Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464943 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:

I am convinced 100% that, those precision airstrikes were carried out by the former advanced trained SA fighter pilots. Nigerian pilots can never do that, they failed to do it in the past and why only now. No ways, those are our mighty former fighter pilots.
dude take a chill pill, do you think anybody can just enter any aircraft and take precision strikes? do you think this is a water gun duel? Nigerian pilots have been flying f7s, MIs and alpha jets since thr beginning of the insurgency .. I don't understand your rants about SA pilots..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:21am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:
dude take a chill pill, do you think anybody can just enter any aircraft and take precision strikes? do you think this is a water gun duel? Nigerian pilots have been flying f7s, MIs and alpha jets since thr beginning of the insurgency .. I don't understand your rants about SA pilots..

Yet, they were crashing like nobody's business. Falling from the sky like meteors owing to inexperience. Have you ever ask yourself why the sudden improvement? SA pilots have been doing the job for them lately.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:

Yet, they were crashing like nobody's business. Falling from the sky like meteors owing to inexperience. Have you ever ask yourself why the sudden improvement? SA pilots have been doing the job for them lately.
your comment is preposterous lad. you shouldn't be on a military discussion platform for starters. do you know how many aircraft the US army lost in iraq alone? In your shallow mind a 5 year insurgency should be crash free and flawless to say the least. ode!

there are no south africans flying any aircrafts in nigeria dont over hype yourself.
oh, the recent captures of towns held by boko haram is sadf too? stop clowning

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:48am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:
your comment is preposterous lad. you shouldn't be on a military discussion platform for starters. do you know how many aircraft the US army lost in iraq alone? In your shallow mind a 5 year insurgency should be crash free and flawless to say the least. ode!

there are no south africans flying any aircrafts in nigeria dont over hype yourself.

Damned!!! Dude, do you deny the fact that Nigerian government acquired mercenaries to perform among others, the following duties;

-To train your army
-To train your pilots
-To fly your gunships and fighter planes
-To lead your forces in the battle field. etc.

That's what SA mercenaries have been doing in Siera Leone, Liberia, Iraq and Afghanistan. So, it is not new to us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:

What is your denial based on?

Nothing other than your wish that the evidence already given is not true.

You have no evidence whatsoever that you could base your denial on.

Your denial is bare.

It's already been showed that there are SA mercenaries in Nigeria.

You cannot and have not showed otherwise.
All you can do is give us a bare denial based only on your word.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:

Damned!!! Dude, do you deny the fact that Nigerian government acquired mercenaries to perform among others, the following duties;

-To train your army
-To train your pilots
-To fly your gunships and fighter planes
-To lead your forces in the battle field. etc.

That's what SA mercenaries have been doing in Siera Leone, Liberia, Iraq and Afghanistan. So, it is not new to us.

south africans dont know anything about these platforms. . alpha jets, puma , gazelle, mi35 and f7s....stop embarrassing saffers..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:56am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:

south africans dont know anything about these platforms. . alpha jets, puma , gazelle, mi35 and f7s....stop embarrassing saffers..

They don't know anything about the platforms based on what grounds?

A mercenary company which wants to be in business will ensure it is capable of offering the required service.

Already yesterday, I posted a link discussing the mercenary business, with SA mentioned for its previous successes in that - in Africa too.

You have no tangible grounds for your denials my friend. You just want your denials fi be accepted simply because you say "it ain't so".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 17, 2015
DieVluit:

What is your denial based on?

Nothing other than your wish that the evidence already given is not true.

You have no evidence whatsoever that you could base your denial on.

Your denial is bare.

It's already been showed that there are SA mercenaries in Nigeria.

You cannot and have not showed otherwise.
All you can do is give us a bare denial based only on your word.

dude, I've seen articles on mercenaries in nigeria. and even a video of some white folks in the north-east standing beside a pick up van... However, no source from nigeria has confirmed they are south africans. all media platforms in nigeria always quote SA media as the source. .
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2015
DieVluit:

They don't know anything about the platforms based on what grounds?

A mercenary company which wants to be in business will ensure it is capable of offering the required service.

Already yesterday, I posted a link discussing the mercenary business with SA mentions for its previous successes in that - in Africa too.
define a mercenary pls

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:
dude, I've seen articles on mercenaries in nigeria. and even a video of some white folks in the north-east standing beside a pick up van... However, no source from nigeria has confirmed they are south africans. all media platforms in nigeria always quote SA media as the source. .

Is that the sum of your denial?

That no source from nigeria has confirmed such and such?

Really?

