Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4457229 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
saengine:
MYTH OF 9 SAAF GRIPEN PILOTS SMASHED - PART 2

Pic 1 - Blokkies "Cobra" Joubert. Test and operational pilot

Pic 2 - Another Gripen pilot. Did a solo display at AAD 2014.

That is a total of 15 Gripen pilots purely from pics

Ball is now in Nigeria's court. Show us (with proof) which of these pilots no longer fly for the SAAF. You were brave enough to say 18 aircrew = 9 pilots. So be brave again, show us which of these pilots no longer fly, giving you a total of 9 pilots.
Reserve pilot.

He's the guy test flying the AHRLAC aircraft.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nutuk:
[img]http://kokpit.aero//image/data/P1120961.JPG[/img]

And to answer on the discussion whether these are Nigerian students I cannot really confirm but I know that Nigerian military students are trained in Turkey and the uniforms they are wearing are Turkish cadet uniforms. So it is impossibile to tell from uniform whether they are Nigerian of Somali, but they do not look like Ethiopians and Somalians to me (again I am not sure)

But those have nothing to do with Nigeria sir. They are rather Somalis.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
NIGERIA IS = ZIMBABWE. NO MONEY AT ALL, THE GAUGE IS EMPTY.

NO MONEY TO EVEN PAY GOVERNMENT WORKERS.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-33239258

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
FighterPilot:

But those have nothing to do with Nigeria sir. They are rather Somalis.

Cadet walking alone looks Somali-Ethiopian. Cadet standing with colleague, the one on left hand is too huge to be Somali, more like a West African.

Nobody knows.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
lezz:
[ote author=jln115 post=35014262]
We didnty to build Santon we actually built it ,just like we build Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, PE, Centurion ect ect all of these Cities are 100X better than any City in Nigeria!

Another fact is that there are way way way more people living in poverty and in slums in Nigeria than in SA, Also Khayelitsha is not the second largest slum in the world, although it might be one of the largest it also has electricity and running water supplied to ALL its residents...Free of charge of course !

you entertain me real good. What do you mean by "we"? Zulu please, Europeans mapped out and built those cities you mentioned way back when your lots were running around Bantu mountains half unclad with long spears and broken teeth caught in primitive facial smirks.

Fast forward to 2015 and all your European cities are turning into broken sites like Chicago. Jo Burg is a shadow of its past as whites flee into its suburb of Sandton, away from barbaric Zulus shocked
Of the 80% of blacks in South africa's roughly 50 million only 15% made it out in the middle class.

Nigga, do i need to remind you S.A is the world's most unequal country?

Fvcking sewer pipe.
Turning into Chicago? We are spending more on infrastructure than any other country in Africa, we are ranked 32 in the world regarding infrastructure, which is higher than any of the other BRICS nations BTW.

And calling me a Zulu the whole time isn't going to change the fact that I'm a white Afrikaner!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
agaugust:

Cadet walking alone looks Somali-Ethiopian. Cadet standing with colleague, the one on left hand is too huge to be Somali, more like a West African.

Nobody knows.

Those are Somalis sir.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
jln115:

T
urning into Chicago? We are spending more on infrastructure than any other country in Africa, we
and after 24 years of infrastructural development in Soweto giant rats still eat human babies for breakfast.
are ranked 32 in the world regarding infrastructure, which is higher than any of the other BRICS nations
south Africa is the briquette in BRIC grin BTW.

And calling me a Zulu the whole time isn't going to change the fact that I'm a white Afrikaner!!
your IQ is Zulu grade.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nutuk:

And to answer on the discussion whether these are Nigerian students I cannot really confirm but I know that Nigerian military students are trained in Turkey and the uniforms they are wearing are Turkish cadet uniforms. So it is impossibile to tell from uniform whether they are Nigerian of Somali, but they do not look like Ethiopians and Somalians to me (again I am not sure)

No offence man but those are definitely Somali it was proven a long time ago. They aren't Nigerian. I'll post a link in a few minute.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
agaugust:

I have always told people not to ignore the good maneuverability of the JF-17, it is one of it's advantages over the Gripen in dog fight.

The JF-17 behaves like a guided missile in the air !
How is it more maneuverable? The Gripen has a way lower wing loading, better climb rate, better G force endurance.

Honestly! Do you even think before you post bullshit like this?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
lezz:
your IQ is Zulu grade.
And by Zulu grade you mean 130+.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
lezz:
your IQ is Zulu grade.
I guess Zulu grade remains higher than Igbo sh@iiting on your brain grade
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
saengine:
I've been lazy to do this....but I have time on my hands today.

MYTH OF 9 SAAF GRIPEN PILOTS SMASHED

Pic 1 - Gripen pilots who took part in Presidential Inauguration flypast 2009. Pic by SAAF photographer Christo Crous titled "2 Squadron Gripen pilots". Taken from his facebook page.

