Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,431 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464435 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

Every news that does not favour South Africa, you blame it on your country's white-men negative reporting, are they no longer a part of your 'UNITED' rainbow nation where all colours and skin types 'LOVE' each other like soulmates?

Dumbo, the fool was saying that he doesn't take seriously that White men's quiz, yet he does the WEF ranking which probably surveyed white men (not that there's any problem with that)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

What percentage of our oil and gas fields will you have license for? Tiny 1% or less. Insignificant.

Dangote is buying up South Africa big time, 64% of your cement industry, we own you and your houses grin grin

http://www.proshareng.com/news/singleNews.php?id=12421

Bwahahaha,
That's 64% of a single company, with less than 10% share of the cement industry.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 17, 2014
ThaVluit:

The below is what they are.

They work, we squeeze the juice out.

We own them... grin grin grin

See the daily whinging from them about us in the politics section. we own them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Back to military discussion ..
Nigerian soldiers charged with mutiny over Boko Haram

Fifty-nine soldiers are being court-martialled in Nigeria after being accused of refusing to fight militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

http://bbc.com/news/world-africa-29651189

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:14am On Oct 17, 2014
vdGeist:

Fifty-nine soldiers are being court-martialled in Nigeria after being accused of refusing to fight militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

Mark of high level discipline in Nigerian army, 59 troops will be PUNISHED for breaking the code of Nigerian battle bravery in the face of death. 59 out of 150,000 soldiers is an insignificant but we will still punish them, we Naijas don't accept nonsense in our military.

The whole 50,000 South African army refused to go back and fight Seleka rebels, the SANDF gave some of them medals for cowardice.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Nigerian military martial arts

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:28am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:
[size=16pt]MTN must have called Jacob Zuma to stop his foolishness and bow to Nigeria.

We the Naijas kick Saffers azzes all the time, remember the yellow fever immigration diplomatic row, South African nation ALWAYS have to come back apologizing to Nigeria, they always have to say sorry to their senior brother the African giant

shocked tongue grin cheesy [/size]

You do know that every arms transaction has to be passed through parliament?

If we really wanted to block the transfer we would do that there.

This was simply about humiliating Nigeria - which we done

We dont need the money cool

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:30am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

Oh ! You now change story ? You guys said our money was for your christmas shopping....LOL

Now we laugh last as Nigeria humiliates South Africa again, just like the Yellow Fever Immigration saga, SA always bows to Naija shocked shocked

We have allready humiliated you

Our seizure of your funds made international news

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:38am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

Mark of high level discipline in Nigerian army, 59 troops will be PUNISHED for breaking the code of Nigerian battle bravery in the face of death. 59 out of 150,000 soldiers is an insignificant but we will still punish them, we Naijas don't accept nonsense in our military.

The whole 50,000 South African army refused to go back and fight Seleka rebels, the SANDF gave some of them medals for cowardice.

The numbers are slowly adding up

How many last time? 59 this time, how many next time?

And again, I challenge you to show us where we refused to fight seleka.

An entire battalion of men, grippen, rooivalk, oryx were deployed for the counter attack, but the regional powers would not allow us.

These are the facts.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:39am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian military martial arts

I dont think I need to comment on how silly this is.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 17, 2014
New African Military Profile: Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe’s military has been badly affected by Western sanctions that have been in place for the last 13 years – the chief of the Air Force recently said his equipment had been degraded by a lack of spares as a result.

Zimbabwe has consequently turned East, receiving significant military support from China, which has supplied hardware like K-8 jets and provided $98 million to fund the construction of the National Defence College, which was completed in 2013
Click here to read more about the Zimbabwe Defence Forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

SANDF IS VERY WELL DISCIPLINED AND THEY HAVE NEVER REJECTED A CALL TO GO BACK TO CAR. THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE OBSTRUCTED THEM TO REMAIN IN CAR. THEIR WISH WAS TO FIGHT SELEKA AND UNFORTUNATELY THEY HAVE TO TAKE ORDERS FROM ABOVE, MOST OF ALL THE PARLIAMENT.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2014
vdGeist:

We own them... grin grin grin

See the daily whinging from them about us in the politics section. we own them
Fool, how many of them are listed in the NSE, Dumby, Keep shouting Oando is busy buying up your oil asset.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:00am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

What percentage of our oil and gas fields will you have license for? Tiny 1% or less. Insignificant.

Dangote is buying up South Africa big time, 64% of your cement industry, we own you and your houses grin grin

http://www.proshareng.com/news/singleNews.php?id=12421

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! What a joke!!!

People tell me if there is anyone here who had ever seen cement with a brand of sephaku?

