Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) (6336 Views)

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / A Compilation Of Fake News By Kingebukasblog, Butterflyl1on And Felixomor / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

From oxford dictionary.

The elephant was a stupid elephant in that Walt Disney cartoon which was why it was given the name DUMBO derived from DUMB

Go to the disambiguation page of dumbo.

stop the dubious nonsense undecided
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Go to the disambiguation page of dumbo.

stop the dubious nonsense undecided

You and I know that when I began referring to you as Jumbo Dumbo I meant Dumb. So trying to talk about disambiguation is plain hysterical cheesy

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Ah, what is philosophy to a close-minded person?

If there are two journeys, both infinite.

On person chooses to go on one journey
The second chooses to go on two journeys.

definitely the second one is on a longer journey- two infinite journeys.

Case closed. Simple philosophy and logic, you cant understand.

God is without a beginning or an end , infinite and immutable (impervious to change) , so where is this increase or ability to evolve coming from ? The panentheistic of God evolving is because of the universe which materialized from Its being - the change is coming from the universe since anything material is vulnerable to change .

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God is without a beginning or an end , infinite and immutable (impervious to change) , so where is this increase or ability to evolve coming from ? The panentheistic of God evolving is because of the universe which materialized from Its being - the change is coming from the universe since anything material is vulnerable to change .

You need to use small small grammar for Dumbo Otherwise he would never understand. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You need to use small small grammar for Dumbo Otherwise he would never understand. cheesy

grin grin grin . You can tell he does not understand from the way he responds cheesy cheesy
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin . You can tell he does not understand from the way he responds cheesy cheesy

grin cheesy oh you noticed too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Be very wary of kingebukasblog. I have learnt his dubious ways from debating with him.

Kingebuka is a deist, a christian and also an "atheistic christian" at the same time. He has also crossed into hinduism grin grin grin

I don't think deism and Christianity would honestly go wholely without one atleast contradicting the other at some point.

A Christian, howbeit a liberal one, that subscribes to deism would certainly dismiss some Christian doctrines. I do respect Christianity and some of its doctrines for its moral values, however, some of its ridiculous claims that go contrary to reason can't be overlooked.

As for being 'atheistic Christian' I'm totally surprised.

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

grin cheesy oh you noticed too?

You'd be discussing about A and his response would be totally incongruous with what you said about A. Like his post accusing me of talking a scientific deist God . Tell me how one can reconcile his response with my post .

grin

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
Akdegreat:

I don't think deism and Christianity would honestly go wholely without one atleast contradicting the other at some point.

A Christian, howbeit a liberal one, that subscribes to deism would certainly dismiss some Christian doctrines. I do respect Christianity and some of its doctrines for its moral values, however, some of its ridiculous claims that go contrary to reason can't be overlooked.

As for being 'atheistic Christian' I'm totally surprised.

Well Christian deism and atheism are somewhat alike . They both reject the deification of Christ or impugn the divinity of Christ and they accept his moral teachings. This is basically what Christian deism and atheism are .

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I find your view interesting, and if you don't mind, does your position that God is immutable stem from a premise that only material things are mutable? Can't an immaterial thing be dynamic?
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Kingebukasblog the guy says INFINITY CAN ALWAYS BE INCREASED grin

he says THERE IS ALWAYS INFINITY PLUS, A LARGER INFINITY cheesy

Who is this guy and how come he is this dumb?

Infinity IS A CONSTANT! There is no increase in INFINITY. IT JUST IS!
Sorry, but your Mathematical Ignorance is embarassing. Infinity is NEITHER a constant, NOR a variable, because it is not a number in real or natural terms. And, yes, there are different sizes and kinds of infinity - some infinities and larger than others, and infinity can be increased. When you speak of infinity in terms of QUANTITIES, you're speaking Mathematically, and in Mathematics, infinity doesn't mean "boundless", infinity can be increased, and it is absurd to make comments like "Infinity just IS!". You need to read on Georg Cantor's set theory and David Hilbert's Hotel Infinity to really understand the concept.

