Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (128905 Views)

Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by aydi(m): 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Who knows of any forklift training school in Abuja
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Shakushaku1(m): 5:07am On Nov 10, 2017
BigChillin:

Finland's main industry is technology, and it excels in IT, telecommunications technology (i.e Nokia etc ), science and engineering. So there is no dearth of supply of hi-tech graduates in that country. Matter of fact, their educational system is geared towards churning out highly skilled technology and engineering graduates.....truck loads of them. You will have little or no comparative advantage over them to distinguish you or create unique opportunities for you in those fields. They already have in ample supply what you have.....except you are a rare tech genius. This trait is shared by nearly all the Nordic nations....Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland, the weakest of them all.
However, they are all experiencing a dire shortage of healthcare professionals, especially nurses. You might wanna look into opportunities in that sector. One of the chicks I hung out with in Norway (a bombshell blonde beauty Norwegian nurse) told me foreign nurses are being recruited into Norway. I believe same goes for Finland as i met some cute Ethiopian chicks living and working in Finland as nurses.

You have any idea how to get a nursing job, what's the remuneration like?

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mcslize: 7:15am On Nov 10, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Oh bobs. We're talking real money here.

An average forklift operator in Finland earns about $13 to $15 per hour. You're talking of like $31,000 per month.

In Norway however,you can earn about 39kr(norwegian kroner)
From my research,you can even earn more if you're ready to do night shifts or work during weekends.

But in a nutshell,you'll earn more in Finland.
Perhaps after making enough money you can switch to your beloved Norway.
Luck

How does $15 per hour translate to $31,000 per month?

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TheManOfTheYear: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2017
Mcslize:

How does $15 per hour translate to $31,000 per month?
I only gave rough estimates. That amount is usually the maximum in most cases
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Saintsquare(m): 9:56am On Nov 10, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
yes bro. You have to undergo training before you can drive a forklift.

It takes about 4-6 months to learn fully.

You can learn here in Naija before leaving. Lots of companies can train you
can u kindly state the companies around Lagos, thanks
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mcslize: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
I only gave rough estimates. That amount is usually the maximum in most cases

That's too high. Hope you ain't thinking it's naira you just estimated. Even a company manager in US won't make 31k dollars a month even if he works $150 per hour. Mind you they ain't working the whole 24 hours per day. It's mostly 8 hours per day. And 40 hours per week. That amount you quoted should be per anum not per month. I stand to be corrected. But someone else can confirm this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:01am On Nov 10, 2017
lostnegro:
Brethren beware of scammers on facebook and free dating sites etc go for paid dating and don't do it for the sole purpose of going out but for love.,Thats a stale trick and you may regret it.I have dated Czech,Irish,British and currently dating an American now.The bottom line is get a paying job first or save to pay for those sites.(can cost as much as 8k) dont think it can just happen in a day.These things take time.Lastly don't be those who break their hearts�.shallom
lol bros u ve dated alot of nationalities o,,,,the chatting and time zone shii keeps me off such,facebook used to be my go to site but u know now,them don open eyes...pls list the paid dating sites uf u dint mind.......
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by tripoli007(m): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2017
To barb hair na €20....and me normally dey keep hair, omor I don virus one Arab guy when dey run am free for me....so brothers planning to come too, make una learn all these small small things oh, because e go help you..I wanted to learn how to drive cranes and forklift driving back in Naija but money matter nor let me see road...however it’s my next skill to acquire here....

Bros I dey go find serious enquiries on this forklift and crane driving.. My guy dey Aussie and na wetting he dey do alongside schooling and he is making very good money
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Bossman(m): 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
Yeah. There was probably a mistake. $15/hour is roughly $2400 per month, or about $30k per year.

Mcslize:

That's too high. Hope you ain't thinking it's naira you just estimated. Even a company manager in US won't make 31k dollars a month even if he works $150 per hour. Mind you they ain't working the whole 24 hours per day. It's mostly 8 hours per day. And 40 hours per week. That amount you quoted should be per anum not per month. I stand to be corrected. But someone else can confirm this.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
You can’t get rich in Scandinavia no doubt due to social democracy, social welfare contributions from high taxation on your wages, but what makes Scandinavia a place to be is the quality free education and student loans/grants that would give you a balanced ground work to develop products and solutions to meet human needs, which can make you rich when you service clients around the world.

