Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

How Can One Marry In This Economy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Marry In This Economy (664 Views)

Can A Man Earning 6k Daily Marry In Abuja? / In This Economy, Can You Marry Someone Who Earns 60k Monthly? - Nigerians React / Can One Marry, And Live In A House Of 250k/anu. On A Salary Of 80k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Marry In This Economy by fykes(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
Not to say I'm being pessimistic but recent trend of events in the country hardly gives much reason for optimism.
Growing up, I used to believe my parents and teachers when they talk about d values of hard work and persistence in pursuit of dreams and visions. After 5yrs post gardaute, 2 jobs , ( lost my last job early this year due to downsizing in d oil n gas sector) now trying to secure contracts as an experienced project manager, Im beginning to question many things I ve hithertho believed in ; par example,
1) what is hard work without connections
2) how much honesty is honest enough
3) are there really ladies who would stay and marry a hustling guy?
4) why don't I get as much help as I give to others?
5) how does destiny apply to us?
6) how true are all the grass to grace stories I hear?
I can go on and on, but the truth is....being a youth in this climes, I ve never been more depressed even when others think im doing well.
Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
Bros, the economy is not smiling but it shouldn't push one to get involve in fraudulent and deceitful activities. If you keep asking yourself those questions one might end up being depressed.

If one don't have the means to settle down maritally presently he should wait patiently unless if they person have an understanding and working partner that can compliment the finances.

Marriage no be play o

1 Like

Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
My bro, Just keep praying. This Nigeria, everything is by Force. You have to fight and fight.

1) what is hard work without connections Ans: Nothing ! Except you are prayerful, asin Prayer Warrior Mode
2) how much honesty is honest enough Ans: Well, You have to lie once in a while to secure something worthwhile
3) are there really ladies who would stay and marry a hustling guy? Ans: Yes, as long as you look for your Class of girls & not the ones in Lekki doing Runs.

4) why don't I get as much help as I give to others? Ans: Only God can answer that
5) how does destiny apply to us? Ans: Mehn, I don't believe in that shit. You have to make your own destiny.
6) how true are all the grass to grace stories I hear? Ans: It is possible. Someone won 9 Million in my Firm from Online Betting, He resigned immediately.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
People are still getting married, you just have to wait till you get your own money before you marry to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by Cholls(m): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
my brother Yoruba will say " to marry no b problem but money for soup na im difficult"
Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Fykes, every society runs on choice of ideals. If a society chooses to run on DISHONESTY for example what do you expect will be the fruits of such an EVIL TREE. Ponder over the quote below:

"It appears to me that the causes of the last Civil War lie embedded in the nether realms of such degrading and depraving evils as unemployment; mass ignorance; endemic and debilitating diseases; low productivity; abuse and misuse of power, bribery and corruption; favouritism and nepotism ethnocentricity and tribalism; much poverty and much discontent." Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
- Address to The Nigerian Trade Union Congress (1970): Reference, In Voice
of Courage, 1981.

Let me enumerate Nigeria's choice of EVIL IDEALS that has been running Nigeria as highlighted by one of her Eldest Statemen who fought for her so called Independence so as to make clear to you.

1. Ethnocentricity and Tribalism
2. Bribery and Corruption
3. Favouritism and Nepotism
4. Abuse and Misuse of power

The above are still the ideals running Nigeria today and WORSE.

Yet still ponder on another quote below.

"We have in our midst about 1,000 rich Nigerians who in the past cleverly rigged the sources of the wealth of our nation, and we are now tactically poised to oligopolise all the munificent avenues of riches that may supervene now and in the future. The rich, and the highly-placed in business, public life, and government, are running a dreadful risk in their callous neglect of the poor and
down-trodden." Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
- Address delivered to Ondo House of Assembly (/980): Voice of
Wisdom, 1981.

TELL ME WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO BE THE BY-PRODUCT SUCH EVIL IDEALS WHICH KEEPS RUNNING NIGERIA? PROSPERITY?!!!

54% of Nigeria's Youth are UNEMPLOYED according a statistical analysis by National Bureau of statistics, 2012.

Today by mere observation we can say 70% are without jobs and so many who use to have lost their jobs. There is this MOST WONDERFUL STORY i will love you to read about standing up for one another by Born2conquer. One may be employed today and get married but along the line lose your job. If you are not married to a woman of SUBSTANCE, your life is finished and your family RUINED.

www.nairaland.com/4144892/mum........my-everything-everything#61914909
Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by fykes(m): 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
cruchenutii:
My bro, Just keep praying. This Nigeria, everything is by Force. You have to fight and fight.

1) what is hard work without connections Ans: Nothing ! Except you are prayerful, asin Prayer Warrior Mode
2) how much honesty is honest enough Ans: Well, You have to lie once in a while to secure something worthwhile
3) are there really ladies who would stay and marry a hustling guy? Ans: Yes, as long as you look for your Class of girls & not the ones in Lekki doing Runs.

4) why don't I get as much help as I give to others? Ans: Only God can answer that
5) how does destiny apply to us? Ans: Mehn, I don't believe in that shit. You have to make your own destiny.
6) how true are all the grass to grace stories I hear? Ans: It is possible. Someone won 9 Million in my Firm from Online Betting, He resigned immediately.
cruchenutii:

Smart Alec....nice one. I like DAT u r a realist too
Re: How Can One Marry In This Economy by Born2conquer: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
WORDWORLD:
Fykes, every society runs on choice of ideals. If a society chooses to run on DISHONESTY for example what do you expect will be the fruits of such an EVIL TREE. Ponder over the quote below:

"It appears to me that the causes of the last Civil War lie embedded in the nether realms of such degrading and depraving evils as unemployment; mass ignorance; endemic and debilitating diseases; low productivity; abuse and misuse of power, bribery and corruption; favouritism and nepotism ethnocentricity and tribalism; much poverty and much discontent." Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
- Address to The Nigerian Trade Union Congress (1970): Reference, In Voice
of Courage, 1981.

Let me enumerate Nigeria's choice of EVIL IDEALS that has been running Nigeria as highlighted by one of her Eldest Statemen who fought for her so called Independence so as to make clear to you.

1. Ethnocentricity and Tribalism
2. Bribery and Corruption
3. Favouritism and Nepotism
4. Abuse and Misuse of power

The above are still the ideals running Nigeria today and WORSE.

Yet still ponder on another quote below.

"We have in our midst about 1,000 rich Nigerians who in the past cleverly rigged the sources of the wealth of our nation, and we are now tactically poised to oligopolise all the munificent avenues of riches that may supervene now and in the future. The rich, and the highly-placed in business, public life, and government, are running a dreadful risk in their callous neglect of the poor and
down-trodden." Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
- Address delivered to Ondo House of Assembly (/980): Voice of
Wisdom, 1981.

TELL ME WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO BE THE BY-PRODUCT SUCH EVIL IDEALS WHICH KEEPS RUNNING NIGERIA? PROSPERITY?!!!

54% of Nigeria's Youth are UNEMPLOYED according a statistical analysis by National Bureau of statistics, 2012.

Today by mere observation we can say 70% are without jobs and so many who use to have lost their jobs. There is this MOST WONDERFUL STORY i will love you to read about standing up for one another by Born2conquer. One may be employed today and get married but along the line lose your job. If you are not married to a woman of SUBSTANCE, your life is finished and your family RUINED.

www.nairaland.com/4144892/mum........my-everything-everything#61914909

Thanks Brother ..Big blessing fall on you Sir

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Greed Of A Woman Can Destroy Everything / Slay Mama ( smart or dumb) / It Ends Tonight!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.