Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,070 members, 7,867,052 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470052 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:25am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian navy dockyard built 100% of IPV NNS ANDONI, and the second ship is almost ready, a bigger NNS ANDONI sister ship, we build to suit Nigeria's need.

I still don't see any South African made OPV existing, even if we consult an oracle, we will find nothing cheesy

You dont need to consult an orical - just the sources we have posted
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:27am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Not for Nigerian navy , SA built boats for a Nigerian Fishing control agency, civilian boat. Nigeria builds armoured boats for oil companies.

You did no big stuff.

Also SAS Drakensberg is an old out-dated ship

We also build armoured boats for oil companies

Clown
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:49am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Yes, old fashioned Delta wing shape of old fashioned Gripen jets ! Proved below cheesy

Delta wing AND canard
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:50am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

It has NO stealth-like design, and the radar is NOT solid state modern type, it's old. Deal with it, SAS Drakensberg is old, go see what Algeria just purchased for the same purpose, and you will angrily sink your own Drakensberg in anger !

Drakensburg is newer than all of your major surface ships and all of their weapons

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:53am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

You are sailing around in old fashioned rust buckets. Admit it cheesy

If the drakensburg is old then your only surface combatant aradu is a meuseum peice
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:54am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

It's just a logistics ship, NAF Alpha jets threat drove your Drakensberg away from Ivory Coast some years ago cheesy

Cowards cheesy
Well dobe you scared off a supply ship

Nigerias biggest naval acheivement!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:55am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

It has not sold one unit all these years, only one potential buyer trying to come up for the over-priced junk cheesy

They have sold around 50 Mbombe

Has nigeria ever sold anything to anyone?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:57am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

LOL...2 NAF pilots flew 1,148 combat sorties in 2 months....LOL...the 2 NAF pilots must be Super Man and Iron Man

Yep, impressive indeed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:02am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

EU and NATO are white brotherhoods.

Because there are only white nations in europe and north america?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:03am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

LOL PAF F-7PG is 3.5 gen so why would JF-17 be same level? LOL

Gripen is actually 3.5 gen aircraft, based on it's obsolescence, it is half step ahead of 3 gen Viggen aircraft it repalced.

Lol, now this clown is redfining aircraft generations
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 10, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Reading the jokes?

Nigeria is getting NOTHING!!!!!
with close to $7 billion? we on a shopping spree dude..watch and see..

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2014
MduZA:

big thanks to South Africa for helping Nigeria set her automotive industry....
you mean 'innoson' or I'm I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Yes, old fashioned Delta wing shape of old fashioned Gripen jets ! Proved below cheesy

Delta wing shape.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:32am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Not for JF-17....Thunder has a globally unique wing NOT Delta....it's unique. Proved...
Delta wing shape.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:34am On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:
Can this be the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen! obviously it can only be american!

I love it.

Its operators can remove the Stingers, and operate them as MANPADS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:36am On Dec 10, 2014
jln115:
Hahahah most probably get burned rather than a tan always forget the sunscreen,dont blacks get tanned too i mean look at those Southern Suddan folks they are almost charcoal colour by spending so much time in the desert?hahha thought you ment sunlight,but in SA those who have electricity have it 24/7(or the last few days 23/7)doesnt matter where you live.We use the word robot for traffic lights,really messes with the tourists heads as they think we mean real robots.BTW what english does Nigeria use,british or American,the text box keeps on showing me that my spelling is incorrect when i use british english words like colour vs color.
eh..arent those sudanese folks white{arabian colour}?.tans are kinda cool,it gives the skin a lovely golden sheen.ah,nigeria uses british english officially,but we kinda have our own indigenous type of english called the 'pidgin english',that why some nigerians call power=light,food=chop,car=motor,machine=engine,what?=wetin? etc..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:37am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Stealth-like, I said, don't quote me wrongly, shape is not the only way of stealth, the paint, the ECM defences, the navionics that reduce detection to protect the ship from enemy frigates.

