Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,748 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4466609 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
Turkey is helping rebuild Somalia. A well known fact.

http://www.somalilandpress.com/in-pictures-turkey-begins-training-somali-forces/

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
agaugust:

Except that the sources do not say Somalis are the only blacks training in Turkey.

E-fool

Oops!!! You ate your words like a humble pie.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
saengine:

Continued...

Pic 1: This pilot flew a solo display at AAD 2014. That's where this pic is from.He is not a navigator and not even Liberia's Air Force will let a "trainee/unqualified" pilot do high G manuevers over a crowd of 50 000 people.

Pic 2: Like i said this pic came from Christo Crous, an official photographer IN the SAAF. It was titled "2 Squadron pilots" and was taken just before the 2009 Inaugural flypast. Pilot in the middle (black guy) is Commander of 2 Squadron. Experienced fighter pilot, not navigator.

That brings us to 9 pilots. Now...ALL the other people in the 2nd pic will have to be navigators if you are right. During the 2009 flypast only the black pilot flew, and the rest of them were clinging on to the outside of the Gripen? Was it a "1 jet" flypast?

What does your common sense tell you about the rest of those men in pic 2? All navigators? Or basic trainees who barely know how to fly in a straight line?

Keep in mind many Gripen pilots were transferred from the Cheetah program. So tell us...the rest of the people in pic 2 are not Gripen pilots?

Stop wasting your time and provide evidence that the SAAF has more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots.

I can show you Fmr.President GEJ in Airforce uniform, does that translate to him been a winged officer?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nutuk: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
mzilakazi:
Somalian Air force cadets in Turkey.

Somalians turned Nigerian Air force cadets in Turkey.

http://somalianewsroom.com/2014/10/24/putting-the-puzzle-together-what-does-the-future-hold-for-somalias-military-forces/somali-air-force-cadets-in-turkey/

Very strange that Somaliannewsroom claim them air force cadets, they all wear the land forces uniforms.

Here is a picture with 3 African cadets in Turkish uniforms from left to right: white = navy, green = land forces, blue = airforce
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 12:28am On Jun 24, 2015
For the dull zulu brains.

ABUJA – THE immediate past Minister/
Deputy Chairman National Planning
Commission (NPC) Dr. Abubakar
Olanrewaju Sulaiman, Tuesday faulted
claims by President Muhammadu Buhari
that his administration met an empty
treasury. Suleiman said the former administration as
at May 29 left behind the sum of US$
30billion
, adding that the sum would have
been higher if not the governors insistence
on sharing the fund.
He warned that the former President, Dr.
Goodluck Jonathan must not be criminalized
and painted a plunderer and looter of the
nation’s treasury before the generality of
Nigerians.
The clarification was in response to the
President’s statement during an interactive
session with journalists in Abuja, where he
was quoted to have said that his
government met “virtually an empty
treasury.”
President Buhari reportedly said that it was
adding a disgrace that Nigeria cannot pay
salaries of its workforce.
Expressing his dismay over the President’s
statement, Sulaiman in a statement in Abuja
described the report as “unscientific and
unfair”, stressing that the immediate past
administration “left behind close to US$
30billion.”

He said, “Government can’t tell us that there
is no Excess Crude Account(ECA), Sovereign
Wealth Fund(SWF) or are we saying the
Federal Inland Revenue Service(FIR) and
related agencies had not in the last one
month been generating revenue?
“Until they are able to prove they had no
receipts from these government agencies in
the last one month before Nigerians can
now buy into Mr. President’s claims of an
empty treasury.”
He recalled that under the Jonathan’s
administration,Nigeria was rated the largest
economy in Africa and 26th largest in the
world, querying how come such a
government would leave behind an empty
treasury.
He said”Money made by government is
meant to be spent, and this the immediate
past administration did responsibly. Every
government, even in the so-called western
world, including the US which today
remains one of the largest debtor nations in
the world,
government operates on deficit.
“Is it not on record that President Obama
inherited US$3 triillion debt, a collapsed
banking sector and mortgage industry,yet
he never raised any alarm. None of these
has happened in Nigeria under Jonathan.
“Under Jonathan,Nigeria became the largest
Africa economy and 26th in the world
amidst deadly security challenges and
dwindling international prices of oil. In spite
of all these, the FG never owed salary.
“Upon inception of Jonatha’s administration,
it is on record that the price of oil at the
global stage was over 100 dollars per barrel
and at the close of the administration, it
dropped to 46dollars. Yet, there wasn’t
collapse of government and federal civil
servants were paid as at when due.
“It will be misleading therefore for our
respected President Muhammadu Buhari
and indeed the ruling APC to claim to have
met an empty treasury.”
He further reminded the new government
that “aspiration to governance is a call of
meeting and confronting challenges
headlong. So, we urge the APC-led
government to hit the ground running as
promised Nigerians by confronting the
challenges.
“We are not in doubt of the capability of Mr.
President to do it. He should therefore get to
business, put in place structures and
personnel to redeem the pledges made to
the Nigeria.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ex-minister-faults-buhari-on-empty-treasury-says-jonathan-left-about-us30bn/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:45am On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

