Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,716 members, 7,862,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4465993 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2015

[size=13pt] Canada & America's Defence Research institute confirms :

MRAP was invented in Zimbabwe Rhodesia !

South Africa was manufacturing Zimbabwean inventions.

[/size]

" Rhodesian Leopard mine-resistant vehicle are made in South Africa . The APVs are part of a complex lineage of blast-resistant vehicles developed on that troubled continent.

That line began in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) with a series of highly bizarre, mine-resist- ant types set on commercial chassis (eg: VW-based Leopard, above, and Pookie).

Those early vehicles were mostly built as mine-detector vehicles but they showed the way with high ground-clearance and monocoque crew compartments with a V- shaped bottom. The next step was incorporating that structure into other vehicles.

As conversions of existing types, Rhodesian mine-blast-resistant vehicles were quick to construct and made use of readily-available components. This did not go unnoticed in neighbouring South Africa facing its own anti-apartheid 'bush war'.

The threats were the same: landmine blasts from below and AK-47 rifle bullets.

'Body-on-Frame' Construction – the South Africans Follow a Rhodesian Lead

The first South African blast-resistant vehicles were a series of Kwêvoël trucks (Samil-built Deutz 4x4s and 6x6s with armoured cabs) followed by a fully armoured personnel carrier derivative – Hippo. Buffel, a more sophisticated armoured carrier type followed. All consisted of V-bottom armour compartments over truck frames."

'Body-on-Frame' Construction – the South Africans Follow a Rhodesian Lead.

There were several early South African vehicles very similar to the Rhodesian conversions – Hyena
, Wolf, and Ribbok (an antelope). Kwêvoël is Afrikaans for a turaco (Corythaixoides). Buffel is Afrikaans for the Cape buffalo (Syncerus Caffer)

http://www.casr.ca/id-blast-resistant-vehicles-2.htm

Finally, CASE CLOSED.....Zimbabwe invented the first MRAP vehicles, South Africa noticed and copied to manufacture/export

It's not good to steal your neighbour's talent and glory, it's like using w.itchcraft to capture people's star !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

[s][size=13pt] Canada & American Research institute confirms

MRAP invented in Zimbabwe Rhodesia !

South Africa was manufacturing Zimbabwean inventions.

[/size]

" Rhodesian Leopard mine-resistant vehicle are made in South Africa . The APVs are part of a complex lineage of blast-resistant vehicles developed on that troubled continent.

That line began in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) with a series of highly bizarre, mine-resist- ant types set on commercial chassis (eg: VW-based Leopard, above, and Pookie).

Those early vehicles were mostly built as mine-detector vehicles but they showed the way with high ground-clearance and monocoque crew compartments with a V- shaped bottom. The next step was incorporating that structure into other vehicles.

As conversions of existing types, Rhodesian mine-blast-resistant vehicles were quick to construct and made use of readily-available components. This did not go unnoticed in neighbouring South Africa facing its own anti-apartheid 'bush war'.

The threats were the same: landmine blasts from below and AK-47 rifle bullets.

'Body-on-Frame' Construction – the South Africans Follow a Rhodesian Lead

The first South African blast-resistant vehicles were a series of Kwêvoël trucks (Samil-built Deutz 4x4s and 6x6s with armoured cabs) followed by a fully armoured personnel carrier derivative – Hippo. Buffel, a more sophisticated armoured carrier type followed. All consisted of V-bottom armour compartments over truck frames."

'Body-on-Frame' Construction – the South Africans Follow a Rhodesian Lead.

There were several early South African vehicles very similar to the Rhodesian conversions – Hyena
, Wolf, and Ribbok (an antelope). Kwêvoël is Afrikaans for a turaco (Corythaixoides). Buffel is Afrikaans for the Cape buffalo (Syncerus Caffer)

Finally, CASE CLOSED.....Zimbabwe invented the first MRAP vehicles, South Africa noticed and copied to manufacture/export

It's not good to steal your neighbour's talent and glory, it's like using w.itchcraft to capture people's star ![/s]

Leopard was built in 1974

Hyena entered service in 1972

Hyena was the first MRAP

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

It's not good to steal your neighbour's talent and glory, it's like using w.itchcraft to capture people's star !

Augustus

which year comes first?

1974 or 1972?

I know you had some trouble with months a while back, but you should be educated enough to handle the chronological sequence of years

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
Patchesagain:

Hyena was the first MRAP

My fellow researcher of defence history says you are a fraud ! http://www.casr.ca/id-blast-resistant-vehicles-2.htm

America/Canada confirms ZIMBABWE invented the first series of MRAP, got noticed by South Africa who copied, manufactured, exported.

