Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,280 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464277 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: snydergp you have to accept it that SA cannot mount a blocade on our waters and cut off any oil export. I may not be the most competent to talk about this but i know a bit about politics and military. Yes you have subs but that does not make it possible to mount a blockade. Remember, we are not the only ones the gulf of guinea is important to. We have ghana, equatorial guinea, togo, benin rep, cameroon and gabon and not forget the uk with two overseas territories in st. Helena and assencion islands just off the gulf. An unstable gulf isnt going to be in the interest of the other countries. So you are sure of aggressive response not only from the FG, but also from all the countries i mentioned. Your MTN, multichoice, shoprite and game willl suffer. NB: OBJ signed an agreement with the US and the UK so they are also in the gulf of guinea with their warships.

You assume we the agrissive party. SA would never start a war or emargo like this. So those RN and USN ships will be on our side. The RN has close ties with the SAN. We handel all the repairs of the RN ships that patrol the falklands that need a drydocking. We all so a place for there saloirs to enjoy RnR.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
you think your ship can do damage to us with impunity? I laugh in yoruba, hausa and igbo put together (can you imagine how that sounds?). You talk like your ships will meet no resistance from our navy and airforce. If you want to do a blockade, you should remember that your jets will not be part of it simply becos you dont have the means to deploy them. This means our planes will deal with your ships till you start begging. I may be wrong though.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: you think your ship can do damage to us with impunity? I laugh in yoruba, hausa and igbo put together (can you imagine how that sounds?). You talk like your ships will meet no resistance from our navy and airforce. If you want to do a blockade, you should remember that your jets will not be part of it simply becos you dont have the means to deploy them. This means our planes will deal with your ships till you start begging. I may be wrong though.

you have only one true warship. And she is getting old now. .ost of your trade is seaborn and you have a lot of costal instlansions. we wont need to get in close to damge then there are all so the SF amd marines who can launch raides.

your air force does not have a maritime strike air craft and we can operate only at night. your air crafts will have a hard time finding us and have to get in close to do any thing. And you have no ASW sytems so how subs will have a feild day.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: snydergp you cannot distort the fact of history just becos you do not like it. You said ECOMOG lacks transport and logistics? May be you were the one who provided them with the ones they used in the seriea leone and liberia civil wars. And that was in the early 90s. Remember that ECOMOG mission in both wars was funded and undertaken completely by ECOMOG without any assistance from any one. And much, when i say much i mean much, of the fund and logistics as well as manpower and hardware were provided by naija.

The reason why we are not taking charge of the whole thing in mali is not becos we lack the capability (indeed we have it no matter what you think) but becos the FG has learnt its lessons from previous interventions in missions outside of nigeria. We do it and get no benefit and at detriment to ourself. Not forgetting the negative treatment we get from other nationals. You are not going to encourage us to continue to carry the weight of other people on our shoulders without benefits. We have done it for over 50 years already.

Why are u doing selective reading.

The joint ECOMOG French and UN report stated that an intervention force that will entirely consist of West African Nations would face funding and logistical problems so don't distort the facts here just go and read the UN report and BAN KI Moons statement lastweek on the Mali issue.

The report also states that soldiers would need training and hardware and this could not be provided before September 2013.

The problem Nigeria currently faces with an militant insurgency has some with the Mali rebbelion and if Mali completely falls under Islamic extremist your country will face the consiquences including the hole west african region and its a problem even your FG has admitted, so for u to tell us that it that Mali isn't a regional problem for u just ask SA what happened when we ignored the ZIM issue and its illegal migration problems that followed.

Your country and other ECOMOG military generals including France knws what will happen if Mali falls so stop talking nonsense
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: snydergp you cannot distort the fact of history just becos you do not like it. You said ECOMOG lacks transport and logistics? May be you were the one who provided them with the ones they used in the seriea leone and liberia civil wars. And that was in the early 90s. Remember that ECOMOG mission in both wars was funded and undertaken completely by ECOMOG without any assistance from any one. And much, when i say much i mean much, of the fund and logistics as well as manpower and hardware were provided by naija.

