Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! (34595 Views)

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Fresh Eggs Now For Sale @cheaper Price / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
update. I went to the market, the seller requested I give her till evening, so she can get his contact. according to her, that was the first time he supplied eggs to her and when her boss asked for the location of his poultry,he wasnt forth coming. so by this time tmrw, i shld have concluded with the police.

I got eggs from another vendor, who runs her own poultry. this is the difference .

As stated earlier these eggs have a different taste and feel when cooked. All these fake eggs look exactly the same when opened, exactly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by onatisi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
skillzbae:
I gave up on the world when a lady tried selling powdered egg to us at surulere, someone gave her pot and stove she added water to the powder added a pinch of salt and pepper fried it, it looked like eggs, smelt like eggs, in fact u can't believe it's not real eggs, just 1 sachet can feed two adults, she ran away when the boys there wanted to beat her for selling it. For more than a week I kept trying to understand how eggs could be made to powder form

oga , there are powdered eggs products all over the world oo, and i think those boys that attacked the lady are just a bunch of illiterate foools
some are produced in uk and other western nations under the best manufacturing standards ..
check out amazon and ebay and you will see them or better still google

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=powder+egg

https://www.amazon.com/Hoosier-Hill-Farm-Whole-Powdered/dp/B008T9SHRW/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509620516&sr=8-4&keywords=powder+egg

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by dayleke: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
With all the comments on here berating the OP, I give up....
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by akinszz: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
skillzbae:
I gave up on the world when a lady tried selling powdered egg to us at surulere, someone gave her pot and stove she added water to the powder added a pinch of salt and pepper fried it, it looked like eggs, smelt like eggs, in fact u can't believe it's not real eggs, just 1 sachet can feed two adults, she ran away when the boys there wanted to beat her for selling it. For more than a week I kept trying to understand how eggs could be made to powder form
there is... it's a matter of time u will embrace it.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by dayleke: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
update. I went to the market, the seller requested I give her till evening, so she can get his contact. according to her, that was the first time he supplied eggs to her and when her boss asked for the location of his poultry,he wasnt forth coming. so by this time tmrw, i shld have concluded with the police.

I got eggs from another vendor, who runs her own poultry. this is the difference .

They won't locate him again...
"Gone with the wind" na im name now.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by akinszz: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
ireneidiva:

Madam when mango and orange can be in powdered form, why not eggs?
even human being can also be in powdered form grin wetin Chinese no fit do

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by VillageWinch: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
PLEASE LET'S CHASE SOULLESS, GODLESS CHINESE OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.!!!!
THEY WILL KILLED US ALL!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by dukeprince50: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
Good morning. I had to remember my nairaland password by force this morning cos this needed to be posted!
So, I went to the market on Monday to shop for household items and amongst them, I got my crate of eggs. On Tuesday, I used some to bake a cake as that's what my daughter prefers as snacks. I noticed my cake didn't quite feel and taste as usual but I didn't suspect the eggs until last night.

So I took an egg, boiled it and behold, that was when I realised, what I have been seeing on YouTube was in my kitchen. I was shocked and upset. I know its the handwork of all these Chinese people in abuja, building hidden factories everywhere
.dear Nigerians, we can't keep quiet. We can't let them come in to our country and rape it! If you are reading this and you belong to any organisation that can do something, please, for the sake of the health of innocent children, please raise dust on this matter.

Long story cut short, I will like to clearly tell us how to identify these evil eggs.

1) the eggs in the crate are suspiciously of similar size
2) when you break it, it is too perfect, like, even when I was breaking it into my cake batter, it will hit the batter and the yoke will still be intact.

The yoke is so intact, you can pick it up severally and even play with it on your palms
I will include pictures I took last night.

3) when boiled, it just doesn't feel right. With regular egg,you can mash the yoke with your thumb, between your fingers, with this, its like ,how can I describe this. Its like plastic, it comes apart in big crumbs.

4) I saw in a video, that when you fry it, the yoke disappears and you have just white
Well they have improved on their evil work, now when you break the egg into a frying pan, the yoke will just go and sit in a corner till the heat melts whatever they used to sac it in.

5) the shell. You can literally peal away all the coating from inside the shell, please I don't know what its called, the inner of the shell, a transparent film like coating, that one. The fake egg has it too but you can literally peal it off and when you do ,put it on your open fire, you will be shocked, it melts like nylon bag.

I will go back to the seller and ask for the contact of the supplier. To be fair on her, I have been buying eggs from that shop for years and when I wanted to buy these, she complained that eggs are scarce and that they just managed to get that batch
I don't think she knew tho that they are factory produced eggs. I will find out

Pls @lalasticlala lalasticlala, kindly push this cos I want maximum awareness. I will go to IG as well. These factories should be hunted down and burnt to the ground. If they are importing it ,customs should be effective for the sake of our children.