Check out Algeria's new logistic ship ! The Drakensberg is an old ship for generations past !
Where's Nigeria's modern supply ship?

NO, Aradu and Thunder are much older then her.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:40am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

It's just a logistics ship, NAF Alpha jets threat drove your Drakensberg away from Ivory Coast some years ago cheesy

Cowards cheesy
I don't remember any African threatening SAN's ship.

Cause all sub-saharan African navies know, none of them can challenge SAN at sea.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:41am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

Your ungrateful current ANC government created open rivalry and envy instead of open black brotherhood and partnership.

Mandela and Mbeki almost achieved what you said, Zuma wrecked it all
There's no such!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:42am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

It has not sold one unit all these years, only one potential buyer trying to come up for the over-priced junk cheesy
Jordan bought 50.

tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:45am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE3170G4rhA
So? I'll hurt augubugubu

Aradu Nigeria sole warship, is older than our Supply.

Thunder is older than Drankenberg.

Your new OPVs from China won't carry missiles nor have an CIWS.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:49am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

EU and NATO are white brotherhoods.
The Russians are white too.

Turkey is a NATO member, are the Turks white?

It is never about. That blogger messes with you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:50am On Dec 10, 2014
agaugust:

A mistake on his part. 3rd generation aircraft don't carry JF-17 kind of avionics, we all know.
They can carry the latest tech.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:55am On Dec 10, 2014
Centrifude:

Well I don't blame the power cuts on the government remember that they've been bailing out Eskom for a while now.

The load Shedding the the Collapsed Silo at Majuba power Station, we lost around 1800MW of power so we have to make up for it while we fix the damage.

And I wouldn't entire call Zuma Useless every president so far has done its fair share of good and Bad *a lot of bad when it comes to Zuma* but when you look at it, He has made great progress in the Health Sector he tackled the issue of HIV/AiDs pretty well where as Mbeki was the Same person who denied the fact that people were dying from Aids and instead Insisted that they were dying from malnutrition and poverty/hunger.

So Zuma aint a complete D*ck.

But anyway just be Patient enough and wait for them to finish their repairs and for Medupi to come online.
The load shedding can be blamed on government.

As everything that Eskom does, is first determined by the government. The delays in building is a result on Eskom having to first wait to be told what to build.

If Eskom was a private company, they'd already know if they were building nuclear plants or what. After Medupi and Kusile.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:58am On Dec 10, 2014
@overhypedsteve,you speak as if you dont know how international politics is played.of all criteria that makes a world power,military might is the most important.now lets examine russia,the russians arent impressive when it comes to economy and infrastructure as they've spent a better part of their existence waging wars and buffering crippling sanctions.if not for oil,gas and weapons,russia wouldnt have an economy at all.yet in the end,they spend a large part of what they earn on the military,why?.russia has little foreign influence beside that in the eastern bloc and in syria.russia's land is mostly made of stone and ice,so they import most of their food.yet isnt russia a world power today?,what makes it a world power,an inflated GDP or the international fear of its military might?.other examples are isreal,iran,egypt{perhaps},north korea etc..,these countries barely matter when it comes to economy,but when it comes to military,everyone shivers.that,my friend is true power.forget what written in books.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:02am On Dec 10, 2014
iterator24:
with close to $7 billion? we on a shopping spree dude..watch and see..
That money isn't on the defence budget.

While you get money to purchase weapons, the defence budget doesn't change. The same budget failing to keep Nigerian equipment operational.

