Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant (22028 Views)

Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others / Nigeria To Build Nuclear Weapons, Seeks Russian Help. / Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by bigpicture001: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2017
..russia and china has continued to escalate destruction, hunger,crises
all over the world ; God save us from these two enemy states...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2017
Bari22:

When did igbodefender become Buhari's supporter??
Our posts and topics can speak for themselves. Mind you, to support does not mean you cannot critisize constructively or that you are a mumu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Dummy, Is NigerSat 2 not in space right now? Has it not been there for over 7 years? Olodo.
So, going by your own logic, it doesn't matter if one satellite gets lost in space, as long as you can boast that the other one is not lost? You need to reformat your thinking machine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2017
edi287:

Likewise yours. Your emotional outburst have done nothing to prove anything. Blind patriotism will take you no where

And you think dumb unpatriotism will take you to the Stars? Olodo!

You accuse another of emotional outbursts whereas you & your numerous accounts have been masturbating on this thread with sentimentalities all day long! FO0LS everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by vioment: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Talking serious projects in Nigeria is like child's play. No seriousness at all. Even if it were serious this project will take 10years after approvals and inspections. With that said, i say build it in a state close to the country where the fuel is brought in from, so that there is no transportation mishaps. The fuel is mostly in Niger, so borno and co should host it, if it is coming from congo, then abia, imo, or cross river should host it. If it is coming from russia, then Lagos or ogun should host it. It is actually a good and reliable power if maintained properly. It will help businesses, homes, rail, etc
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Mccullum: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Since Oyo is bigger than the SE then it should be sited there because nuclear plant needs a large landmass which the SE doesn't have rather Oyo state has in abundance

Agulu Judaist.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Dummy, Is NigerSat 2 not in space right now? Has it not been there for over 7 years? Olodo.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by talk2percy(m): 8:50am On Oct 31, 2017
Are you kidding me Lol..
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Why are you worried since it will be sited at Lagos.
Because Nigeria is my country. I care for all Nigerians, irrespective of tribe. That's why.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by stankezzy: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

It is no longer in space ooo , Buhari brought it down for maintenance and since has not taken it back , saying that there is no money for the maintenance, go to research center abuja by the right near near the last gate imidiately opposite the car park , u will see it there
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by JONSYN7154: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:
Russia Signs Agreement With Nigeria to Build Nuclear Power Plant

By Paul Burkhardt

October 30, 2017, 4:30 PM GMT

Bloomberg

Russia has signed agreements with Nigeria to build and operate a nuclear power plant in the oil-rich West African nation that has a deficit of reliable power and faces security challenges by Islamist militants in the far northeast.

Feasibility studies for the plant and a research center construction will include site screening, capacity, financing, and time frames of the projects, state-owned Russian nuclear company Rosatom said in an emailed statement.

The nations in 2009 signed an intergovernmental agreement on cooperation in the field of the peaceful usage of nuclear technologies. Nigeria in 2015 was in talks with Rosatom to build as many as four nuclear power plants costing about $20 billion, the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission said at the time.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, distributes an average of 4,500 megawatts of electricity. Half the output of the Egbin power plant, the nation’s biggest, is lost because of inadequate transmission infrastructure, its chief officer said last month.

Rosatom is seeking to build nuclear power plants in other countries on the continent including South Africa.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-30/russia-signs-agreement-with-nigeria-to-build-nuclear-power-plant
Long over due

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by EternalTruths: 8:56am On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:
Because Nigeria is my country. I care for all Nigerians, irrespective of tribe. That's why.

No problem

Keep caring for ethnic groups that don't give a fuuucck about our people.

Already one idiot called Fayose is talking about presidency when Igbos have not rule.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Chai, finally I may not see stable power in Nigeria in my life time. What is all this? Nuclear gini? When we have gas resources enough to power this country for another century.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by delvinmaya(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2017
stankezzy:
It is no longer in space ooo , Buhari brought it down for maintenance and since has not taken it back , saying that there is no money for the maintenance, go to research center abuja by the right near near the last gate imidiately opposite the car park , u will see it there

Am shocked reading this right here. Buhari brought down a satellite? Your education dear sir is a waste.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by enemyofprogress: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2017
When we never chop belleful
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by delvinmaya(m): 9:04am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

By Paul Burkhardt

Bloomberg

Russia has signed agreements with Nigeria to build and operate a nuclear power plant in the oil-rich West African nation that has a deficit of reliable power and faces security challenges by Islamist militants in the far northeast.

Feasibility studies for the plant and a research center construction will include site screening, capacity, financing, and time frames of the projects, state-owned Russian nuclear company Rosatom said in an emailed statement.

The nations in 2009 signed an intergovernmental agreement on cooperation in the field of the peaceful usage of nuclear technologies. Nigeria in 2015 was in talks with Rosatom to build as many as four nuclear power plants costing about $20 billion, the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission said at the time.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, distributes an average of 4,500 megawatts of electricity. Half the output of the Egbin power plant, the nation’s biggest, is lost because of inadequate transmission infrastructure, its chief officer said last month.