Glory thief thou art, even on Sunday morning you steal tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

My fellow researcher of defence history says you are a fraud ! http://www.casr.ca/id-blast-resistant-vehicles-2.htm

America/Canada confirms ZIMBABWE invented the first series of MRAP, got noticed by South Africa who copied, manufactured, exported.

Glory thief thou art, even on Sunday morning you steal tongue tongue tongue

Which year comes first?

1972 or 1974?

Why were we selling MRAP's to the person who "invented" the MRAP 2 years before they "invented" it?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Patchesagain:

Which year comes first?

1972 or 1974?

Why were we selling MRAP's to the person who "invented" the MRAP 2 years before they "invented" it?

Of course as a glory thief you will steal, produce, and resell back to the original inventor.

Nobody carees about dates 1972 or 1974, expert Canadian-American military research institute says Zimbabwe invented MRAP and South Africa noticed, imported, copied, manufactured, and re-exported Zimbabwean MRAP.

"There were several early South African vehicles very similar to the Rhodesian conversions – Hyena , Wolf, and Ribbok (an antelope). Kwêvoël is Afrikaans for a turaco (Corythaixoides). Buffel is Afrikaans for the Cape buffalo (Syncerus Caffer)."

Tracing the Origins of 'Mine-' and 'Blast-Resistant' Vehicles

Stephen Priestley, Researcher, Canadian American Strategic Review (CASR)

Simple as ABC.

ZIM owns SA !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

Of course as a glory thief you will steal, produce, and resell back to the original inventor.

Nobody carees about dates 1972 or 1974, expert Canadian-American military research institute says Zimbabwe invented MRAP and South Africa noticed, imported, copied, manufactured, and re-exported Zimbabwean MRAP.

Simple as ABC.

Zim owns SA !
1. The leopard was the first MRAP to feature a monocoque chassis, NOT the first MRAP ever built.
2. Nowhere in your source does it state that the leopard was built BEFORE the Hyena.
3. The Leopard was designed by a South African.

As Simple as 123

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
mzilakazi:

KOFI ANAN is Nigeria's demi god and whatever he comments about Nigeria shall come to pass according to you, Lezz.
different presidents had something to say about Nig... lezz isn't even telling u d rest.....

Anything lezz types you must have read from him more than 10× but you still keep REACTING like you are hearing it for the first time.. You guyz twist the same things over and over again and all you're left with is a tangled issue and ego....he has been pulling your legs successfully..Whatever anybody says about Nigeria Can Not change anything about Nigeria... so why are you disturbing yourself like this....

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Have seen the Gripen E/F cockpit?

The screens are "combined".

Yup, I don't like it. Here it is.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

"There were several early South African vehicles very similar to the Rhodesian conversions – Hyena , Wolf, and Ribbok (an antelope). Kwêvoël is Afrikaans for a turaco (Corythaixoides). Buffel is Afrikaans for the Cape buffalo (Syncerus Caffer)."

Simple as ABC.

ZIM owns SA !

First Rhodesian MRAP: 1974
First South African MRAP: 1972

Which country produced an MRAP first?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

Simple as ABC.

ZIM owns SA !

With information and citations that we have provided here, it proves the Canadians wrong. It means their source was half cooked and could not even go any deeper with their research. Now with our own so called layperson research we proved all that wrong. The hyena appears to be the first mine protected vehicle ever to exist in the world and by coincidence it was built in South Africa and entered service in 1972. This shows that we have done a better job and fully outstanding achievement in bringing up this information to Nairaland.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

Yup, I don't like it. Here it is.
More newer jets will use it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
More newer jets will use it.

Too many screens, especially in the second photo, too many things happening, and the pilot is still expected to wear his HMD.

Makes no sense to me.

This is the cockpit of the F-35. Less complicated than having 5 screens in a single cockpit.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Patchesagain:

First Rhodesian MRAP: 1974
First South African MRAP: 1972

Which country produced an MRAP first?

ZIMBABWE -Rhodesia.

Unbiased and neutral Canadian/American military research institute has declared that ALL South African early or earliest MRAPs were copied directly from Zimbabwean MRAP inventions.

No argument needed, historical research has proved the origin of first MRAP vehicles on planet earth :

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

ZIMBABWE -Rhodesia.

Unbiased and neutral Canadian/American military research institute has declared that ALL South African early or earliest MRAPs were copied directly from Zimbabwean MRAP inventions.

No argument needed, historical research has proved the origin of first MRAP vehicles on planet earth :

South African MRAPS predates those of all other countries. Tell me which MRAP predates HYENA AND HIPPO?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
mzilakazi:

[size=20]Agaugust does not want to accept the fact that SA designed the first MRAP in the world. It hurts him so much and he feels as if he can kill himself once and for all. At least we South Africans and the world know that the first MRAP was built in Mzansi. Let the man boil with jealousy and get a hypertension. Bwahahahaha…[/size]

"Sharap, Mzansi what?"........ you black block heads built nothing!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

Too many screens, especially in the second photo, too many things happening, and the pilot is still expected to wear his HMD.

