Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4429565 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
patriot4:
I saw no mention of that in defenceweb.

I have not seen any mention on any reputable source of:

- Tucanos
- T72's
- Su-30's
- JF-17's

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Nope.

Its just rumors.

Show us reports from respected sources

or

Show us said vehicals in service with the Nigerian army

Actually it is not rumours, it came out on the news in ukraine (the guys making the T84 oplots). And sorry but you are going to have to use google on your own.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

A mixed role helicopter

It can carry troops

Hence, it is too big

Hence, it lacks maneuverability

Hence, it is sh1t at low level hovering and has to attack targets like a fixed wing aircraft

Hence, it is not dedicated to the attack role

Lets not even mention the fact that it carries less munitions than the Rooivalk, and in general has poor performance standards

[size=16pt]

Most airforces in this world don't want a single role attack only dedicated helicopter like Rooicalk, and those air forces are more powerful than South African airforce. Mighty Ethiopian and Braziliian air forces are some of them, they fly only multi-role combat helicopters combining attack with transport like Mi-35 Hind. However, during attack mission most Hinds do not carry troops, they operate in attack mode only.

Mi-35M of Nigeria carries 2,500 kg of weapons, Rooivalk of SAAF carries only 1,500 kg of weapons.

Also the Mi-35M carries guided bombs, bigger 30mm gun, and 20km range rockets....All those are missing on your inferior Rooivalks.

Nigeria has Africa's most powerful combat helicopter fleet today !

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

A mixed role helicopter

It can carry troops

Hence, it is too big

Hence, it is sh1t at low level hovering and has to attack targets like a fixed wing aircraft

Lets not even mention the fact that it carries less munitions than the Rooivalk, and in general has poor performance standards
I think you need to open your mind. There is no chance in hell that your Rooivalk could even be compared to the MI35M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw8hFxXt1Mw
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Nigerian army 155mm heavy artillery will wipe out all your army's Igwe launchers from long range.

Our artillery outranges yours so we will smash it before it can hit our ATGM teams

Meanwhile 300 Roland missiles wait to feast on the whole South African air force of Mokopas

Mokopa outranges it

Gripen and Hawk can fly over it

Thanks for playing, but you have been relegated to the lower leagues.

What's the Turret of the IFV? I mean it's armaments.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
patriot4: I can assure you that the Nigerian navy is a bluewater navy.

The South-African is not to be reasoned with, the only language a south-african understands is a sledge hammer and a 24 inches nail straight to the skull.

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Nigeria does not own a single dedicated attack helo

It is still 40 more than your 10 Half-French helicopters.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Are multiple sources not proof enough for you?

Can you only understand picture books?

You do know you haven't provided a single source.

According to you, Pictures say more than a thousand words.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
AugustineAgain:

[size=16pt]

Most airforces in this world don't want a single role attack only dedicated helicopter like Rooicalk, and those air forces are more powerful than South African airforce. Mighty Ethiopian and Braziliian air forces are some of them, they fly only multi-role combat helicopters combining attack with transport like Mi-35 Hind. However, during attack mission most Hinds do not carry troops, they operate in attack mode only.

Mi-35M of Nigeria carries 2,500 kg of weapons, Rooivalk of SAAF carries only 1,500 kg of weapons.

Also the Mi-35M carries guided bombs, bigger 30mm gun, and 20km range rockets....All those are missing on your inferior Rooivalks.

Nigeria has Africa's most powerful combat helicopter fleet today !

[/size]

1. First world militarys want dedicated attack helos
2. Rooivalk carries 2000kg of weapons, hind much less
3. Rooivalk has the finest ATGM's in the world, and Nigeria has none of those weapons

Again, provide citations that the Hind is better

And the Hind is oboslete trash, the only reason people buy it is because it is cheap

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Henry120 cant read very well

He only understands pictures

Dummy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
Henry120:

It is still 40 more than your 10 Half-French helicopters.

Half french half south african

And more is not better.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Henry120:

You do know you haven't provided a single source.

According to you, Pictures say more than a thousand words.

I have posted them multiple times.

I know you have seen them.

You are simply to childish to face up to the facts of the matter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Henry120:

What's the Turret of the IFV? I mean it's armaments.

Which one?

Ingwe ATGM and 60mm mortar variant were unveiled at AAD2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Says the guy who, when confronted with multiple sources, denies the story?

LOL

Exactly the same as when BH started capturing towns - you wanted pictures. Not sources.

I did not deny any story, I wanted actionable proof.

Besides, your adversary can also be a source, it however doesn't mean the information provided is accurate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Which one?

Ingwe ATGM and 60mm mortar variant were unveiled at AAD2014

Yeah, the second photo. I guess it's the Ingwe ATGM.

Basic models carry a 25mm cannon?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

I have posted them multiple times.

I know you have seen them.

You are simply to childish to face up to the facts of the matter.

Oh no, you did not. You pasted pictures of U.S marines in Iraq, French troops in the CAR and a link from a hungry blogger.

There were no facts to face up to in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Nigerian army 155mm heavy artillery will wipe out all your army's Igwe launchers from long range.

Our artillery outranges yours so we will smash it before it can hit our ATGM teams

Also, you cannot hit moving targets

Nigerian air defenses will sh.oot down all your Rooivalk and Hawks with ease.

Rooivalk can engage with Mokopa from 10km out - completely out of range of the Roland

Hawks can fly over the Roland and engage with JDAM's

Nigerian army tanks will then move in to Mass R.ape your SANDF in broad day light !

