Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4451562 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2012
sweetcheecks:

Ofcourse, how could I miss that you are a drug* pusher. I would rather be unemployed than do your kind of business. grin
I said it from the onset, you're a dimw!t, and an attention seeker.. you're a disgrace to your country if you continue living with that mentality about nigerians. I have students like you in your country so i'm not surprised. You just need re-orientation like the smart ones..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by demmy(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2012
Dilly dallying between Africans. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2012
sheyie2007:
I said it from the onset, you're a dimw!t, and an attention seeker.. you're a disgrace to your country if you continue living with that mentality about nigerians. I have students like you in your country so i'm not surprised. You just need re-orientation like the smart ones..

grin grin grin
Only thing you can teach me is smuggling.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2012
sweetcheecks:

grin grin grin
Only thing you can teach me is smuggling.
Well if your melted brain says so..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
[b]SOMEBODY WITH NEAR ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF ARMY INFANTRY WARFARE POSTED ONE OF THE MOST IGNORANT COMMENTS ON THIS WEBSITE....HE SAID 1,500 NIGERIAN SOLDIERS DIED IN ECOMOG COMBAT OPERATIONS OVER A LONG PERIOD OF 10 YEARS HAND TO HAND COMBAT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT WELL EQUIPPED, THATS IS A VERY LOW CASUALTY RATE IN A JUNGLE WAR, NIGE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BE COMPETENT TO WRITE MILITARY RANKINGS MUST KNOW WAR HISTORY ALL OVER THE WORLD, I SAID THAT BEFORE AND THAT MAN DID NOT LEARN HIS LESSONS.

WAR HISTORY...THOUSANDS OF RUSSIAN SOLDIERS DIED IN THE MODERN DAY WAR WITH MUJAHEDIN REBELS IN AFGHANISTAN WITH ALL THE SOPHISTICATED RUSSIAN T72,Mi24 HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS,MULTIPLE ROCKETS LAUNCHERS,155MM ARTILLERY,ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE ON TUPOLEV JETS, BEST MIG FIGHTER JETS AND ALL, GOOGLE THE HEAVY DEATH TOLL ON THE RUSSIAN INFANTRY. GOOGLE THE DEATH TOLL OF USA MARINES IN SOMALIA BEFORE THEY RAN AWAY, GOOGLE THE CASUALTY RATE BOTH KIA AND MIA OF AMERICANS IN IRAQ, GOOGLE ANGOLAN ARMY DEATH RATE AT THE HANDS OF REBEL SAVIMBI IN THE BUSH WAR.

ISRAELI TOP RATE SPECIAL OPS COMMANDO AND WAR MEDAL WINNER LT.COL NETANYAHU DIED BY ONLY ONE BULLET FROM A UGANDAN AIRPORT GARRISON SOLDIER'S OUT-DATED RIFLE DURING THE ENTEBBE RAID IN UGANDA. WHEN YOU ENGAGE IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT, URBAN WARFARE OR JUNGLE WARFARE, FACING REGULAR ARMY OR RAG TAG MILITIA/REBELS, BOTH SIDES WILL DIE. AN 18 YEAR OLD REBEL WITH AN AK-47 RIFLE IN HIS HAND IS NOT A FOOL, YOU SHOOT AT HIM AND HE FIRES AT YOU, HE MAY HIDE ON TOP OF A TREE WITH LEAVES CAMOUFLAGE AND DO SNIPER FIRING ON A TOP RATE ARMY COLONEL. JUNGLE WARFARE IN ECOMOG DID NOT ALLOW NIGERIAN TANKS/ARTILLERY TO MOVE IN THE AFRICAN RAIN FOREST WITH HUGE JUNGLE TREES 200 FEET HIGH AND DENSELY THICK, OUT ALPHA JETS COULD NOT BE USED AGAINST ENEMY FORCES INSIDE THICK FOREST IN DIFFERENT SECRET CAMP LOCATIONS. SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW LAND WARFARE, THEY THINK A NAVAL RECRUIT RATING/SEAMAN/PETTY OFFICER CAN TALK ABOUT ALL ASPECTS OF LAND/SEA/AIR MILITARY ENGAGEMENTS, NO, IT TAKES A BALANCED ANALYST WHO CONSULTS VARIOUS ARMS OF THE MILITARY AND ASKS OFFICERS ABOVE THE RANK OF CAPTAIN TO ANALYSE THE TOPIC, THEN YOU CAN RANK AFRICA'S STRONGEST MILITARY NATIONS AFTER THEIR COMBINED ANALYSIS IS SUMMARISED.
[/b]

NIGERIAN ARMY CASUALTY RATE IN ECOMOG OPERATIONS IS VERY LOW DUE TO THE BRITISH/INDIAN/USA OFFICERS WE DEPLOYED, WE LOST BY MATHEMATICAL CALCULATION, AN AVERAGE ESTIMATE OF JUST 1 SOLDIER IN 3 DAYS. NO WONDER HE SAID THE BATTLE -AVOIDING SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY WAS BETTER THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY THAT FOUGHT A 500,000 TROOP ENGAGEMENT WITH BIAFRA 1970 END, AN ESTIMATED 40,000 TROOP ENGAGEMENT IN ECOMOG 1999 END, THEN SOMALIA, THEN SUDAN/DARFUR ENGAGEMENT OF SEVERAL BRIGADES 2012 END, AND NEXT WILL BE MALI MAYBE 2013.

ANY COUNTRY THAT BELIEVES IT IS STRONG ENOUGH TO BE AFRICA'S NUMBER ONE MILITARY POWER IN THE SOUTHERN HALF OF AFRICA SHOULD NOT SIT DOWN LIKE A COWARD AND WAIT FOR UNITED NATIONS TO SAVE CONGO DR, MOVE IN THERE AND SILENCE ALL THE RAG TAG ARMIES, SHOW YOUR POWER NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR POWER, WE WANT ACTIONS NOT WORDS , FIGHT AND DIE LIKE MEN ON THE BLOODY BATTLE FIELD, DONT FIGHT WITH YOUR MOUTH ON THIS INTERNET WEBSITE.

