Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) (4036 Views)

Stand Up And Be Counted. Say No To Xenophobia, Hate Speech And Tribalism Today / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by SEFAGO(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
That notwithstanding, going back to your answer, your analogy “the reason why the igbo cannot leave Nigeria, is the same reason why someone cannot kill their fellowman” is not only laughable but absurd.

I was simply showing you that people could not do what they want just because they felt like it- whats so intrinsically wrong with murder anyways? I doubt someone could give an objective good reason why we should not kill one another. Fellowman is quite a subjective and group think term. I usually leap logic and expect people to follow, another overestimation i make.

Mind you, no entity is eternally bound to remain in a union for which there was no formal agreement. Unlike the US in which some states agreed to form a union and later incorporated others into it, Nigerian nations never had any plebiscite nor signed any agreement to form a country rather was imposed on them by our slave masters, which unlike Southern Cameroun, had a plebiscite before joining Cameroun

Who told you that? Divine law? Stop using the US as an example lol, its so totally different situation. Or canada- nothing in their history is similar to the Nigerian case. Moreover these arae bonafide first class countries- igbo are a backward group in relative terms of development- allowing them autonomy could be disastrous
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
The insults on this thread are terrible. grin

Aboki mallam toy soldier, we are not talking of nigerian census here where your cousins from chad and niger including your goats and cows are counted as northern nigerians.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by chosen04(f): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
SEFAGO:

Thats the main reason why I get angry when I hear these people talk- not that i have anything against igbo just that they seem to be obsessed with leaving

SEFAGO:

I am agnostic- stop all this satan and jesus crap.

Being agnostic does not stop you from answering the question. After all SATAN & JESUS were simply for emphasis.

I strongly believe that you are also IGBOASIATIC---Hatred of anything that has to do with the good of the Igbo race.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by 006(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
I was simply showing you that people could not do what they want just because they felt like it- whats so intrinsically wrong with murder anyways? I doubt someone could give an objective good reason why we should not kill one another. Fellowman is quite a subjective and group think term. I usually leap logic and expect people to follow, another overestimation i make.

Are you sick
Let me assume you're not so that I could reply your next comment.

Who told you that? Divine law? Stop using the US as an example lol, its so totally different situation. Or canada- nothing in their history is similar to the Nigerian case. Moreover these arae bonafide first class countries- igbo are a backward group in relative terms of development- [b]allowing them autonomy could be disastrou[/b]s

You're simply running away from the facts.
However, how disastrous could autonomy for the Igbos be, to Nigeria or to Igbos? If the disaster you're referring to is to Nigeria, that confirms the fact that Nigerian other ethnic groups are fearful of the Igbos, maybe we could become more advanced than they could ever be. If the disaster is to Igbos, when have you become so concerned about the welfare of the Igbos?
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by SEFAGO(m): 12:10am On Mar 24, 2010
chosen04:

Being agnostic does not stop you from answering the question. After all SATAN & JESUS were simply for emphasis.

I strongly believe that you are also IGBOASIATIC---Hatred of anything that has to do with the good of the Igbo race.

hmm u did not even create a good word at least you could have started with igbophobic hehe. I am neither, I only get angry when I see news about igbo people claiming they are better than other people, or attempts by igbo people to secede. If I don't stop this now, the conseqeunces for you people might be disastrous.

Are you sick Huh Huh Huh
Let me assume you're not so that I could reply to your next comment.

No, I am not- you don't catch my drift and you never would so I think its a waste of time pursuing it.

You're simply running away from the facts.
However, how disastrous could autonomy for the Igbos be, to Nigeria or to Igbos? If the disaster you're referring to is to Nigeria, that confirms the fact that Nigerian other ethnic groups are fearful of the Igbos, maybe we could become more advanced than they could ever be. If the disaster is to Igbos, when have you become so concerned about the welfare of the Igbos?

