Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,493 members, 7,854,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1050) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4461670 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
andrewza:

Only nigerians doubt it. Funny hey.

RFI France disagreed, Seleka Rebel commander of the battle disagreed, an African national diplomat openly disagreed.

Only South Africans agree among themselves in joint national self deception and ego massaging war propaganda grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
.[size=14pt]

South African special forces and 21 Battalion with air force support fail at home !

Civilian hunters defeat the highly photographed 'Bush War' experts in their homeland bush !

Government to RELOCATE Rhinos into hiding in Zambia !

Defeated by local hunter thieves...

'Famous' Special Forces and 21 Battalion South African army surrender...

To Civilian local Rhino hunters

Jacob Zuma seeks refuge for his Rhinos in Zambia...

Botswana too will become South Africa's new saviour ! [/size]

Pooooooh !! The whole nation, police and military of South Africa has failed to defeat hunters with rifles cutting horns off the heads of your precious Rhinos, so now South Africa has admitted defeat by RELOCATING THE RHINOS out of Kruger Park...Olodos shocked shocked

http://news.wildlife.org/featured/south-africa-to-relocate-hundreds-of-rhinos/

Special Forces, Air force, and 21 Battalion deployed and fail.....Zambian and Botswana armies succeed !

http://www.dod.mil.za/operations/poaching/rhino.htm

PHOTO : FAILED COMBINED FORCES OF SOUTH AFRICA WITH RHINO IN KRUGER PARK shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
dalumoat: To be honest I really don't get why everyone is measuring their cock sizes by saying oh we have the strongest military. If you ask me I would of course say it's the Nigerian army to be honest but at least we can be civil about our arguments without calling each other's terrible names.

These south-africans do not understand what the word "CIVIL" is. The term is alien to them, led by mikeza, patches869, andrewza, and a couple others not worth mentioning.

So we dish it to them, pound to pound. Bumber to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
MikeZA: BH is in gwoza. Soon you'll reports that the "Nigerian army have 'retaken' Gwoza" and deny it was captured. KID!!!!

I cannot deny or claim what is non-existent KID!!!!! it is just not possible.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
andrewza:

Only nigerians doubt it. Funny hey.

Funny, the french who saved your sorry a$$es in bangui doubt it. All the foreign reporters on the ground in C.A.R cannot also confirm this story.

Only south-african news sources, who weren't even on the ground in C.A.R reported those comedic figures, do you guys think this is comedy central?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dalumoat(m): 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Henry120:

Funny, the french who saved your sorry a$$es in bangui doubt it. All the foreign reporters on the ground in C.A.R cannot also confirm this story.

Lol comedy central

Only south-african news sources, who weren't even on the ground in C.A.R reported those comedic figures, do you guys think this is comedy central?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dalumoat(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Boko Haram hunters

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 4:29am On Aug 18, 2014
Henry120:

We are not buying any Apaches or attack helicopters from the U.S. Nigeria can only buy Transport helicopters with defensive weapons or OPV's from the U.S, or any military equipments in this class.

We are all waiting forward for what the government has purchased. We only know that the NAF have received A-29 super Tucanos for CAS.

Nah dude I know that you guys are not planing on buying any Attack Helos from the the U.S I was just wondering that if you're government wished to buy them, would it be possible for them to do so with any problems or objects from anyone in the West?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:30am On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

Seleka rebels touched your beautiful hollywood army and slaughtered 15 to 50 of them, wetin you do? Nothing ? You could not go back there cheesy

15 dead SANDF
400-800 dead Seleka

Yeah sure.

Also we have said that if we are needed we are ready to return

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2014
Henry120:

Your Defence force knows absolutely nothing about COIN. Your own government and military conceded the "government" to the terrorists they were fighting, so tell me who won?

Go look at the border war buddy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:36am On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

[size=13pt]Dude, all you know about military stuff is just what you google today. I look at the far past, near history or records and today, plus the future.

I did not say 105mm guns are NATO standard for tanks, I said they are mostly 105mm guns existing.

I said it and I posted source to prove it, MOST NATO tanks from cold war era till today ever built, have 105mm guns, and the source said it is because 105mm gun was universal in the whole western world in cold war.

Those guns are not thrown away, they are in reserve and still on thousands of NATO reserve tanks. You think NATO is just Britain , France , Germany? LOL, there are 28 countries in NATO !