I do agree with you that JackBizzle is wrong about your God, in terms of his status as infinite. He was considering your God's infinteness in terms of quantities instead of BOUNDS and CONSTRAINTS, and like Duns Scotus pointed out, you should have simply told him that in Judeo-Christian theology, God is infinite in that he is boundless and without constraints, not that he is unlimited in quantity, since he has no "quantity" in the first place.

Calling him "dumb" was wrong, since you guys weren't defining infinity from the same angle.

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Sorry, but your Mathematical Ignorance is embarassing. Infinity is NEITHER a constant, NOR a variable, because it is not a number in real or natural terms. And, yes, there are different sizes and kinds of infinity - some infinities and larger than others, and infinity can be increased. When you speak of infinity in terms of QUANTITIES, you're speaking Mathematically, and in Mathematics, infinity doesn't mean "boundless", infinity can be increased, and it is absurd to make comments like "Infinity just IS!". You need to read on Georg Cantor's set theory and David Hilbert's Hotel Infinity to really understand the concept.

I do agree with you that JackBizzle is wrong about your God, in terms of his status as infinite. He was considering your God's infinteness in terms of quantities instead of BOUNDS and CONSTRAINTS, and like Duns Scotus pointed out, you should have simply told him that in Judeo-Christian theology, God is infinite in that he is boundless and without constraints, not that he is unlimited in quantity, since he has no "quantity" in the first place.

Calling him "dumb" was wrong, since you guys weren't defining infinity from the same angle.

How else should he be defining infinity since his topic says CREATIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT GOD?

If God were determinable via mathematics which is a HUMAN CONSTRUCT then he wouldn't be God A SPIRIT.

Perhaps you need to help him rephrase the topic of his op.

We are done here. NEXT !
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Akdegreat:

I find your view interesting, and if you don't mind, does your position that God is immutable stem from a premise that only material things are mutable? Can't an immaterial thing be dynamic?

Very Good question . God being immutable is like a conclusion from already known attributes of It like God being omnipotent , eternal , infinite . Can omnipotent being become less potent ? Can an eternal being suddenly have a beginning ? Can an infinite being suddenly become finite ?

As regards to the immutability of God's character , it has nothing to do with It being immaterial . It has everything to do with the nature of His being which is impervious to change . Example Lucifer and His cohorts are immaterial beings and they became corrupt with sin since their nature was vulnerable to subversion .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

How else should he be defining infinity since his topic says CREATIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT GOD?

If God were determinable via mathematics which is a HUMAN CONSTRUCT then he wouldn't be God A SPIRIT.

We are done here. NEXT !

Sharrap.

That is why it is called "creative thoughts about God"

I looked at God from different angles as a non-believer

-mathematically
-logical
-fictionally? (science fiction)

So, when i say "infinite", I'm saying it as a scientist would see it mathematically.

Your IQ is too low for this level of philosophy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Very Good question . God being immutable is like a conclusion from already known attributes the of It like God being omnipotent , eternal , infinite . Can omnipotent being become less potent ? Can an eternal being suddenly have a beginning ? Can an infinite being suddenly become finite ?

As regards to the immutability of God's character , it has nothing to do with It being immaterial . It has everything to do with the nature of His being which is impervious to change . Example Lucifer and His cohorts are immaterial beings and they became corrupt with sin since their nature was vulnerable to subversion .

See why I say that kingebuka likes to contradict himself between deism and christianity?

He says god's nature is immutable. The bible says that God changed in different ways- first he regretted his actions. Changed from a God of war to a God of forgiveness in the new testament.

The same God that required sacrifice in the old testament, removed the need for sacrifice in the new testament.

