Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470692 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

They were told to guard borders in the first place, they entered Dikwa without Nigerian permission, they wanted glory but have lost it.
There will come a time when such a petulant action would prompt a full scale aerial assualt on all of Chad's military and airforce bases in N'djamena.France or no France.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Former SAAF mercenary pilots giving combat qualified Nigerian pilots lessons.

http://africajournalismtheworld.com/tag/saaf-pilots-in-boko-war/

‘Most of the gunships [Mi 24 Hinds] are being piloted
by former SAAF members and they are flying a huge
number of sorties, including nocturnal operations,
with great success. There is also close involvement at
HQ level, assisting in the planning of operations and
the coordination/interpretation of the intelligence
effort.’

Jakkie Cilliers, Executive Director of the Institute for
Security Studies (ISS) in Pretoria, agrees that the
best of the ex-SADF soldiers are indeed involved in
the anti-Boko Haram operation
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
CLAIMS OF BOKO-HARAM HOLDING TERRITORY A RUSE BY POLITICIANS TO ATTRACT FUNDING

“Military sources who spoke to THISDAY yesterday dismissed the claims that were made during the National Economic Council meeting held in Abuja on Thursday as “alarmist and a political gimmick for patronage”.

“They noted that politicians were trying to mislead members of the public by falsely claiming that five LGAs are under the control of the terrorists.”

“One of the senior officers clarified that the prevailing situation on ground, saying, “in some towns, Boko Haram have some presence and launch guerrilla attacks from time to time, which is different from holding a town.”

He added: “I don’t know where they get such LGAs from. I mean they should have named the local governments and let us verify, if they are sure of their claims. That Boko Haram makes a hit and run attacks in one or two towns does not in any way translate to holding any ground.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/military-silent-on-captured-local-govts-in-yobe-borno/215573/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

You forgot to post how many people Boko Haram has maimed in Chad, Niger, and Cameroon in the past 7 days grin grin

Your news report is one sided....olodo...the whole of that Chad basin/Sahel region is being attacked across borders.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/suspected-boko-haram-militants-kill-23-in-cameroon-village-10403445.html
you should know mzilakazi thinks BH attacks only Nigeria.... I don't bother explaining to him 'cos he will still say BH is Nigeria...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
ddami:
you should know mzilakazi thinks BH attacks only Nigeria.... I don't bother explaining to him 'cos he will still say BH is Nigeria...

Nigeria is always the most hit yet they have the most capable army as you claim.

BH still in control of 5 LG in yobe.

http://www.todayfmlive.com/world-news/item/175-boko-haram-insurgents-are-still-in-control-of-five-local-government-areas-in-borno-and-yobe-states.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
EVarn:
Explain

Nigerian troops should have been deployed to retain the area after they send Chadian troops packing out of their borders.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nigeria is always the most hit yet they have the most capable army as you claim.

BH still in control of 5 LG in yobe.

http://www.todayfmlive.com/world-news/item/175-boko-haram-insurgents-are-still-in-control-of-five-local-government-areas-in-borno-and-yobe-states.html
There has been a war there since yesterday BTW. BH & our military.. and as at yesternight they already reclaimed one..,,,besides BH does not control a LG,, they only launch guerilla attacks there frequently...

But why do you always type like chad is doing us a favour,, when they are also fighting for theirselves...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
ddami:
There has been a war there since yesterday BTW. BH & our military.. and as at yesternight they already reclaimed one..,,,

But why do you always type like chad is doing us a favour,, when they are also fighting for theirselves...

I can really feel your frustrations that BH is giving your dead military a tough time there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

I can really feel your frustrations that BH is giving your dead military a tough time there.
Nope,, you can't feel it 'cos you only type about it,,, we are the ones experiencing it here..... Our 'dead military' as you typed has prevented BH from extending to other states,, they already chased BH out of 2states Abuja & katsina..,,,,

Leave them alone,, they are the ones in the frontline not you,, if they are dead I won't be typing on NL..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
EVarn:
And so,we meet again dievluit.I almost believed that you had finally fled from this forum with your cowardly tail firmly tucked between wobbly legs like a chastened hound,after our last encounter where I smashed you into tiny pieces....it seems you have forgotten your place once again,pity I will have to reteach you.
About the Chibok girls:

You see,finding the chibok girls is a priority to the government due to the political implications,but in truth,our current administration has made it quite clear that finding any of those girls is highly uncertain,but that doesnt mean that the government will not at least try.
Of course,I dont expect you to understand anything beyond your crude mentallity.