Pics 2,3,4 - More Gripen pilots who ALL took part in Exercise Lion Effort 2012

Your numbers still do not add up. There is no evidence you have above 9 Qualified Gripen Pilots. Of that number, which of them are navigators, the photos of those Grand pa's, no evidence they are still flying. Again it still proves our point, the SANDF has the world's oldest soldiers.

Thank you for triple shooting your soweto foot.

[color=#990000]Now, provide evidence that the SAAF has more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots? Thank you.[/color]

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nutuk:

www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1505103&page=28

Those are definitely Somali Cadets. There's a source to prove it, it has multiple pictures of Somalis wearing that Uniform.

So you and @agaugust can just sit the f*ck down.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
jln115:

And by Zulu grade you mean 130+.
grin we are talking about the IQ grade that couldn't manage their economy, leaving for 5% white settlers to own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
jln115:

Turning into Chicago? We are spending more on infrastructure than any other country in Africa, we are ranked 32 in the world regarding infrastructure, which is higher than any of the other BRICS nations BTW.

Lol I've realised that many of the people who are accused of being Zulu aren't even Zulu, these slowpoke tend to forget that we have level official languages in S.A and we have more than 15 different Cultures here.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
DictatorZAR:

I guess Zulu grade remains higher than Igbo sh@iiting on your brain grade
Zulu grade IQ is restricted to bestial sensual pleasures and docility grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
Henry120:

Your numbers still do not add up. There is no evidence you have above 9 Qualified Gripen Pilots. Of that number, which of them are navigators, the photos of those Grand pa's, no evidence they are still flying. Again it still proves our point, the SANDF has the world's oldest soldiers.

[color=#990000]Now, provide evidence that the SAAF has more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots? Thank you.[/color]

I won't even wonder if you can even dispute in heaven that your name was ever HENRY. Even with an open evidence in pictures you still deny that those are still pilots.

For your information, there are many pilots who are being placed on gripens platform so far. We don't know much about their daily activities and to conclude that they are doing nothing is still flawed because whenever they do not have fuel to fly gripens to accumulate enough hours they all blow the trumpet for all to hear.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Centrifude:

WooooooooooW!!!!! LMFAO That's your interpretation of a Vertical Takeoff

Now I realise that what Patches has been saying about you is true, you just claim sh*t and you expect people to believe you.

That's not a Vertical takeoff because the plane was already in the air, when it moved vertically.

We all know how you see the JF-17 as a Godly plane but the fact is it can't do what you're saying.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VTOL_aircraft

There's a list of a many of the known Aircraft capable of Vertical Takeoff.

Patches689, please educate your fellow soweto dullard, he is down too deep, i don't think i can help him. LOL!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
FighterPilot:

I won't even wonder if you can even dispute in heaven that your name was ever HENRY. Even with an open evidence in pictures you still deny that those are still pilots.

For your information, there are many pilots who are being placed on gripes platform so far. We don't know much about their daily activities and to conclude that they are doing nothing is still flawed because whenever they do not have furl to fly gripen to accumulate enough hours.

I didn't say they are doing nothing, how do you think they got to 9 in the first place?

Fighterpilot, make SAAF proud, prove you have more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
lezz:
grin we are talking about the IQ grade that couldn't manage their economy, leaving for 5% white settlers to own.
You mean the economy that is much more sophisticated and advanced than any other country in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
Henry120:

I didn't say they are doing nothing, how do you think they got to 9 in the first place?

Fighterpilot, make SAAF proud, prove you have more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots?
26-12=14
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
Henry120:

You can do yourself a favour and save YOUR own time by not ever replying to my posts again, if you're going to drop this rub.bish and run away like a little bi.tch boy.

I have shown you 15 Gripen pilots taken from 2009 up until 2014. The other day you said we have 9 Gripen pilots total, BUT ONLY 6 are qualified. It is YOU who said we have 9 pilots. You never got that info from the SAAF, Defenceweb, Janes Defence....etc. YOU took a number of 18 aircrew, divided by 2, and said we have 9 pilots.

Now kindly show us which of the 15 pilots in the pics (infact let us even say 14, since Blokkies Joubert is a reserve pilot) have left the SAAF, bringing the total number to 9 Gripen pilots. If you are unable to do that, dont even waste energy moving a finger to reply.

You think you are being smart by now asking for proof of more than "9 qualified pilots"? You yourself said we have 9 total....6 qualified.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Patchesagain:

Jf-17 is not more maneuverable

Radar look down range for the grip is unconfirmed

Apart from the JF-17 s range - Gripen is better in every way you yourself admit it
JF-17 comes with a DSI as a basic design property right from conception stage. Manoeuvrability is at it's core.