@agaugust, SA is not Nigeria where you only find Dangote cements. Here we do not have a monopololy when it comes to cement industry like in Nigeria where Dangote is only having the show alone. In SA, he is going to compete with variety of brands which will put him where he belongs. I don't think his move will pay off in SA, instead he should have invested in somewhere else since the cement industry of SA is advanced and nowhere near to those of other African countries. Sephaku only wanted to use him as a cash cow to escape tough competition in SA. Dangote must not run after SA, they will suck him dry.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:14am On Oct 17, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]Ah ! Chineke God o ! Okoko-Bioko grin grin

.[/size]
what we are actually doing in nairaland is educating these black southies. They came here feeling fly without having a clue about their country and how it is perceived around the world.

You hit them with a bad-azz post and they scream for the source or the website.
I wouldn't really blame them, prior to '94 they were not allowed in schools in their own land. so they assume life began when they were asked to join the rest of civilizations in '94
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2014
lezz:
what we are actually doing in nairaland is educating these black southies. They came here feeling fly without having a clue about their country and how it is perceived around the world.

You hit them with a bad-azz post and they scream for the source or the website.
I wouldn't really blame them, prior to '94 they were not allowed in schools in their own land. so they assume life began when they were asked to join the rest of civilizations in '94
harsh

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2014
Msauza:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! What a joke!!!

People tell me if there is anyone here who had ever seen cement with a brand of sephaku?

@agaugust, SA is not Nigeria where you only find Dangote cements. Here we do not have a monopololy when it comes to cement industry like in Nigeria where Dangote is only having the show alone. In SA, he is going to compete with variety of brands which will put him where he belongs. I don't think his move will pay off in SA, instead he should have invested in somewhere else since the cement industry of SA is advanced and nowhere near to those of other African countries. Sephaku only wanted to use him as a cash cow to escape tough competition in SA. Dangote must not run after SA, they will suck him dry.
he is the richest man in africa. And companies in southafrica are having a hell of a hard time. The economy is shrinking, stagnant at best. If dangote is bringing in hard flow of cash, then he is going to have a field day. Larfage(spell check) is trying to compete with dangote by pulling its assets in nigeria and southafrica. Your cement boys know dangote is a monster.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2014
overhypedsteve:
who is this person? Why have you chosen to remain daft despite all my efforts. We have various kinds of history, we have cultural history, we have political history, we have religious history et al, now my good southafrican friend it would be a misnomer for a university course to be called international relations and students of this field of study are subjected to study something outside its curriculum, a student of international relation can be made to study the political history of the south Africans with no reference to their obsession with head nodding or any such detestable activity that this primitive people engaged in before they where liberated by the DEIC ( dutch east Indian company) followed by the British colonial administrators, we still spend hours most days arguing on why the sans,bantu and khoikhoi people did not form a common front to push the invading whites out of their land in 1652, how is it that the sans,bantu and khoikhoi had a common enemy ( the invading whites) and a common interest ( the protection of grazing lands for the khoikhoi, the protection of hunting grounds for the san and the protection of fertile lands for the bantu from the white bughers) they still could not come together to form a united front against the whites that where coming to the cape of goodhope in trickles, the coastal dwelling khoikhoi instead of forming any form of resistance decided to move further inland into San hunting territory and then the two mumu black uncivilized groups instead of facing the real threat ( the white men) they started fighting among themselves for the little territory left for them. As for the bantu people they actually thought the madness would not get to them but the great trek led to the overthrow of bantu territory by the Boers which led to the creation of the orange free state. my dear south Africans your history is too sad to recall, i just hate any work on southafrican history because the history of southafrica is like an insult to every African, southafrica emerged when several uncivilized bushmen could not form a united force to fight back imperialism, southafrica is the weakest precolonial African society forget shaka the zulu during the period when shaka was making his so called inventions in military technology ( asegai, barefooted soldiering, light shield etc ) precolonial societies in west Africa like ashante(ghana) and oyo (nigeria) malian empire ( Mali) were already buying guns from the British people, yes the same British colonial masters that signed the bloemfontein convention and sandriver convention with the boers promising not to sell firearms and ammunition to the blacks south Africans. My friend i can sit you down for hours and lecture you on your political history( i don't care about your culture its not my field) i can sit you down and allow you to bask in the atmosphere of my intellectual competence.

