Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,930 members, 7,866,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4469540 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
agaugust:

Mmmmmm !

Too many sources, combat pilots, etc have been confirming this fact that in close range combat WVR, everybody dies at same rate, and MiG-21 Bison of IAF could beat an F-15 of USAF, now F-16 of IAF beats RAF Typhoon.

The SAAF do not have qualified pilots, and Gripen cannot maneuver, the wings will break up and the Gripen will crash as proved by incidents.

I am sure NAF F-7 will beat SAAF Gripen with ease.

Problem is a SAAF gripen does not need to dog fight since here missiles are linked to the helmet mounted sight.

All so as shown by young lion SAAF pilots where very good at low level flying and close in dog fights.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
agaugust:

Puts a stopper on the leaking mouth of South Africans who ridicule Pakistani air force.

Neutral reports say they are better than Indian pilots, while Indian army is better on land.

Only fools (Like Southies) laugh at those who are superior to them.

A Pakistani F-16 will eat all South African Gripens for dinner, guaranteed.

I think Argentina should just go for Su-30 MK2 Flankers or JF-17 Thunder block 3, and be assured they are ready for anything Britain could deploy if another Falkland war happens.

JF-17 Thunder Block 3 is more in my desire than block 2, maybe that is what NAF and some others are waiting for, the new engine block 3 with 4+ generation avionics.

Meanwhile, the world should give Pakistan credit for having the courage to build 4th gen jet fighter as a 3rd world country.

Pakistani pilots are very well trained, Plus they fly very capable fighters.

Pakistani JF-17s would eat up SAAF Gripen, their F-16 Block 52s are an overkill. They are Eurofighter standard.

In my opinion, considering the threat the Argentinians face, and lack of finances, the J-10B would be perfect for them. It's a 4++ fighter, With a range of 1000km.

I don't believe the Russians can provide Argentina the credit line required to purchase Flankers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
EVarn:
Tell me,why do you insist on your vigorous campaign to close down this thread?,its not as if this thread is a disturbance to you.
there is so much hate on this thread and don't you know am an ambassador, I work for UaN, so I need to do my job...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:
Paramount teaming with Navantia and Austal on Biro
Seems like they are marketing the Avante class for project Biro.

Also apparently the Gowind class doesnt meet the state requirements for Project Biro!

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39787:paramount-teaming-with-navantia-and-austal-on-biro&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

Pic1 Avante 3000

Finally Patches689 can wake up from his Gowind day dream.

On your Project Biro, deliveries are expected to commence in 4 - 5years time.

It is still a pipe dream!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
Henry240:

Finally Patches689 can wake up from his Gowind day dream.

On your Project Biro, deliveries are expected to commence in 4 - 5years time.

It is still a pipe dream!
Call it what you like but its happening!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:

It's happening in 5years time. You'd probably be a father by then.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
andrewza:

Problem is a SAAF gripen does not need to dog fight since here missiles are linked to the helmet mounted sight.

All so as shown by young lion SAAF pilots where very good at low level flying and close in dog fights.

Helmet mounted sight is useless against enemy jet you cannot see flying behind you, below you, above you, or 22 km away.

SAAF with 19 km range missiles has forced your pilots into close in combat WVR no escape zone. A 4,000 km/hr speed PL-9 missile needs just a few seconds to demolish a Gripen.

South African pilots have ZERO combat experience with Gripe jets and none of your pilots is combat qualified with standard flying hours, you lack both trainings s experience, SAAF is dead as an Egyptian mummy inside an ancient pyramid
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:

Nothing is happening dude, your navy keeps jumping from one option to another like confused buyers.

When you make a final choice, name the ship, name the manufacturer, evaluate the platform, and announce readiness to pay cost price with cash or bank loan approved, come back and talk to us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
Henry240:

It's happening in 5years time. You'd probably be a father by then.
In 3-4 years the first OPV will be in service, and no!! I would like to enjoy my twenties so....No Kids in 5 years!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
agaugust:

Nothing is happening dude, your navy keeps jumping from one option to another like confused buyers.

When you make a final choice, name the ship, name the manufacturer, evaluate the platform, and announce readiness to pay cost price with cash or bank loan approved, come back and talk to us.
Dude how are they jumping from one option to the next? The Tender process will only end on 30 September....They have to evaluate ALL the offers then only can they choose the best one?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
ddami:
there is so much hate on this thread and don't you know am an ambassador, I work for UaN, so I need to do my job...

Actually the hate is not real. Just some men having internet fun showing patriotism and nation vs nation rivalry. LOL.

You think South Africans truly wish Nigeria dead? No. We too don't wish evil to South Africa. Nobody on this forum/thread wants these two brightest shining nations, hopes of Africa, to have their shinning lights quenched .

What you see here is just e-punching among e-friends having e-fun.

If there is hate, moderators would have closed this thread long ago like they did to two other Nigeria Vs South Africa threads last year.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
andrewza:

A missile rated at 100g manueverability. No one on the continent has anything even close.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
agaugust:

Helmet mounted sight is useless against enemy jet you cannot see flying behind you, below you, above you, or 22 km away.

SAAF with 19 km range missiles has forced your pilots into close in combat WVR no escape zone. A 4,000 km/hr speed PL-9 missile needs just a few seconds to demolish a Gripen.

South African pilots have ZERO combat experience with Gripe jets and none of your pilots is combat qualified with standard flying hours, you lack both trainings s experience, SAAF is dead as an Egyptian mummy inside an ancient pyramid
Yet those unqualified pilots were extremely impressive at Lion Effort!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
agaugust:

Actually the hate is not real. Just some men having internet fun showing patriotism and nation vs nation rivalry. LOL.