I have to dispose my cake and it sucks

lalasticlala and seun, which of ona push this lie go FP?
but before that, dear lady, the transparent thing is called the egg membrane, there are two egg membranes, one attached to the shell and the other encloses the content of the egg, now that we are clear on this, firstly egg can never be scarce in the market a layer lays egg every 26hrs, that is from ovulation to oviposition, after laying it stays 30mins and drops another yolk into infundibulum(ovulation) therefore a bird lays almost everyday, how can egg be scarce? don't use that scarce to compliment your lie.
1. the eggs are suspiciously of similar size? is that even a point, different breeds lay different size, the white Leghorn egg is smaller than than the rod island red, but the rhod island lays equal size of egg. so if its equal size, it means its same breed.
2.how did you know its Chinese egg? why will you just conclude its China with outstanding accuracy making fake egg like that cost much more than doing it the normal way, and no one goes into business to make a loss.
pls do not put fear into the masses, we are trying to move forward as a nation not backward. when u bake egg you no suspect say the yolk deh intact na for night when you boil am u con suspect. mtcheew...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Jimmy231: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
lil kid.Feel free to kal any elder in ur house from 46 above ode.Go skool,mbanu!U'll rather waste ur time betting bet9ja from 8 to 8..Go ask a poultry farmer how possible to produce fake eggs/take time to research. .I dnt reply teens. kid
Agba o ko ogbon you can never produce fake eggs only bad eggs... They talk fake here sir with due respect you dont deserve treated like 46
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by dukeprince50: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
VillageWinch:
PLEASE LET'S CHASE SOULLESS, GODLESS CHINESE OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.!!!!
THEY WILL KILLED US ALL!!!!!!!!!
so u believed this lie?

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Mrjo(m): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
I intend going to the police station with the rest. I will kindly ask her for the supplier's contact, if she doesn't provide it, she will have to take the fall. I will try my best and hope others reading reports it.
for ur information snice we started given fowl feed to produced egg that was when we stop eating original egg. There is no differnce btw what u want and what u get

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
dukeprince50:

but before that, dear lady, the transparent thing is called the egg membrane, there are two egg membranes, one attached to the shell and the other encloses the content of the egg, now that we are clear on this, firstly egg can never be scarce in the market a layer lays egg every 26hrs, that is from ovulation to oviposition, after laying it stays 30mins and drops another yolk into infundibulum(ovulation) therefore a bird lays almost everyday, how can egg be scarce? don't use that scarce to compliment your lie.
1. the eggs are suspiciously of similar size? is that even a point, different breeds lay different size, the white Leghorn egg is smaller than than the rod island red, but the rhod island lays equal size of egg. so if its equal size, it means its same breed.
2.how did you know its Chinese egg? why will you just conclude its China with outstanding accuracy making fake egg like that cost much more than doing it the normal way, and no one goes into business to make a loss.
pls do not put fear into the masses, we are trying to move forward as a nation not backward. when u bake egg you no suspect say the yolk deh intact na for night when you boil am u con suspect. mtcheew...
i am not trying to win here, I am trying to figure out what exactly is going on. If the supplier can confidently take me to his poultry and show others eggs like this and show me the fowls laying them, i will come and say ,ok i was wrong. I am not putting fear mind u.

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Davifeghe(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
I tell you ppl everything in Nigeria �� is fake, so even rat poison if you want to buy tast it, otherwise most of them are salty.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Sagay212: 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
How can egg be fake. Doesn't make any sense. The egg probably went bad. You can get bad eggs from birds. But it makes no sense for anyone to sit down and want to produce fake eggs. How much you gonna make from that considering the effort put into it. How is it even possible. Dem nor dey import egg na.

Make we dey try use our head for this country oooo. Before we know now dem go say fake water dey.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by TundeHashim(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
That egg is genetically modified. there's nothing extraordinary in it....

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by OvaSabi1(f): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
dukeprince50:

You have sense. Nigerians and conspiracy theories na. That was how the plastic rice allegations were refuted. The only way to conclude this thing is to involve a good laboratory. The atoms and molecular structure of a synthetic egg will look different under a microscope. I am not even a scientist and I know this. But OP wants to go viral. Why don't you involve ECOMOG NATO and ICC. No be only police and news station go hearam.

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by OvaSabi1(f): 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
i am not trying to win here, I am trying to figure out what exactly is going on. If the supplier can confidently take me to his poultry and show others eggs like this and show me the fowls laying them, i will come and say ,ok i was wrong. I am not putting fear mind u.