I told you that Nigerian universities are of a low standard when it comes to the quality of teaching. Most universities in SA offer African History as one of the module which make up a course in international relation and diplomacy. African history is a module which also is studied by many students doing social studies and humanities. What kind of international relation and diplomacy graduate will you be if you do not know the history and cultures of the people in your continent, especially of countries which seem to be on the edge in Africa. My friend, I advice you to abandon your Nigeria based studies and rather study that course somewhere else, since Nigeria itself has never been an expect in that field. Thank you!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2014
lezz:
he is the richest man in africa. And companies in southafrica are having a hell of a hard time. The economy is shrinking, stagnant at best. If dangote is bringing in hard flow of cash, then he is going to have a field day. Larfage(spell check) is trying to compete with dangote by pulling its assets in nigeria and southafrica. Your cement boys know dangote is a monster.

What are you talking about?

Cement is a nothing company, Dangote is not even a top 50 in Africa (we have over 20 in Africa's top 50 - Nigeria has 1 (and its a South African subsidiary)

Our economy is doing just fine. Our companies are doing very well indeed - the JSE hit record highs just a few months ago.

We are the biggest receivers of FDI in Africa

As usual, you are either simply telling lies or you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

As usual, you come here with no facts or citations. Only empty words. I can provide citations for all of the above if you wish to see them.

Your conduct is a sign of a lack of a tertiary education.

We have the most diversified and advanced economy in Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2014
lezz:

No, he is not the richest. He is merely the monopoly capitalist of Nigeria. He is reigning and having the show alone in Nigeria. The whole of Nigeria is dancing after his tunes and he only gives reasonably small amount back to the community. What else can you expect from an orthodox Muslim who is called Alhaji. He is a monster in Nigeria and not in SA where you find variety of cement brands.

List of SA cement manufactures yet is not exhaustive.

http://www.yellowpagesofafrica.com/companies/south-africa/cement-factories/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2014
ThaVluit:

Dude, intellectually, you're very boring.

If anyone wanted to read a book, we'd do just that. We wouldn't come to Nairaland. You write long tiresome posts because your thoughts are not organised.

Why don't you stop wasting our time and go chat to this Naija woman?

https://twitter.com/misswendyo/status/522550801542037504

And he actually did chat with her, what a freak
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2014
Patchesagain:

What are you talking about?

Cement is a nothing company, Dangote is not even a top 50 in Africa (we have over 20 in Africa's top 50 - Nigeria has 1 (and its a South African subsidiary)

Our economy is doing just fine. Our companies are doing very well indeed - the JSE hit record highs just a few months ago.

We are the biggest receivers of FDI in Africa

As usual, you are either simply telling lies or you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

As usual, you come here with no facts or citations. Only empty words. I can provide citations for all of the above if you wish to see them.

Your conduct is a sign of a lack of a tertiary education.

We have the most diversified and advanced economy in Africa
how i love to murder you. Because you won't accept truth for truth's sake. Now read this and die.

The starkest measure of South Africa’s failure is
the yawning gap between rich and poor. Under
apartheid, such inequality was by design. Since
apartheid came to an end, a tiny black elite has
accrued great fortunes. But that has only widened
the wealth gap. South Africa’s Gini coefficient— the best-known measure of inequality, in which 0
is the most equal and 1 the least—was 0.63 in
2009. In 1993 it was 0.59. After 18 years of full
democracy, South Africa is one of the most
unequal countries in the world. Unchartered territory Persistent inequality is in part down to the
government’s failure to educate young South
Africans, particularly black ones. In the World
Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report,
South Africa ranks 132nd out of 144 countries for
its primary education and 143rd for the quality of its science and maths. In the Department of Basic
Education’s national literacy and numeracy tests
last year, only 15% of 12-year-olds (sixth graders)
scored at or above the minimum proficiency on
the language test. In maths just 12% did. Nokubonga Ralayo, a 20-year-old university
student from Khayelitsha, a vast black township
on the edge of Cape Town, says success comes
down to being able to afford a better school. “It is
hard to escape your background when you are
growing up,” she says. Three-quarters of white pupils complete the final year of high school, but
only a third of black pupils. Schools suffer from poor equipment. Only 20%
have libraries, and only 7.5% actually have any
books. Almost half of all schools rely on pit
latrines instead of proper toilets. In July textbooks
that pupils should have received in January were
found tossed into rivers in an effort to hide the failure to deliver them. The standard of teaching is low, too. Training is
inadequate. South Africa needs 25,000 new
teachers a year but only around 10,000 qualify.
Maths and science teachers are in particularly
short supply. Many arrive late to school and leave
early, spending barely half their allotted time in class. Many fail to turn up at all on Fridays. The
teachers’ union is more concerned with
protecting its members, even the incompetent
ones, than with training them. There is little
political will when it comes to improving
education and few repercussions when those in charge perform badly

