Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? (1518 Views)

Man With One-inch Penis Opens Up About Life With A Micropenis / Some Mistakes In Life Can Be Very Hurtful. / Can Money Open The Leg Of All Girl's ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by AFONJAboiy: 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
MONEY! MONEY!! MONEY!!!

looking at the value of MONEY in this

Our age one could simply conclude that

MONEY is the reason why we live...

As the saying goes "MONEY rule the world"

Try this if you haven't tried it before; try to carry a toddler who doesn't know your face if he ignores and act in an uncomfortable way, stretch your hand with a currency note and watch as he involuntarily crawl to you.....

If you ask 80% of people in Nigeria what there problem is "my brother na MONEY o"

Now my question is "does MONEY guarantee a happy life?"

Note: there is a difference between the following;

*GOOD JOB
*MARRIAGE
*FAMILY
*GOOD HEALTH
*WEALTH

Can we now say the combination of all this is equals to happy life?

Let's discuss it one after the order

GOOD JOB ;if the work is not stressful and the pay is okay. Wee consider it a good job
But how many people are happy with their good job? The attitude of people we work with, the boss, challenge of the work. All this makes us unhappy.

MARRIAGE ; someone goes by the monicker saasala states why everybody must get married on his thread https://www.nairaland.com/4142854/why-everyone-must-get-married#61850442
Going by the comments you'd be convinced that marriage doesn't really guarantee happiness

FAMILY ; to be married is somehow different from having a family, you may be single and still have a family, your siblings, nieces, friends are your family dependon how you interact with each other, as the saying denotes "your true family are the ones who truly understands you"

GOOD HEALTH ;"when you're healthy you're wealthy" but that's doesn't guarantee happiness when you still have to go day after day to hustle your ass out

WEALTH ; we've discussed dis above...

But can MONEY really guarantee happiness? as some who possess it, still lives a depressed life...

So guys what's your opinion on this issue?
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by theodara001(f): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Divay22(f): 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
If money was to be sole purpose of my happiness, I wouldn't be happy at the moment. Cause i feel the one i have is not enough.
Money is only a necessity, but it's doesn't guarantee a happy life..

1 Like

Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Harbeyg09(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
Of course yes

If i have the opportunity to trade my certificate for $500k, i won't think twice

1 Like

Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by darkmarky(m): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Good friendships... Vacations... Good health.
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Dasherz(f): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
money is only one of the spice to make life happy for you but it is not the sole source of happiness , love, friends, family just add up to it .. but genuine happiness comes from the inside

you can have it all and still be the saddest person in the world .. only you can make you happy and nothing else

2 Likes

Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by valkaka(m): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
Money in itself does not make me happy. After all, I am not Scrooge McDuck, my happiness does not derive from swimming in money or money alone.However, money put to good use can make you a hell of a lot happier.

“Money is not the only answer, but it does make a difference” -Barack Obama.

Is money a requirement for happiness? No.

Can it help? Yeah.
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by spartacus11(m): 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Poverty/Hardship is a sin
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Op let Me Ask You... Can You Be Poor And Happy? Show Me A Poor Man Who Is Satisfied and I Will Show You A Man Who Doesnt Need Money... If There Is No Money, I Am Sorry but There Can Never Be Happiness Or Joy... Although You Can Be Rich And Very Unhappy but You Can Never Be Poor And Full Of Joy... So Yes! Money Brings Happiness
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
"There is a quote from Bob Marley which says ‘Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end’.

This is a fantastic quote because it separates the reality of what it is like to have money from the fantasy people have. Which is having nice cars, a huge house, women etc.

People confuse happiness with freedom; it is money that gives you freedom, not happiness. It might seem contradictory given that freedom does somewhat entail happiness, but ultimately, people fall into this trap of confusion and end up relying on this ‘freedom’ FOR their happiness. When in actuality, there is more to having a significant amount of money in order to be happy. Such as surrounding yourself with the right people in life.

If money made people happy, then why aren’t these celebrities on TV the happiest people in the world? They are not! A lot of them fall into the trap of confusing freedom with happiness and spiral out of control, leaning towards alcohol and antidepressants because they cannot make sense of why they are not happy."
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dasherz:
money is only one of the spice to make life happy for you but it is not the sole source of happiness , love, friends, family just add up to it .. but genuine happiness comes from the inside

you can have it all and still be the saddest person in the world .. only you can make you happy and nothing else
yes A Man Can Have It All And Be Sad... But Show Me A Man Who Has Nothing And Is happy... Remove Money From Marriage and love and See If The Space Will Not Be Obvious.