For now the biggest careers are Game developers, AI and software engineers, Robotic engineers and finally content creators. That’s why Scandinavia has more rich people per capita compared to the USA. Some of the chips on your smart phones, washing machines, war ships and fighter jets etc are designed by engineers here but assembled in China, as a matter of fact the next designated hub or clients/market are Dubai, UAE and Saudi Arabia for obvious reason “OIL”.

Truck would only put food on your table and that industry is saturated.

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Amoto94(m): 11:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
olaboy1:
You can’t get rich in Scandinavia no doubt due to social democracy, social welfare contributions from high taxation on your wages, but what makes Scandinavia a place to be is the quality free education and student loans/grants that would give you a balanced ground work to develop products and solutions to meet human needs, which can make you rich when you service clients around the world.

For now the biggest careers are Game developers, AI and software engineers, Robotic engineers and finally content creators. That’s why Scandinavia has more rich people per capita compared to the USA. Some of the chips on your smart phones, washing machines, war ships and fighter jets etc are designed by engineers here but assembled in China, as a matter of fact the next designated hub or clients/market is Dubai, UAE and Saudi Arabia for obvious reason “OIL”.

Saying it as it is

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by aydi(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2017
olaboy1:

For now the biggest careers are Game developers, AI and software engineers, Robotic engineers and finally content creators. That’s why Scandinavia has more rich people per capita compared to the USA. Some of the chips on your smart phones, washing machines, war ships and fighter jets etc are designed by engineers here but assembled in China, as a matter of fact the next designated hub or clients/market are Dubai, UAE and Saudi Arabia for obvious reason “OIL”.

What do you do for work where you are.And which industry would you rather be if the opportunity arises.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2017
Daeylar:

It really wasn't necessary, the way some Nigerian men treat women most times is disgusting.

It's truly disgusting and I don't blame them for behaving that way. I blame the ladies who allow themselves to be treated that way.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2017
Lorax:

it's disgusting to say the least. Nigerian guys go about marrying old white women for paper, engage in internet fraud, traffic drugs and what not outside Nigeria and Nigerian girls do not go about insulting them or even comparing them with foreigners. And the same Nigerian girls they spend their time insulting get married to better looking and better behaved foreigners of right age and they don't go about making noise about it.

At the bolded, it's the other way around. It's the guys that go about ridiculing Nigerian ladies and their foreign husbands.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
aydi:

What do you do for work where you are.And which industry would you rather be if the opportunity arises.

I work as a design engineer electrical sensors and I’m satisfied with my chosen field of study (Masters in elect eng)
Note we had compulsory software courses in this program.
I have friends who are software developers and have moved to Dubai for big projects. So you can’t go wrong with any of the programs I’ve listed.

It’s very easy to find a 14yr old programmer here and kids building robots because the wages for low skilled jobs are very high in Scandinavia, hence they are been replaced by technology.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by miqos02(m): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
mastermaestro:

It will never be well with those who destroyed Nigeria and turned it to a wasteland. Just look at what a country looks like! angry
e dey do me like film as I see those pics

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by JimmySmilez: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2017

The scholarship hard for undergraduates because na FINNISH language them take they learn, but Masters scholarship dey for English...Like say you try round up undergraduate for Naija, with better grade, nor be my kind low cgpa oh!! angry then way dey for masters scholarship for here
Bro, could you expatiate on this?

Thank you!
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by ZUBY77(m): 3:06am On Nov 12, 2017
Good Base Story.

But the run just started.
You will have new stories to tell in a few years.

Just keep your head up at all times, don't drift away to nowhere.

7 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by chukxie(m): 3:09am On Nov 12, 2017
Op, You don enter ghost mode. A lot of readers are eagerly waiting for you to tell them how you're faring out there. Don't keep guys hanging. All the best, bro!
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by aydi(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
olaboy1:

I work as a design engineer electrical sensors and I’m satisfied with my chosen field of study (Masters in elect eng/specialization in telecoms).
Note we had compulsory software courses in this program.
I have friends who are software developers and have moved to Dubai for big projects. So you can’t go wrong with any of the programs I’ve listed.