Stop wasting your time and provide evidence that the SAAF has more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots.

I can show you Fmr.President GEJ in Airforce uniform, does that translate to him been a winged officer?

Brain freeze. Ability to think demolished.
If you want to shift goal posts and run away like a little b*tch boy, and not debate like a proud man then so be it. I also wont waste anymore time with this.

You said we have 6 qualified Gripen pilots, and TOTAL of 9 pilots from 18 aircrew. TOTAL of 9...you said. If you had been a man, instead of a cowardly boy the topic of qualification was 2nd on the list. But you have proven that you cant even bring yourself to admit you were wrong about the TOTAL number of pilots being 9. All the evidence i showed about TOTAL number of pilots being greater than 9 is easily verifiable. Post those pics on avcom.co.za, saairforce.co.za, flyafrika.net etc etc and you'll get your answer that those are indeed SAAF Gripen pilots.

Now out of the blue you want proof that there are more than 9 QUALIFIED Gripen pilots, when initially you said we have no more than 9 TOTAL, of which 6 are qualified.

Like i say, issue of qualification was next. But let me not waste any more time on a cowardly little b*tch who cant admit to his own mistakes. Infact it wasnt a mistake, you pulled the number 9 Gripen pilots completely out of your a.ss

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:55am On Jun 24, 2015
R500 000 per missile....or so i was told. 3 tube Ingwe launcher on the Ratel IFV has been increased to a 4 tube launcher on the Badger IFV. Interesting how the design architecture is completely different.

7 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:09am On Jun 24, 2015
lionel4power:
For the dull zulu brains.

ABUJA – THE immediate past Minister/
Deputy Chairman National Planning
Commission (NPC) Dr. Abubakar
Olanrewaju Sulaiman, Tuesday faulted
claims by President Muhammadu Buhari
that his administration met an empty
treasury. Suleiman said the former administration as
at May 29 left behind the sum of US$
30billion
, adding that the sum would have
been higher if not the governors insistence
on sharing the fund.
He warned that the former President, Dr.
Goodluck Jonathan must not be criminalized
and painted a plunderer and looter of the
nation’s treasury before the generality of
Nigerians.
The clarification was in response to the
President’s statement during an interactive
session with journalists in Abuja, where he
was quoted to have said that his
government met “virtually an empty
treasury.”
President Buhari reportedly said that it was
adding a disgrace that Nigeria cannot pay
salaries of its workforce.
Expressing his dismay over the President’s
statement, Sulaiman in a statement in Abuja
described the report as “unscientific and
unfair”, stressing that the immediate past
administration “left behind close to US$
30billion.”

He said, “Government can’t tell us that there
is no Excess Crude Account(ECA), Sovereign
Wealth Fund(SWF) or are we saying the
Federal Inland Revenue Service(FIR) and
related agencies had not in the last one
month been generating revenue?
“Until they are able to prove they had no
receipts from these government agencies in
the last one month before Nigerians can
now buy into Mr. President’s claims of an
empty treasury.”
He recalled that under the Jonathan’s
administration,Nigeria was rated the largest
economy in Africa and 26th largest in the
world, querying how come such a
government would leave behind an empty
treasury.
He said”Money made by government is
meant to be spent, and this the immediate
past administration did responsibly. Every
government, even in the so-called western
world, including the US which today
remains one of the largest debtor nations in
the world,
government operates on deficit.
“Is it not on record that President Obama
inherited US$3 triillion debt, a collapsed
banking sector and mortgage industry,yet
he never raised any alarm. None of these
has happened in Nigeria under Jonathan.
“Under Jonathan,Nigeria became the largest
Africa economy and 26th in the world
amidst deadly security challenges and
dwindling international prices of oil. In spite
of all these, the FG never owed salary.
“Upon inception of Jonatha’s administration,
it is on record that the price of oil at the
global stage was over 100 dollars per barrel
and at the close of the administration, it
dropped to 46dollars. Yet, there wasn’t
collapse of government and federal civil
servants were paid as at when due.
“It will be misleading therefore for our
respected President Muhammadu Buhari
and indeed the ruling APC to claim to have
met an empty treasury.”
He further reminded the new government
that “aspiration to governance is a call of
meeting and confronting challenges
headlong. So, we urge the APC-led
government to hit the ground running as
promised Nigerians by confronting the
challenges.
“We are not in doubt of the capability of Mr.
President to do it. He should therefore get to
business, put in place structures and
personnel to redeem the pledges made to
the Nigeria.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ex-minister-faults-buhari-on-empty-treasury-says-jonathan-left-about-us30bn/