NIGERIA COULD NOT WAIT FOR THE UN , WE PRESSURED THE AU TO LET US LAND OUR ARMY IN SUDAN, WE WERE ALREADY DOING COMBAT DRILLS FOR SEMI-DESERT ENGAGEMENT AND PUT 3 NIGERIAN AIRFORCE C130 HERCULES ON STANDBY FOR AIRLIFT TO SUDAN TO STOP THE MASS ABUSE OF WOMEN AND KILLING THERE. ANY NATION SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR THAT WANTS TO GO INTO CONGO DR CAN DO DIPLOMATIC DUE DILIGENCE, GET A UN MANDATE FROM SECURITY COUNCIL AND MOVE 5 ARMY BRIGADES AND 2 AIR FORCE SQUADRONS INTO CONGO DR AND THEN WE WILL RANK THEM AS AFRICA'S MILTARY NUMBER ONE AFTER THEY END THE WAR IN CONGO DR AND THEY WIN THE PEACE 100%.

EARN A BIG RANKING BY DOING BIG THINGS. GREAT NATIONS DO GREAT THINGS. REAL WAR CAPABILITY IS NOT TESTED ON INTERNET, GO TO THE BLOODY BATTLE FIELD TO SHOOT AND BE SHOT AT, THEN WE RANK YOU BASED ON HOW YOU COME OUT OF THE COMBAT ZONE DEAD OR ALIVE !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 16, 2012
agaugust: [b]SOMEBODY WITH NEAR ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF ARMY INFANTRY WARFARE POSTED ONE OF THE MOST IGNORANT COMMENTS ON THIS WEBSITE....HE SAID 1,500 NIGERIAN SOLDIERS DIED IN ECOMOG COMBAT OPERATIONS OVER A LONG PERIOD OF 10 YEARS HAND TO HAND COMBAT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT WELL EQUIPPED, THATS IS A VERY LOW CASUALTY RATE IN A JUNGLE WAR, NIGE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BE COMPETENT TO WRITE MILITARY RANKINGS MUST KNOW WAR HISTORY ALL OVER THE WORLD, I SAID THAT BEFORE AND THAT MAN DID NOT LEARN HIS LESSONS.

WAR HISTORY...THOUSANDS OF RUSSIAN SOLDIERS DIED IN THE MODERN DAY WAR WITH MUJAHEDIN REBELS IN AFGHANISTAN WITH ALL THE SOPHISTICATED RUSSIAN T72,Mi24 HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS,MULTIPLE ROCKETS LAUNCHERS,155MM ARTILLERY,ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE ON TUPOLEV JETS, BEST MIG FIGHTER JETS AND ALL, GOOGLE THE HEAVY DEATH TOLL ON THE RUSSIAN INFANTRY. GOOGLE THE DEATH TOLL OF USA MARINES IN SOMALIA BEFORE THEY RAN AWAY, GOOGLE THE CASUALTY RATE BOTH KIA AND MIA OF AMERICANS IN IRAQ, GOOGLE ANGOLAN ARMY DEATH RATE AT THE HANDS OF REBEL SAVIMBI IN THE BUSH WAR.

ISRAELI TOP RATE SPECIAL OPS COMMANDO AND WAR MEDAL WINNER LT.COL NETANYAHU DIED BY ONLY ONE BULLET FROM A UGANDAN AIRPORT GARRISON SOLDIER'S OUT-DATED RIFLE DURING THE ENTEBBE RAID IN UGANDA. WHEN YOU ENGAGE IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT, URBAN WARFARE OR JUNGLE WARFARE, FACING REGULAR ARMY OR RAG TAG MILITIA/REBELS, BOTH SIDES WILL DIE. AN 18 YEAR OLD REBEL WITH AN AK-47 RIFLE IN HIS HAND IS NOT A FOOL, YOU SHOOT AT HIM AND HE FIRES AT YOU, HE MAY HIDE ON TOP OF A TREE WITH LEAVES CAMOUFLAGE AND DO SNIPER FIRING ON A TOP RATE ARMY COLONEL. JUNGLE WARFARE IN ECOMOG DID NOT ALLOW NIGERIAN TANKS/ARTILLERY TO MOVE IN THE AFRICAN RAIN FOREST WITH HUGE JUNGLE TREES 200 FEET HIGH AND DENSELY THICK, OUT ALPHA JETS COULD NOT BE USED AGAINST ENEMY FORCES INSIDE THICK FOREST IN DIFFERENT SECRET CAMP LOCATIONS. SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW LAND WARFARE, THEY THINK A NAVAL RECRUIT RATING/SEAMAN/PETTY OFFICER CAN TALK ABOUT ALL ASPECTS OF LAND/SEA/AIR MILITARY ENGAGEMENTS, NO, IT TAKES A BALANCED ANALYST WHO CONSULTS VARIOUS ARMS OF THE MILITARY AND ASKS OFFICERS ABOVE THE RANK OF CAPTAIN TO ANALYSE THE TOPIC, THEN YOU CAN RANK AFRICA'S STRONGEST MILITARY NATIONS AFTER THEIR COMBINED ANALYSIS IS SUMMARISED.
[/b]

NIGERIAN ARMY CASUALTY RATE IN ECOMOG OPERATIONS IS VERY LOW DUE TO THE BRITISH/INDIAN/USA OFFICERS WE DEPLOYED, WE LOST BY MATHEMATICAL CALCULATION, AN AVERAGE ESTIMATE OF JUST 1 SOLDIER IN 3 DAYS. NO WONDER HE SAID THE BATTLE -AVOIDING SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY WAS BETTER THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY THAT FOUGHT A 500,000 TROOP ENGAGEMENT WITH BIAFRA 1970 END, AN ESTIMATED 40,000 TROOP ENGAGEMENT IN ECOMOG 1999 END, THEN SOMALIA, THEN SUDAN/DARFUR ENGAGEMENT OF SEVERAL BRIGADES 2012 END, AND NEXT WILL BE MALI MAYBE 2013.

ANY COUNTRY THAT BELIEVES IT IS STRONG ENOUGH TO BE AFRICA'S NUMBER ONE MILITARY POWER IN THE SOUTHERN HALF OF AFRICA SHOULD NOT SIT DOWN LIKE A COWARD AND WAIT FOR UNITED NATIONS TO SAVE CONGO DR, MOVE IN THERE AND SILENCE ALL THE RAG TAG ARMIES, SHOW YOUR POWER NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR POWER, WE WANT ACTIONS NOT WORDS , FIGHT AND DIE LIKE MEN ON THE BLOODY BATTLE FIELD, DONT FIGHT WITH YOUR MOUTH ON THIS INTERNET WEBSITE.

