Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant (22029 Views)

Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others / Nigeria To Build Nuclear Weapons, Seeks Russian Help. / Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 31, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Buhari should develop SE with a nuclear power plant.

I reject it!
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by prodiG(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2017
With our poor maintainance culture and carelessness,it is an accident waiting to happen.Any mistake and we could have a major crisis on our hands.Therefore continuing with the theme of things,it should be sited in the North

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 7:34am On Oct 31, 2017
Blue3k:

Shut up or debunk my thorium salt reactor claim or fall on your sword. How is science white man theories your duncecap? You typed this lame retort because you don't have any proof to back you claims pathetic.

Is that why they want to build more. Lol cool story.

Japan, Europe and the US are looking for alternative power to Nuclear energy.

Take note of that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by hucienda: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Nuclear Power Plant in an anything-goes, lackadaisical country?

Folks living around wherever this plant would be sited - that is if it ever comes to fruition - had better watch out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by edi287: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Blue3k:
Interesting they finally got this deal done. I've been hearing talks for years. Now who wants it in their state? I remember they wanted to site it in Akwa Ibom but it was resisted. Nuclear power statistically is safest form of power if you are diligent about maintenance. Next we don't have natural disasters.[/b] They only issue is Nigerian factor. I have zero confidence in federal government managing the plant. [b]

What I would like to see is a study on feasibility of thorium salt reactor. I read its safer than uranium reactor and can't be used to make nuclear bombs.

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Yep that's the real issue. We have a very poor maintenance culture. We can't even maintain our stadiums properly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Rosskii: 7:42am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Take note of that.

The same US that is planning to expand its nuclear facilities according to Trump?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Alariiwo: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2017
Nice development..

Take it to SE straightup, that's the best place for infrastructures like that grin

Emna powerful and co. don get work

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Blue3k(m): 7:45am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Take note of that.

Yeah OK your point being what? They are also research anti matter and planning to build more nuclear plants. Please note that as well.

Source

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Rosskii: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2017
edi287:

Yep that's the real issue. We have a very poor maintenance culture. We can't even maintain our stadiums properly.

Folks like you need to to just shut the fck up and learn before posting your negative, ignorant garbage.

Do any of you ignoramuses know that Nigeria has at least TWO nuclear reactors which it has maintained safely for the past 40 years?

Anti-research mumus!!

India, Pakistan and others that have been nuclear states for decades, how good are they at maintaining their roads and infrastructure? Are there not daily power cuts in India and Pakistan? Why haven't they blown up themselves with their nuclear power?

MUMUS TALKING RUBBISH.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Sunky200: 7:47am On Oct 31, 2017
imagine, Nigeria will now have to pay heavily for the same nuclear power that Awolowo flag off its construction in the 60s but was stopped by the colonial masters.

Nigeria as a nation is a joke as the cycle continues

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Alariiwo: 7:48am On Oct 31, 2017
hucienda:

Folks living around wherever this plant would be sited - that is if it ever comes to fruition - had better watch out.

Anambra or Imo would be best to situate such plant.

Other areas are too congested to gamble with such.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 7:49am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Folks like you need to to just shut it and learn before posting your negative, ignorant garbage.

Do any of you ignoramuses know tat Nigeria has at eat TWO nuclear reactors which it has maintained safely for the past 40 years?

Anti-research mumus!!

Two nuclear reactors in Nigeria.

Abegi tell us the states wey dem dey.

Which states are these reactors

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2017
Sunky200:
imagine, Nigeria will now have to pay heavily for the same nuclear power that Awolowo flag off its construction in the 60s but was stopped by the colonial masters.

Nigeria as a nation is a joke as the cycle continues

Alariiwo you see that your brother wants it in your region

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2017
hucienda:

Minor nuclear accident could even affect those that leave far from it!

The radioactive winds after a nuclear plant accident can blow through several states an indirect death sentence to whole populations! Who can stop the wind from blowing?
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Rosskii: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Two nuclear reactors in Nigeria.

Abegi tell us the states wey dem dey.

Which states are these reactors

I know there is at least one at the Ahmadu Bello University in Kaduna State.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

The other one is where.?

At least tell us the region.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Sunky200: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Alariiwo you see that your brother wants it in your region
how do you mean?
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Blue3k:

Yeah OK your point being what? They are also research dark matter and planning to build more nuclear plants. Please note that as well.

Source

Blue3k grow a concience.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 7:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Sunky200:

how do you mean?