The reason why we are not taking charge of the whole thing in mali is not becos we lack the capability (indeed we have it no matter what you think) but becos the FG has learnt its lessons from previous interventions in missions outside of nigeria. We do it and get no benefit and at detriment to ourself. Not forgetting the negative treatment we get from other nationals. You are not going to encourage us to continue to carry the weight of other people on our shoulders without benefits. We have done it for over 50 years already.

Yes you guys failed in seriea leone if I remeber. 300 SA mercs where the first to put down the rebels. After they left the rebels returned the the brits finaly ended the civil war. The peace keepers where just in key areas around major points. Mali will be diffrent. There the AU forces will be on the attack and thus need a lot more logistics.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
I'm done with this issue, but I'd like to say something before I dump this discussion for good. One of you south africans said I was lying about the acquisition of OPV's from china and india. We are going to receive three stealth corvette OPV's from china in 2013 and a couple more from india also in 2013. You either believe it or you doubt. No hassle. @ syndergb. However, I must admit of being guilty of exaggeration, when I said NN would surpass SAN in 2013.

True, we are behind south africa in areas of infrastructure, but we are developing infrastructure all round, too all peoples of nigeria, and not just focusing on the major cities, like is the case in south africa. Besides we got eko atlantic city, the single biggest project anywhere in the world at the moment. As we speak land reclamation is 80% and some developers have started construction on their buildings. Rail system, lagos and rivers state are respectively developing light and monorail systems. In ECONOMY and business over the last years nigerian owned companies have recorded massive growth rates, young techies are doing very well, while the south african economy is moribound barely growing. Infact on this continent nigeria would soon be number 1. True, we still have a lot of catching up to do in infrastructure, when compared to SA, but to come and claim that all your infrastructure is 20-30 years ahead of nigeria is pure foolishness.

@ andrewza I never said the NNS ANDONI is a warship, I have consistently referred to it as a SEAWARD DEFENCE BOAT, which it rightly is, I don't know when I said it is a warship.

It is a military discussion, so no need for country bashing. I was however referring to a post made by andrewza, in which he took a swipe at us, and which I returned the favour.

My main reason for posting is to distort the notion which must of you have about nigeria's military been only about numbers. I want to say categorically that since that is what you guys believe, you lot a terribly mistaken. Like my fellow country man has harped on over and over again, you lot sound like you can just mount a blockade like we don't have a navy capable of defending the territory. You talk about oil, damaging an oil industry which accounts for just about 20% of our GDP. Okay GOODLUCK. While coming over remember to come with ZUMA and JULIUS MALEMA. grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
snydergp stop saying things you dont know. I understand you want to be patriotic but thats no reason to tell lies. Your budget is over a hundred thirty billion dollar thats true. But i believe it is what the whole country spends including the other govts if there are any.

But in naija, we have three tiers of govt. The FG spends about 30bn USD annually. The 36 state govts spend on the average 1.5bn dollar each and the 774 local governments all together spend about 1bn dollar all of which total about 84 billion dollar in a year. So stop the "your budget is triple ours".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
The brits and south africans put down the rebels in SLR?? Oh lawd, what would not read from these people today. Hahahahahaha

As for the campaign in mali, why should nigeria take on the full responsibility, 500 million dollars, plus boots on the ground? Una think say na beans? We cannot foot that bill alone, it has to be shared amongst member states and france which has an interest in mali.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: you think your ship can do damage to us with impunity? I laugh in yoruba, hausa and igbo put together (can you imagine how that sounds?). You talk like your ships will meet no resistance from our navy and airforce. If you want to do a blockade, you should remember that your jets will not be part of it simply becos you dont have the means to deploy them. This means our planes will deal with your ships till you start begging. I may be wrong though.

This reply u gave really shows ur lack of knowledge

The Meko 200 redesigned Valour class frigattes are designed to avoid radar and its 70% less radar signature then most fleets currently in service worldwide there only 4 countries currenly in the world with similar capabilities and this excludes the US because there stealth ships are still under construction and even the US is moving away from large warships called destroyers because of budgetary constraints and overall effectiveness and capabilities.

The Valour class frigattes are anti air and ballistic missile ships that has anti air cruise missile deffense capabilties we don't need to enter your airspace or terrotorial waters and if the need comes the Umkhonto missiles are more then capable to take out ur J-7.

The electronics suits we currently have on the submarines has proven its wurth against Nato warships and even sunk 5 five nato warships in a recent wargames joint anti submarine training exercise.