With more burden(combat ops, salaries, allowances and more) your military will fail to support weapons. Similar to Angola after the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2014
overhypedsteve:
may the good lord help us.
christ have mercy.mother mary pray for us....but lets first clear our house of thrash.do you think people like asari dokubo,abubakar shekau,olusegun obasanjo,babangida etc....will be able to spill the rubbish they're spilling now,in a totalitarian government?.after all the stolen money and havoc those guys have caused they still have the ba||s to dictate to the government.in a strong country,they'd be publicly skewered with a lance,diced into smaller pieces,burned and their ashes scattered over the ocean,and if anybody protest against it they'd be effectively sanctioned.democracy allows thieves and killers to walk free.africans have become weak.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2014
EVarn:
@overhypedsteve,you speak as if you dont know how international politics is played.of all criteria that makes a world power,military might is the most important.now lets examine russia,the russians arent impressive when it comes to economy and infrastructure as they've spent a better part of their existence waging wars and buffering crippling sanctions.if not for oil,gas and weapons,russia wouldnt have an economy at all.yet in the end,they spend a large part of what they earn on the military,why?.russia has little foreign influence beside that in the eastern bloc and in syria.russia's land is mostly made of stone and ice,so they import most of their food.yet isnt russia a world power today?,what makes it a world power,an inflated GDP or the international fear of its military might?.other examples are isreal,iran,egypt{perhaps},north korea etc..,these countries barely matter when it comes to economy,but when it comes to military,everyone shivers.that,my friend is true power.forget what written in books.
you ve just failed your first presidential debate. My Question was. " how will your de facto state and its one sided policies fulfill and achieve the nigerian national interests ( domestic and foreign) and its wider interest in its sub region. [ii.] and please what do you think determines our national interest as a country. Because you cant just come to power and say " erm! Missiles made Russia great oya let us start building the world fattest missiles, aircraft careers are cool and dangerous let us get some of those( which role dem go play for gulf of guinea or your spat with south Africans online go make you ride your aircraft career go cape of good hope?). You don't run a nation like a football management app. You ve to take into considerations many factors that overtime have grown to form the Raison de etre of Nigeria i.e. The reason for the existence of Nigerian state.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2014
patches689:

This flies in the face of COIN doctrine
Read what patreaus's policy in Iraq was
Infastructure and economic development are more important than tanks
COIN doctrine?,such foreign attempts at limitation should be dismissed,the same way i would withdraw nigeria from the ICJ if i were in power.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2014
EVarn:
christ have mercy.mother mary pray for us....but lets first clear our house of thrash.do you think people like asari dokubo,abubakar shekau,olusegun obasanjo,babangida etc....will be able to spill the rubbish they're spilling now,in a totalitarian government?.after all the stolen money and havoc those guys have caused they still have the ba||s to dictate to the government.in a strong country,they'd be publicly skewered with a lance,diced into smaller pieces,burned and their ashes scattered over the ocean,and if anybody protest against it they'd be effectively sanctioned.democracy allows thieves and killers to walk free.africans have become weak.
no. Africans have stopped living as cavemen, and they are walking and working towards sustaining this positive pattern of development. Before you call for totalitarianism, can you pls tell us one African nation that have benefited from this system of government ( giving us clear and concise historical facts). Tell us one African state that, thanks to the rule of a dictator it was able to develope itself profitably. If there is none then what makes you as a neophyte in issues of government and politics think it will work out in a heated and multi ethnic state like Nigeria or do want to use the largest black nation on earth to experiment on a banned Government ideology?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2014
overhypedsteve:
you ve just failed your first presidential debate. My Question was."how will your de facto state and its one sided policies fulfill and achieve the nigerian national interests(domestic and foreign) and its wider interest in its sub region.[ii.]and please what do you think determines our national interest as a country. Because you cant just come to power and say" erm! Missiles made Russia great oya let us start building the world fattest missiles,aircraft careers are cool and dangerous let us get some of those(which role dem go play for gulf of guinea or your spat with south Africans online go make you ride your aircraft career go cape of good hope?).You don't run a nation like a football management app.You ve to take into considerations many factors that overtime have grown to form the [b]Raison de etre of Nigeria[/b]i.e.The reason for the existence of Nigerian state.
ah...you're being naive.do you think that a marxist comes on air to tell his true ambitions?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2014
iterator24:
you mean 'innoson' or I'm I missing something here?

if you do not know anything....you will miss everything

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.