Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,350 members, 7,868,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470724 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
*scoff*i've always thought of democracy as nonsense anyway,its foreign and rarely works very well in the african setting.africans have always repected and feared power,violence and brutality.they tremble and listen to a totalitarianism government more than democratic fluffy smutt.democracy is for the weak....in my regime,a few greedy politicians could be used as scapegoats of how i'll deal with 'unnecessary instigation of civil unrest'.
Imagine if SA and Nigerian Governments just stoped being so stubborn,free trade between the 2 will be great our economy, i mean we both have what the other needs, for example SA has Coal,gold,Platinum Nigeria has OIL(a biggie) and what ever more you guys have what we dont.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

June last year before the Rand totally turned into sh"t.And way when i want to type sh't it turns it in to shit
hmm....i'll have to search for it then.it would cost about N1800 in naira.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
ActivateKruger:

with the possible BAE South Africa merger with Denel, it looks like BAE products will make it to the SANDF.

I love the Metador too as a Casspir replacement.
Yes almost forgot about the paramount group, same guys who made this beast:

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Imagine if SA and Nigerian Governments just stoped being so stubborn,free trade between the 2 will be great our economy, i mean we both have what the other needs, for example SA has Coal,gold,Platinum Nigeria has OIL(a biggie) and what ever more you guys have what we dont.
relationship between SA and nigeria is tense because of the individual politics each country play e.g zuma is an ally of former vice president of nigeria atiku abubakar{a member of nigeria's major left wing opposition party called APC},while president goodluck jonathan{current president and member of the ruling party PDP} is not a fan of zuma,in fact both seem to hold so much contempt for each other that even a bat in the sun can see it.now atiku abubakar wants to contest for presidency,guess who zuma will support.it all boils down to democracy and capitalism.democracy is an instrument of division.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
hmm....i'll have to search for it then.it would cost about N1800 in naira.
Man if i was in Nigeria it would seem to me that everything is so expensive, had the opposite problem when i was in Australia 2 years ago,bought a rugby jersey for 150 Aussie doller, only after paying for the thing did i realize i wasnt in SA anymore and that ive just payed 1500 fcking rand for a RUGBY jersey!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
relationship between SA and nigeria is tense because of the individual politics each country play e.g zuma is an ally of former vice president of nigeria atiku abubakar{a member of nigeria's major left wing opposition party called APC},while president goodluck jonathan{current president and member of the ruling party PDP} is not a fan of zuma,in fact both seem to hold so much contempt for each other that even a bat in the sun can see it.now atiku abubakar wants to contest for presidency,guess who zuma will support.it all boils down to democracy and capitalism.democracy is an instrument of division.
Im definitely a supporter of Democracy i mean the Government should serve the people(although ours at the moment only serve them selves) and not the other way around and the people should be able to choose their party, just wish the masses in SA can open their eyes and see what this Zuma ANC/ZANC/cANCer is doing to our beautiful country, we had to good presidents before Zuma(Mandela and Mbeki) i mean the Economy of SA was groing at close to 6% a year when mbeki was in charge and our exchange rate was something like R4 to the doller, but iam positive that 2019 will be the last election that the ANC will win if they carry on the way they do at the moment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Man if i was in Nigeria it would seem to me that everything is so expensive, had the opposite problem when i was in Australia 2 years ago,bought a rugby jersey for 150 Aussie doller, only after paying for the thing did i realize i wasnt in SA anymore and that ive just payed 1500 fcking rand for a RUGBY jersey!
you hit the nail mate.things here are kinda expensive.just enter a shopping mall with $5000 in nigeria,and you'd come out holding a few jeans,tops,snickers and toothpaste with a confused expression and an empty wallet.unlike in ghana or korea where you can swim in $1000 and call yourself a rich man..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
you hit the nail mate.things here are kinda expensive.just enter a shopping mall with $5000 in nigeria,and you'd come out holding a few jeans,tops,snickers and toothpaste with a confused expression and an empty wallet.unlike in ghana or korea where you can swim in $1000 and call yourself a rich man..
HAHAH 3rd world problems! But to be honest south africa is relatively cheap, with $5000 doller you can buy a decent car! ia mean my car didnt even cost $5000
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Im definitely a supporter of Democracy i mean the Government should serve the people(although ours at the moment only serve them selves) and not the other way around and the people should be able to choose their party, just wish the masses in SA can open their eyes and see what this Zuma ANC/ZANC/cANCer is doing to our beautiful country, we had to good presidents before Zuma(Mandela and Mbeki) i mean the Economy of SA was groing at close to 6% a year when mbeki was in charge and our exchange rate was something like R4 to the doller, but iam positive that 2019 will be the last election that the ANC will win if they carry on the way they do at the moment
to experience any true development in africa,we must first shed off this naivete called democracy.it isnt in the african nature to be democratic,we're more radical thinkers,we'd end up punching each other to the brink of death.what african countries need is people like putin and ghadaffi,look at the development in china.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