There's more to hardware then just ships these days so educate urself
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
@henry, dont mind the boy muazu who says we are 100 years behind SA in infrastructure. What nonsense! To make such a statement means he is not aware of our airports that are being remodelled and rebuilt. He obviously doest know whats happening in our various states. And you also mentioned the eko atlantic city which is a good one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: @henry, dont mind the boy muazu who says we are 100 years behind SA in infrastructure. What nonsense! To make such a statement means he is not aware of our airports that are being remodelled and rebuilt. He obviously doest know whats happening in our various states. And you also mentioned the eko atlantic city which is a good one.

That's a fact, whether you like it or not. SA is working towards being recognised as a fully third world country and that is not far my friend.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
Henry120: I'm done with this issue, but I'd like to say something before I dump this discussion for good. One of you south africans said I was lying about the acquisition of OPV's from china and india. We are going to receive three stealth corvette OPV's from china in 2013 and a couple more from india also in 2013. You either believe it or you doubt. No hassle. @ syndergb. However, I must admit of being guilty of exaggeration, when I said NN would surpass SAN in 2013.

True, we are behind south africa in areas of infrastructure, but we are developing infrastructure all round, too all peoples of nigeria, and not just focusing on the major cities, like is the case in south africa. Besides we got eko atlantic city, the single biggest project anywhere in the world at the moment. As we speak land reclamation is 80% and some developers have started construction on their buildings. Rail system, lagos and rivers state are respectively developing light and monorail systems. In ECONOMY and business over the last years nigerian owned companies have recorded massive growth rates, young techies are doing very well, while the south african economy is moribound barely growing. Infact on this continent nigeria would soon be number 1. True, we still have a lot of catching up to do in infrastructure, when compared to SA, but to come and claim that all your infrastructure is 20-30 years ahead of nigeria is pure foolishness.

@ andrewza I never said the NNS ANDONI is a warship, I have consistently referred to it as a SEAWARD DEFENCE BOAT, which it rightly is, I don't know when I said it is a warship.

It is a military discussion, so no need for country bashing. I was however referring to a post made by andrewza, in which he took a swipe at us, and which I returned the favour.

My main reason for posting is to distort the notion which must of you have about nigeria's military been only about numbers. I want to say categorically that since that is what you guys believe, you lot a terribly mistaken. Like my fellow country man has harped on over and over again, you lot sound like you can just mount a blockade like we don't have a navy capable of defending the territory. You talk about oil, damaging an oil industry which accounts for just about 20% of our GDP. Okay GOODLUCK. While coming over remember to come with ZUMA and JULIUS MALEMA.

I never said you would not get them. But they won't be fully ready next year. Ships are not like cars. You can not just get in it and drive. All so what class out of intest sake. Will the be more patrol boat side with steal hull or FAC with stealth hulls.

SA is not just focusing on major cities. Where ever I go I see a new hospital a new school, malls, office complexs, factories, wharhouses, houses. We are 20 to 30 years ahead. I mean you don't have 24 hour power, oil refinries(or should I say we have more) large scale industry extra extra.

It was not you that said it. And I was just pointing it out. Any case last time SA produced a war ship was in the 70's. The docks are here though and we still do major over hauls. The frigats and subs would have been to expensive to build local. To open a production line for 4 ships is a waist of money. The project biro OPV/corvets will be home builded though.

I never took a swipe I was responding to one with a warning.

Actual a blokade stops all out going sea trade. That will destroy a country like nigeria (even SA) since most trade is through ocean trade.

You can have them. One is out of a job and the other is on the way.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
Henry120: I'm done with this issue, but I'd like to say something before I dump this discussion for good. One of you south africans said I was lying about the acquisition of OPV's from china and india. We are going to receive three stealth corvette OPV's from china in 2013 and a couple more from india also in 2013. You either believe it or you doubt. No hassle. @ syndergb. However, I must admit of being guilty of exaggeration, when I said NN would surpass SAN in 2013.

My main reason for posting is to distort the notion which must of you have about nigeria's military been only about numbers. I want to say categorically that since that is what you guys believe, you lot a terribly mistaken. Like my fellow country man has harped on over and over again, you lot sound like you can just mount a blockade like we don't have a navy capable of defending the territory. You talk about oil, damaging an oil industry which accounts for just about 20% of our GDP. Okay GOODLUCK. While coming over remember to come with ZUMA and JULIUS MALEMA.