It’s very easy to find a 14yr old programmer here and kids building robots because the wages for low skilled jobs are very high in Scandinavia, hence they are been replaced by technology.

Thanks for your response
The fact is that the Nigerian system cannot accomodate all its youth;Graduates and Non graduates skilled and unskilled Hence the need for migration.
In which sector are there the most opportunities for immigrants in scandinavian countries.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
aydi:

Thanks for your response
The fact is that the Nigerian system cannot accomodate all its youth;Graduates and Non graduates skilled and unskilled Hence the need for migration.
In which sector are there the most opportunities for immigrants in scandinavian countries.

The construction and health sectors seem to require more workforce from what I’ve seen. Almost every year all the roads in my local community are refurbished, and there are massive road/tunnel projects all over Scandinavia. So I believe Nursing and all construction related education would create more competitive opportunities for immigrants in Scandinavia.

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
ZUBY77:
Good Base Story.
But the run just started. You will have new stories to tell in a few years.
the boss of adventure. really learnt alot from "there & back in time". nice work from all contributors @olaboy1

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
Lorax:

it's disgusting to say the least. Nigerian guys go about marrying old white women for paper, engage in internet fraud, traffic drugs and what not outside Nigeria and Nigerian girls do not go about insulting them or even comparing them with foreigners. And the same Nigerian girls they spend their time insulting get married to better looking and better behaved foreigners of right age and they don't go about making noise about it.

Spot on grin
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mobuoy19: 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Totally breathtaking... I would have loved to gush about OP's perseverance but una don drive am comot

anonymous2001 cuman see something
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2017
Jigba:
Spot on grin
Wow, loving the melanin of those lovely girls in your DP
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2017
BenShammer:
Wow, loving the melanin of those lovely girls in your DP

Thanks
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nigeriadondie: 12:10am On Nov 21, 2017
olaboy1:

When it comes to honesty I think you guys still don’t understand what’s going on internally. Let me do some clarifications

Let’s say you were driving on the high way and you witness an accident and see many Swedes parked trying to help, you would be quick to write that these folks are just way too compassionate without you understanding why they are compassionate. Their is a law that can send you to jail if you don’t stop to help when you witness an accident, have you asked yourself why the govt needs to make that law if they are naturally compassionate, after all we don’t have such laws tying our hands in Nigeria and I can bet more than 10 cars will stop to help in the event of an accident. Now let’s apply this to the honesty you stated

They have to be honest, sales reps have to be honest, sellers have to be honest because there are strong laws binding them that could send them to jail once they breach a written agreement or contract, all these still don’t make them the most honest people on earth . Many of us had this perception in the first 3yrs we arrived, but all my friends have come to same conclusion that they are actually not honest but tied by laws and if you want to know how dishonest they are, try and run any package with them without a written agreement and you would be shocked how the person would deny everything. They have a more professional way of cheating you we have all found out.

How can an employer take advantage of you when he could lose his license, pay for damages and go to minimum of 5yrs in prison if found out. I keep saying only those who have lived above 5yrs in Scandinavia can actually give an unbiased feedback.

Maybe you would even say they don’t cheat.
I am glad u mentioned how their laws are able to regulate their actions. Even God himself is a law giver and his creations operates on physical laws no wonder we have order many of which man has been able to invent things.

It is these laws that makes Scandinavian countries the best part of the world to live.

Look at traffic laws for example, I was amazed to see the style of driving here which from d laws if an accident occurs u dont need to be a witness to know who is at fault. Like d left hand rule at roundabouts, d right hand rule when not at round abouts, strict observance of pedestrian crossings which if u ever try that in Nigeria I swear u wud be knocked down.

Regardless of whatever u say, laws are needed for any progressive societies. Without laws and strict enforcement of it, then u ve d chaotic situations as u ve in Nigeria.