Which facts? To start with your first assertion, no one thinks the igbos would become more advanced. From previous african scenario, I have a rough estimate of what would happen in the unlikely event that the igbo people form their own country. Moreover, the repercussions that could result from a secession- the Nigerian government blocking all transfer of funds of igbo indigenes,  especially those who live in the south-west/north- yes they can do that (please don't be sentimental and start boasting about some assumed might of igbo people), trials and execution of secessionists and those abetting them (which some idiot would call later in the future a genocide), enforced restrictions of igbo in certain places in Nigeria e.t.c

As for being concerned about the welfare of the igbo, I really don't care what happens to them, or what happens to Yoruba or Hausa- I am really interested in what happens to Nigerians. Further, my perspective is 50% academic, I really want an argument why there should be an igbo nation apart from silly sentiments.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by 006(m): 1:01am On Mar 24, 2010
Which facts? To start with your first assertion, no one thinks the igbos would become more advanced. From previous african scenario, I have a rough estimate of what would happen in the unlikely event that the igbo people form their own country. Moreover, the repercussions that could result from a secession- the Nigerian government blocking all transfer of funds of igbo indigenes,  especially those who live in the south-west/north- yes they can do that (please don't be sentimental and start boasting about some assumed might of igbo people), trials and execution of secessionists and those abetting them (which some idiot would call later in the future a genocide), enforced restrictions of igbo in certain places in Nigeria e.t.c

As for being concerned about the welfare of the igbo, I really don't care what happens to them, or what happens to Yoruba or Hausa- I am really interested in what happens to Nigerians. Further, my perspective is 50% academic, I really want an argument why there should be an igbo nation apart from silly sentiments.

Absolutely meaningless. What is your point?
You definitely have no capacity for rational discussion. You just rambled with no apparent coherence.
Sorry, you're still a kid.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by UcheUwadi(m): 2:31am On Mar 24, 2010
Well I did my part and put Igbo on the U.S. Census without forgetting my Black American roots as well. As the saying goes, "I killed two birds with one stone." Nothing wrong for wanted to be counted in the United States. It brings more knowledge about the diversity of the nation.

I think all African ethnic groups in America should fill out their ethnicity on the U.S. census. I know the Caribbean Americans are doing something similar to this. They want to distance themselves from 'regular' Black Americans.

Since most whites in the United States see blacks as one people, this is further from the truth in which there are many layers to the black 'race.'
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by FACE(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

Well I did my part and put Igbo on the U.S. Census without forgetting my Black American roots as well. As the saying goes, "I killed two birds with one stone." Nothing wrong for wanted to be counted in the United States. It brings more knowledge about the diversity of the nation.

I think all African ethnic groups in America should fill out their ethnicity on the U.S. census. I know the Caribbean Americans are doing something similar to this. They want to distance themselves from 'regular' Black Americans.

Since most whites in the United States see blacks as one people, this is further from the truth in which there are many layers to the black 'race.'

Too complex for simple minds, why bother ?
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by FACE(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2010
006:

You definitely have no capacity for rational discussion. You just rambled with no apparent coherence.

What did you think ? You have patience tho. Some posts go straight into my waste basket.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by RichyBlacK(m): 10:32am On Mar 24, 2010
006:

You just discovered what all the grown-ups on NL have know since farback, SEFAGO is just an excited juvenile who enjoys annoying the adults around him, especially the Igbo adults.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by chosen04(f): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

You just discovered what all the grown-ups on NL have know since farback, SEFAGO is just an excited juvenile who enjoys annoying the adults around him, especially the Igbo adults.

He who gives a rat to a child must also be ready to give him water to wash his hands.

In otherwords

He who takes a kid like SEFAGO on a debate must be ready to go the extra mile to bear with his juvenile tenderences, especially on issues concerning the Igbo race.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by ogajim(m): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
Ibos are not black anymore? WOW!
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Lamii: 6:10am On Mar 25, 2010
^^^ You still haven't answered my question.

Why do you Nigerians want the Igbos to remain in Nigeria?

It's your choice (as an ethnic group) to decide whether to leave or not. as far as i'm concerned, you guys are not gone (yet) so you are still part of Nigeria and therefore should be supportive of the country as we are still a nation and divided we fall.
When you decide to leave and are no longer part of naija, then I really could care less!!! that's your problem. even though i feel your country will become a sister country to naija.

better to have two individual strong countries than one perpetually weak mess. now we have the weak mess and that's what i'm against. when countrymen dislike/mistrust each other.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by igboboy1(m): 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
I don fill out my census form, I put IGBO for race, Hope that obele nwata kiri SEFAGO cries,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Have Fallen Apart In Nigeria - Maitama-sule / Nigerians In Foreign Jails: Who Is To Blame? / And Who Said Southeast Is Not Beautiful, You May Want To Have A Rethink-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.