Talking about those OPV's those aren't warships capable of engaging a fully fledge navy 2000 miles on the open seas those OPV's are for inbound naval patrols and anti piracy measures. @andrewsa said the boats are good but cannot be considered as full warships and that's a fact.

I don't know where u got the notion that SA's economy is in decline but reuters and SAR Bank stated that the economy is growing by 2.8% this year due to slowing of exports to EU and US respectively. The reason why SA is not growing at the rate Nigeria, Ethiopia and Angola though most of it is from a low base, is because SA is more industrialised then Nigeria and if ur export destinations are struggling what do u acspect.

SA has the biggest powerstation and railway build projects outside of India and China in the world currently. Nigeria's economy is already struggling to provide electricity to feed its industries 90% of ur foreign owened companies are providing there own power needs because ur grid just don't have the capacity. In 2013 SA will switch on the worlds biggest coal power station called Mudupi and a second one later in 2013 that will give us a capacity of 55,000MW and that's 10 times more then nigeria's current capacity.

When I said ur country is 20 years behind in infrastructure I mean in rail roadnetworks and power distribution. It took SA 5 years to complete the worlds biggest coal station that's just a few advancements we have done. We are currently also discussing to build two new nuclear plants using our own pebal bed technology or french tipe nuclear plants in the next ten years. Without electricity ur economy on its current growth path will stall ask SA even with a 40,000MW capacity we dropped 2,5% of GDP growth since 2009 because of lack of access electricity, so don't tell me about growth without proper infrastruture developement. Nigerias population is bigger then SA and of course in years to come ur economy should be number 1 in africa that's a fact no one in SA can deny but it doesn't mean a better standard of living because ur nation is overpopulated as is and this leads to other social issues like ur already low 5,2 life acspectency compared to SA's current 60 years eventhough u claim we are HIV infested nation. South Africa's landmass is 25% larger then yours here we enjoy wide open spaces compared to nigeria.

Stop ur attemps to size us up against each other on unrelated fronts and stick to the topic at hand if this doesn't differenciate the to nations level of development then that's ur problem or as you've said let it be ur last comment.

Let's stick on military issues not this sh*t rantings
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
Henry120: The brits and south africans put down the rebels in SLR?? Oh lawd, what would not read from these people today. Hahahahahaha

As for the campaign in mali, why should nigeria take on the full responsibility, 500 million dollars, plus boots on the ground? Una think say na beans? We cannot foot that bill alone, it has to be shared amongst member states and france which has an interest in mali.

it the truth

because you have the most to loose
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
SA 20 years ahead of nigeria, yet your economy is crawling at 2% a year, while nigeria's economy is growing at 7% a year. Nigeria's economy is a 392 billion dollar economy, just about 15-20 billion usd below SA. Nigeria is projected to overtake SA in 2016, as africa's top economy/dog. We got the largest middle class on this continent at about 50 million people. Nigeria companies are by far out pacing that of companies in SA, DANGOTE africa's largest conglomerate leading the pack with globacom, honeywell, oando not far behind. And you come here to claim that SA is 30 years ahead of nigeria. Bros, na u sabi oh, u dey on your own for this matter.

At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinion, same way every human is entitled to an *ss. If you believe what you wrote about 30 years, goodluck.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
@andrew, nigeria is currently building three mighty dams on the mambilla. By the end of 2013, we will stop importing petroleum products and become a net exporter of refined crude. And by the end of 2016, we will be refining all of our local crude oil. The 4 local refinaries are currently being fixed as we speak.

That there is no much power on the grid does not mean we dont have power.our economy is running on gen yet we are set to take over as no1. This is mark of a true champion dont you think?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
andrewza:

I never said you would not get them. But they won't be fully ready next year. Ships are not like cars. You can not just get in it and drive. All so what class out of intest sake. Will the be more patrol boat side with steal hull or FAC with stealth hulls.

SA is not just focusing on major cities. Where ever I go I see a new hospital a new school, malls, office complexs, factories, wharhouses, houses. We are 20 to 30 years ahead. I mean you don't have 24 hour power, oil refinries(or should I say we have more) large scale industry extra extra.