How does this change the fact that Nigeria is broke as was shown in BBC?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Nutuk:

Very strange that Somaliannewsroom claim them air force cadets, they all wear the land forces uniforms.

Here is a picture with 3 African cadets in Turkish uniforms from left to right: white = navy, green = land forces, blue = airforce

Since when are Somalians Nigerians? I know you wished so hard if they were Nigerians but you bounced. Tell me out of all smart countries did you wish Turkey would have trained your forces?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

This question is so stupid? The question is does GEJ wear wings? All of those pilots wear wings.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

Hey salon barber brain, you think combat jets maneuverability is judged on paper? Or still photo images? Dumbazz, it's only proved by flying demonstration, airborne not on ground....E-fool, you get into a cockpit and airborne you test fly an aircraft to prove its maneuverability.

Your brain works like that of a hair salon barber
Your are a moroon arnt you? Fact are facts, the Gripen is more manoeuverable than your Junk fighter, only a moroon will think you can judge the manoeuvrability of an aircraft by looking at a YouTube video.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

All of them? All of them in different photos? You have I.D. for all the 5 or 6 cadets in 3 different photos from different sources? You have proof that only Somalis train in Turkey, no other Africans?

E-fool
Citations have been provided dum dum, do you have I.D for all 6 cadetes in 3 different photos?If not how can you possibly say they are Nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 24, 2015
This @NUTUK is the resident mokoka slum area boy @augugust trying live out his childhood fantasy of being a Somali.

6 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nutuk: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Since when are Somalians Nigerians? I know you wished so hard if they were Nigerians but you bounced. Tell me out of all smart countries did you wish Turkey would have trained your forces?

Why would I wish? I am not African, I know for fact that my country is training Nigerian cadets as well. We have also good relations with South Africa, in fact our T_129 has been tested for hot summer conditions in S. Africa. Also our newly developped anti-ship missile dubbed "ATMACA" was tested at Denel's Overberg test range in May 2014.

And there are defence cooperations like the IFV's for Malaysia with S. African Denel turrets on Turkish Pars vehicles:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2015
Nutuk:

Why would I wish? I am not African, I know for fact that my country is training Nigerian cadets as well. We have also good relations with South Africa, in fact our T_129 has been tested for hot summer conditions in S. Africa. Also our newly developped anti-ship missile dubbed "ATMACA" was tested at Denel's Overberg test range in May 2014.

And there are defence cooperations like the IFV's for Malaysia with S. African Denel turrets on Turkish Pars vehicles:

Bwahahahaha… stop all your monkey games. Behind that screen stand a Nigerian with a flat head, big nose and lips pretending to be from Turkey. You are a Turkish but you couldn't see that those people on that picture were 100% Somalians. How the hell can you make such a mistake? You are a real mumu.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2015
[size=20]Nutuk is definitely agaugust.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nutuk: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Bwahahahaha… stop all your monkey games. Behind that screen stand a Nigerian with a flat head, big nose and lips pretending to be from Turkey. You are a Turkish but you couldn't see that those people on that picture were 100% Somalians. How the hell can you make such a mistake? You are a real mumu.

Hehehe, you got me. You must be one of those people who still believe the world is flat. At some of the pictures I can see eastern Africans (must be Somali), they look a little bit different than West Africans and are a bit smaller. Also North Africans have more Arabic features. But I have to admit that I really cannot see the physical difference between Nabibians and Kenyan's for instance or many other Africans. But vice versa it's the same, I heard from many Africans all you white people look the same.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2015
lezz:
S.A 2015 is a sorry story to S.A pre 1994.

