Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,044 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (39157 Views)

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? / Task Force Closes Bars, Clubs And Restaurants In Anambra Over Coronavirus / 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
i cook my food myself..because I am very meticulous about hygiene

but na God de save person sha
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
emmyN:

Trash

Not everything the op stated is trash.pick the good ones and leave d ones u think are trashy.Although this is not applicable to all restaurants,but its better to be on the safer side.There's a popular fast food at òrè road,when u are either going or coming from Lagos.I won't mention d name, but I and some people were opportuned to go to d bushes behind d fast food in order to relief ourselves.Do u knw that those people connected the roof of the fast food to a well?They use rain water.And the backyard is so dirty and greasy.They operate a pit latrin at the back for staffs and yet people pay to pee in their inbuilt filthy toilet.Now don't you think that their food and pastries can be contaminated by that dirty environment and water?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by indomielomo: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hades2016:
More reason why I cook and eat my food cool I don't even allow all those lazy asss hooes cook for me cuz they can't even cook ....
that's them
if i cook for you
you go bite your fingers
i cant blame you because nah slay queen you go dey find up and down
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
indomielomo:

that's them
if i cook for you
you go bite your fingers
i cant blame you because nah slay queen you go dey find up and down
lol slay queen my black asss .. Seems you don't know me madam .... Was born in the street of oshodi and was raised by an real igbo woman .. we have only one girl and the rest are boys ... If I cook for you trust me you go eat and will never leave my house again .... Girls was da eat my food confirm am ... So leave matter and I don't fuvk slay queen am not a kid ... Come make I cook egusi soup for you make you marry me one time wink
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by bettercreature(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm on my way to a buka right now. I'll read the post upon my return.
Send the address make i join you boss,hope they have goat meat
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by XKZ(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
After the Chocolat Royale saga, I became mortally terrified of commercial food.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
XXLDICK:
OP, come my area kon taste Iya Monsuru rice, you no go cook for the rest of your life.
You Don chop jazz be dat
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
some even use urine juice garnished with catrryh to prepare an enticing stew !!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by PierreDeFermath(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
there is this very popular restaurant in Ilorin. its so popular that Yoruba film actors and actresses,famous musicians come there all the time. before she moved to her new location,from what I heard,the king of a town patronized the restaurant and ordered for food,kings are always spiritually powerful and so the king called the woman that owns the restaurant,asked her what she put inside the food and the woman knowing the King has busted her begged him not to reveal her secret and was just begging the king was really angry. The shame made the restauranteur move away from that area and relocated to a far area in the students area probably cos students are mostly from somewhere else and don't have time to poke noses and hear about what happened to this and that. She's really prosperous at the student area now and I've bought food number of times from the restaurant before I heard the rumour .
we should all be careful with the way we consume foods from restaurants. nothing is better than homemade. some restauranteurs wash their pussy in a bowl and cook with it to attract costumers and siphon their destiny. we are in Africa biko
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by PierreDeFermath(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Not everything the op stated is trash.pick the good ones and leave d ones u think are trashy.Although this is not applicable to all restaurants,but its better to be on the safer side.There's a popular fast food at òrè road,when u are either going or coming from Lagos.I won't mention d name, but I and some people were opportuned to go to d bushes behind d fast food in order to relief ourselves.Do u knw that those people connected the roof of the fast food to a well?They use rain water.And the backyard is so dirty and greasy.They operate a pit latrin at the back for staffs and yet people pay to pee in their inbuilt filthy toilet.Now don't you think that their food and pastries can be contaminated by that dirty environment and water?
I was really young when I saw a very big cockroach come out of a big pot of rice at a restaurant
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by chatinent: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
Equal treatment isn't always fair and fair treatment isn't always equal.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
I was really young when I saw a very big cockroach come out of a big pot of rice at a restaurant

Lol,my then flatmate bought beans and saw cockroach inside.The lady denied it flat and even clapped on his head grin.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by PierreDeFermath(m): 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
2shure:
men ai no care.
abegi
even the sstchet and bottled water
u knw wetin dey sup
even bread u dey biu for supermarket
u know how far
baba we do. dey use to am
naija own version of fear factor
using poo poo to cook egusi
inyama

i know wan know wetin i don chop
Na God go save us all.
though i wan go eat for mama put like this like this
you must be Yoruba. like this like this=Nisin nisin or nsin nsin
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by PierreDeFermath(m): 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
amokeme:
Well, there are still some very good restaurants around, I for one plan on owning one someday.
And my kitchen will be visible so people can be confident of what they are eating
iya yii. You go like money o. Visible kitchen would be a perfect selling point,if I would have to visit a restaurant,I would like to see the processes of food preparation through the transparent glass doors.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by PierreDeFermath(m): 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
Psoul:

This is a very poor defense.