It was not you that said it. And I was just pointing it out. Any case last time SA produced a war ship was in the 70's. The docks are here though and we still do major over hauls. The frigats and subs would have been to expensive to build local. To open a production line for 4 ships is a waist of money. The project biro OPV/corvets will be home builded though.

I never took a swipe I was responding to one with a warning.

Actual a blokade stops all out going sea trade. That will destroy a country like nigeria (even SA) since most trade is through ocean trade.

You can have them. One is out of a job and the other is on the way.

wow SA is 20 years ahead? well, I don't know if your judgement is based on infrastructural development. As far as i know, If a black ruled country with total sovereignty (no white influence like yours) can achieve this economic status thus far and compete economically with yours. Bra, you've gotta be very afraid of whats to come. Nigeria is not sleeping and I believe you know little. We cannot rule out the fact that all countries have their own challenges.
Even if i'm not happy about the political, and infrastructural challenges we have, I still respect Nigeria... Anyday!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: snydergp stop saying things you dont know. I understand you want to be patriotic but thats no reason to tell lies. Your budget is over a hundred thirty billion dollar thats true. But i believe it is what the whole country spends including the other govts if there are any.

But in naija, we have three tiers of govt. The FG spends about 30bn USD annually. The 36 state govts spend on the average 1.5bn dollar each and the 774 local governments all together spend about 1bn dollar all of which total about 84 billion dollar in a year. So stop the "your budget is triple ours".

How am I telling lies SA has three different governing systems National budget which allocates the national budget to Departments like health and education. Provincial goverment which is aotonomous and then Local goverment like municipalities like Tswane or ekhuruleni, buy the ekhuruleni is africa's biggest industrial region in GDP terms and industrial output though its small in geographical terms.

@henry SA don't just develope its Cities it has a rural department and ministry which allocates money for rural developement including housing and education. South Africa's rural areas are becoming depopulated as we speak and SA has a bigger urban population then a rural own, SA's smallest province Gauteng has the biggest population in SA over 11million people.

Please don't let me start on ur beloved GEJ his also another bafoon in his own right just our own.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
Still loling about the 20 years claim..Perhaps, if your president were white!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
snydergp:

How am I telling lies SA has three different governing systems National budget which allocates the national budget to Departments like health and education. Provincial goverment which is aotonomous and then Local goverment like municipalities like Tswane or ekhuruleni, buy the ekhuruleni is africa's biggest industrial region in GDP terms and industrial output though its small in geographical terms.

@henry SA don't just develope its Cities it has a rural department and ministry which allocates money for rural developement including housing and education. South Africa's rural areas are becoming depopulated as we speak and SA has a bigger urban population then a rural own, SA's smallest province Gauteng has the biggest population in SA over 11million people.

Please don't let me start on ur beloved GEJ his also another bafoon in his own right just our own.
and what do you know about GEJ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
sheyie2007:

wow SA is 20 years ahead? well, I don't know if your judgement is based on infrastructural development. As far as i know, If a black ruled country with total sovereignty (no white influence like yours) can achieve this economic status thus far and compete economically with yours. Bra, you've gotta be very afraid of whats to come. Nigeria is not sleeping and I believe you know little. We cannot rule out the fact that all countries have their own challenges.
Even if i'm not happy about the political, and infrastructural challenges we have, I still respect Nigeria... Anyday!

Yes 20 to 30 years.

You need that growth rate for your popultion side.

What should we fear.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2012
Henry120: SA 20 years ahead of nigeria, yet your economy is crawling at 2% a year, while nigeria's economy is growing at 7% a year. Nigeria's economy is a 392 billion dollar economy, just about 15-20 billion usd below SA. Nigeria is projected to overtake SA in 2016, as africa's top economy/dog. We got the largest middle class on this continent at about 50 million people. Nigeria companies are by far out pacing that of companies in SA, DANGOTE africa's largest conglomerate leading the pack with globacom, honeywell, oando not far behind. And you come here to claim that SA is 30 years ahead of nigeria. Bros, na u sabi oh, u dey on your own for this matter.