1 Like

Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Harbeyg09(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
DeadRat:
Op let Me Ask You... Can You Be Poor And Happy? Show Me A Poor Man Who Is Satisfied and I Will Show You A Man Who Doesnt Need Money... If There Is No Money, I Am Sorry but There Can Never Be Happiness Or Joy... Although You Can Be Rich And Very Unhappy but You Can Never Be Poor And Full Of Joy... So Yes! Money Brings Happiness

Exactly
It is when someone is poor that he will start thinking of how to be creative to survive
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Dasherz(f): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
DeadRat:
yes A Man Can Have It All And Be Sad... But Show Me A Man Who Has Nothing And Is happy... Remove Money From Marriage and love and See If The Space Will Not Be Obvious.

like I posted earlier it is one of the spices of life ... not a total spice to it
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
Op what Are The ingredients that Makes A Job Good. The Salt Is Money... What Else?
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
Op what Are The ingredients that Makes A Job Good. The Salt Is Money... What Else?..
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dasherz:

like I posted earlier it is one of the spices of life ... not a total spice to it
IT IS NOT JUST ONE. It Is The MAJOR
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by QueenSekxy(f): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
yes..like right now undecided
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by tosyne2much(m): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
To some extent, some brings about fulfillment, comfort and happiness (though there are exceptions). Why? Because 90% of life problems are solved with money

No one can live a fulfilled life as a poor man

1 Like

Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Dasherz(f): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
DeadRat:
IT IS NOT JUST ONE. It Is The MAJOR
everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Harbeyg09:

Exactly
It is when someone is poor that he will start thinking of how to be creative to survive

why Do People Still? Why Do People Kill? Why Do People Do Rituals? Why Is The Busstop So Full Every Damn Day? Why Do The Conductors Yell Destinations? Why Do Boys Run After Moving Buses with Carton of Edible items? Why Do We Go For Job Interviews? Why Do Boys Want To Be Footballers? Why Do People Trek To Spain? Why Are Nigerians so Much Overseas? Why Do We Go Into Politics? Why Do We Have So Many Schools? Why Do We Have Church Every Damn Place, tellin You They Are Serving God? MONEY!!!
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by NManonymous(m): 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
this question is a foolish question.
are you happy when you cannot afford your personal needs.
95% of our life problems are solved with money.
money is influence.
you cannot compare the home of a rich man and the home of a poor man.
even the bible told us that money can do all things and it is true in real life.
the kingdom of God cannot move ahead without money.

their are lots of things to say about money.
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dasherz:
everyone is entitled to their opinion.
what Is The Major Spice to You?
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
valkaka:
Money in itself does not make me happy. After all, I am not Scrooge McDuck, my happiness does not derive from swimming in money or money alone.However, money put to good use can make you a hell of a lot happier.

“Money is not the only answer, but it does make a difference” -Barack Obama.

Is money a requirement for happiness? No.

Can it help? Yeah.
what Is Your Major Requirement For Happiness?
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
darkmarky:
Good friendships... Vacations... Good health.
Without Money?
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Dasherz(f): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
To some extent, some brings about fulfillment and happiness (though there are exceptions).

define fulfilled
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by NManonymous(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
without money the destiny you are jumping about to fulfil cannot be fulfilled.

money gives you the foundation to be happy
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
For me ! No
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dextology! Money Is Something You Can Never Have Enough Of because You Most Spend It In Other To Get More items To Satisfy Your Present Want... But Since You Say Money Is Not Happiness, What Is The Major Source Of Happiness?
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
To some extent, some brings about fulfillment, comfort and happiness (though there are exceptions). Why? Because 90% of life problems are solved with money

Gbam! 10,000 likes

1 Like

Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by tosyne2much(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dasherz:

define fulfilled
The state of being able to acquire what you desire.

That you can buy a car you desire is fulfillment.

That you can afford to travel by air because of the comfort it brings, is fulfillment to cool

That you can afford to send your children to good schools and watch them excel is fulfillment

Should I go on?
cheesy
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
NManonymous:
this question is a foolish question.
are you happy when you cannot afford your personal needs.
95% of our life problems are solved with money.
money is influence.
you cannot compare the home of a rich man and the home of a poor man.
even the bible told us that money can do all things and it is true in real life.
the kingdom of God cannot move ahead without money.

their are lots of things to say about money.
oga you De Vex o. E Be Like Say You Need Money Badly... Its Not A Foolish Question Though But You Just Said the Right Thing
Re: Guys Let's Discuss/debate About Life. Can Money Make One Happy? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dasherz:

define fulfilled
madam why You Jump My Question cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife ,my Sister In-law And My Maid Are All Pregnant For Me- Man Cries Out. / German Woman Gets 4 Ribs Removed To Get Her Waist To Be Romantically The Tinest / Check Out These 8 Ladies Beautiful Backsides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.