Youve built an entire denial on the basis that no source from nigeria has confirmed it? So if you are given links from nigeria on the subject then your entire denial falls apart?

Weak, my friend. Weak.

Anyone can shout: "it ain't so". That's meaningless and bare.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:
define a mercenary pls

Why should I have to define a mercenary?

Explain that please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2015
DieVluit:

Is that the sum of your denial?

That no source from nigeria has confirmed such and such?

Really?

Youve built an entire denial on the basis that no source from nigeria has confirmed it? So if you are given links from nigeria on the subject then you're entire denial fall apart?

Weak my friend. Weak.
oh my, you have comprehension issues.... like I said, I've seen white folks standing beside a pick up truck, they may be SAcans, we don't know, not confirmed..
what I know is, we've deployed F7s and Alpha jets to other countries, we dont need mercenaries to fly them, and mercenaries in nigeria will only be here in grounds of training.
and sadf has no idea about any of our airframes... NA is different from NAF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 17, 2015
DieVluit:

Why should I have to define a mercenary?

Explain that please.
because you're ignorant

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:06am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:
because you're ignorant

Based on which proof that I am ignorant?

Anyone can scream: "ignorant!"

But proving is not as easy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:08am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:

oh my, you have comprehension issues.... like I said, I've seen white folks standing beside a pick up truck, they may be SAcans, we don't know, not confirmed..
what I know is, we've deployed F7s and Alpha jets to other countries, we dont need mercenaries to fly them, and mercenaries in nigeria will only be here in grounds of training.

Your denial is based on the fact that you have seen white folks but no one has confirmed that they are South African?

Please entertain us.

What is your hypothesis? Who are the White folks that you have seen? Nigerians?

You do have a hypothesis, don't you? Cause if you advance a denial and you have no hypothesis, that would be stûpid? So tell us.
Who are they?

They may be south africans? So in other words, you don't have a reason to deny what you have been told other than your further weak argument that South Africans don't know about your airframes?

How do you know that they don't have the knowledge? What is that based on?

Your wish that they don't?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:

I am convinced 100% that, those precision airstrikes were carried out by the former advanced trained SA fighter pilots. Nigerian pilots can never do that, they failed to do it in the past and why only now. No ways, those are our mighty former fighter pilots.

100% Correct

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:

The people who are applauding the exquisite job done by SA mercenaries is your own media and defence. Blame them for twisting facts and not us.
dismissed

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:20am On Feb 17, 2015
FighterPilot:

100% Correct

True's Bob
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:

Incorrect. My point of order is that many SA pilots who could not be granted security of their job in SA due to transformation policies in employment equity act, which required number of white pilots to be reduced and that of black pilots to be increased. Many of them are still very young and some of them joined civilian airlines and some private military firms which is now in your country. These people are used to carry out dirty job at the pay which is more than that of Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:28am On Feb 17, 2015
To tell the truth I was also at some point attempted to resign and join these companies due to the huge sum of money which was involved. Many of our white dudes in the army resigned and requested for the licence from the ministry of defence to serve in Irag and Afghanistan as security personnel, while in the meantime they were also secretly used as mercenaries by the US government of GW Bush. They were paid exorbitant amount of cash that even the US troops from colonels to privates could only dream about. They were way over 12000 in Irag and they ate almost quota of the US budget.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:
so now they arent 'mercenaries' anymore?
they have now metamorphosed overnight from "mercenaries" to "mighty former fighter pilots" just because you think that they fly our warplanes?
your mentality is bizzarely confusing.
why would our pilots that have flown military aircrafts to far away liberia,mali,seirra leone,sudan,somalia etc,have problems with flying fighter jets with the country?
The only obstacle i can see for the NAF is the need to learn how to properly operate,maneover and maintain all our new aircraft platforms in order to acquire enough skills and expertise to fly the new aircrafts that were formally alien to the NAF inventory.
I doubt mercenaries can help with that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:36am On Feb 17, 2015
FighterPilot:
To tell the truth I was also at some point attempted to resign and join these companies due to the huge sum of money which was involved. Many of our white dudes in the army resigned and requested for the licence from the ministry of defence to serve in Irag and Afghanistan as security personnel, while in the meantime they were also secretly used as mercenaries by the US government of GW Bush. They were paid exorbitant amount of cash that even the US troops from colonels to privates could only dream about. They were way over 12000 in Irag and they ate almost quota of the US budget.

It's a good thing that you didn't. See here...

__

SA mercenaries may just fit the bill

January 30 2015 at 06:12pm

The state has warned them, but they are likely to be the only help a Nigerian army – not up to the task of fighting Boko Haram itself – will get, writes Peter Fabricius.

