Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4457175 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

This still doesn't explain why you paid $68 million for a JF-17 thunder.

You are drunk, SAAF bought original SAAB gripen fighter not a counterfeit called Junk Fighter.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
jln115:

pic1 F-7
Pic2 Mig 21
Pic3 F-7
Pic4 Mig 21

They look almost identical! And I was lenient by taking a PIC of the most modern F-7 cockpit.

LOL...wrong pics.

You posted the older F-7 jets with straight delta wings and no vertical fin stabilizers....you failed to post the modern F-7s of 2010 and 2013 used by NAF and BAF, they have swept delta wings and vertical fin stabilizers that work like canards and their cockpits have 2010-2013 heads up displays, not the old stuff early models you posted above.....See a modern F-7 wing below, E-dunce cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

LOL...wrong pics.

You posted the older F-7 jets with straight delta wings and no vertical fin stabilizers....you failed to post the modern F-7s of 2010 and 2013 used by NAF and BAF, they have swept delta wings and vertical fin stabilizers that work like canards and their cockpits have 2010-2013 heads up displays, not the old stuff early models you posted above.....See a modern F-7 wing below, E-dunce cheesycheesy
Dude it doesn't matter it's a mig 21 finished en klaar!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

Mumu!
Seriously though.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
saengine:
Beast...
Combat tested beast!

grin grin grin grin Used as a recovery vehicle at times when heading up to the operations area in Angola.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
mzilakazi:
[size=20]Chinese air force considers a Junk Fighter a BIG FAILURE.[/size]

https://africadefensejournal./2011/11/28/chinese-jf-17-is-a-cheap-competition-for-the-f-16/

I dont even know why they are fighting so hard for JF-17 as if they currently have 1 example in their hangars. 1st export order for JF-17 is to an Asian country, with deliveries set to start in 2017. Unless Nigeria is Asian, I dont even know why they talk about it on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

You have 26 fighters, even your concocted figure represents a massive shortfall.

Anyway, the SAAF has 9 qualified Gripen pilots, until substantiated evidence is provided to the contrary.

Enjoy your $68 million JF-17.

How about you provide substantiated evidence that we have 9?

Stats have shown - grip is better than the junk fighter
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

JF-17 has higher combat altitude, will be shooting down the lower Gripen from top of the pilot's head.

Lower altitude is a bad bad disadvantage in air to air dog fight. The JF-17 flies much higher than Gripen

How are pakistani JF-17s going to engage south african gripen?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
jln115:

Nope the specifications of both aircraft state that the Gripen has better manoeverability, way better in fact.

Secondly no evidence has been provided that the Junk Fighter has better ground search radar.

And lastly the Gripen has:
Higher payload
1 Hard point more
Better software
F-35 a 5th Generation fighter also runs on C++
Better HMD
There is nothing like a better HMD, BAE HMD can be integrated in the JF-17. I hope you remember the term open architecture.
Lower stall speed
far Better combat range
Shorter landing distance
all fighters have shorter landing distance with a drag chute.
Lower maintenance cost
You mor0n, the JF-17 is designed to be cost effective, that's one of it's selling points.
Lower RCS
You pathetic barber, the DSI on the JF-17 gives it a low RCS.
Higher Max g
8 - 8.5, quite insignificant really.
Lower wing loading
JF-17 has a low wing loading, hence it can perform that incredible vertical take off manoeuvre.
Better thrust to weight ratio

Thrust difference between the JF-17 and the Gripen is virtually insignificant. The Thunder also has the advantage of providing 10% more thrust

Better claimb rate
The JF-17 has a better combat altitude.

Better radar
The JF-17 has a better look down radar

better HMI
The JF-17 has an advanced HMI dummy
Ect
Ect

Why are you thinking like a potato farmer in a military thread?

Again I ask, why did Pretoria buy JF-17 thunders at $ 68 million a unit?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

Is the single digit difference between the Gripen Block 2 and the JF-17 block 1 enough to cost $38 million?

According to argentina, yes
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

The JF-17 is more manoeuvrable than the Gripen, this isn't even in question. Gripen only has a hard-point more. There is proof to show the JF-17 ground detection radar is better, not forgetting it also has a higher combat radius and altitude.

Gripen can do aerial refuel - jf-17 cant

What evidence about ground search radar?

How does a jet with inferior performance stats and smaller wings outmaneuver a euro-canard?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

The JF-17 incorporates DSI as a basic design feature, hence it's amazing manoeuvrability. Again, the JF-17 video I posted supports the fact the JF-17 is way more manoeuvrable than the Gripen.

Evidence has been provided, and it shows the JF-17 look down radar is better.

JF-17 block 2 speed is Mach 2, same as the Gripen C/D.

The Gripen C/D's speed is only better than the JF-17 block 1, at Mach 2 - 1.8.

JF-17 has a better range and combat altitude than the Gripen.

Need I remind you that the F-35 also runs on a C++ code, 1 hard point better than the JF-17, still not enough reason to cost between 38 million - 43 million more.