NIGERIA COULD NOT WAIT FOR THE UN , WE PRESSURED THE AU TO LET US LAND OUR ARMY IN SUDAN, WE WERE ALREADY DOING COMBAT DRILLS FOR SEMI-DESERT ENGAGEMENT AND PUT 3 NIGERIAN AIRFORCE C130 HERCULES ON STANDBY FOR AIRLIFT TO SUDAN TO STOP THE MASS ABUSE OF WOMEN AND KILLING THERE. ANY NATION SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR THAT WANTS TO GO INTO CONGO DR CAN DO DIPLOMATIC DUE DILIGENCE, GET A UN MANDATE FROM SECURITY COUNCIL AND MOVE 5 ARMY BRIGADES AND 2 AIR FORCE SQUADRONS INTO CONGO DR AND THEN WE WILL RANK THEM AS AFRICA'S MILTARY NUMBER ONE AFTER THEY END THE WAR IN CONGO DR AND THEY WIN THE PEACE 100%.

EARN A BIG RANKING BY DOING BIG THINGS. GREAT NATIONS DO GREAT THINGS. REAL WAR CAPABILITY IS NOT TESTED ON INTERNET, GO TO THE BLOODY BATTLE FIELD TO SHOOT AND BE SHOT AT, THEN WE RANK YOU BASED ON HOW YOU COME OUT OF THE COMBAT ZONE DEAD OR ALIVE !

You and ur rantings all over again.

It seems u know nothing about south africa's dealings with militia's in Darfour and u think nigeria is the only country that lost soldiers. SANDF has in October this year lost 3 soldies in an ambush by darfour militias supported by Khartoum goverment and 7 in total.

The DRC goverment held talks recently with SADEC security council members and they ask for a military intervention and troop support if negotiations fail with the M23 rebbels. The DRC situation is far different to any other in sub saharan conflicts post colonialism and that's a fact the DRC goverment is facing not only a rebbelion by army mutaneers but always foreign incursions by its hostile neighbors Ruwanda and Uganda telling the world they're just protecting there tutsi minority in DRC while we all know its because of resources.

I've been to DRC for 6 months and I know first hand the problems that nations especially its woman and children faces by the hands of rebbels and even worse its own DRC army who are suppose to protect them. I've seen DRC the after affects of an drc army ill dissipline soldiers looting and raping there own people.

Inorder for foreign troops to assist the drc goverment there first needs to be a request by the DRC goverment such interventions the same way the interim Mali goverment has requested ECOMOG troops.

All MONUC troops mandate is none combating unless fired upon fact.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2012
@AGUAGUST like I said before go and read the UN resolution on DRC which states that troops are not allowed to actively engage rebbels. Ur bullsh*t lies and ranting sentiments has become legendarytongue

On the Somali issue nigerian troops under AMISON in 2007 had only 700 troops and were under Ugandan led command in somalia. U did not even state that 40 SANDF members including the US and France gave training to the AMISON troops prior to the AMISON deployment.

Kenya, Ethiopia and Ugunda are leading the combat against Al shabaab militias and nigeria aren't in combat they were task with protecting Somali interm goverment compound.

Another thing if ur troops fighting in west african states had the right equipement like gunships which is effective in jungle combat situations not to mention SF members and intelligence surveillence teams to asses the enemy streghts and firepower the losses of ur troops would've been less.

No one here disputes the huge contribution nigeria had in stabilising many places in ur region but u should remember that those interventions were in ur own economic stability and regional security aswell so u were obligated to intervene the same way SANDF did in 24hours in Lesotho to stop a armed overthrough of the Lesotho goverment by there army some years ago where we also lost soldiers.

You constantly try to push sentimental points here and avioding critical points yes nigeria has grate conflict and peacekeeping track record and so does SA too. Let's adress the fundamental question here which was who has the stronghest military and equipement on the continent including arms manufacturing that is exported to other countries around the world and stop ur RANTINGS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2012
i did not want to personally address any south african again on this issue, but i am forced to do so now. i had decided to write to the general public only, and just to correct some faulty opinions expressed here.

[b]SOUTH AFRICA HAS A WAY OF MAKING EXCUSES TO AVOID HEAVY COMBAT, AND AS A SOUTH AFRICAN COMMENTATOR, YOU HAVE THE SAME EXCUSE MAKING MANNER AND WAY OF AVOIDING A MORE RESPONSIBLE STANCE AND ACTION ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT. if there is a will there is a way, dont tell me that a congo president will reject an offer to intervene with brigades and squadrons to liberate congo dr. i know all the fact about rwanda/uganda plundering congolese mineral resources, thats newspaper information. south africa avoids diplomatic tact in congo crisis that will open doors for an intervention force with very broad rules of engagement. nigeria was being frustrated by UN/AU on sudan but obasanjo was determined to stop the blood bath and our pressure broke the barrier, we landed in sudan. the sudanese army and supporter of APC militia did not see you as a threat, so they did not go to attack your camp at night with a whole battalion of attackers, they wanted nigeria out of sudan by discouraging us, they know who is the master of land warfare, they attacked the right contingent with heavy force.
[/b]

congo dr is a sovereign state and if it calls for south african full military support, no white man UN can stop him, does israel/USA/britain/france listen to the UN when their security is threatened? no, they act like real powers. they talk about their sovereign rights to take action and protect their selfish national interest. if congo dr asks for full south african forces to engage the invaders, he will not get that support even if he asks, because south africa is a paper tiger that will not go into heavy bloody combat in the hot zones of africa, they will send some soldier boys to show their presence and mark the attendance register, they wont send in brigades and squadrons, because of fear and also their manpower shortage !

i dont like addressing you personally because you use insulting language on this public forum, if you are a south african military man indeed, then you are in the file/junior cadre/NCO, but if you are in the ranks/officer cadre/CO, then you are displaying to all of us, the kind of commanders the south african military produces from their academy. a trained military officer from a good academy speaks and writes with caution and he selects his use of language/words, especially in a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2012
agaugust: i did not want to personally address any south african again on this issue, but i am forced to do so now. i had decided to write to the general public only, and just to correct some faulty opinions expressed here.