Science have revealed fundamental laws in nature as created by God. So seriously speaking I dont know what u aim at driving at.

Cant u see d benefit of d laws as u referred to an employer never taking advantage of his workers but in Nigeria, even govt breaks the laws by owing its workers, the reward of d Nigeria workers are in heaven not on earth.

I ve worked here and once I work even 15minutes extra I get paid for it but people in lawless Nigeria iwed months of salaries and when they retire owed pension.

U re entitled to your opinion but regsrdless of whatever u say be truthful to yourself and with yourself, life in the Scandinavian part of the world is 1 milllion times better than what is obtainable in Nigeria.
As Pidgin2 who claims to ve travelled out, I guess it was Somalia or Djibouti she went to.

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I am glad u mentioned how their laws are able to regulate their actions. Even God himself is a law giver and his creations operates on physical laws no wonder we have order many of which man has been able to invent things.

It is these laws that makes Scandinavian countries the best part of the world to live.

Look at traffic laws for example, I was amazed to see the style of driving here which from d laws if an accident occurs u dont need to be a witness to know who is at fault. Like d left hand rule at roundabouts, d right hand rule when not at round abouts, strict observance of pedestrian crossings which if u ever try that in Nigeria I swear u wud be knocked down.

Regardless of whatever u say, laws are needed for any progressive societies. Without laws and strict enforcement of it, then u ve d chaotic situations as u ve in Nigeria.

Science have revealed fundamental laws in nature as created by God. So seriously speaking I dont know what u aim at driving at.

Cant u see d benefit of d laws as u referred to an employer never taking advantage of his workers but in Nigeria, even govt breaks the laws by owing its workers, the reward of d Nigeria workers are in heaven not on earth.

I ve worked here and once I work even 15minutes extra I get paid for it but people in lawless Nigeria iwed months of salaries and when they retire owed pension.

U re entitled to your opinion but regsrdless of whatever u say be truthful to yourself and with yourself, life in the Scandinavian part of the world is 1 milllion times better than what is obtainable in Nigeria.
As Pidgin2 who claims to ve travelled out, I guess it was Somalia or Djibouti she went to.

You are quoting me out of context, because at no point did I write that laws don’t shape societies.

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by tripoli007(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2017
ZUBY77:
Good Base Story.

But the run just started.
You will have new stories to tell in a few years.

Just keep your head up at all times, don't drift away to nowhere.

Oga zubby my man ,master runner .. Zubby nwoke ike .. How the run for asia
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by ZUBY77(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2017
tripoli007:

Oga zubby my man ,master runner .. Zubby nwoke ike .. How the run for asia

the story will be written

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by AK481(m): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Guys by this FIFTH APPLICATION, my lean savings had depleted, I had just around N700K as account balance to submit this time angry While the application was still processing, my girl announced to me that she’ll come to Naija for our wedding and this time, we have to go to Sweden together, now this girl is very beautiful and me self come dey fear, she had a stubborn ex, but guys I don stamp authority for the girl full life grin I really loved her for one quality: with any rejection, she will double her shock absorber and in fact, console me serially! Fast forward months later, the visa application I lodged came out with this reason for refusal: “Insufficient account balance”...I nor bother near the embassy again, as my girl came for our wedding this time, I took her to the embassy again and this time, I forced my way in with her, we explained our predicament to them, and she told them that we were getting married at the registry at Ikoyi, that if they refused any further application, she would commit suicide cheesy na we dey power all these talk normally... grin I exhausted my savings on the wedding and vice versa and went to apply for a spouse resident permit....I was then informed that decision on that can come out in one year angry Interview day, I rushed one black bullet because to me, na do or die this time! This was how this interview went....

street,una dey here so?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by AK481(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
lostnegro:
Brethren beware of scammers on facebook and free dating sites etc go for paid dating and don't do it for the sole purpose of going out but for love.,Thats a stale trick and you may regret it.I have dated Czech,Irish,British and currently dating an American now.The bottom line is get a paying job first or save to pay for those sites.(can cost as much as 8k) dont think it can just happen in a day.These things take time.Lastly don't be those who break their hearts�.shallom

link of one please

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.