Makes no sense to me.

This is the cockpit of the F-35. Less complicated than having 5 screens in a single cockpit.
I can understand what your saying, but i dont believe SAAB will design a cockpit that's to stimulating for a pilot to handle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

"Sharap, Mzansi what?"........ you black block heads built nothing!

OH!!! Bwahahahaha… My ribs are breaking apart. When South African put hard punches, the game always shifts to black and white as if South Africa is only for blacks. South Africa is for both black and white.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
Patchesagain:

Hyena was the first MRAP

LEOPARD WAS DESIGNED IN 1974 AND WAS PRODUCED FROM 1975-1979.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
mzilakazi:

South African MRAPS predates those of all other countries. Tell me which MRAP predates HYENA AND HIPPO?

Any Zimbabwean MRAP, whatever name it's called, well known or not, popular or not, famous or not....Rhodesian MRAP predates ALL South African made copy-cat MRAP.

Finito tonguetongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

Any Zimbabwean MRAP, whatever name it's called, well known or not, popular or not, famous or not....Rhodesian MRAP predates ALL South African made copy-cat MRAP.

Finito tonguetongue
WoW great comeback mate!! No citations, Just opinion!! That's how Augustine roles!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
jln115:

I can understand what your saying, but i dont believe SAAB will design a cockpit that's to stimulating for a pilot to handle.

Eventually pilots might get used to them, but for how long, how about response, reaction and a pilot under duress?

SAAB Gripen NG,

F-35,

SU-35, all cockpits in that sequence, which do you prefer, which is more user friendly?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
mzilakazi:

OH!!! Bwahahahaha… My ribs are breaking apart. When South African put hard punches, the game always shifts to black and white as if South Africa is only for blacks. South Africa is for both black and white.

Nope, that analogy doesn't fly. 2 million Afrikanners can't be doing the work of 55 million people, while you lazy zulus sit down, and take the Glory like you contributed.

Why don't you tell us the name of the Black South-African who worked on or built the original MRAP?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

Eventually pilots might get used to them, but for how long, how about response, reaction and a pilot under duress?

SAAB Gripen NG,

F-35,

SU-35, all cockpits in that sequence, which do you prefer, which is more user friendly?
All of them are basically the same, the extra screen your seeing in the Gripen cockpit is just an ipad(or some thing similar) that replaces the paper notebook they used to wear, its part of the flight suit and not the cockpit.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

Finito tonguetongue

You failed to prove beyond reasonable means any Zimbabwean MRAP that predates HYENA AND HIPPO. By the way do you even know that all Zim MRAPS were produced by South Africans in Zimbabwe?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
jln115:

All of them are basically the same, the extra screen your seeing in the Gripen cockpit is just an ipad(or some thing similar) that replaces the paper notebook they used to wear, its part of the flight suit and not the cockpit.

The paper note (notepad) is still there. Look to the Pilots left. I mean, there is the LED screen, an additional screen and a notepad.

That's just crazy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

The paper note (notepad) is still there. Look to the Pilots left. I mean, there is the LED screen, an additional screen and a notepad.

That's just crazy.
Honestly dude i dont see much of a difference between the Gripen layout and Su 35 layout, SAAB has always been known for their user friendly products(Fighters), I hardly believe they would design a cockpit which is to complicated and to stimulating for Pilots!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
mzilakazi:

You failed to prove beyond reasonable means any Zimbabwean MRAP that predates HYENA AND HIPPO. By the way do you even know that all Zim MRAPS were produced by South Africans in Zimbabwe?

Why are you avoiding my question? undecided undecided

Tell me the name of the Black South-African(s) who worked on the Hyena or Hippo MRAP?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
jln115:

Honestly dude i dont see much of a difference between the Gripen layout and Su 35 layout, SAAB has always been known for their user friendly products(Fighters), I hardly believe they would design a cockpit which is to complicated and to stimulating for Pilots!

So you think that Gripen NG cockpit is as user friendly as the SU-35?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

So you think that Gripen NG cockpit is as user friendly as the SU-35?
Obviously i cant tell you out of personal experience, but what I've read and some of the SAAF pilots I've talked to,they all state that the Gripen C/D is very user friendly,and i dont expect anything different regarding the Gripen E/F, so to answer your question: yes i think the Gripen E/D cockpit is as user friendly as the Su35.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
Henry120:

Why are you avoiding my question? undecided undecided
Tell me the name of the Black South-African(s) who worked on the Hyena or Hippo MRAP?

I don't see South Africans or Americans as black and white all that I see is South Africans and Americans. Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2380) (2381) (2382) (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.