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 17, 2014
the content of your 6 pages essay is laughable,you keep on emphasizing how unequal SA is,mate there is no equal society on this planet,Nigeria is also one of the most unequal societies unfortunately your situation differs with SA because race is been used as a culprit...The most important ingredient that can clearly show a good picture of inequality within a country is to measure gaps between rich and poor...compare the two countries (SA vs Nigeria)

lezz:
how i love to murder you. Because you won't accept truth for truth's sake. Now read this and die.

the wealth gap. South Africa’s Gini coefficient— the best-known measure of inequality, in which 0
unequal countries in the world. Unchartered territory Persistent inequality is in part down to the
its primary education and 143rd for the quality of its science and maths. In the Department of Basic
the language test. In maths just 12% did. Nokubonga Ralayo, a 20-year-old university
growing up,” she says. Three-quarters of white pupils complete the final year of high school, but
found tossed into rivers in an effort to hide the failure to deliver them. The standard of teaching is low, too. Training is
early, spending barely half their allotted time in class. Many fail to turn up at all on Fridays. The
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2014
lezz:

The person who wrote this article is just as blind as the rest of you (Nigerians). Firstly, he brings in a half baked WEF report which he never researched to see if it is scientific or not. Both reports were politically inspired by some certain group of unknown business people who thought that their opinions could represent SA education system. Some, if not most of his findings are grossly flawed and it was definitely not difficult for anyone to see that the author was not as objective and impartial as critical writers should be. From the first sentences he was already compromised and did not resist manipulation of reports which were not meticulously analysed and evaluated. Thus, the writer of this article is not at all a critical thinker and needs skills in the field of, inter alia;
-being honest with himself/herself
-resist manipulation
-asking questions
-taking time in producing his ideas
-basing his judgements on thoroughly researched scientific evidence
-being intellectually independent, and
-acknowledging complexity

Moreover, the writer could not compare SA from what it is today to that of apartheid era. Further, he could not compare it to the rest of Africa to see how does it fit in comparison with other African countries especially Nigeria. Their measure will always be America and UK.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Patchesagain:

We have allready humiliated you

Our seizure of your funds made international news

southafricans and logic can never mix. Like water and oil.

It would have been better it was never ceased than to cease it and later release it after a threat. Mind you it was an agency that ceased it and when it went diplomatic involving both government, Nigeria prevailed again.

I am getting tired of this illogical,dry and tactless comments from half-baked southies. Feeling the need to stay away.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 8:21am On Oct 17, 2014
lezz:
i will tell you what it is son, twice we have broken your laws in your own country and your government buckled and stooped like a frightened dog.
You remember the yellow fiver vaccine mess. Some of our citizens came to your country with unoriginal vaccine document. You sent them back, which is the right and lawful thing to do. We reciprocated and your government issued a public appology. You are my boy. Vluit or whatever tongue-twisting name you choose to call yourself.

Again we broke your money laws, brought in all kinds of raw undocumented cash into your country and your president is scurrying to return it back after being given a subtle, veiled threat. Your ambassador is calling Nigerian a big ally.lol but we aren't really alies, we are showing you how to self-rule. Something you just started learning in 1994. Now who owns who? Who controls who? Olodo, Kleinfontein.

Dude, you live in Nigeria a country its citizens love to leave.

You cannot tell us sh8t, you come to South Africa looking for bread and pap to eat......come cut my hair you Naija boy...... that's what you are good for.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 8:25am On Oct 17, 2014
vdGeist:

Bwahahaha,
That's 64% of a single company, with less than 10% share of the cement industry.

I have never even heard of that company. I have never seen their cement and I mean I visit the hardware shops frequently.

They should come talk when they have acquired Larfage and AfriSam, those are real cement companies.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2014
vdGeist:

Cowards as usual... cowards forever.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2014
ActivateKruger:

I have never even heard of that company. I have never seen their cement and I mean I visit the hardware shops frequently.

They should come talk when they have acquired Larfage and AfriSam, those are real cement companies.

What about PPC?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Dude, you live in Nigeria a country its citizens love to leave.

You cannot tell us sh8t, you come to South Africa looking for bread and pap to eat......come cut my hair you Naija boy...... that's what you are good for.
there are two types of nigerians in SA. One are those who work where your uneducated, lousy blacks aren't qualified to work.

The other one are the ones who supply you drugs to give you guys a high which makes you oblivious of the fact that your country is decaying fastly under the ANC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2014
ActivateKruger:

It's a small struggling company that's not worth a second glance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2014
lezz:
there are two types of nigerians in SA. One are those who work where your uneducated,

Picture of the said Nigerians.

Famed and mythical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.