================================================================

Nothing is this world is immutable except change. change is the only thing that is constant

3 Likes

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

We are done here. NEXT !
You're saying nonsense. Are angels not SPIRITS? Are you saying their powers are also boundless and without constraint, and can't be measured, making them equal to God? Being a spirit doesn't automatically imply immeasurable power. That statement just now is bullshiit.

Haven said that, I think there's something you're not getting. I just told you that many people, including Christians, not only JackBizzle, consider God's infinite power in terms of QUANTITIES, and if it is considered in such terms, there will ALWAYS BE ROOM for increasing it.

You simply needed to have told him that he's got the wrong idea. That your God is not infinite in such terms. It's not compulsory that he defines the infinity as "boundless", since that is not the only possible definition of infinity, and having a contrary definition, as many believers do, doesn't make him "dumb".

I think this shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
You're saying nonsense. Are angels not SPIRITS? Are you saying their powers are also boundless and without constraint, and can't be measured, making them equal to God? Being a spirit doesn't automatically imply immeasurable power. That statement just now is bullshiit.

Haven said that, I think there's something you're not getting. I just told you that many people, including Christians, not only JackBizzle, consider God's infinite power in terms of QUANTITIES, and if it is considered in such terms, there will ALWAYS BE ROOM for increasing it.

You simply needed to have told him that he's got the wrong idea. That your God is not infinite in such terms. It's not compulsory that he defines the infinity as "boundless", since that is not the only possible definition of infinity, and having a contrary definition, as many believers do, doesn't make him "dumb".

I think this shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.

Angels are not God and the OP is talking about God and not angels.

What manner of goalpost shifting is this? A sudden, automatic, hilarious shift. grin

Abeg help him change the topic to CREATIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT ANGELS since you wish to shift the goalpost as the goaltender you are. grin

You said I should have simply told him that he has got the wrong idea. WHAT IN BLAZES DO YOU THINK I HAVE BEEN DOING EVER SINCE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

What manner of goalpost shifting is this? A sudden, automatic, hilarious shift. grin

Abeg help him change the topic to CREATIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT ANGELS since you wish to shift the goalpost as the goaltender you are. grin

You said I should have simply told him that he has got the wrong idea. WHAT IN BLAZES DO YOU THINK I HAVE BEEN DOING EVER SINCE?

[img]https://gonnagan.files./2012/03/facepalm.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Jeez. How does your brain work, really? You said if God's power could be measured, he wouldn't be a SPIRIT, and I'm telling you that angels are also SPIRITS but their power can't be immeasurable, otherwise, that would make them equal to God. Where's the goal post, and to where did I shift it? Damn it.

You're so remarkably dumb I can't help calling you a BLOCKHEAD. undecided

What you've been doing "EVER SINCE" is telling him that only your own definition of infinity is correct.

2 Likes

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Jeez. How does your brain work, really? You said if God's power could be measured, he wouldn't be a SPIRIT, and I'm telling you that angels are also SPIRITS but their power can't be immeasurable, otherwise, that would make them equal to God. Where's the goal post, and to where did I shift it? Damn it.

You're so remarkably dumb I can't help calling you a BLOCKHEAD. undecided

What you've been doing "EVER SINCE" is telling him that only your own definition of infinity is correct.

At this point I think images would do just fine since everything is about how you wish to concoct It.

When you are done reading my comment on those screenshots then come back and edit your comment which I highlighted.

some people sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Very Good question . God being immutable is like a conclusion from already known attributes of It like God being omnipotent , eternal , infinite . Can omnipotent being become less potent ? Can an eternal being suddenly have a beginning ? Can an infinite being suddenly become finite ?

Nice! We seem to agree that immaterial beings/entities can change.
You however hold a position that God is immutable; a conclusion arrived at from his already know attributes (excluding immateriality).
That's to say, God is immutable because, he is omnipotent, infinite, eternal. So, eternal beings are immutable? Infinite beings are immutable? I seem not to see a logical conclusion. No pun
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Sharrap.