It is confirmed, your on source shows the look down range.

The Gripen Block 2 is only slightly better than the JF-17 Block 1. You paid $68 million for a plane that is just only better than a JF-17 block 1.

You should be ashamed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
jln115:
26-12=14
Cool story bro, that number still doesn't add up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Patchesagain:

ANd yet the Gripen has a better thrust/weight ratio

Jf-17 is trash - runs on a civilian grade operating system ffs

Just a single digit, quite insignificant really. Or are you saying that single digit thrust is worth $35 million
more?

The JF-17's C++ programing is an advantage for the fighter. It is easy to debug and write. Hell, even the F-35 runs on C++ programing.

Gripen runs on ADA, not a difficult language either.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
saengine:

You can do yourself a favour and save YOUR own time by not ever replying to my posts again, if you're going to drop this rub.bish and run away like a little bi.tch boy.

I have shown you 15 Gripen pilots taken from 2009 up until 2014. The other day you said we have 9 Gripen pilots total, BUT ONLY 6 are qualified. It is YOU who said we have 9 pilots. You never got that info from the SAAF, Defenceweb, Janes Defence....etc. YOU took a number of 18 aircrew, divided by 2, and said we have 9 pilots.

Now kindly show us which of the 15 pilots in the pics (infact let us even say 14, since Blokkies Joubert is a reserve pilot) have left the SAAF, bringing the total number to 9 Gripen pilots. If you are unable to do that, dont even waste energy moving a finger to reply.

You think you are being smart by now asking for proof of more than "9 qualified pilots"? You yourself said we have 9 total....6 qualified.

Exactly 6, been evidence provided by your own M.P( David maynier, the former submariner), until contrary evidence was provided.

Quit been emotional, provide sound evidence, distinguish the Pilots from the Navigators, how many of those in that photo are actually qualified? Simple.

Answer and quit ranting.

We all agree that you have 18 Gripen Air crew, however until actual facts are provided, there is no evidence that the SAAF has above 9 or which of them are trainee or actual pilots/navigators.

Provide proof that they have been winged and stop b1tching about?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Henry120:

Cool story bro, that number still doesn't add up.
How doesn't it add up? Are you fvcking retarded?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
jln115:

You mean the economy that is much more sophisticated and advanced than any other country in Africa.
no, I mean the economy that has been displaced to number 2 with a near stagnant growth - thanks to 0 Zulu imput grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
Henry120:

At present the SAAF can only muster six qualified Gripen pilots who only have 150 flying hours available across the whole Gripen squadron this year, according to Maynier. The annual target for fighter flying hours was 250 for the 2011/2012 period, according to the Department of Defence’s most recent Annual Report.

http://defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29831:a-dozen-saaf-gripens-in-long-term-storage35:Aerospace

SAAF only has 6 qualified Gripen Pilots, and only 9 Gripen Pilots of a total Gripen crew of 18.

June 16. 12:26 pm. Page 2290

-Chief of the South African Air Force, Henry 120 states that we only have 9 Gripen pilots of which, only 6 are qualified.

-He is shown evidence that there are physically more than 9 Gripen pilots.

-After choking on his coffee, he now demands proof that we have more than "9 qualified pilots". Utter utter desperation.

-Let him show us which of the 14/15 pilots shown no longer fly in the SAAF. Let him show us who makes up the famous number 9.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Henry120:

Just a single digit, quite insignificant really. Or are you saying that single digit thrust is worth $35 million
more?

The JF-17's C++ programing is an advantage for the fighter. It is easy to debug and write. Hell, even the F-35 runs on C++ programing.

Gripen runs on ADA, not a difficult language either.
Gripen has way way way lower wing loading than your Junk Fighter, also throw in the fact that the Gripen has moveable canards makes it not only more maneuverable than your JF but also more maneuverable than almost any fighter on the market.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
saengine:

June 16. 12:26 pm. Page 2290

-Chief of the South African Air Force, Henry 120 states that we only have 9 Gripen pilots of which, only 6 are qualified.

-He is shown evidence that there are physically more than 9 Gripen pilots.

-After choking on his coffee, he now demands proof that we have more than "9 qualified pilots". Utter utter desperation.

-Let him show us which of the 14/15 pilots shown no longer fly in the SAAF. Let him show us who makes up the famous number 9.

Why don't you quit this rabble-rousing, show us evidence that they have been winged?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
Centrifude:

www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1505103&page=28

Those are definitely Somali Cadets. There's a source to prove it, it has multiple pictures of Somalis wearing that Uniform.

So you and @agaugust can just sit the f*ck down.

Not the same cadets exactly, where is the tall huge guy that does not look Somali, the big man with the West African stature?

Do you have all their names and I.D.s ?

E-fool cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.