Desmond Tutu agreed that pre apartheid SA is being remembered with melancholy grin grin

Tell me, was there load shedding in Botha's apartheid government?
Or mass rapes, or massive black-on-white murder?

Nigga, every move of Zulu ANC has justified apartheid.

Zulus don't deserve freedom
grin grin grin

Bwahaha… Mr Botha's apartheid regime did not give everyone electricity only 20% of black middle class received power. ANC gives power to all and that's why there's a load shedding because demand noe overshadows the supply.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:37am On Jun 24, 2015
saengine:
R500 000 per missile....or so i was told. 3 tube Ingwe launcher on the Ratel IFV has been increased to a 4 tube launcher on the Badger IFV. Interesting how the design architecture is completely different.
The Malaysian Turret will be heavily armed with the Cam gun 30mm and four Ingwe launchers!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Nutuk:

There's currently no "cooperation" between SA and Turkey in terms of weapons dev.

The SA turret was selected by Malaysia, Denel is just one of the sub-contractors. The turrets will be delivered within a period of 7 years to Malaysia.

SA and Turkey have close defence ties though.

Cadet training is nothing special, you can find Turkey, Nigerian or even South Africans cadets in Chile or somewhere else in the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

Every oil exporting country is facing cash flow crisis all over the world, including Norway in Europe. Russia too is feeling it.

Nigeria still has cash dollar reserves of about $30 billion and a debt five times less than the heavy foreign debt of South Africa.

We still have a better net-cash flow than your country

Do you mean Imaginary $30 billion? Use it to pay your workers then. You have $60 billion dollar external debt.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2015
The Nigerian government is financially broke and barely able to pay its bills, an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed. The portrait of the Nigerian government’s dismal financial situation is in sharp contrast to recent propaganda by Nigeria’s Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and Central Bank governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Both officials have sought to depict the Nigerian economy as vibrant and robust.

http://saharareporters.com/2013/06/28/nigerian-government-broke-targets-pension-savings

About 30 out of 36 states across Nigeria appear to be broke and need urgent stimulus packages from the federal government. These were the words of the Delta State Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan at a book launch in Lagos over the weekend. Johnson Chukwu CEO, Cowry Asset Managers joins CNBC Africa to discuss this developing story.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Political uncertainty over Nigeria’s election on Saturday and economic turmoil from low oil prices have delivered a double blow that has slashed revenues and triggered layoffs for businesses across Africa’s biggest economy.

But while some, such as consumer goods firms, are less exposed to Abuja’s troubles, others like construction firms heavily dependent on government cash are facing frozen projects, unpaid bills and mass redundancies, putting badly needed infrastructure development on ice, industry sources say.

The situation is terrible and there is more … to come,” one construction industry source told Reuters.

“There is a desperate lack of funds.”

The fall in world oil prices to $55 a barrel, half what they were in June, could not have come at a worse time for Africa’s biggest producer. The run-up to an election is traditionally when government finances come under huge pressure from election spending on advertising and patronage.

Standard and Poor’s ratings agency downgraded Nigeria to B+ from BB- last week. The naira has fallen 20 percent since being devalued in November.

Because this vote is expected to be so closely fought, much more money has been needed to fight it. Capital spending in the budget has been slashed and a source in parliament said government contracts are massively in arrears because it is easier not to pay contractors than to hold back salaries.

The top 10 construction companies in Nigeria accounted for 70,000 jobs a year ago but since then their workforces have been cut by a third, industry sources said.

“Most of the companies tightened their belts because of no payments, while overheads are getting higher,” expatriate civil engineer Daniel Hazim said.

“That’s why the majority of construction companies are passing pink slips to their employees … expats and locals.”

DEVELOPMENT ON HOLD

Thousands of job losses are bad timing for President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid, but they may do little to sway an electorate divided along regional and ethnic lines. Jonathan, a southern Christian, faces main opposition candidate Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler and a northern Muslim.

Yet the job losses are also a reminder that whoever leads Nigeria after the election will need to end its dependence on oil as the motor for the economy.

“We have neglected agriculture, solid minerals, we have neglected human empowerment, we simply sell oil,” political analyst and lawyer Onyebuchi Emenka told Reuters TV on Monday.

The country needs a candidate who will diversify the economy, he said.