1. The Chibok girls no longer exist.
2. You have no proof that they live.
3. Consequently, they will never be found.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:
CLAIMS OF BOKO-HARAM HOLDING TERRITORY A RUSE BY POLITICIANS TO ATTRACT FUNDING

“Military sources who spoke to THISDAY yesterday dismissed the claims that were made during the National Economic Council meeting held in Abuja on Thursday as “alarmist and a political gimmick for patronage”.

“They noted that politicians were trying to mislead members of the public by falsely claiming that five LGAs are under the control of the terrorists.”

“One of the senior officers clarified that the prevailing situation on ground, saying, “in some towns, Boko Haram have some presence and launch guerrilla attacks from time to time, which is different from holding a town.”

He added: “I don’t know where they get such LGAs from. I mean they should have named the local governments and let us verify, if they are sure of their claims. That Boko Haram makes a hit and run attacks in one or two towns does not in any way translate to holding any ground.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/military-silent-on-captured-local-govts-in-yobe-borno/215573/

Let me guess...

...the denials come from the military.

No, ja...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nigerian troops should have been deployed to retain the area after they send Chadian troops packing out of their borders.
They shouldnt have entered the town when they knew that they couldnt sustain a prolonged seige.
Perhaps they 'liberated' the town to facilitate smooth passage of illegal arms into BH hands through the borders.Of course,i'm not insinuating anything,Chad has 'battle hardened' saints fighting against terrorists in sub-saharan Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
These f@ucktards are all beggars their President Bubu-Barie went on his knees to the US and there f@ucktards were told to get the f@uck back to there shiithole infested terrorist haven, while Obama snubbed Bubu-Bari and went on his Safari to Kenya.

The US refuses to donate more hand me downs because of there military's appalling human rights record.
http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dont-blame-us-for-not-supporting.html?m=1

This is the useless Nigerian army who kill there own people and torture over 8000 prisoners.

https://www.leahy.senate.gov/press/reaction-of-senator-patrick-leahy-d-vt-to-nigerian-president-buharis-mis-directed-criticism-of-the-leahy-law-on-human-rights

Come and give us more excuses for your banana Federal Republic who went to the US on there knees to beg for Apache helos.

I wonder where were the so called NL military analyst who has yahoo boys in dusty places.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
DieVluit:

tut tut tut...surely you can do better than numerical notations and inane sarcasm.Why,i must confess my disappointment,it seems you are growing soft in your old age.
Alright then,lets play your game:
Give me proof that the chibok girls "no longer exist",and I promise to humor you by answering your requests.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
DictatorZAR:
These f@ucktards are all beggars their President Bubu-Barie went on his knees to the US and there f@ucktards were told to get the f@uck back to there shiithole infested terrorist haven, while Obama snubbed Bubu-Bari and went on his Safari to Kenya.

The US refuses to donate more hand me downs because of there military's appalling human rights record.
http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dont-blame-us-for-not-supporting.html?m=1

This is the useless Nigerian army who kill there own people and torture over 8000 prisoners.

https://www.leahy.senate.gov/press/reaction-of-senator-patrick-leahy-d-vt-to-nigerian-president-buharis-mis-directed-criticism-of-the-leahy-law-on-human-rights

Come and give us more excuses for your banana Federal Republic who went to the US on there knees to beg for Apache helos.

I wonder where were the so called NL military analyst who has yahoo boys in dusty places.

I been saying. And then their useless dictator (who now wants people to think he's a democrat) wants to say that the US is aiding and abetting Boko Haram. Like, the hell...!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
EVarn:

Give me proof that the chibok girls "no longer exist",and I promise to humor you by answering your requests.