Issa lie you want to do viral YouTube video. The first place you should be going to is a laboratory and not police/news station. This is an insult to the Chinese community.

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
OvaSabi1:

Issa lie you want to do viral YouTube video. The first place you should be going to is a laboratory and not police/news station. This is an insult to the Chinese community.
I should go to lab? Cos I am minister of health. If the police can't solve the issue,I have tried.

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by OvaSabi1(f): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
I should go to lab? Cos I am minister of health. If the police can't solve the issue,I have tried.

Police can only solve this issue if you got poisoning from the egg and the food and drug authority has ascertained that it is fake. How will the police know the egg is fake without a scientific evidence? Which police station in naija will help you take your egg to the lab? Please allow money spent on school fees for you to be worth it.

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by khome(f): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
UjuJoan2:

I really need to learn. . . embarassed embarassed
Lol
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by naturefellow(m): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:

You think the world revolves around your locality. Google and see that this is predominant in Asia. They have come here with it. Educate yourself and stop looking ignorant.
Lots of 'keypad-happy' kids and thus thoughtless comments here these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by TrumpDonald2: 3:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
grin embarassed undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink cheesy cheesy grin ;Dgo skool, dem nor go gree, Ask question, mbah
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by TrumpDonald2: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
grin embarassed undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink cheesy cheesy grin ;Dgo skool, dem nor go gree, Ask question, mbah
Just imagine this idiot! You can't inject an egg that is meant to be sold raw. It can only be possible if the egg is going to hatch i.e If you want to modify the chick. How can you inject a raw egg that will be sold in market? See person wey go school grin grin Stop reasoning with your skull and making silly comments on nairaland. Grow up...you can't convert likes and shares to money. Ewu.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by TrumpDonald2: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
neoapocalypse:

oh yes , with the right syringe. Egg shells are not totally impermeable , it has tiny microscopic holes

Oga there is nothing like right syringe or tiny microscopic holes through which you can inject an egg without leaving a hole ( no matter how microscopic). We are talking about raw eggs here, to be transported and sold. Any injection on it will warrant the egg shell to be sealed with wax. Injecting eggs is usually done on eggs that are to be hatched in order to modify the chicks. If a raw egg is injected, it can be identified.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by DonBobes(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
u will not silently wallow in ignorance,u want to take others with you. I bought it 1kobo.

Ur response is just amongst d best in d presence of criticism. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by MNDY(m): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
OP, and what if she is unable to provide the supplier, you will make her pay dearly for it...right? C'mon, don't let your anger treat someone too harshly. She may not have an idea of the fact that the eggs were actually bad (I'm just saying). The supplier too may not know (I'm just saying). We understand that you feel cheated.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
MNDY:
OP, and what if she is unable to provide the supplier, you will make her pay dearly for it...right? C'mon, don't let your anger treat someone too harshly. She may not have an idea of the fact that the eggs were actually bad (I'm just saying). The supplier too may not know (I'm just saying). We understand that you feel cheated.
she has been my egg supplier, I didn't even ask for a refund however I will never buy from her again.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by LadySarah: 12:46am On Nov 04, 2017
MNDY:

why will she be unable to provide her supplier,did she buy it in the spiritworld?you are a typical reason why Nigeria keeps deteriorating,when we keep saying leave it,Until it gets to one of your own then it'll pain you.Is there anything wtong with finding out where these eggs came from,do you know why cancer is on the increase?
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 24, 2018
kay29000:
Fake egg ke. Egg is too cheap for people to invest money into making fake of it. It is probably egg from a rare breed of chicken or something.
As stupid & ignorant as u are.. Egg is too cheap. You know nothing about business.
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 24, 2018
Sagay212:
How can egg be fake. Doesn't make any sense. The egg probably went bad. You can get bad eggs from birds. But it makes no sense for anyone to sit down and want to produce fake eggs. How much you gonna make from that considering the effort put into it. How is it even possible. Dem nor dey import egg na.

Make we dey try use our head for this country oooo. Before we know now dem go say fake water dey.
Lol... See mumu na ur anus u dey use no be only head. Enter youtube and type in plastic egg making & watch.. Something thats been happening u never still know
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2018
dukeprince50:

Do your research before typing long rubbish.. The internet has made researching easy for even lazy people
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by kay29000(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
dairykidd:

As stupid & ignorant as u are.. Egg is too cheap. You know nothing about business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eat Or Pass? / What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? / Woman Sells Rat Meat By Roadside. Would You Buy? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.