One attack by Rooivalk will leave 160 dead tanks on the battle-feild. And that is excluding Milan teams as well as Ratel Zt-3 teams

Use of our data-link means that artillery can engage moving targets.

T-72's can be killed by standard RPG 7's with HEAT rounds. Its pathetic

Forgot to remind you your half information on Shilka air defense guns maximum 'k.ill zone area range' is 7km !

Effective range is less than half-that. So they can engage at 7km... but they wont hit anything grin

Meanwhile 300 Roland missiles wait to feast on the whole South African air force of Mokopas

Mokopa outranges it

Gripen and Hawk can fly over it

Thanks for playing, but you have been relegated to the lower leagues. ]

[b]
1. Where will Nigeria's 660 artillery guns be when you fire your own 120 artillery?

Your best artillery range is 39km, ours is 40km.

2. Palmaria has direct fire high power target magnification optical sights and the gun range is 24 km, ALL your Tanks, MRAPS, and IFV with Ingwe have range of 2.5km guns and 5km missiles, so we k.ill you from 24 km away !

3. Where will Nigeria's current 30 combat helicopters be when you fly your 10 Rooivalks ?

4. Where will Nigeria's Alpha jets, MBB 339 jets, L-39 jets and F-7 jets be when you fly your Gripen jet and Hawk jets ?

5. Nigerian T-72 and T-84 tanks have self defence laser jammers so ALL South African laser guided Gripen and Hawk bombs plus Rooivalk Mokopa missiles will be TOTALY RENDERED USELESS.

6. Nigerian ISTAR 330km range radar spy aircraft plus spy satellites that see through clouds have TOTAL spy/intelligence/enemy detection/battlefield observation/recce/surveillance SUPERIORITY over South Africa.

We will locate and target and d.estroy everything you have.

.....You lose South Africa, you lose finally !!

. [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Half french half south african

And more is not better.

According to you, you have all the money in the world, why could you only afford 10?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

They were bought to go straight into reserve

We had no intention of operating them.

Unlike your worn out Hamilton Class customs boats grin

Where the 2 donated former U.S airforce C-130's also sent straight into reserves, with no intention of flying them?

My problem with you is, your constant telling of lies. undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
GreenandGold:

Get out of that place before a building collapses on you.

He's more likely to get murdered in the streets of South-Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Henry120:

Yeah, the second photo. I guess it's the Ingwe ATGM.

Basic models carry a 25mm cannon?

30 odd mm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Henry120:

According to you, you have all the money in the world, why could you only afford 10?

We only need 10
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Hostermipo(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

Nope.

Its just rumors.

Show us reports from respected sources

or

Show us said vehicals in service with the Nigerian army

http://adadike..nl/2014/09/nigeria-acquires-two-sophisticated-t-84.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

1. First world militarys want dedicated attack helos
2. Rooivalk carries 2000kg of weapons, hind much less
3. Rooivalk has the finest ATGM's in the world, and Nigeria has none of those weapons

Again, provide citations that the Hind is better

And the Hind is oboslete trash, the only reason people buy it is because it is cheap

[size=14pt] Post clear source of Rooivalk weapons payload kilograms and weapon option types....I will reply with Mi-35M superiority and we settle this argument forever....it will be Epic !

I challenge EVERY South African on Rooivalk Vs Mi-35M Hind E !
. [/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

A mixed role helicopter

It can carry troops

Hence, it is too big

Telling lies Again

You have a pathetic little Airforce, you cannot even afford common aviation fuel for your Fixed and Rotary wing assets.

The MI-35M is one of the world's most advanced attack helicopters, 90% of all Air forces including the Russians, Chinese, Brazilians and Indians Fly Multi-role attack helicopters.

related******,( we seen the F-22 and Eurofighter Typhoon programs close or orders fall because those jets are primarily Air-superiority fighters respectively, while orders for the F-35 and Rafale rise.) The essence is, those talk of dedicated bla bla bla, don't sell.

The MI-35M carries 2500KG of bombs, up to 80 S8 Rockets and 2 powerful 30mm Cannons. It is an all weather, Hot or Cold, High or low, Day and Night attack helicopter, which can also carry 8 S.F troops.

Try something else.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
patches689:

We only need 10

Lies, your Airforce requires 24.

By that same vein, we only need 40.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
AugustineAgain:

[size=14pt] Post clear source of Rooivalk weapons payload kilograms and weapon option types....I will reply with Mi-35M superiority and we settle this argument forever....it will be Epic !

I challenge EVERY South African on Rooivalk Vs Mi-35M Hind E !
. [/size]

They won't accept.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
agaugust:

The SAN Valour frigate that visited Lagos last time, did it have permission or it was on independent patrol and entered Nigerian navy base.....#Self Trap grin

Keep dreaming dreamer.

Hopefully one day you'll wake up to unfortunately find saffers building a naval base in your back yard.

ON THE MOVE!!!! UP!!! WE GO!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
agaugust:

Show us proof of sea search radar on your submarine and tell us it's search range, I know of it's I-band radar, show us it's for sea search...Andrewza claimed it was for detecting enemy aircraft
No need,as Nigeria has totally nothing to counter.

Surface search!!! It can also do that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt] Navy warships don't fire missiles on pirated ships dummy, you are to rescue and save the pirated ship, not to destroy it with missile!

You just proved South Africa has ZERO experience in naval anti-piracy warfare !

Nigeria will be your teacher as usual !
[/size]
Nigerian sailors aren't comfortable with their weapons.

NO REAL NAVAL STUFF!!!!

Anti-piracy? just wait until we are chasing pirates a stone throw away from Nigeria grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
pathetic south @fricans

(1) (2) (3) ... (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.