Even the German Leopard tank has versions built with the 105mm gun, what NATO does is to allow 'SWAP' of 120mm guns on their tanks if they want it anytime.

"The Leopard 2 tank thus initially used perforated armour, and not Chobham armour as is sometimes claimed. PT-14 used the 120 mm Rheinmetall gun (as eventually did the U.S. M1 Abrams). After this, two new prototype hulls and three turrets were ordered, one (PT-20) mounting the original L7A3 105 mm gun and a Hughes fire control system, a second (PT-19) with the same fire control system but able to "swap out" the gun for the 120 mm Rheinmetall design."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2

The largest number of tanks existing in frontline service or storage reserves in 28 countries of NATO have 105mm guns

You remain Patrick, our resident Dumbo Domingo grin grin[/size]

The majority of operational NATO frontline tanks use 120mm.

It's not 1970 anymore, so your sources are irrelevant

The 4 major NATO powers all use 120mm only

Go look at the tanks in service

You cannot dig yourself out of this hole

I must again remind you to think before you post
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:39am On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

Same mistake like the other dude, NATO is 28 different countries, not just 3 Britain, Germany, France.

My first source proved that the whole western world including built more 105mm tanks than 120mm, and thousands in storage.

My second source proved Germany still built Leopard 2 tanks with both 105mm and 120mm guns .

I have posted sources that spoke on the general trend in NATO, you guys just like to argue with truth after you box yourselves into tight corner with a lie grin

You postced sources that said in 1970 and 1980 NATO tanks used 105mm

It's now 2014

slowpoke
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:40am On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

.[size=14pt]

South African special forces and 21 Battalion with air force support fail at home !

Civilian hunters defeat the highly photographed 'Bush War' experts in their homeland bush !

Pooooooh !! The whole nation, police and military of South Africa has failed to defeat hunters with rifles cutting horns off the heads of your precious Rhinos, so now South Africa has admitted defeat by RELOCATING THE RHINOS out of Kruger Park...Olodos shocked shocked

http://news.wildlife.org/featured/south-africa-to-relocate-hundreds-of-rhinos/

Special Forces, Air force, and 21 Battalion deployed and fail.....Zambian and Botswana armies succeed !

PHOTO : FAILED COMBINED FORCES OF SOUTH AFRICA WITH RHINO IN KRUGER PARK shocked shocked

I have already posted sources that show that rhino poaching is on the decrease and that we have prosecuted more poachers that you have boko haram militants

I also love how you equate rhino with Nigerian civilians

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Henry120:

1. The French didn't save us and a actively hindered us
2. There were barely any reporters on the scene and NGOs and Seleka commanders have confirmed that they suffered massive casualties

When a world renouned military analyst and Janes correspond stakes his reputation on something you can bet that it is factual

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:45am On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

Same mistake like the other dude, NATO is 28 different countries, not just 3 Britain, Germany, France.

My first source proved that the whole western world including built more 105mm tanks than 120mm, and thousands in storage.

My second source proved Germany still built Leopard 2 tanks with both 105mm and 120mm guns .

I have posted sources that spoke on the general trend in NATO, you guys just like to argue with truth after you box yourselves into tight corner with a lie grin
Yes,NATO has 28 member states. But ever heard about the term "NATO standard" member country armed forces equipment,is required to meet certain "rules" from calibre,artillery range to communications. With that said NATO Main Battle Tanks carry a 120 smooth bore gun.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:47am On Aug 18, 2014
Henry120:

I cannot deny or claim what is non-existent KID!!!!! it is just not possible.
BH is holding Gwoza!!! Prove me wrong. LOL

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Henry120:

Seleka's advance was stopped. Seleka Colonel Djourma Narkoyo claimed on that Friday around 2:30pm that they were at the "gates of bangui",they were harassed by the small SANDF force until saturday. When they called for a ceasefire. He even claimed South Africa flew a helicopter over their position.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:05am On Aug 18, 2014
dalumoat: Boko Haram hunters
Hunters? Tell this so called "hunters" that Gwoza is home to their prey. "We know Leopards eat meat and are hilariously good at hunting it. But you'll never see a Leopard hunting a Buffalo"#outclassed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:13am On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

.[size=14pt]

http://news.wildlife.org/GHfeatured/south-africa-to-relocate-hundreds-of-rhinos/

HOW MANY TIMES DID YOUR RAG TAG SPECIAL FORCES FAIL TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS OF NIGERIA AGAINST BOKO HARAM? BWAHAHAHAHAHHH!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:15am On Aug 18, 2014
Did I say the SADF did not fight in flat brush land? No. The SADF fough in a wide range of terrians and our AFV performed well.