In the meantime, contractors are suffering. A spokesman for the Ministry of Works said it had received only 44 billion naira out of 98 billion naira allocated last year.

The minister, Mike Onolememen, was quoted in local newspapers as saying that contractors were owed about 230 billion naira between 2011-2014 and that 177 projects lacked sufficient funding to move forward.

Leading construction firm Julius Berger and several other large firms have all stopped working on projects such as roads and bridges because the government is not paying them, industry sources say.

Firms with a smaller presence, such as Italy’s Salini Impregilo, which is building Abuja’s glitzy Millennium Tower, are in similar difficulties. Julius Berger declined to comment and Salini officials were not immediately available for comment.

Government infrastructure projects always moved slowly, but firms were forced to scale down to skeleton crews last year and several are not expecting to resume work in 2015 at all.

A project to rehabilitate the 340 km (200 miles) Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri railway to transport iron ore and coal, crucial to revamping an ageing steel mill, restarted work in August 2014 but was shut down again when funds dried up, a source close to the project said.

Now it will remain on hold until the government can fund it.

http://bioreports.net/news/financially-broke-nigeria-government-may-fall-back-on-pension-savings/

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2015
SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nutuk: 10:39am On Jun 24, 2015
MikeCZAR:
There's currently no "cooperation" between SA and Turkey in terms of weapons dev.

The SA turret was selected by Malaysia, Denel is just one of the sub-contractors. The turrets will be delivered within a period of 7 years to Malaysia.

SA and Turkey have close defence ties though.

Cadet training is nothing special, you can find Turkey, Nigerian or even South Africans cadets in Chile or somewhere else in the world.

No that is right, no cooperation in weapons development but cooperation in being subcontractors.

However there is a branch of the electronics defence company Aselsan in Pretoria, called Aselsan South Africa (ASA)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
saengine:

Brain freeze. Ability to think demolished.
If you want to shift goal posts and run away like a little b*tch boy, and not debate like a proud man then so be it. I also wont waste anymore time with this.

You said we have 6 qualified Gripen pilots, and TOTAL of 9 pilots from 18 aircrew. TOTAL of 9...you said. If you had been a man, instead of a cowardly boy the topic of qualification was 2nd on the list. But you have proven that you cant even bring yourself to admit you were wrong about the TOTAL number of pilots being 9. All the evidence i showed about TOTAL number of pilots being greater than 9 is easily verifiable. Post those pics on avcom.co.za, saairforce.co.za, flyafrika.net etc etc and you'll get your answer that those are indeed SAAF Gripen pilots.

Now out of the blue you want proof that there are more than 9 QUALIFIED Gripen pilots, when initially you said we have no more than 9 TOTAL, of which 6 are qualified.

Like i say, issue of qualification was next. But let me not waste any more time on a cowardly little b*tch who cant admit to his own mistakes. Infact it wasnt a mistake, you pulled the number 9 Gripen pilots completely out of your a.ss

There is no evidence that you have more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots. Did you provide evidence that they have been winged?

Did you provide evidence and it was disputed. Guys in flight suit, do not show whether they are Pilots or Navigators or Trainees, no evidence they have been winged.

Former President GEJ in Camo, does this make him a General in the army or even an officer in the army?

It is your job to provide evidence that SAAF has above 9 winged pilots.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

There is no evidence that you have more than 9 qualified Gripen pilots. Did you provide evidence that they have been winged?

Did you provide evidence and it was disputed. Guys in flight suit, do not show whether they are Pilots or Navigators or Trainees, no evidence they have been winged.

Former President GEJ in Camo, does this make him a General in the army or even an officer in the army?

It is your job to provide evidence that SAAF has above 9 winged pilots.
26-12=14

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
jln115:

26-12=14

Is this what you call evidence.....SMH!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Since the contract for the Mistrals has been cancelled, and the French expected to pay the Russians over $1 billion. Russia has instead decided to build the LPD's themselves.

Russian Mistral replacement vessel. A mock up of what the completed LPD would look like.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

Is this what you call evidence.....SMH!
It's what I call common sense, obviously something you Nigerians serious lack.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
jln115:

It's what I call common sense, obviously something you Nigerians serious lack.

You have 26 fighters, even your concocted figure represents a massive shortfall.

Anyway, the SAAF has 9 qualified Gripen pilots, until substantiated evidence is provided to the contrary.

Enjoy your $68 million JF-17.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.