HAHAH 3rd world problems!
tell me about it.thats why change is needed,its sweet to talk,but true action is what makes the difference.a way must be carved by charisma or....by force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
to experience any true development in africa,we must first shed off this naivete called democracy.it isnt in the african nature to be democratic,we're more radical thinkers,we'd end up punching each other to the brink of death.what african countries need is people like putin and ghadaffi,look at the development in china.
Ghadaffi is not a very good example but any way i still believe democracy is the way to go i mean communism is proof that you cant lead country where the state owns every thing and the people have no say. Yes China is developing fast but with so much manpower even an ape for a president can develop something, way are all/most of the richest democratic? its because democracy( if run properly ) works.

But back to your earlier post, SA is still relatively cheap i mean my car cost less than $5000
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

HAHAH 3rd world problems! But to be honest south africa is relatively cheap, with $5000 doller you can buy a decent car! ia mean my car didnt even cost $5000
yes,i know that,food stuff in SA are particularly cheap.but due to the falling nigerian currency{naira},things have become even more expensive,of course there are cars that can be bought at $5000,but then again $5000{about N1m now} doesnt mean anything in the food market.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
yes,i know that,food stuff in SA are particularly cheap.but due to the falling nigerian currency{naira},things have become even more expensive,of course there are cars that can be bought at $5000,but then again $5000{about N1m now} doesnt mean anything in the food market.
Dont worry i feel your pain the Rand is know at 11.55 to the doller, and its all thanks to ESKOM today was the first day in three days that my power wasnt cut due to load shedding, although its only for an hour its still inconvenient.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:
Ghadaffi is not a very good example but any way i still believe democracy is the way to go i mean communism is proof that you cant lead country where the state owns every thing and the people have no say.Yes China is developing fast but with so much manpower even an ape for a president can develop something, way are all/most of the richest democratic? its because democracy( if run properly ) works.
the african mind have been immersed in the doctrines of capitalist enslavement.democracy works for the west,communism works for the east,something has to work for the south{the african continent},we try so hard to copy the results of america using american methods,can a an orange grow the way a tangerine grows?.do you know that before his death,ghadaffi proposed the idea of a common african currency called the "gold dinar"?,typically african leaders{puppets} opposed him,why?,because if the dinar system had worked,the dollar would have collapsed,being turned into coloured paper.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Ghadaffi is not a very good example but any way i still believe democracy is the way to go i mean communism is proof that you cant lead country where the state owns every thing and the people have no say. Yes China is developing fast but with so much manpower even an ape for a president can develop something, way are all/most of the richest democratic? its because democracy( if run properly ) works.

But back to your earlier post, SA is still relatively cheap i mean my car cost less than $5000
yeah,there are cars here that cost less that $1000 too,but hey,humans dont really eat cars now,do they?.some things are still on the cheapest side here,but generally,it isnt impressive.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Dont worry i feel your pain the Rand is know at 11.55 to the doller, and its all thanks to ESKOM today was the first day in three days that my power wasnt cut due to load shedding, although its only for an hour its still inconvenient.
thats inconvenient indeed.i can imagine how it is being in darkness{even for one hour},after being used to constant power supply.i've always known that that child rap|st zuma was a clueless crook,i never knew he was a slowpoke too!.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
for real?!,ok then my first question is: are you married?.
Questions evolving around the topic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
the african mind have been immersed in the doctrines of capitalist enslavement.democracy works for the west,communism works for the east,something has to work for the south{the african continent},we try so hard to copy the results of america using american methods,can a an orange grow the way a tangerine grows?.do you know that before his death,ghadaffi proposed the idea of a common african currency called the "gold dinar"?,typically african leaders{puppets} opposed him,why?,because if the dinar system had worked,the dollar would have collapsed,being turned into coloured paper.
I read about that a few years back, i definitely support something like that, he also suggested that instead of paying with the $ for oil but instead using gold to pay for oil. dont know if its the same as the Gold dinar. Iam also not saying we should copy the west but people should still be able to vote for the leaders they want in charge.I wouldnt say communism works for the east just look at japan ,south korea and Australia those are the three most developed countries in the east and all are democracies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

SADF had 4,000 men frontline. UNITA group saved you with about 80,000 men frontline.

Your ego has crashed today .
This lad thinks the SADF only got involved during Operation Modular.

That 4000 come from the battle in 1988. The SADF routinely crossed into Angola during war.

Again you didn't answer my questions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
Henry120:

Exactly. This was how Patches689, MikeZA (now Mikeczar), we're claiming BAE systems as a south-african company.