[b]SOUTH AFRICA HAS A WAY OF MAKING EXCUSES TO AVOID HEAVY COMBAT, AND AS A SOUTH AFRICAN COMMENTATOR, YOU HAVE THE SAME EXCUSE MAKING MANNER AND WAY OF AVOIDING A MORE RESPONSIBLE STANCE AND ACTION ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT. if there is a will there is a way, dont tell me that a congo president will reject an offer to intervene with brigades and squadrons to liberate congo dr. i know all the fact about rwanda/uganda plundering congolese mineral resources, thats newspaper information. south africa avoids diplomatic tact in congo crisis that will open doors for an intervention force with very broad rules of engagement. nigeria was being frustrated by UN/AU on sudan but obasanjo was determined to stop the blood bath and our pressure broke the barrier, we landed in sudan. the sudanese army and supporter of APC militia did not see you as a threat, so they did not go to attack your camp at night with a whole battalion of attackers, they wanted nigeria out of sudan by discouraging us, they know who is the master of land warfare, they attacked the right contingent with heavy force.
[/b]

congo dr is a sovereign state and if it calls for south african full military support, no white man UN can stop him, does israel/USA/britain/france listen to the UN when their security is threatened? no, they act like real powers. they talk about their sovereign rights to take action and protect their selfish national interest. if congo dr asks for full south african forces to engage the invaders, he will not get that support even if he asks, because south africa is a paper tiger that will not go into heavy bloody combat in the hot zones of africa, they will send some soldier boys to show their presence and mark the attendance register, they wont send in brigades and squadrons, because of fear and also their manpower shortage !

i dont like addressing you personally because you use insulting language on this public forum, if you are a south african military man indeed, then you are in the file/junior cadre/NCO, but if you are in the ranks/officer cadre/CO, then you are displaying to all of us, the kind of commanders the south african military produces from their academy. a trained military officer from a good academy speaks and writes with caution and he selects his use of language/words, especially in a public forum.
You killed it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2012
TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO WANTS TO OBTAIN CORRECT INFORMATION :

between 2001 and 2008, the Nigerian Navy has taken delivery of the following:

FOUR Balsam-class 61m logistics ships

TWO stealth offshore patrol/attack craft, Suncraft Sea Eagle Mk.II STEALTH CAPABILITY

SEVERAL British-made supply vessels

VERY MANY DOZENS of brand new state-of-the art Chinese, US and Singapore-built fast response boats, troop landing craft and gunboats in the
configuration 10m-25m

On 12 April 2009, the Navy commissioned the two Stealth 38-meter Sea Eagle Fast Patrol Crafts (FPCs) - NNS Zaria and NNS Burutu and two new Agusta helicopters procured from Alenia, Italy.

EXPECTED TO ARRIVE SOON :

1,450+ton oceangoing OPVs costs US $260m

TEN More 38m stealth Offshore Patrol and Fast Attack Crafts from Singapore (two versions, the customized versions missile carrying)

SEVERAL Super Dvora and Shaldag gunboats from Israel

200 (TWO HUNDRED) Chinese gunboats and landing craft (200 VESSELS including already delivered units)

TWELVE Agusta A109 Power helicopters

TWELVE Eurocopter AS-550 Fennec naval attack helicopters

FOUR Offshore Patrol Crafts from France

THIRTY gunboats from France

SOUTH AFRICA HAS STEALTH FRIGATE, MAYBE ONE OR TWO I DONT KNOW, BUT THE NIGERIAN NAVY ALSO HAS TWO STEALTH OFFSHORE BLUE WATER PTRAOL CRAFTS AND THERE IS A NEW ORDER FOR ABOUT TEN MORE OF THE STEALTHS, NAVAL AUTHORITIES PLAN FOR ABOUT TOTAL OF 12 STEALTH OFFSHORE PATROL CRAFTS AND IT WILL INCLUDE CUSTOMIZED VERSIONS FOR NAVAL COMBAT TASK FORCE TO SAIL ALONGSIDE FRIGATES, CORVETTES, MINE-SWEEPERS, AND TROOP LANDING SHIPS FOR MAJOR INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS.

if they add the earlier acquired frigates, corvettes, minesweepers and throw the entire massive naval fleet against an invading south africa, can the south african task force mount a naval blockade against such a LARGE AND HIGHLY MOBILE NAVAL FORCE and succeed ? before an aggressor admiral sends his task for to blockade another navy, he researches into the defending sea power so that he does not get a surprise or shock, and how much of the south african navy fleet will be left remaining at home to defend the very long u-shaped coastal line of south africa itself ? will that admiral empty all his naval bases to sail and mount blockade thousands of nautical miles away in nigeria ? how many ships in total does he have ? that south african admiral can only risk it if he did not attend a naval academy before he got his shoulder decorated with senior officer rank insignia.

THE SOUTH AFRICAN NAVY IS NOT SUPERIOR TO THE NIGERIAN NAVY, BOTH FORCES ARE ROUGHLY AT PAR, WITH A NEAR BALANCE OF POWER BETWEEN THEM.

IF YOU DOUBT THIS INFO, VISIT http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/navy-modernization.htm

i have also gone through detailed procurement information about private companies from Germany who are upgrading nigerian navy corvettes with latest electronic warfare systems. there is just too much to write and i dont have all that time to compile details. also, some of them are sensitive and i should be wise about my own country's security information/military intelligence data. also, i cannot just quote the names of senior officers in the nigerian armed forces along with the information i get from them, i cannot expose them to a court martial for a breach of security/leak of classified defence information.

thank you wise readers in the general public.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2012
agaugust: i did not want to personally address any south african again on this issue, but i am forced to do so now. i had decided to write to the general public only, and just to correct some faulty opinions expressed here.

[/b]

What do you mean avoid heavy combat. In sudan SANDF solders deploy to red zones. Yes we use words to secure them but not every problem can be solved with vilonce. The only thing that brought all the partys to the negtion tabel in burindie was the SANDF.

Or how about the DRC where we have solders in Goma when the national DRC army ran away the SANDF remaind behind.

Or Angola where we embarsed the cuban army.

Yes our goverment prevers to talk but warmongering is no way to lead Africa. We need less war here not more.

And by the way elements of the SADC standby brigade may be deployed to the DRC to combat the rebels.

The DRC never asked for help from SA they asked the UN and AU for help.

Some solder boys. We have over 1000 solders in the DRC. Compair that to Angola where we where fighting a war we deployed only 3000 at any given time.

