Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. (1232 Views)

Lady Covers Her Nose, Watches Her Man Poo Inside Toilet In Pre-wedding Photos / Reno Omokri: "Men, Big Bosoms And Backsides Shouldn't Be Your Target" / Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Nose rings are mentioned in the Bible as far back as the book of Genesis. When Abraham sent his servant in search of a wife for Isaac, the servant prayed that God would reveal to him the right young woman (Genesis 24:12–14). Rebekah came in answer to his prayer, and when she agreed to give him lodging in her father’s home, he gave her some gifts from his master, Abraham. Among those gifts was “a gold nose ring” (Genesis 24:22). This reveals that nose rings were in fashion during that era and they represented wealth and status when given as gifts. They were also considered female attire.

In Ezekiel 16, God describes the affection He had showered upon Israel in terms of a man showering his bride with gifts: “I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head” (verse 12). The Lord often used figurative speech and familiar objects and customs in order to communicate unfamiliar truths to His people. The lavish adornment, including the nose ring, described in this passage was the way a wealthy, loving husband would have provided for his beloved.

Nose rings are worn for different reasons in different cultures. In some Hindu communities, piercing a woman’s nose marks her as either married or ready for marriage. It is also believed by some that piercing the nose relieves pain during childbirth. Nose ring is also worn by the Fulani's and some northern communities in Nigeria. While some wear it just for fashion.

For a Christian, the one principle that should define all choices is found in 1 Corinthians 10:31: “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. With those qualities in place, l have freedom to express the beauty of Christ in a variety of ways, including wearing nose rings.(if l wish to do so) and it doesn't make me any less decent.

cc: lalasticlala
mynd44
Seun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by zephry(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2017
I don't have any decency problem with nose rings
only the fact that it makes them look like that bull in Tom and jerry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by BigBelleControl(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2017
I have phobia for ladies that have nose ring /stud. I see them in same light with those that have ankle chains.
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by valgbo(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2017
grin

I love piercing..

I believe if someone is having some piercings in her body, she cud endure pains..

Nowadays, body piercing is juz a fashion statement...

Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by tosyne2much(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2017
I don't like that type of fashion
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by MhizzAJ(f): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2017
I don't even see any reason why it should be condemned

Some people just like to decorate themselves

I love Nose rings, anklets, ear piercing,belly button rings...i think it's cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 02, 2017
I think it's cool.. I see nothing wrong in it..
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nbote(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2017
Its simply hypocrisy and d kind of society we now live in dat makes people condemn things especially d overly religious ones..
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by QueenSekxy(f): 9:20am On Nov 02, 2017
I don't have problem with people on nose ring though atimes some look scary on it
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2017
what of eye ring do bible condemn it
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by 2dice01: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2017
Nose ring makes ladies look like a Bull

While

Neck chain makes dem look like a Dog

Guys life is the best...no drama
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2017
No Problem... But You People Will Be Lookin Like Cow or Waterbuffalo
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by shinarlaura(f): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with it.
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Heloct(f): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2017
I love piercings.

I mentioned once to my male friends that I wanted to get piercings and they condemned and rebuked me saying people would see me in a different light.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 04, 2017
Glad the lots of you agree with my points.
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Blackhawk01: 7:57am On Nov 04, 2017
Spot on! It's even more annoying when they condemn anklets and tatts embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2017
I like it but can't try such.
Re: Reasons Why Nose Ring Shouldn't Be Condemned. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
Lalasticlala..what do u think?

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Stop A Wedding / How 10 Ladies Raped Me / No Internet No Food: 10 Things To Happen Without The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.