Today, they've been caught lying, again.

*on all toyota's used in Southern hemisphere claim, I disagree.
Bae land systems South Africa, is an South African company.

Guess what? Denel is buying the company!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Questions evolving around the topic.
ok then.do you like girls{boys} wearing shirts depicting an A~Darter SRAAM?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
agaugust:

Not for Nigerian navy , SA built boats for a Nigerian Fishing control agency, civilian boat. Nigeria builds armoured boats for oil companies.

You did no big stuff.

Also SAS Drakensberg is an old out-dated ship
Out dated? Since when do Nigerians know anything about "out dated" equipment?

NN Thunder is older than the SAS Drakensberg.

NN Aradu is older than the Drankensberg.

The new patrol ship similar to Thunder you received from the USA, is older than Drankensberg?

The missiles on Aradu aree older than her.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

I read about that a few years back, i definitely support something like that, he also suggested that instead of paying with the $ for oil but instead using gold to pay for oil. dont know if its the same as the Gold dinar. Iam also not saying we should copy the west but people should still be able to vote for the leaders they want in charge.I wouldnt say communism works for the east just look at japan ,south korea and Australia those are the three most developed countries in the east and all are democracies.
exactly,ghadaffi was branded a 'terrorist' for what?,osama bin laden killed thousands of americans like chrismas turkey,yet he ran rampant for nearly 10 years,no war drones entered into afghanistan to blitz it into the stone ages.why ghadaffi then?..i strongly oppose democracy as we practise it in africa,yes the people can chose who they like,but let their be limits to the craze for power!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
thats inconvenient indeed.i can imagine how it is being in darkness{even for one hour},after being used to constant power supply.i've always known that that child rap|st zuma was a clueless crook,i never knew he was a slowpoke too!.

Zuma doesnt even have formal schooling but hes our President.
But to be honest the Government has done well to supply 95% of the country with electricity its just these last few days where eskom have fckup, but the big problem is that ESKOM is a monopoly so when they fck up it effects every body.And only the small towns are really receiving load shedding, the big Cities have less of it would effect the economy even more. Iam currently in Mosselbay at my Parents place, and mosselbay is not that big of a town thats way we are receiving load shedding more often here, but there will probably be no load shedding her later the month because its one of the most popular vacationing destinations in SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:
RG35, a possible replacement for the mamba and Casspir? Dont think it will be sporting the remote turret though.
Thee fact that Denel is buying BLLSA, makes it a possible replacement.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Out dated? Since when do Nigerians know anything about "out dated" equipment?

NN Thunder is older than the SAS Drakensberg.

NN Aradu is older than the Drankensberg.

The new patrol ship similar to Thunder you received from the USA, is older than Drankensberg?

The missiles on Aradu aree older than her.

HAHAHA good one!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
EVarn:
ok then.do you like girls{boys} wearing shirts depicting an A~Darter SRAAM?
Go sell drugs.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
jln115:

Zuma doesnt even have formal schooling but hes our President.
But to be honest the Government has done well to supply 95% of the country with electricity its just these last few days where eskom have fckup, but the big problem is that ESKOM is a monopoly so when they fck up it effects every body.And only the small towns are really receiving load shedding, the big Cities have less of it would effect the economy even more. Iam currently in Mosselbay at my Parents place, and mosselbay is not that big of a town thats way we are receiving load shedding more often here, but there will probably be no load shedding her later the month because its one of the most popular vacationing destinations in SA.
hmm...mossleybay you say?,isnt that a small town south of the cape?.anyways,you guys still have it better,in nigeria,we've got about 18 hours of light a day at best.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Thee fact that Denel is buying BLLSA, makes it a possible replacement.
Although the casspir was and still is one of the best mraps in the world, it will be nice to have some newer technology in SANDF mechanized infantry brigades.but good thing is that mraps are one thing SA never as to worry about, there are a sh;t load of the all over the place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
Henry120:

Exactly. This was how Patches689, MikeZA (now Mikeczar), we're claiming BAE systems as a south-african company.

Today, they've been caught lying, again.

*on all toyota's used in Southern hemisphere claim, I disagree.
Dude if I come and bought shares of your company that doesn't mean your company is now South African. In simpler terms.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:01am On Dec 10, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Go sell drugs.
drugs?,you wound me SUGAR....you've broken my heart tonight.if only you could fix it for me micheal*sheds big fat tears*....i..i..i..just.,*sniffles*..need you to fix it*gulps pathetically*.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 10, 2014
EVarn:
hmm...mossleybay you say?,isnt that a small town south of the cape?.anyways,you guys still have it better,in nigeria,we've got about 18 hours of light a day at best.
Jap! correct and yes we have lots of sun light here,about 17 hours which is a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.