At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinion, same way every human is entitled to an *ss. If you believe what you wrote about 30 years, goodluck.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! This is indeed rhetoric. Who is making more money in Nigeria? Isn't SA companies? Bwahahahaahahahahahahahaha.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2012

My main reason for posting is to distort the notion which must of you have about nigeria's military been only about numbers. I want to say categorically that since that is what you guys believe, you lot a terribly mistaken. Like my fellow country man has harped on over and over again, you lot sound like you can just mount a blockade like we don't have a navy capable of defending the territory. You talk about oil, damaging an oil industry which accounts for just about 20% of our GDP. Okay GOODLUCK. While coming over remember to come with ZUMA and JULIUS MALEMA. grin grin grin
lmao for real? undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
What about Multichoice, PEP, Game, Shoprite, Spur, Shopping malls, standard bank, lottery and MTN we have invested in Nigeria. You are nothing without South Africa's investments. When other countries abandoned you by labelling you as terrorists we as South Africa we were there for you. You started to experience world class shopping malls because of us and that's how you are paying us. Tafiakwa, nonsense.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
Henry120: SA 20 years ahead of nigeria, yet your economy is crawling at 2% a year, while nigeria's economy is growing at 7% a year. Nigeria's economy is a 392 billion dollar economy, just about 15-20 billion usd below SA. Nigeria is projected to overtake SA in 2016, as africa's top economy/dog. We got the largest middle class on this continent at about 50 million people. Nigeria companies are by far out pacing that of companies in SA, DANGOTE africa's largest conglomerate leading the pack with globacom, honeywell, oando not far behind. And you come here to claim that SA is 30 years ahead of nigeria. Bros, na u sabi oh, u dey on your own for this matter.

Are u just a fool or just a hot headed young boy or whatevergrin

No one here disputes that Nigeria will become Africa's biggest economy soon because ur population and consumer potential is 3 times that of SA so I'm actually dissapointed u haven't crossed this milestone 30 years ago. But even if this is true even by ur current growth it will take u 30 years to outgrow SA's GDP per capita. Per Capita Angola is Africa's richest nation followed by Botswana and Seychelles then SA no contest there.

I CALL U A SERIAL LIER HERE WHEN U SAY NIGERIAN COMPANIES OUTPERFORM South African companiestongue Here are the FORBES top 20 african companies by market cap go research this STOP TALKING SH*T FROM THAT BIG HEAD OF YOURS AND SMALL BRAIN BOYgrin

1) BHP Biliton (south africa) $71.5bn

2)Anglo America (SA) $54.3bn

3)SAB-Miller (SA) second biggest beer compant in the world $35.2

4)SASOL (SA) synthetic fuels and gas $32.2

5)MTN GROUP(SA) africa and middel easts biggest telecoms company by subscriber numbers $29.6bn

6)Kumba Iron Ore (SA) $19.5bn

7)Standard Bank (SA) excluding its offshore assets and investments outside of africa $19.4bn

coolAnglo Platinum (SA) $14.4bn

9)First Rand LTD (SA) $14.2bn

10) Itissalat Al Maghrib (Morroco) telecoms $13.8

11) Naspers (SA) media and DSTV $13.7bn

12) ABSA Group (SA) 11.3bn

13) Anglo Ashanti (SA) $11.2bn

14) Impala PLATS (SA) $11.1bn

15) DANGOTE CEMENT ( Nigeria) $10.6bn

16) Samlam Holdings (SA) insurance $9.8bn

17) Shoprite Holdings (SA) retail consumer goods $9.3bn

18) Old Mutual (SA) insurance and investment $8.4bn

19) Attijariwafa Bank (Morroco) $7.8bn

20) Gold Fields (SA) $7.5bn

This is the best and biggest companies currently in Africa that are listed on African stock exchanges
The two biggest goverment owned entities on the comtinent are ESKOM and TRANSNET respectively by asset value.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE STOP TALKING SH*T HERE. YOUR ECONOMY WILL BE THE BIGGEST BUT SO WILL THESE COMPANIES.

GET A NEW HOBBY MY COMPULSIVE LIER BEFORE I EXPOSE U SOME MOREgringringringrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
snydergp:

Are u just a fool or just a hot headed young boy or whatevergrin

No one here disputes that Nigeria will become Africa's biggest economy soon because ur population and consumer potential is 3 times that of SA so I'm actually dissapointed u haven't crossed this milestone 30 years ago. But even if this is true even by ur current growth it will take u 30 years to outgrow SA's GDP per capita. Per Capita Angola is Africa's richest nation followed by Botswana and Seychelles then SA no contest there.