The south african goverment is serrous about conservastion. That is why we conducting anti poaching patrols, relocating rhinos, puting pressuer on veitnam and china, conducting crimnal invisgastions and trying to regulate the trade.

Ok aguby what is the primary tank of NATO. The LEO2, M1A2, Chalnger, lecler. The bulk of NATOs tank force is those 4 tanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Many Nairas are posting irrelevant information that has been discredited many times through factual pin point accuracy of facts. The repition of the story is discredited especially regarding the CAR Matter.....South Africa has advance data collection processses and if more than 15 soldiers were killed in Bangui, the free press in South Africa could have reported about.

Its very difficult in an open society such as South Africa to hide information and for that matter families of hidden death could have come in the open and disclose...@AUGUSTUS provide accurate source about the real number and stop qouting a rebel commander who will never admit to their actuall number of death....even your Bosses France has acknowledge the proweness of the South African soldiers in that when remains of fallen heroes were flown back, they paid respect by providing a guard of honour.

On such matters of comparison is one sided, Nigeria has never fought an actual conventional warfare, hence when BH came to the fore, panick struck the security forces and where scattering around like headless chicken.....Rhinos are atlest being contested with poachers and its unlike a contest for number of casualties sustained by civillians who are left at the mercy of ruthless terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2014
SANDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:17am On Aug 18, 2014
[size=19pt]Lieutenant Colonel Agu deserves an award from president Jonathan for being the worst coward on earth for commanding his troops into an embarrassing defeat. he has a defeat title under his belt.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2014
The South African Army will soon start receiving its new Badger infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs) but it is also seeking to replace its trucks and armoured vehicles while modernising some of its equipment, such as assault rifles.

“We have made efforts to acquire new equipment form our defence industries and revamp old ones in order to keep our force fit for purpose. The badger Infantry Fighting Vehicle will add new life to our infantry, with manufacturing starting in the 2015/16 financial year,” South African Army Chief Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo told journalists at the annual Army breakfast on Thursday.

“The SA Army has streamlined projects aimed at addressing the issue of ageing hardware. The SA Army Air Defence Artillery’s very short-range air defence (VSHORAD) Starstreak missile is one of the many pieces of equipment that our projects are yielding and is currently being used by the ADA [Air Defence Artillery] corps as we speak.”

Masondo said that work is underway on R4 upgrades for the Army as part of the African Warrior programme, but other equipment has also been upgraded including the Rooikat armoured vehicle, Olifant main battle tank and SS-77 7.62 mm machinegun.

“The SA Artillery Corps is also doing work on its G6 gun. With all these projects aimed at the renewal of our force, we are also trying to expand our footproint in terms of operations that we get involved in domestically and on the African continent in pursuance of continental and regional security.”
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35866:army-seeking-to-renew-equipment&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:25am On Aug 18, 2014
@AUGUSTUS PICTURES SHOWN OF SOUTH AFRICAN SPECIAL FORCES MEMBERS BEING AWARDED FOR ACTS OF BRAVERY AND HEROISM IN THEATRE OF BATTLE IN CAR AND YOU COMPLAIN THAT THEY HAVE AGED BUT AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER AND RECCES PROVED THEMSELVES AND YET IN NIGERIA MORE THAN 100 ARE CHARGED FOR ACTS OF COWARDICE IN FACE OF BATTLE IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.....WHAT AN EMBARRASMENT?