You think, South Africans truly wish Nigeria dead? No. We too don't wish evil to South Africa. Nobody in this forum/thread wants these two brightest shining nations, hopes of Africa, to have their lights quenched .

What you see here is just e-punching among e-friends.

If their is hate, moderators would have closed this thread long ago like they did to two other Nigeria Vs South Africa threads last year.
10/10

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
ddami:

madam UaN stands for?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
ddami:
whats UaN?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
EVarn:
whats UaN?

A place where boko goats fulfill there Infidel fantasies

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
SAN

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:

In 3-4 years the first OPV will be in service, and no!! I would like to enjoy my twenties so....No Kids in 5 years!

so your Project Biro has 4 more years to go. "23 + 4 years?"........ 27years for 3 OPV, pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Henry240:

so your Project Biro has 4 more years to go. "23 + 4 years?"........ 27years for 3 OPV, pathetic!
Were do you get your 23 years from?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:

Were do you get your 23 years from?

1993 to this time, how many years is that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Henry240:

1993 to this time, how many years is that?
22.!!....And a citation to prove that Project Biro is 22 Years old!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
DictatorZAR:

You are back again,i guess you ran dry on monthly government allowance and free data.
Or,was it my 'exorcism' that made you tuck your tail behind your cowardly legs and run for the hills?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
EVarn:
whats UaN?
UNITED African NATIONS you feel me... Buh
am outta here... grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
agaugust:

You think, South Africans truly wish Nigeria dead? No. We too don't wish evil to South Africa. Nobody in this forum/thread wants these two brightest shining nations, hopes of Africa, to have their lights quenched .

What you see here is just e-punching among e-friends.

If their is hate, moderators would have closed this thread long ago like they did to two other Nigeria Vs South Africa threads last year.
okay, though i think nobody will want to read a thread of 2000 pages and COUNTING...... uh lemme remove my head from the e-punching among e-friends b4 I get a good punch....bye.
*runs outta thread**...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
MduZA:

madam UaN stands for?
UNITED african NATIONS a division of UN..........

don't tell me you actually believed me yesterday... I don't think there is any BODY called uan though...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Hey, what the hell is the meaning of that you should better mind your own business while I keep my cool or else................

You definitely don't want me to start tonight
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:

22.!!....And a citation to prove that Project Biro is 22 Years old!

So tell us, when Project Biro was conceived?

Hint: Mandela was still President.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
RudzSA:
insults referencing Facebook ? Lol . Distance plays a role in tourism ..morocco ,Egypt etc being a stone throw away from Europe ,Asia etc hav that advantage .S.A is a long way away from all those nd therefore the diff between us and them is negligable all things considered .making us the top destination ..check any list in Africa we dominate all of them . Il end my attempt at a normal convo wit u on this note ..G8+5 ,G20 ,NIC ,BRICS nd evrything that matters ..we fly the African flag high. Instead of jealousy u shud be happy that Africa has South Africa .we are happy that Nigeria exists so that our companies can offer u world class services .in the words of Pastor Chris oyakhilome ...God bless South Africa
I exposed you for the fraud you are and you swiftly change tactics like a cheap, filthy courtèsãn.

You claimed south Africa was Africa's number tourist destination. I proved you a lier and a desperate fraud. Now let's do the math of all your claims.

1) BRIC: you were NEVER a part of this club. China only invited you in. You actually contributeJust 2% of BRIC's GDP grin . you make the group actually weaker. Most international political observers still refer to it as BRIC and not BRICS. Your own press actually confessed south Africa is more a briquette than a bric. Bwahahaha. O'Neil, the internationally renowned economist who coined BRIC never included South Africa.

2) G20, you aren't in the world's top 25 economies. So what's south Africa doing in this group? Actually, a group of sympathetic ideologist who are quite benevolent to the African course thought it prudent that one country from Africa should be included, not out of merit or economic viability or infrastructural compatibility but rather to make it more representative of the world. grin. South Africa was futunate at the time (2010?) to be the number economy of Africa. It's more like the UN power houses deciding to cut some slacks to less powerful countries by appointing them into non permanent security seats. Bwahajahaja.

Well, Nigeria has been the boss now. And you're going down. From having -by far- the largest economy on the continent, by being the 5th largest contributor to the UN peace keeping force in the world. By having a youthful population of more than 60% around 18 years of age and making 1/5th of Africa's population with a giant middle class and strong entrepreneurial citizens, we remain Africa's true representative.
South Africa is already jittery asking for Africa to have two permanent security members. Why? Because Pretoria knows she will lose out with only one slot to vie for.

Your companies in Nigeria only makes you weaker diplomatically between us. Where is your common sense , since you lack sociopolitical one? We supply you oil. Why do you think Pretoria always buckles when Abuja is angry? grin grin grin ask China and Russia.

By 2030, Nigeria is projected internationally to be the 15th biggest economy of the world. Now scratch your Zulu head in wonderment. All the big populated countries account for 70% of the world's GDP.
We are just taking out rightful place amongst the committee of nations.

Why do you think S.A is on the decline rapidly. The show is over for you. With no insurgency or civil disturbances in South Africa, Forbes has ranked South Africa the 122nd safest place to live. grin grin

Now tell me, what's my name?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
Henry240:

So tell us, when Project Biro was conceived?

Hint: Mandela was still President.
Mandela wasn't president in 1993.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
mzilakazi:

You have only beaten imaginary South Africans.
I have counted 10 South Africans so far squatting here trying so hard to tell Nigerians you're the best.

But there are no Egyptians

No Ethiopians

No Angolans
No Algerians
No Zimbabweans etc.

Nigeria remains the true yardstick by which south African gauge their national development and have a sense of worth.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
jln115:

Mandela wasn't president in 1993.

What year was project Biro concieved?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.