Rosatom is seeking to build nuclear power plants in other countries on the continent including South Africa.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-30/russia-signs-agreement-with-nigeria-to-build-nuclear-power-plant

Is it that people don't read at all? The Russians are going to build and operate it, meaning the argument being put up about maintenance is void. I believe we should be asking how government is planning to tackle the transmission deficit so that whatever power is generated won't be lost as is the present case

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by enemyofprogress: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

Already one idiot called Fayose is talking about presidency when Igbos have not rule.
are they Nigerians are they not biafrans?
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by aribisala0(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2017
Blue3k:
Interesting they finally got this deal done. I've been hearing talks for years. Now who wants it in their state? I remember they wanted to site it in Akwa Ibom but it was resisted. Nuclear power statistically is safest form of power if you are diligent about maintenance. Next we don't have natural disasters. They only issue is Nigerian factor. I have zero confidence in federal government managing the plant.

What I would like to see is a study on feasibility of thorium salt reactor. I read its safer than uranium reactor and can't be used to make nuclear bombs.

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Statitically safest what does this statement mean? It has no meaning.
There is no basis for comparing "statistically" as you say.

How many nuclear plants are there in the entire world. First of all construct 100000 nuclear plants before talking of statistically safest

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

Whatever you think is 100% irrelevant. Nigerian nuclear EXPERTS will maintain the nuclear plants, not touts like you and the other posters here.

Hehe, my man we're about to concession our airports to foreign countries, AIRPORTS, where are our expert airport maintenance people? Do you know the extent of oil pollution we're battling with in the Niger delta? Common oil, even drilling waste is not being disposed safely, hell....the trash bin in your street, is it being properly managed? nuclear expert, well I'm sure the project will never come to fruition, just for your overlords to loot some money into personal coffers, why am I even bothering myself?
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Blue3k(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Statitically safest what does this statement mean? It has no meaning.
There is no basis for comparing "statistically" as you say.

How many nuclear plants are there in the entire world. First of all construct 100000 nuclear plants before talking of statistically safest

Accident per KW of energy generated. Did you read link or just didn't understand what you read? You don't need to build calculate that statistics. Even the medicine you consume isn't even tested on 100,000 people before it's deemed safe for humans.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Mayflowa(m): 9:13am On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:
Nuclear plants are dangerous investments! Even a minor accident in these plants can destroy a whole geopolitical zone, with cancer-causing radioactive toxins!

Google Chernobil nuclear disaster. The people of Chernobil that survived cannot live in their region for at least the next 100 years!

Please Nigerians, I, a Buhari supporter, says: Tell Buhari; Don't Build Any Nuclear Plant In My State!

I don talk my own o!

U too fear. Lol
Let them come to my place. Darkness is already dead
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by omoelerin1: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Paperwhite:
Misplaced priority! undecided What do Nigeria needs a nuclear plant/armament for when we can even manage the conventional but archaic weaponry at our disposal?
Where will Nigeria get money from to fund such a monumental project from considering the chronic borrowing nature of the Buhari's government?
He is busy wasting our resources prospecting for oil that no more have value in the world market in the northern region with associated wastage of precious lives by BH then now this. undecided
Chai!

Impatient, greatest of all diseases.
Now just go back and diligently read the whole article. Forget the headline.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by omoelerin1: 9:20am On Oct 31, 2017
nnokwa042:
Nuclear power plant? Nigeria that can't not manage her airline her national stadium her roads her now want to build nuclear power ajeokuta steel complex nko?pls let them build it in southwest or northern Nigeria we Easterners reject anything to do with this government in Jesus name
This govt. is about to compensate the victims of civil war with 88 billion naira, we Easterners did not reject
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by oladeebo: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2017
Good Idea!
this will finish the cry of marginalization!
but they must included the fiftieth central, one in each state of South eastern Nigeria!
And the Nation will live in peace!
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by omoelerin1: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2017
Alariiwo:

Anambra or Imo would be best to situate such plant.
Other areas are too congested to gamble with such.
I concur. After all, they have been shouting marginalisation long time ago.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by AerialMapper: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2017
Please kindly build this power plant in the North. I think this sort of development should be done there so that when (not if) there is a melt-down they can realize their stupidity. We have not finished maintaining Thermal and Hydro power we want to go nuclear.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by thunderbabs: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2017
Aaaahhhhhhh, Nigeria is FINISHED when the project gets COMPLETED....Naija, Nuclear ginni?

Plz, situate it in an IPOB state or Boko State.....Runs away.........

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by edi287: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2017
jayfolarin:

And you think dumb unpatriotism will take you to the Stars? Olodo!

You accuse another of emotional outbursts whereas you & your numerous accounts have been masturbating on this thread with sentimentalities all day long! FO0LS everywhere!
Imbe...oya show me where I have been "masturbating". Typical dumb ass mugu...me showing VALID skepticism means I'm not "patriotic". Like I said, being patriotic will not change the fact that we have a poor maintenance culture. Knack head for wall if e pain you. Show me my "numerous" accounts while you're at it.
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by godofuck231: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Rosskii:

By Paul Burkhardt

Bloomberg

With love From mother Russia
Re: Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2017
EternalTruths:

No problem

Keep caring for ethnic groups that don't give a fuuucck about our people.

Fayose is only positioning himself for VP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘30,000’ APC Members From Atiku's Senatorial District Join PDP / President Buhari Reacts To Frederick Fasehun's Death / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Police Beef Up Security Ahead Of Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.