Both International Relations and Co-operation Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane and Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula this week deplored the reported plans by ex-SADF soldiers to help train the Nigerian military to fight the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram.

Mapisa-Nqakula’s reaction was stronger: “I will not call them ex-soldiers; they are mercenaries,” she said, and they would be treated as such. When they returned from Nigeria, they would be arrested and charged under South Africa’s Regulation of Foreign Military Assistance Act.

This legislation, popularly known as the anti-mercenary act, was introduced under the Mbeki administration to deal with soldiers from the apartheid era taking up security guard positions in Iraq and Afghanistan and also joining the British military.

It was invoked to deal with the leaders of the so-called Wonga Coup in 2004, which was masterminded by the former British special forces officer Simon Mann and the ex-South African special forces officer Nick du Toit. Both of them had since launched private security companies. In common parlance, they had become mercenaries.

The aim was, in essence, worthy: to topple the fabulously corrupt, brutal and oppressive regime of Teodoro Obiang Nguema in Equatorial Guinea. Whether the government that replaced him would have been better must remain conjecture, because the coup was thwarted.

Mann flew from South Africa to Harare with a planeload of ex-South Africa special forces to buy weapons for the coup from the Zimbabwean parastatal arms company. They were arrested at the same time as an advance party led by Du Toit was arrested in Equatorial Guinea.

There are strong suspicions that the South African government got wind of Mann and Du Toit’s plans – and even that the coup plotters naively thought Pretoria was turning a blind eye, preferring a white-mercenary-inspired coup to a nasty dictator.

Instead, the South African government didn’t just stop them, according to this account; it allowed them to get caught to send a strong message to future would-be mercenaries.

There is a whiff of Wonga about the current Boko Haram “mercenary” operation. It is whispered that the participants also believed – or perhaps still believe – they had the tacit approval of Pretoria.

Perhaps this would have been a good operation if it had not been disclosed. Now that it is out there, it’s hard to sell because it is so flagrantly incorrect politically, as was the Wonga Coup.

Yet fighting Boko Haram is precisely the sort of dirty operation for which such mercenaries are perfectly suited. Remember how the South African Executive Outcomes private security firm turned the tide against the equally horrid Revolutionary United Front amputating militias in Sierra Leone back in the late 1990s?

No one else is keen to take on Boko Haram. The corrupt and incompetent Nigerian army is floundering, as are its partner countries in the Lake Chad Basin Commission. Boko Haram is high on the agenda of the AU summit taking place in Addis Ababa this week. But it’s not clear whether the AU will come up with a solution for Boko Haram.

The South Africa-inspired rapid response force of volunteer nations with the unwieldy name of African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) is not quite living up to the urgency implied by its title.

Military analysts say tackling Boko Haram was one of the assignments AU military planners envisaged for ACIRC and conducted military exercises for.

But it seems unlikely ACIRC will be deployed against Boko Haram, mostly because Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan cannot countenance foreign soldiers – especially South African ones – coming to his rescue, especially on the eve of elections next month.

Evidently the Economic Community of West African States is planning to put together a force for the task and to seek AU approval of it at the summit.

If that ever materialises, it could take ages.

Meanwhile, the dreaded South African mercenaries are apparently already in the field. This counts as an African solution for an African problem, surely?

* Peter Fabricius is Independent Newspapers’ foreign editor.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2015
EVarn:
so now they arent 'mercenaries' anymore?
they have now metamorphosed overnight from "mercenaries" to "mighty former fighter pilots" just because you think that they fly our warplanes?
your mentality is bizzarely confusing.
why would our pilots that have flown military aircrafts to far away liberia,mali,seirra leone,sudan,somalia etc,have problems with flying fighter jets with the country?
The only obstacle i can see for the NAF is the need to learn how to properly operate,maneover and maintain all our new aircraft platforms in order to acquire enough skills and expertise to fly the new aircrafts that were formally alien to the NAF inventory.
I doubt mercenaries can help with that.

How does Msauza's post stop them from being mercenaries?

What are the mercenaries doing in Nigeria then, per your hypothesis?

Planting trees?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2015
lezz:
hmm, a slumy, swamp rat like you must be feeding your ghetto brains from the cheap drugs Nigerians are stuffing on you.

Uncouth savage and and a 21st century modern puppet shouldn't speak where facts and intellect dwell.

Infact rapist!!!

Unlike you I've never been poor nor have I lived in a slum or ghetto. I'm one of those who will gladly kill any of you flat head foreign parasites selling drugs you fcvhk face.