OP: Don't eat all those things they cook out there for the good of ur health

Sirheny007: See, if we stop patronizing those fast food, do u kw the effect it will have on our country's economy?

Psoul: Are you telling me that u prefer boosting the economy first to taking care of ur health?
don't mind him. the effect would be that restauranteurs would be forced to be more hygienic,neat and operate restaurants with visible kitchen that you can see what they add from beginning till end and stop the use of costumer attracting charms or rituals that have to do with the food costumers would consume. they would find some other means and that's for the fetish ones that feel they can't do without it
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by vicben27(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2017
Djtrips:

Which wan b kitty Kat water again?
lol are you learner? they wash pusssy with water n prepare food with the water for customer
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Jethrolite(m): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
dreamtech3636:

I hav been eating in restaurants/mama poot
since 1998 yet am still healthier
even for ebola I chop mama poot
even for bird flu I chop for restaurant
even Fo lassa fever I chop Fo maama poot
as I dey type now I dey chop Fo restaurant

come chope abeg
Thank you jare.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ochinex:
I did not really read the post but the boy have no right beating up the girl since they haven't married yet. He is a disgrace to men.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by amokeme(f): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
iya yii. [b]You go like money o. [/b]Visible kitchen would be a perfect selling point,if I would have to visit a restaurant,I would like to see the processes of food preparation through the transparent glass doors.
Lol, yes naw, who doesn't? Money must be made o
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Filmewell(f): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hades2016:
More reason why I cook and eat my food cool I don't even allow all those lazy asss hooes cook for me cuz they can't even cook ....
I wanted to say gerrarahi but I won't cause am a child of Almighty
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
Filmewell:

I wanted to say gerrarahi but I won't cause am a child of Almighty
seriously !!!!!

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Olatara(f): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hades2016:
Or u are stingy with money. Stingy guy.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
Olatara:
Or u are stingy with money. Stingy guy.
nope am not stingy, I don't like it when any how girl cook for me .. and moreover most girls now can't cook and you know that deep down ... So safe me that stingy shiit... Stop typing like a slay queen that you are think with your brain and not with your puna ok ....
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Olatara(f): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hades2016:
nope am not stingy, I don't like it when any how girl cook for me .. and moreover most girls now can't cook and you know that deep down ... So safe me that stingy shiit... Stop typing like a slay queen that you are think with your brain and not with your puna ok ....
OK. Mr
Hades ( Hell).
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
Olatara:
OK. Mr
Hades ( Hell).
ok Ms Ola cool ... Would love to know you wink
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by indomielomo: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2017
Hades2016:
lol slay queen my black asss .. Seems you don't know me madam .... Was born in the street of oshodi and was raised by an real igbo woman .. we have only one girl and the rest are boys ... If I cook for you trust me you go eat and will never leave my house again .... Girls was da eat my food confirm am ... So leave matter and I don't fuvk slay queen am not a kid ... Come make I cook egusi soup for you make you marry me one time wink
okay cook dont worry i will take you has my cook maid
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2017
[quote author=indomielomo post=61965689]
okay cook dont worry i will take you has my cook maid[/quote lol you can't afford dis dude and stop typing like a lil kid and stop thinking with your puna .... I believe there is a lil brain in that big head you have there try to think with it before you type and not with your stinky puna
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Hades2016(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2017
indomielomo:

okay cook dont worry i will take you has my cook maid
lol you can't afford dis dude and stop typing like a lil kid and stop thinking with your puna .... I believe there is a lil brain in that big head you have there try to think with it before you type and not with your stinky puna
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by afaatng: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
The fast-food industry has picked up on this need for people to “eat conveniently”, “eat deliciously” and “eat fast” at the same time. They are using the age-old, ever so effective economic rule of filling the supply of a very demanding society.

The convenience-on-demand can range from driving through your favorite fast food place and having your order ready within minutes to placing a call order from your home and having a pizza delivered.