You give senior officers to much credit. Any case I said I have 3 years servisis.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2012
agaugust: TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO WANTS TO OBTAIN CORRECT INFORMATION :

between 2001 and 2008, the Nigerian Navy has taken delivery of the following:

FOUR Balsam-class 61m logistics ships

TWO stealth offshore patrol/attack craft, Suncraft Sea Eagle Mk.II STEALTH CAPABILITY

SEVERAL British-made supply vessels

VERY MANY DOZENS of brand new state-of-the art Chinese, US and Singapore-built fast response boats, troop landing craft and gunboats in the
configuration 10m-25m

On 12 April 2009, the Navy commissioned two 38-meter Sea Eagle Fast Patrol Crafts (FPCs) - NNS Zaria and NNS Burutu and two new Agusta helicopters procured from Alenia, Italy.

EXPECTED TO ARRIVE SOON :

1,450+ton oceangoing OPVs costs US $260m

TEN More 38m stealth Offshore Patrol and Fast Attack Crafts from Singapore (two versions, the customized versions missile carrying)

SEVERAL Super Dvora and Shaldag gunboats from Israel

200(TWO HUNDRED) Chinese gunboats and landing craft (200 VESSELS including already delivered units)

TWELVE Agusta A109 Power helicopters

TWELVE Eurocopter AS-550 Fennec naval attack helicopters

FOUR Offshore Patrol Crafts from France

THIRTY gunboats from France

SOUTH AFRICA HAS STEALTH FRIGATE, MAYBE ONE OR TWO I DONT KNOW, BUT THE NIGERIAN NAVY ALSO HAS TWO STEALTH OFFSHORE BLUE WATER PTRAOL CRAFTS AND THERE IS A NEW ORDER FOR ABOUT TEN MORE OF THE STEALTHS, NAVAL AUTHORITIES PLAN FOR ABOUT TOTAL OF 12 STEALTH OFFSHORE PATROL CRAFTS AND IT WILL INCLUDE CUSTOMIZED VERSIONS FOR NAVAL COMBAT TASK FORCE TO SAIL ALONGSIDE FRIGATES, CORVETTES, MINE-SWEEPERS, AND TROOP LANDING SHIPS FOR MAJOR INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS.

if they add the earlier acquired frigates, corvettes, minesweepers and throw the entire massive naval fleet against an invading south africa, can the south african task force mount a naval blockade against such a LARGE AND HIGHLY MOBILE NAVAL FORCE and succeed ? before an aggressor admiral sends his task for to blockade another navy, he researches into the defending sea power so that he does not get a surprise or shock, and how much of the south african navy fleet will be lest at home to defend the very long u-shaped coastal line of south africa itself ? will that admiral empty all his naval bases to sail and mount blockade thousands of nautical miles away in nigeria ? how many ships in total does he have ? that south african admiral can only risk it if he did not attend a naval academy before he got his shoulder decorated with senior officer rank insignia.

THE SOUTH AFRICAN NAVY IS NOT SUPERIOR TO THE NIGERIAN NAVY, BOTH FORCES ARE AT ROUGHLY PAR, WITH A NEAR BALANCE OF POWER BETWEEN THEM.

IF YOU DOUBT THIS INFO, VISIT http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/navy-modernization.htm

i have also gone through detailed procurement information about private companies from Germany who are upgrading nigerian navy corvettes with latest electronic warfare systems. there is just too much to write and i dont have all that time to compile details. also, some of them are sensitive and i should be wise about my own country's security information/military intelligence data. also, i cannot just quote the names of senior officers in the nigerian armed forces along with the information i get from them, i cannot expose them to a court martial for a breach of security/leak of classified defence information.

thank you wise readers in the general public.

Has I said you got great inshoar patrol boats. SAN has no need for ships of that class and our curren yanky ans xena boats are more than enough for us. We need more long rang ships. Hence project biro.

Most of ships you use are more a marine type ship we only plane of haveing one battlion of mariens.

Has I said before I will say again. Nigeria is a brown water navy a bloody good one but it is limted to costal and inland waters for the most part. I am not saying your navy is bad but it is no blue water force.

We have 4 stealth frigats(while 3 one has engine problems and needs repairs). Not OPV's but full on frigats built to kill other combat ships, aircraft and ships.

Yes I don't see any real comat ships in that order. OPV's are for just that patroling. I don't see any thing with ASW caperbietys or the means to operate at the distance we operate at (or has effectvly). Blokading is no longer sitting in front of a port. You can blokade from over 100km away. Just itercept any mercant ship that comes close.

Only need to protect saldanha to durban. That can be done with strike crafs and a sub.

Most of SA coast is just beach apon beach with zero bays or any thing of importance. Even if you land troops there it just emyty land with nothing in it.

Also all those ships you mentiond most are short range. No means of getting to use.

We not the same in. Yes NN is not worse than SAN but it is not able to fight SAN. This is due to roles. NN is a great brown water force(not in africa but in genrail). SAN is africas best blue water force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kikuyu1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
I was actually totally done with this ish. Ebats over this type of bs are beneath me but I saw this and had to respond.
Heck, you need to worship Angolans and Afro-cubans for defeating your slave masters decisively!! If not for their bravery
The Cubans had their collective arses handed to them repeatedly in Angola. In fact after the last major battle of Cuito Cunavale,which ended in a dreadful defeat'heroic' Castro executed his general.
The motivated SADF destroyed the Cuban infantry in all engagements culminating in the battle of Cuito Cunavale in 1987,which was a stunning defeat for the Cubans. Some called it an African Stalingrad;at any rate 2 years later,Arnaldo Ochoa the commanding general of Cuban forces in Angola was executed in Havana.
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/12/the-real-deal-with-castro.html
So,please,though I known its difficult to stick to facts,don't write utter bs!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2012

[/b]

If I look at your previous posts they do not really reflect what you are preaching about. The kind of language you used was so bitter to the degree of undermining the level of your maturity. In many occasions you appeared to be so unreasonable, so unsound and irrational to the extent that I even suggested medical therapy.