Citations needed for all of the above
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
patches689:

How does a jet with inferior performance stats and smaller wings outmaneuver a euro-canard?

JF-17 block 2 can.

How can a Gripen out-manoeuvre a JF-17 with a DSI design?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

8.5 for the Gripen, still not enough to cost $43 million more.

Why did Pretoria buy a JF-17 at $68 million dollars, it seems rather foolish.

Why did SAAF spend more money on a better plane? Gee- i dunno.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

SAAB Gripen is SAAB Gripen, yes ! MiG-21 is MiG-21 if its name is still MiG-21.

.....but here, the names are still different, Chengdu F-7 is not same as Mikoyan MiG-21....topic is called logic, subject is mathematics, you are an intellectual failure by birth grin grin

Its a mig-21

Beyond dispute

Now go back to figuring out how many months are between August and Febuary

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

This still doesn't explain why you paid $68 million for a JF-17 thunder.

Better things cost more money

What i want to know is if you can even afford the JF-17 - with your country being brole and all

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
patches689:

How about you provide substantiated evidence that we have 9?

Stats have shown - grip is better than the junk fighter

I expect you to provide evidence you have more than 9 qualified pilots. So far, you Southie soweto dundies have been able to prove you have more than 9.

Stats show the Gripen block 2 is only marginally better that the JF-17 block 1. Shame!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
patches689:

Better things cost more money

What i want to know is if you can even afford the JF-17 - with your country being brole and all

Rest assured, we will not buy a JF-17 at $68 million.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
patches689:

Why did SAAF spend more money on a better plane? Gee- i dunno.

You spent 3 times an amount for a plane that is only 10% better than a JF-17 block 1.

Buhahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Seriously though.

You are lost.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
saengine:

I dont even know why they are fighting so hard for JF-17 as if they currently have 1 example in their hangars. 1st export order for JF-17 is to an Asian country, with deliveries set to start in 2017. Unless Nigeria is Asian, I dont even know why they talk about it on this thread.

How will they even buy a bare bone called Junk Fighter when they do not even have money to pay public servants?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

Rest assured, we will not buy a JF-17 at $68 million.

Because Junk Fighter is not worth that much. It won't sell if it can ever be sold that much. Any machine using Chinese spares has to come cheap because China invest more on quantity than material.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

Why are you thinking like a potato farmer in a military thread?

Again I ask, why did Pretoria buy JF-17 thunders at $ 68 million a unit?
1. It doesn't matter if the F 35 uses the same Software, its still better than that of the JF-17
2.The cobra HMD is NOT integrated on the Junk fighter, thus your opinion is irrelevent.
3. Combat radius is irrelevant if you have air-air refueling capability.
4. The Gripen has a way lower wing loading than the JF-17, go look it up
5. The gripen has the lowest maintenance cost of any fighter on the market, even lower than the JF
6. The Gripen has a RCS of 0.1m2 and the Jf-17 has a RCS of 2,5m2
7. It doesn't matter if it has a chute or not, it still has a shorter landing distance
8. The gripen has a Max g of 9 and not 8.5 , either way it makes a huge difference if you have a plane that weighs 12 tons when fully loaded, thus just 1 g means the gripen airframe can withstand 12 tons force more than the jf.
9. SAAF Gripens have one of thee most advanced HMI systems in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

JF-17 block 2 can.
Both block 1&2 Junk Fighters cannot do aerial refueling.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

JF-17 block 2 can.

Because it has way lower wing loading and movable canards.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
jln115:

Dude it doesn't matter it's a mig 21 finished en klaar!

Except that photos and data proved your claim to be absolutely FALSE

#Defeated grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
saengine:
Beast...

Monster.....Battle tested 2015

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
agaugust:

Except that photos and data proved your claim to be absolutely FALSE

#Defeated grin
Actually the data proves me 100% right!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
saengine:

Same way you Southies talk about project Biro when the OPV has NOT even been named grin grin

NAF fully tested/evaluated/selected/named JF-17 Thunder and close to signing contract for purchase of 25 to 40 units/examples.

50 years ahead of SAN project Biro of an unidentified untested unknown OPV that sails with Alice in wonderland grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
patches689:

How are pakistani JF-17s going to engage south african gripen?

Who mentioned Pakistan? NAF has chosen JF-17, we may meet again in Ivory Coast if your SANDF cowards have any courage to show face again.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
patches689:

Both Gripen Block I and JF-17 Block I cannot do air refueling.

Both aircrafts Block II can do air refueling.

Get your head checked for some loose bolts and nuts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

How will they even buy a bare bone called Junk Fighter when they do not even have money to pay public servants?

$2 Billion extra funds was released for new weapons in 2014. Defense budget remains at $6 Billion. Cash reserves stands at $30 Billion.

JF-17 costs only $25 million yet worth the technical value of a $68 million Gripen....Swedish rip off

(1) (2) (3) ... (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.