That is why it is called "creative thoughts about God"

I looked at God from different angles as a non-believer

-mathematically
-logical
-fictionally? (science fiction)

So, when i say "infinite", I'm saying it as a scientist would see it mathematically.

Your IQ is too low for this level of philosophy.

cheesy grin

Lmao Jack are you a scientist? Who brainwashed you into telling yourself that profound lie? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

See why I say that kingebuka likes to contradict himself between deism and christianity?

He says god's nature is immutable. The bible says that God changed in different ways- first he regretted his actions. Changed from a God of war to a God of forgiveness in the new testament.

The same God that required sacrifice in the old testament, removed the need for sacrifice in the new testament.

Nothing is this world is immutable except change. change is the only thing that is constant

Nothing IN THIS WORLD is immutable. grin

IS GOD IN THIS WORLD? cheesy
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Probably, his view on that particular scripture is divergent.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Akdegreat:

Nice! We seem to agree that immaterial beings/entities can change.
You however hold a position that God is immutable; a conclusion arrived at from his already know attributes (excluding immateriality).
That's to say, God is immutable because, he is omnipotent, infinite, eternal. So, eternal beings are immutable? Infinite beings are immutable? I seem not to see a logical conclusion. No pun

God's character and attributes are identical to His being . What makes God who He is , is He being eternal , infinite , omnipotent , all good , all merciful etc . Have you seen the logical conclusion now ?

That's why I asked JackBizzle where this change comes from because we can't see it in His character or attributes .

2 Likes

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

cheesy grin

Lmao Jack are you a scientist? Who brainwashed you into telling yourself that profound lie? cheesy

I didnt say that I was a scientist.......ogbeni learn to read.

Please, dont mistake me for spacetacular or felixomor who claim to be doctors cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Nothing IN THIS WORLD is immutable. grin

IS GOD IN THIS WORLD? cheesy

No

Because he doesnt exist.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

No

Because he doesnt exist.

Prove it .

1 Like

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God's character and attributes are identical to His being . What makes God who He is , is He being eternal , infinite , omnipotent , all good , all merciful etc . Have you seen the logical conclusion now ?

That's why I asked JackBizzle where this change comes from because we can't see it in His character or attributes .

God is not all merciful. That is a lie. You just pull nonsense out of your butt. That is even a title given to Allah not Jehovah. An all merciful God cannot create a hell. That is a contradiction.

God is also not all good. Even himself in the bible said "Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly." Deuteronomy 32;35

God created evil as well....so he cannot be all good.

Your IQ is too low for philosophy

2 Likes

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by JackBizzle: 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Prove it .

Yahweh is self-refuting. A just God that lies (telling us lies that he created Eve from Adam's ribs). A just God that contradicts himself by saying he forbids incest while he allowed his first patriarchs (Adam, Abraham) to engage in incest. A just God that gets jealous. An omnipotent God that is scared of iron chariots.
Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by butterflyl1on: 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

No

Because he doesnt exist.

Yet you opened a thread to display "creative thoughts about God" (who does not exist) grin cheesy

Your calling is to be a foolish comedian like charlie Chaplin. It comes naturally to you cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Yahweh is self-refuting. A just God that lies (telling us lies that he created Eve from Adam's ribs). A just God that contradicts himself by saying he forbids incest while he allowed his first patriarchs (Adam, Abraham) to engage in incest. A just God that gets jealous. An omnipotent God that is scared of iron chariots.

Yahweh is a religious conception of God and if you don't agree the conception like the deists and other theists do , it does not mean God does not exist . If you've paid attention closely , lately I don't the discuss the bible with atheists . So if you think I'm gona discuss the bible with you then forget it . Its totally a waste of time .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Creflo Dollar Defends Eddie L. Long (Video) / Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / Has Anyone You Know Died/been Cured Of Diabetes By Men of god? Pls Share.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.