrine does not impugn God's existence , so why waste our precious time ?

I can only discuss the bible with the deists and adherents of other religions .
Are you suggesting religious books are not infallible? (No, don't answer that. It sounds like one of those traps we atheists set, then juvenilely yell, voila!)

I don't think it is a waste of time. It creates doubt and awakens curiosity, which makes the individual ponder existence. Religious books have been significant in every societies development after all.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on

Sir , JackBizzle has mental orgasms with the views and pages on his thread . He is trying as much as possible to make the argument interminable so people would see his "creative" thoughts about an entity whom he said with certitude does not exist. He is not interested in the knowing the truth . He is all about his perverse pleasure being made to look inferior , and the views and pages on his threads .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Why not post your reaction to his apology when he realised his error. Would your phenomenally dumb riddled brain be able to swallow its pride and post what came after the post you are experiencing orgasm over?
No. You are too rude to be acknowledged any further than you are acknowledged, but when god gives you manners, I promise I will then.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
budaatum:

Are you suggesting religious books are not infallible? (No, don't answer that. It sounds like one of those traps we atheists set, then juvenilely yell, voila!)

I don't think it is a waste of time. It creates doubt and awakens curiosity, which makes the individual ponder existence. Religious books have been significant in every societies development after all.

I'm a theist , you are an atheist , why are we talking about the bible ? Whether it is fallible or not does not question the existence of God . There are theists (deists) who criticize religious books and they acknowledge God's existence .

From my thread on Sunday we can see that atheism becomes more insignificant since it just rejects deification , nothing else . There are atheists who acknowledge intelligence or mind behind the universe but they don't deify it . Frustrating for Nairaland atheists isn't it ? With more knowledge , you'd see how useless atheism is .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
budaatum:

No. You are too rude to be acknowledged any further than you are acknowledged, but when god gives you manners, I promise I will then.

I never asked for your acknowledgement oh ye high and mighty dolt. You can take your acknowledgement and drown it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
butterflyl1on

Sir , JackBizzle has mental orgasms with the views and pages on his thread . He is trying as much as possible to make the argument interminable so people would see his "creative" thoughts about an entity whom he said with certitude does not exist. He is not interested in the knowing the truth . He is all about his perverse pleasure being made to look inferior , and the views and pages on his threads .

More like delusions of intelligence and wit. When he has a vacuum where those ought to be found grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm a theist , you are an atheist , why are we talking about the bible ? Whether it is fallible or not does not question the existence of God . There are theists (deists) who criticize religious books and they acknowledge God's existence .
I guess you are used to a certain sort of atheist, or are used to justifying the existence of god. I know for a fact that no Alice went through a looking glass, for instance, but still quote from Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll. After all, do not words mean exactly what we say they mean, no more no less, regardless of whether there really was an Alice outside the imagination of Lewis Carroll?

That, I reckon, is what the problem is when discussing the Bible with an atheist. The words just tend not to hold the same meaning for those two! One is a fool and going to hell and the other is deluded and already in hell. And both think whatever they conjure up in their heads really matters. Except it really does, in the whole scheme of things.

But that's the beauty of that book. It is significantly influential in social development that to not understand why some people deify it (Word of God, God inspired, infallible, etc) implies a huge gap in the knowledge of the individual. But still, its function is served, regardless.

Hey! Thanks. I like it when you talk sexy!
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by budaatum: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I never asked for your acknowledgement oh ye high and mighty dolt. You can take your acknowledgement and drown it.
Aowh, don't be like that. Verily verily I say unto thee, if you were sensible would you not be acknowledged? But no, you go around spewing hatred as if there were no god!

Repent and enter ye into the kingdom of god, or continue in your sinning ways and rot in the fiery fire of hell if you wish.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 4:59am On Oct 31, 2017
butterflyl1on:

For some reason you keep jumping to mathematics (which is a construction of finite man) despite my repeatedly telling you that this isn't my focus.

Besides any mathematical sequence ALWAYS has a starting point. WE SIMPLY CHOOSE where to start from. Be it - or + there is a starting point to any number progression.

I keep saying one thing and you keep doltishly saying the very opposite like someone whose mind refuses to see that his very own OP is talking about GOD who isn't subject to human laws and definitions of infinity.

I give up on you.

Just look at the nonsense you typed in bold. There is no beginning or end of a progression or sequence in mathematics or even in any infinite concept.

Keep making a fool of yourself. No one forced you to come and attack me on my thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The Ark Of Covenant and Tablets Came To Mt. Kenya (biblical Mt. Zion) / What Do I Think About Jehovah Witness Members And Religion As A Whole? / Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.