By the way last time I checked your country is known for eating Ewi/Yei, rat meat so let's not even go there I'll expose your nations eating habits you fool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:58am On Feb 17, 2015
DieVluit:

How does Msauza's post stop them from being mercenaries?

What are the mercenaries doing in Nigeria then, per your hypothesis?

Planting trees?
i do not have the patience to pander to your destabilization tactics.
no one has seen any mercenary in the north east,the video of a white man standing behind a military van doesnt amount to proof.the man could have been a white-skinned nigerian,a fulani man{from the fulani tribe of nigeria} or even a chadian soldier,its open for speculation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2015
iterator24:

The Outcome Executive owned Hind gunships, they effectively used them in Sierra Leone as could also be witnessed in BLOOD DIAMOND movie. Those pilots can fly Pumas, MIGs which are the original version of F7s jets and obviously, they will fly Gazelle. Alpha jets are just nothing to those guys. The specialised trained pilots and special forces of former SA government and the current SANDF are trained to use different platforms and even foreign weapons.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:01am On Feb 17, 2015
EVarn:
i do not have the patience to pander to your destabilization tactics.
no one has seen any mercenary in the north east,the video of a white man standing behind a military van doesnt amount to proof.the man could have been a white-skinned nigerian,a fulani man{from the fulani tribe of nigeria} or even a chadian soldier,its open for speculation.

You do have the patience. What you don't have is an argument.

Is that it? Your entire argument is based on that "no one has seen a mercenary in the north east"? Really? So because of that you can categorically deny the presence of mercenaries?

That's it?

And how on earth would you know who has or has not seen a mercenary anyway? Where and when was your survey?

In the end, the best you can do is say you don't have enough knowledge to either confirm or deny what you have been told.

You can't deny that which you have no knowledge of. You don't know who the white folks are, so on what grounds can you deny that they are mercenaries?

Seeing as you have no knowledge of anything, those who have the knowledge are now telling you - those are South African mercenaries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2015
ThaVluit:
You do have the patience. What you don't have is an argument.
Is that it? Your entire argument is based on that "no one has seen a mercenary in the north east"? Really? So because of that you can categorically deny the presence of mercenaries?
That's it?
Best you can do is say you don't have enough knowledge to either confirm or deny.
You can't deny that which you have no knowledge of.
And seeing as you have no knowledge, those who have the knowledge are now telling you - those are South African mercenaries.
if no one has seen them,then they arent in the north east.
if there are indeed mercenaries in the north east,where are they then?,surely we didnt pay them to bury themselves underground.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:07am On Feb 17, 2015
EVarn:
if there are indeed mercenaries in the north east,where are they then?,surely we didnt pay them to bury themselves underground.

On what grounds cay you say "no one has seen them?". How do you know that?

Simple question.

You have no knowledge of anything.

So you can't advance any categorical denials.

The farthest you can go on your argument is to say that you simply don't know.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2015
EVarn:

Ask iterator who claims to have seen them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:10am On Feb 17, 2015
Msauza:

Ask iterator who claims to have seen them.

Which only serves to show that Evarn could not possibly know who has or has not seen what.

He was just giving us his usual baseless denials.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2015
http://www.laht.com/article.asp?CategoryId=12395&ArticleId=2371772

South Africa to Arrest Mercenaries Fighting in Nigeria against Boko Haram

JOHANNESBURG – South Africa is planning to arrest a group of mercenaries fighting alongside the Nigerian Army against the Boko Haram Jihadist group, South African Defense Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula warned on Thursday.

“There are consequences when somebody leaves the country and provides any form of military assistance that is not part of the government’s deployment,” the South African official said.

At the request of the Nigerian government, several South African ex-military personnel have been training Nigerian soldiers to fight Boko Haram, according to local daily newspaper, Beeld.

Mapisa-Nqakula trusted that their arrest when they return to South Africa will send a message to all South Africans who are serving as soldiers for hire.

The South African Act of Military Assistance Abroad prevents its citizens from participating in wars in other countries, unless they are acting under the authority of the government in Pretoria.

Former members of the South African military have been involved as mercenaries in armed conflicts in countries such as Angola, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

In 2004, a group of mercenaries attempted to lead the failed coup against the dictator of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema.

In addition, soldiers for hire offer protection and security services to private individuals in countries like Iraq and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

After the last war in Gaza, South African authorities warned of possible legal procedures that may be taken against South African citizens with Israeli citizenship who fought for the Israeli Army.

Weakened by corruption and a lack of political will and organization, the Nigerian Army has been unable to cope with the attacks of Boko Haram in the north of the African country, where the group seeks to establish an Islamic fundamentalist state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.