Here are some of the facts for your indulgence:

Military is not judged by the size of its manpower, but by the kind and effectiveness of weaponry they use. In that respect it is indisputable fact that South Africa is well equiped than Nigeria. I would not nor even attempt to argue the strength of SA military against US military, looking into their huge budget, their well trained fighter pilots and their organised logistical support. It is for this reason that most of the third world countries are considered superpowers. Look at Spain which has a sizable population of almost one third of Nigeria's population, but will that arrive to the conclusion that the Spaniards are less powerful than Nigerian military? I know that Nigeria like to compare itself to South Africa in many respects and I bet if you model SA to measure your military strength and economic successes you are aiming too low. You better model the likes of the US and UK, so that tomorrow when you wake up, you will be miles away from SA. That dream will not come easy though, it will be a long tedious process that will require commitment of the highest order by your politicians and sometimes is bound to fail due to a human factor such as greed, corruption, embezzlement and money laundering.

Do not go after what analysts write about Nigeria concerning its possible market explosion that will surpass that of South Africa in 20 what-what to the extent of even being more developed than SA in terms of infrastructure. That is a ghost promise, such information is unreliable and only suggest that South Africa's economy would be stagnant while their Nigerian counterparts flourishes. South Africa possesses a large number of world class economists and expertise, who from time to time advises the Minister in the office of planning, headed by Trevor Manuel about how to expand markets in order to remain economically relevant.
Today, China's economic growth outpace that of the US, but it will be long dream for china to completely beat America in all respect.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
Msauza:

If I look at your previous posts they do not really reflect what you are preaching about. The kind of language you used was so bitter to the degree of undermining the level of your maturity. In many occasions you appeared to be so unreasonable, so unsound and irrational to the extent that I even suggested medical therapy.

Here are some of the facts for your indulgence:

Military is not judged by the size of its manpower, but by the kind and effectiveness of weaponry they use. In that respect it is indisputable fact that South Africa is well equiped than Nigeria. I would not nor even attempt to argue the strength of SA military against US military, looking into their huge budget, their well trained fighter pilots and their organised logistical support. It is for this reason that most of the third world countries are considered superpowers. Look at Spain which has a sizable population of almost one third of Nigeria's population, but will that arrive to the conclusion that the Spaniards are less powerful than Nigerian military? I know that Nigeria like to compare itself to South Africa in many respect and I bet if you model SA to measure your military strength and economic successes you are aiming too low. You better model the likes of the US and UK, so that tomorrow when you wake up, you will be miles away from SA. That dream will not come easy, it will be a long tedious process. Today, China's economy outpace that of the US, but it will be long dream for china to completely beat America in all respect.

He is rather unbalnced is he.

SA does not compair it's self to nigeria we benchmark on NATO countries like germany, UK, Amrica and other countries on the same level like Sweden. Truth betold, we don't care about Nigeria there is nothing to learn from that we can not all ready do better. Where is the Nigerian para troopers, combat divers, C4I2R abieltys extra extra.

Qustion what sytems dose Nigeria have inplace in the event of a NCBR attack and don't say it is secerit. If that the case it has never been tested. SA tested there sytem with exersize before the World cup.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:07am On Dec 17, 2012
CASE CLOSED ! THE THREE OF YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOUR OPINIONS AND I HAVE WRITTEN MY OPINION, LET THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC READ ALL AND JUDGE ALL. CASE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2012
agaugust: CASE CLOSED ! THE THREE OF YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOUR OPINIONS AND I HAVE WRITTEN MY OPINION, LET THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC READ ALL AND JUDGE ALL. CASE CLOSED.

Whay becausr you said so? And some of my qustions still have not been answerd.

Why are you TALKING LIKE THIS?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
agaugust: CASE CLOSED ! THE THREE OF YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOUR OPINIONS AND I HAVE WRITTEN MY OPINION, LET THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC READ ALL AND JUDGE ALL. CASE CLOSED.

Ok, I will judge then.

Your argument does not hold. You are all over with no bases or references for your claims.
grin NOW CASE CLOSED grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by cjrane: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
andrewza:

What do you mean avoid heavy combat. In sudan SANDF solders deploy to red zones. Yes we use words to secure them but not every problem can be solved with vilonce. The only thing that brought all the partys to the negtion tabel in burindie was the SANDF.

Or how about the DRC where we have solders in Goma when the national DRC army ran away the SANDF remaind behind.

Or Angola where we embarsed the cuban army.

Yes our goverment prevers to talk but warmongering is no way to lead Africa. We need less war here not more.

And by the way elements of the SADC standby brigade may be deployed to the DRC to combat the rebels.

The DRC never asked for help from SA they asked the UN and AU for help.

Some solder boys. We have over 1000 solders in the DRC. Compair that to Angola where we where fighting a war we deployed only 3000 at any given time.

You give senior officers to much credit. Any case I said I have 3 years servisis.

I usually don't read this thread because i think it is meaningless. Nigeria and South Africa will never go into an armed conflict so that all the noise in this thread can not be tested. So i see it as pure speculative waste of time.

But i wish to point out a fallacy in your statement "Or Angola where we embarsed the cuban army". This statement is completely false.
The Cubans disgraced SADF and did win the Angolan conflict with MPLA remaining in power and Jonas Savimbi even killed in action.Perhaps you were too young to know the truth or you believed the propaganda they fed you in South Africa.

Indeed, the dismantling of apartheid and release of Dr. Nelson Mandela were part of Cuban demands before they would withdraw their forces and stop killing the then SADF.Indeed if it were not for fear of provoking a major US military intervention, the Cubans had every means of crossing the border into South Africa and sacking the racist regime in Pretoria. The SADF was not any obstacle at all. Have you asked yourself why Cuba (Fidel Castro) was about the first country and world leader that Dr. Mandela visited immediately he was released?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:07am On Dec 18, 2012
cjrane, thank you very much sir, may God bless people like you, amen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2012
cjrane:

I usually don't read this thread because i think it is meaningless. Nigeria and South Africa will never go into an armed conflict so that all the noise in this thread can not be tested. So i see it as pure speculative waste of time.

But i wish to point out a fallacy in your statement "Or Angola where we embarsed the cuban army". This statement is completely false.
The Cubans disgraced SADF and did win the Angolan conflict with MPLA remaining in power and Jonas Savimbi even killed in action.Perhaps you were too young to know the truth or you believed the propaganda they fed you in South Africa.

Indeed, the dismantling of apartheid and release of Dr. Nelson Mandela were part of Cuban demands before they would withdraw their forces and stop killing the then SADF.Indeed if it were not for fear of provoking a major US military intervention, the Cubans had every means of crossing the border into South Africa and sacking the racist regime in Pretoria. The SADF was not any obstacle at all. Have you asked yourself why Cuba (Fidel Castro) was about the first country and world leader that Dr. Mandela visited immediately he was released?