What makes fast foods dangerous for your health?

In order to compensate for the deliciousness of the menu served at fast food joints, the ingredient compositions of most fast foods are devastating to health.

On top of that, these fast food companies would want to turn a profit at the end of the year, so, over the years, they have learned to cut cost and compromise in production at the risk of the health of the consumers.

These fast foods are processed, they contain artificial sweeteners, ridiculously high sodium content, trans-fat, and to top it all, dangerous preservatives are used to prevent the foods from going bad.

The adverse health conditions caused by these processes are dramatic and alarming and serious attention needs to be paid to them.

The effects are not only limited to the physical, they also spill over to mental health issues and even emotional health issues.
What qualifies as fast/junk foods?

Before we go on to list those health problems, let’s take a quick detour to quickly access what qualifies as junk/fast foods.

According to Dr. Fuhrman in his book Fast Food Genocide, fast foods are anything wrapped in bags, box, or a wrapper.

Examples of fast foods are fries, soda (Coca-cola, Pepsi), energy bars, energy drinks, cookies, cakes, candy, processed snack foods, foods made with white flour, cheese, bagels and the list goes on.

With this list, it is pretty clear that it is not only foods bought at fast food joints that are junk. Fast foods, processed foods, and snacks are all in the junk category. Over the counter indulgences like sweets, lunching snacks, biscuits also fall into this category.

After a long look at the menu at fast food joints, foods that can be “remotely” classified as “healthy” are salads and chickens. But before you start adding those to your purchase list, I want you to know that those “chickens” are actually about 50% chicken.

A recent DNA testing of the meat from fast food places found that fast-food chickens contain “a quarter less protein” than chicken cooked in homes. Also, fast-food chickens have sodium levels that are between seven to ten times more than what was found in conventional chickens.

The vegetables that fast-food chains often serve are not close to being totally organic. These are GMO, pesticide, and insecticide laden vegetables that are grown in a not so ideal condition. Also, preservatives would have been used on these products which would make it more devastating.

Below are 8 health problems associated with fast foods you should know:
1. Fast foods account for one-third of heart diseases in people globally
“Diets comprising mostly of fried foods, salty snacks and meat account for 35 percent of global heart attacks” – Researchers at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada

A study conducted in Canada spreading over 52 countries, took blood samples of over 16,000 patients, with 5,700 of those being heart attack patients. The research came to a conclusion that junk food and animal fats result in heart diseases with heart attacks being paramount.

Why frequent fast-food consumption is a highway to heart disease is because of the high SODIUM content of most fast-foods. Fast-food products are associated with high sodium levels.

This is so that the food can have a lasting delicious taste that will appeal to customers.

Although the recommendation of sodium consumption per day for a normal adult is 2,300mg which is almost the same as taking a tablespoon of salt, it has been found that the average person takes in about 3,400mg of sodium per day.

High sodium content in the body raises the blood pressure while at the same time making the kidney work overtime. High blood pressure often results in heart attacks, kidney disease, heart failure and the list goes on.
2. It is the major source of child and adult obesity

Fast foods are known to be packed with a large number of calories. These calories are also known to be empty, that is, it lacks nutritional values. These foods also come in large portions and they are usually not very filling (satisfying).

According to researchers, obesity increase all over the world has been linked to calorie intake increase. Another problem we are facing is that the type of lives we live nowadays is of the sedentary type.

Those big calories we consume from fast foods are not being burned. Lacking adequate movement in our present way of life combined with constant fast food consumption is why obesity is currently an epidemic that is spreading rapidly amongst citizens of the world.

Obesity in itself is the perpetrator of different kinds of diseases. The diseases that obese people are prone to include heart disease, diabetes, some certain types of cancer, high blood pressure, gout, sleep apnea and so on.

“Obesity accounts for more than 60% of Type 2 diabetes in middle-aged people” – a study conducted at the University of Glasgow using Body Mass Index (BMI)
3. It raises sugar levels in the body and increases the risk.....

Click the link to continue reading - 8 Little Known Devastating Health Problems caused by Fast Foods
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by jbblues24(m): 1:11am On Jun 02, 2019
Such atmosphere, many shape, so sleek angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Train Your Brain To Stop Worrying ! / Can Andrew Liver Salt Wash Away Sperm After Three Days Of Sex? / Nano Silver To End Ebola Vírus In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.