I CALL U A SERIAL LIER HERE WHEN U SAY NIGERIAN COMPANIES OUTPERFORM South African companiestongue Here are the FORBES top 20 african companies by market cap go research this STOP TALKING SH*T FROM THAT BIG HEAD OF YOURS AND SMALL BRAIN BOYgrin

1) BHP Biliton (south africa) $71.5bn

2)Anglo America (SA) $54.3bn

3)SAB-Miller (SA) second biggest beer compant in the world $35.2

4)SASOL (SA) synthetic fuels and gas $32.2

5)MTN GROUP(SA) africa and middel easts biggest telecoms company by subscriber numbers $29.6bn

6)Kumba Iron Ore (SA) $19.5bn

7)Standard Bank (SA) excluding its offshore assets and investments outside of africa $19.4bn

coolAnglo Platinum (SA) $14.4bn

9)First Rand LTD (SA) $14.2bn

10) Itissalat Al Maghrib (Morroco) telecoms $13.8

11) Naspers (SA) media and DSTV $13.7bn

12) ABSA Group (SA) 11.3bn

13) Anglo Ashanti (SA) $11.2bn

14) Impala PLATS (SA) $11.1bn

15) DANGOTE CEMENT ( Nigeria) $10.6bn

16) Samlam Holdings (SA) insurance $9.8bn

17) Shoprite Holdings (SA) retail consumer goods $9.3bn

18) Old Mutual (SA) insurance and investment $8.4bn

19) Attijariwafa Bank (Morroco) $7.8bn

20) Gold Fields (SA) $7.5bn

This is the best and biggest companies currently in Africa that are listed on African stock exchanges
The two biggest goverment owned entities on the comtinent are ESKOM and TRANSNET respectively by asset value.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE STOP TALKING SH*T HERE. YOUR ECONOMY WILL BE THE BIGGEST BUT SO WILL THESE COMPANIES.

GET A NEW HOBBY MY COMPULSIVE LIER BEFORE I EXPOSE U SOME MOREgringringringrin

SA investors are not stupid, they will drain Nigeria dry. Bwahahahahahhahahahahaaha!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2012
Msauza:

SA investors are not stupid, they will drain Nigeria dry. Bwahahahahahhahahahahaaha!!!
Lol...all white owned. And they're being taxed like they should..so? lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
Msauza: What about Multichoice, PEP, Game, Shoprite, Spur, Shopping malls, standard bank, lottery and MTN we have invested in Nigeria. You are nothing without South Africa's investments. When other countries abandoned you by labelling you as terrorists we as South Africa we were there for you. You started to experience world class shopping malls because of us and that's how you are paying us. Tafiakwa, nonsense.
Give me an online source to your claims as regards the terrorism ish you posted then i'll shut my gob...by the way, we own telecommunication companies too and shopping malls owned by "blacks"..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
@cameroonpride, the figure is actually 14 percent and 10 percent when the informal sector is added.fact is nigeria is relying less on oil money and it decreasesby the day. @ snydergp what do you think people here are? So dangote is worth more than the company he invested in? Thats not true!@ muazu, the largest trading partner of nigeria is not SA, fact!. It is the US, china, germany, france, brazil, Uk et all. If SA companies vacate nigeria, no impact will be felt, fact!

@snydergp, you havnt told me what is it you know about GEJ
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2012
souldust: @cameroonpride, the figure is actually 14 percent and 10 percent when the informal sector is added.fact is nigeria is relying less on oil money and it decreasesby the day. @ snydergp what do you think people here are? So dangote is worth more than the company he invested in? Thats not true!@ muazu, the largest trading partner of nigeria is not SA, fact!. It is the US, china, germany, france, brazil, Uk et all. If SA companies vacate nigeria, no impact will be felt, fact!

@snydergp, you havnt told me what is it you know about GEJ

Please educate them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
sheyie2007:
Lol...all white owned. And they're being taxed like they should..so? lipsrsealed

Bwahahahahahaha, we let the customers to pay tax for us and the rest come back to SA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.