That the nuclear power station should be built in the West especially Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Folks like you need to to just shut the fck up and learn before posting your negative, ignorant garbage.

Do any of you ignoramuses know that Nigeria has at least TWO nuclear reactors which it has maintained safely for the past 40 years?

Anti-research mumus!!

India, Pakistan and others that have been nuclear states for decades, how good are they at maintaining their roads and infrastructure? Are there not daily power cuts in India and Pakistan? Why haven't they blown up themselves with their nuclear power?

MUMUS TALKING RUBBISH.
Ordinary weather satellite (Nigcomsat 1) we cannot maintain! We come dey dream of nuclear plants. LOL. Rubbish!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Sunky200: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

That the nuclear power station should be built in the West especially Lagos.

i personally have no problem with that only if Nigeria returns to 1963 costitution and the plant will be manage by western government.
I have -100% trust in this present arrangement of governance
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 8:04am On Oct 31, 2017
Sunky200:

i personally have no problem with that only if Nigeria returns to 1963 costitution and the plant will be manage by western government.
I have -100% trust in this present arrangement of governance

Don't worry we will return to 1763 constitution just to have all our Nuclear power plants in the West especially Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:
Ordinary weather satellite (Nigcomsat 1) we cannot maintain! We come dey dream of nuclear plants. LOL. Rubbish!

Why are you worried since it will be sited at Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Blue3k(m): 8:08am On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:

Blue3k grow a concience.

Grow sense or shut up. What did I say that's incorrect? It's like saying countries are looking for alternatives to oil but are still building refineries in twour years time. Read the link instead of joining gang replying daft mentions.

Japan, France, Russia, Solvekia all have some under construction. All the ppants under construction are supposrd to come online in less than 5 years. USA has plans for some.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by edi287: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Anti-research mumus!!

MUMUS TALKING RUBBISH.
Actually you're the mumu here. There's only one at Ahmadu Bello University. Where is the other one? Besides, it's a bit lame to brag about having a low power, tank in pool research reactor don't you think?? No amount of patriotism will change the fact we have a low maintenance culture. Deal with it.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Rosskii: 8:09am On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:

Dummy, Is NigerSat 2 not in space right now? Has it not been there for over 7 years? Olodo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Rosskii: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2017
edi287:

Actually you're the mumu here. There's only one at Ahmadu Bello University. Where is the other one? Besides, it's a bit lame to brag about having a low power, tank in pool research reactor don't you think?? No amount of patriotism will change the fact we have a low maintenance culture. Deal with it.

Whatever you think is 100% irrelevant. Nigerian nuclear EXPERTS will maintain the nuclear plants, not touts like you and the other posters here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by edi287: 8:17am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Whatever you think is 100% irrelevant. Nigerian EXPERTS will maintain nuclear plants, not touts like you and the other posters here.
Likewise yours. Your emotional outburst have done nothing to prove anything. Blind patriotism will take you no where
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Bari22: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:
Nuclear plants are dangerous investments! Even a minor accident in these plants can destroy a whole geopolitical zone, with cancer-causing radioactive toxins!

Google Chernobil nuclear disaster. The people of Chernobil that survived cannot live in their region for at least the next 100 years!

Please Nigerians, I, a Buhari supporter, says: Tell Buhari; Don't Build Any Nuclear Plant In My State!

I don talk my own o!

When did igbodefender become Buhari's supporter??
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 8:29am On Oct 31, 2017
Chernobyl crises comes to mind.
I hope Nigeria with her awful and maintenance culture can handle such extensive project?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Don't confuse nuclear research centre with nuclear power plant. This 'nuclear power' plant, how many kilowatts has it contributed to the national power grid?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by mapet: 8:32am On Oct 31, 2017
Blue3k:

QueenOfNepal: :
The problem with you is that
you are not a realist rather you bbelieve everything you read.

I don't pray any Southern state should agreee on hosting the nuclear reactor rather it should be sited in Daura since a train station is coming there and also it's close proximity to Niger Republic that has the raw material which is Uranium.

Man your mention is dumb. The issue with people like you is that you guys cling to petty emotions rather than scientific research. You don't understand science behind nuclear power nor do you comprehend my comments. Did I say we should use uranium? Did you not see me mention thorium salt reactors or do you not know there's a difference?

This is a classic intellectual upper-cut.

@Blue3k,

You should not be too surprised, it seem that while gaining knowledge requires hard work, ignorance on the other hand is a contagion

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of ICC / Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister / Tony Kabaka Added To APC Presidential Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.