They may have aged but experiance of more than 30 years speak volumes about recces

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:30am On Aug 18, 2014
Msauza: [size=19pt]Lieutenant Colonel Agu deserves an award from president Jonathan for being the worst coward on earth for commanding his troops into an embarrassing defeat. he has a defeat title under his belt.[/size]
#ArrestLietenantColonelAgu

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Nigerias attempts to contain Ebola have failed - a Nigerian woman flying from Nigeria to India collapsed on her flight and died in the UAE

This suggests that the Nigerian containment has failed, and that Ebola is now spreading amongst the civilian population
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2014
@AUGUSTUS WHAT A SHAME REGARDING THE STATE OF NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES AND WHY?

http://www.nigeriannewsportal.com/photos-of-poor-infrastructures-in-nigerian-universities/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
patches689:

The majority of operational NATO frontline tanks use 120mm.

It's not 1970 anymore, so your sources are irrelevant

The 4 major NATO powers all use 120mm only

Go look at the tanks in service

You cannot dig yourself out of this hole

I must again remind you to think before you post

I have posted 3 sources 3 weblinks, you posted NO SOURCE, you are the one stuck in a hole.

The argument was never about frontline tanks, but rather how many tanks they have with 105mm guns.

I am the one who educated you further that NATO has both frontline tanks and reserve/storage tanks, you did not know that before.

Show us source that says in NATO, 120mm tank gun is a standard , a rule all 28 NATO countries must follow.

I just proved to you with a shocking source that even the modern Leopard II tanks have 105mm gun versions.

Show us a source that says majority, over 50% of tanks built and existing in armoury of all NATO 28 countries have 120mm guns.

You will need to personally enter all 28 NATO armies armoury and destroy all their 105mm gun tanks for you to win this argument.

Alas ! You cannot rewrite NATO's manufacturing records.

If you have no source, then you have to eat the next round of humble pie, this time I give you oven fresh baked...humble pie ! grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

I have posted 3 sources 3 weblinks, you posted NO SOURCE, you are the one stuck in a hole.

The argument was never about frontline tanks, but rather how many tanks they have with 105mm guns.

I am the one who educated you further that NATO has both frontline tanks and reserve/storage tanks, you did not know that before.

Show us source that says in NATO, 120mm tank gun is a standard , a rule all 28 NATO countries must follow.

I just proved to you with a shocking source that even the modern Leopard II tanks have 105mm gun versions.

Show us a source that says majority, over 50% of tanks built and existing in armoury of all NATO 28 countries have 120mm guns.

If you have no source, then you have to eat the next round of humble pie, this time I give you oven fresh baked...humble pie ! grin grin

The Royal Ordnance L11A5 is a 120 mm L/55 rifled tank gun design. It was the first of NATO's 120mm tank guns which became the standard calibre for Western tanks in the later period of the Cold War. A total of 3,012 L11 guns were produced at a reported unit cost of US $227,000.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Ordnance_L11A5

Its like you have a fetish for humiliating yourself on the internet

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
agaugust:

You will need to personally enter all 28 NATO armies armoury and destroy all their 105mm gun tanks for you to win this argument.

Alas ! You cannot rewrite NATO's manufacturing records.

They made the decision around 1976
http://library.rumsfeld.com/doclib/sp/4308/1976-07-12%20Meeting%20with%20UK%20Ambassador%20Ramsbotham%20.pdf

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
patches689:

The Royal Ordnance L11A5 is a 120 mm L/55 rifled tank gun design. It was the first of NATO's 120mm tank guns which became the standard calibre for Western tanks in the later period of the Cold War. A total of 3,012 L11 guns were produced at a reported unit cost of US $227,000.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Ordnance_L11A5

Its like you have a fetish for humiliating yourself on the internet

Standard, Poooooh !

Do you read my post well? Do you know English language? I said is it NATO standard rule that all 28 member must follow?

Most NATO members dumped that your 'standard'...why is Germany building modern Leopard II tanks with 105mm guns against the 'standards'?

Greece has today 2014, about 900 tanks with 105mm guns, but only about 400 tanks with 120mm guns. Greece, one of NATO's biggest armies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Hellenic_Army#Main_Battle_Tanks

Don't make me post the thousands of 105mm gun tanks still in service with NATO's giant army of Turkey in 2014

Add up all 28 NATO countries tanks and over 50% as majority are 105mm guns.

You cannot rewrite NATO production records of tanks, they have been manufactured already...You are a permanent Retaard grin grin

PHOTO : ARMY OF GREECE IN NATO....TOTALS 900 TANKS WITH 105MM GUN, 400 TANKS WITH 120MM GUNS

(1) (2) (3) ... (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.