Now let disproof ur falacy.

SADF had only 3 batalions in Angola and the cubans 50000 fact.

The UNITA leader were killed 6 and half years after mandela was released and by then SADF was 7 years already out of angola. Savimvi's death led to a negotiated settlement between UNITA and MPLA fact and had nothing to do with SADF fact.

We know our history If u don't have any facts or truths then just shutup.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2012
cjrane:

Sorry 3000 SA solders fought a cuban/angolan army to a stand still. The ussr spent more money on the Angolan war than in afghanstan. The War ended with a agrement between the super powers that would have all forghine forces withdraw from Angola that included MK and other revloutionary solders. So Angola kind of abandoned the ANC. Nambia/south west africa was a diffrent deal that would allow ellections. Part of that deal was no MK bases would be established.

Of course before any of this was really tested the ANC was unbanded so no longer needed. But at the end of it all more cubans and angolans died than South africans. In a lot of battels more cubans and angolans died than there where south africans taking place in the battel. And SA had a means to keep cuba out of nambia and it was the USSR. They did not want a escoltion of the war in to nuclear exchange. And if cuba enterd Nambia SA would nuke them thuse the war remanid only in Angola.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by cjrane: 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
andrewza:

Sorry 3000 SA solders fought a cuban/angolan army to a stand still. The ussr spent more money on the Angolan war than in afghanstan. The War ended with a agrement between the super powers that would have all forghine forces withdraw from Angola that included MK and other revloutionary solders. So Angola kind of abandoned the ANC. Nambia/south west africa was a diffrent deal that would allow ellections. Part of that deal was no MK bases would be established.

Of course before any of this was really tested the ANC was unbanded so no longer needed. But at the end of it all more cubans and angolans died than South africans. In a lot of battels more cubans and angolans died than there where south africans taking place in the battel. And SA had a means to keep cuba out of nambia and it was the USSR. They did not want a escoltion of the war in to nuclear exchange. And if cuba enterd Nambia SA would nuke them thuse the war remanid only in Angola.

Dude,
Stop spreading falsehood or perhaps that is the propaganda they fed you guys.
SADF forces in Angola was more than 3000.That propaganda figure of 3000 was only given because the South African government was roundly criticized for invading Angola, thus they claimed SADF took a surgical action with only 3000 troops and not invasion of Angola as the OAU had accused them. Indeed,it was the entire South African army that was involved in that Bush war.Nigeria has then made the then OAU to recognize MPLA as the official government of Angola, which provided the apartheid SA government an excuse to claim black African countries had a plan to overthrow their government by military force.As a result of that fear,USA and Britain to backed that SA regime clandestinely with every military hardware in their arsenal.

The Cubans did the Angolan intervention without the knowledge of the Russians. Indeed, it scared the crap out of the Russians who didn't want another confrontation with America soon after their cuban missile crisis. Indeed, at a point, Fidel Castro was so fed up fighting tit for tat with SADF, that he had wanted to ask his forces to cross into South Africa and sack the apartheid regime. United States warned that advance of communism in Africa would not be tolerated and thus, such action by communist cuba would trigger a massive US military intervention to protect the south African government which US was already clandestinely supporting at the time. The US threat forced the Cubans to back down.Indeed, following the SADF defeat and retreat, it was the OAU that persuaded Angola to ask the Cubans to leave fearing the USSR might use Angola as a foothold to spread communism in the continent.
Again, South Africa NEVER possessed nuclear weapons, so your assertion that the Cubans didn't enter Namibia for fear of some phantom nukes is simply laughable. I have told you it was the US threat and the reluctance of the Russians to be sucked into a confrontation with America by Fidel Castro that removed the gas from Castro from chasing the defeated and retreating SADF into Pretoria.
Read about the decisive Battle of Quifangondo which was the downfall the SADF never recovered

See all the accounts on the Angola war testify that the SADF and FNLA & UNITA were forced to retreat by the victorious Cuban forces. Stop spreading falsehood here. It is just 30 years ago that all these happened.

http://www.terryaspinall.com/03merc/angola/castros-war-robert-moss.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_intervention_in_Angola
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
I really don't know whether I should laugh at the above post or cry.

Wikipedia is that ur credibility as a sourcegrin

The cubans never had the means to invade SA because SADF had over 450,000 conscripts including reserves.

Did wikipedia tell u that SADF was rated as the 10 largest military power at that point and had a nuclear deterent against the USSR.

Once again stop talking sh*t because the USSR deployed MIG29's against SA and at the time had airial superiority against SADF up untill the advent of SADF's deployment of CHEETAH fighter late at the end of the war.

Another thing u failed to tell us that in 80% of all ground asaults against SADF the cubans and there USSR T-55's lost against SA's Eland Armoured cars because of its high mobility and that the Eland is still considered today as one of the worlds best high mobility fighter craft.

Contary to what ur claim is propaganda here SADF did have only 3 batalions at a time in Angola even the useless source wiki.... has several reverences to thus.

Cuba never had the military means of attacting SA and even if they tried they wouldve faced arguebly the worlds best artilary guns at that time and this would've also esculated into a regionwide war including nuclear fallout on Angolan soil fact.

There are 100's of different opions on that bush war and the majority of them are contary to ur statement we can debate this till there's another boko attact in northern naija the fact remains the cubans and russians lost more lives and hardware protecting angola then in any other post WWII conflict including afghanistan USSR invation fact.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
cjrane:

Dude,
Stop spreading falsehood or perhaps that is the propaganda they fed you guys.
SADF forces in Angola was more than 3000.That propaganda figure of 3000 was only given because the South African government was roundly criticized for invading Angola, thus they claimed SADF took a surgical action with only 3000 troops and not invasion of Angola as the OAU had accused them. Indeed,it was the entire South African army that was involved in that Bush war.Nigeria has then made the then OAU to recognize MPLA as the official government of Angola, which provided the apartheid SA government an excuse to claim black African countries had a plan to overthrow their government by military force.As a result of that fear,USA and Britain to backed that SA regime clandestinely with every military hardware in their arsenal.

The Cubans did the Angolan intervention without the knowledge of the Russians. Indeed, it scared the crap out of the Russians who didn't want another confrontation with America soon after their cuban missile crisis. Indeed, at a point, Fidel Castro was so fed up fighting tit for tat with SADF, that he had wanted to ask his forces to cross into South Africa and sack the apartheid regime. United States warned that advance of communism in Africa would not be tolerated and thus, such action by communist cuba would trigger a massive US military intervention to protect the south African government which US was already clandestinely supporting at the time. The US threat forced the Cubans to back down.Indeed, following the SADF defeat and retreat, it was the OAU that persuaded Angola to ask the Cubans to leave fearing the USSR might use Angola as a foothold to spread communism in the continent.
Again, South Africa NEVER possessed nuclear weapons, so your assertion that the Cubans didn't enter Namibia for fear of some phantom nukes is simply laughable. I have told you it was the US threat and the reluctance of the Russians to be sucked into a confrontation with America by Fidel Castro that removed the gas from Castro from chasing the defeated and retreating SADF into Pretoria.
Read about the decisive Battle of Quifangondo which was the downfall the SADF never recovered

See all the accounts on the Angola war testify that the SADF and FNLA & UNITA were forced to retreat by the victorious Cuban forces. Stop spreading falsehood here. It is just 30 years ago that all these happened.

http://www.terryaspinall.com/03merc/angola/castros-war-robert-moss.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_intervention_in_Angola

What propergader. Would you not think that the ANC goverment would have made public knowlege the info when they took power.

The west provided limted suport. No harware that we did not all ready have hell they untia rebels stingers(gone missing probaly ended up being used against them) but refused to give us. Then when the war became unpolicaly acceptbil they abonded us.

Yes cuba went in with out mosscow aprovil. They where bot hapy. But in the end they suport the war with money and matrial. They all so had advicers.

SA nukes is well documented and the dismantling took place vounarly and in front of international observers. Your lake of knowlge on this is shocking for some one who claims to be a expert.

The SADF never lost a battel in Angola. There where some they never won but evn in those the inflected heavy losses on the enemy and got out has a fully intacked unit.

Or lake of knowlege on this subject is scary.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by cjrane: 1:41am On Dec 19, 2012
snydergp: I really don't know whether I should laugh at the above post or cry.

Wikipedia is that ur credibility as a sourcegrin

The cubans never had the means to invade SA because SADF had over 450,000 conscripts including reserves.

Did wikipedia tell u that SADF was rated as the 10 largest military power at that point and had a nuclear deterent against the USSR.

Once again stop talking sh*t because the USSR deployed MIG29's against SA and at the time had airial superiority against SADF up untill the advent of SADF's deployment of CHEETAH fighter late at the end of the war.

Another thing u failed to tell us that in 80% of all ground asaults against SADF the cubans and there USSR T-55's lost against SA's Eland Armoured cars because of its high mobility and that the Eland is still considered today as one of the worlds best high mobility fighter craft.

Contary to what ur claim is propaganda here SADF did have only 3 batalions at a time in Angola even the useless source wiki.... has several reverences to thus.

Cuba never had the military means of attacting SA and even if they tried they wouldve faced arguebly the worlds best artilary guns at that time and this would've also esculated into a regionwide war including nuclear fallout on Angolan soil fact.

There are 100's of different opions on that bush war and the majority of them are contary to ur statement we can debate this till there's another boko attact in northern naija the fact remains the cubans and russians lost more lives and hardware protecting angola then in any other post WWII conflict including afghanistan USSR invation fact.

Stop being ridiculous. Wikipedia isn't the only source there.Unless you have suddenly developed eye problems.

I am neither cuban nor south african. I would gladly not raise the issue of victors had south africa won. But Cuba kicked the bossom of the south africans. Every historical source had the same account of which side won. Indeed, the fact that the MPLA which the south Africans sought to remove still control Angola till date is enough proof of who the victors were.
You can peruse as many sources as you like for any difference in the wikipedia conclusion of which side won the Angola war.

http://www.sa-soldier.com/data/06_sadflinks/UsedPDFs/From_a_Cuban_perspective.pdf

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-29248.html

http://links.org.au/node/483

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php?topic=18633.5;wap2

http://www.rhodesia.nl/cuito.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ebere1712: 4:37am On Dec 19, 2012
It is only an imb.ec.ile that thinks he can win a war in Nigeria. No man born of a woman can do that. As long as Nigeria remains undivided, no man pink, chink or blek can win a war in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 19, 2012
ebere1712: It is only an imb.ec.ile that thinks he can win a war in Nigeria. No man born of a woman can do that. As long as Nigeria remains undivided, no man pink, chink or blek can win a war in Nigeria.

Bwahahahahahaha

What the hell happened to your Igbocentric rants?? - You're proudly Nigerian now, isn't it??

You need to exhibit this trait more often... grin wink
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 19, 2012
South Africans and their lies - you had the support of all the western countries, yet the Cubans whopped your ar.ses in Africa...

Map of the border war again(The Cubans almost invaded your country lol):

www.nairaland.com/attachments/916785_angola_png264c71d6f39a5603de51a1b44eb43799

Conscripts into SADF for the war:

Almost all white, male South Africans now between the ages of around 35 and 60 donned the nutria brown uniform of the South African Defence Force (SADF). Between 1967 and 1994, approximately 600,000 young men were conscripted to perform national service, or diensplig. Failure to do so meant harsh penalties. The alternatives were to object on conscientious (actually religious) grounds and face a six-year jail sentence, or to flee the country.
http://www.historytoday.com/gary-baines/south-africa%E2%80%99s-forgotten-war
[quote][/quote]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ebere1712: 5:16am On Dec 19, 2012
hypeman:

Bwahahahahahaha

What the hell happened to your Igbocentric rants?? - You're proudly Nigerian now, isn't it??

You need to exhibit this trait more often... grin wink
As long as Nigeria remains as one. Get It. If CHUKWU gets involved in the war. All mankind,slaves and devils must bow. It is because of you people that pinks, chinks, and bleks can come here and yan dust. Bow to CHUKWU cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 19, 2012
ebere1712:
As long as Nigeria remains as one. Get It. If CHUKWU gets involved in the war. All mankind,slaves and devils must bow. It is because of you people that pinks, chinks, and bleks can come here and yan dust. Bow to CHUKWU cool

Bwahahahaha - you remind me of ak47mann and ikeymann00... grin

We might as well forget about Biafra and focus on Nigeria since the "pinks, chinks, and bleks" have started waging wars against us, bruddah... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.