The fact that no one can prove that they live.

First rule of negotiating for hostages is that you must get proof of life.

There is no such proof of life. So, either Nigerian leaders are fo0ls.. Or liars...or both.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
ddami:
There has been a war there since yesterday BTW. BH & our military.. and as at yesternight they already reclaimed one..,,,besides BH does not control a LG,, they only launch guerilla attacks there frequently...

So, which town did military retake from BH? was that also not under BH control?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
DieVluit:

The fact that no one can prove that they live.

First rule of negotiating for hostages is that you must get proof of life.

There is no such proof of life. So, either Nigerian leaders are fo0ls.. Or liars...or both.
And what evidence do you have to lend credence to your claim that "no one can prove that they live",do you work in the Nigerian Intelligence?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
DieVluit:

New emerging facts suggest that the Chibok kidnap might have been false and made up for political gains in the first instance.

300 girls not found anywhere on earth, UFO stole them away to Jupiter?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
mzilakazi:
Former SAAF mercenary pilots giving combat qualified Nigerian pilots lessons.

http://africajournalismtheworld.com/tag/saaf-pilots-in-boko-war/

‘Most of the gunships [Mi 24 Hinds] are being piloted
by former SAAF members and they are flying a huge
number of sorties, including nocturnal operations,
with great success. There is also close involvement at
HQ level, assisting in the planning of operations and
the coordination/interpretation of the intelligence
effort.’

Jakkie Cilliers, Executive Director of the Institute for
Security Studies (ISS) in Pretoria, agrees that the
best of the ex-SADF soldiers are indeed involved in
the anti-Boko Haram operation

Show us their photo.

How does a mercenary with ZERO hours training per year, qualify to fly sophisticated Mi-35 Hind E that Russia just developed in year 2005 ?

Even SAAF don't dare fly a Rooivalk without combat qualification, even your qualified pilots crash AW 109 and Rooivalk.

You think flying a computriized aircraft is like riding a motorcycle? Mumu cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=mzilakazi post=36267508][/quote] Dikwa town,,
So you ignored my post about your 6,000 job loss yesterday,.,, continu..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

Show us their photo.

How does a mercenary with ZERO hours training per year, qualify to fly Mi-35 Hind E that Russia just developed in year 2012 ?

Even SAAF don't dare fly a Rooivalk without combat qualification, even your qualified pilots crash AW 109 and Rooivalk.

You think flying a computriized aircraft is like riding a motorcycle? Mumu cheesycheesy

Augubugu how many F-7 relics from your original 15 did your unqualified pilots crash again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

Show us their photo.

How does a mercenary with ZERO hours training per year, qualify to fly Mi-35 Hind E that Russia just developed in year 2012 ?

Mercenaries do not need hours to fly, they violate the law as they please.

Sorry!!! I am not Thomas. Nelson Mandela is dead yet I have never seen his corpse on the media.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
ddami:
Dikwa town,,

So you ignored my post about your 6,000 job loss yesterday,.,, continu..

Which 6000 job loses
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF has NO land based Umkhonto missile in service, and no date for service has been fixed, it's still under testing and maybe in service year 2020....and the max ceiling is only 12 km for the next generation development, the current one is only 8km ceiling. Angola will make slaves out of you all inside Cape Colony.

NAF and SAAF both have short range missiles. Your Gripen is worth nothing when NAF has the same missile range.

NA has better air defence missiles than SANDF.

Angola is better than both of us, but their region of influence is your backyard SADC not our own ECOWAS, did you see the South African military analysts mention threat to Nigeria on defenceweb? No, the threat is in your home, Angola is contesting SADC airspace and will take over from South Africa while you watch dumbfounded and helpless grin grin

1. G6 was still in development when it was used in Quito
2. Ceiling of 12km is better than the ceiling of the Roland
3. Gripen > F7 in WVR
4. No you dont
5. Angolan Su30K's can reach Nigeria

So easy to defeat

#UpYourGame
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

Fact is that everything Boko Haram captured has be recovered by Nigerian army or destroyed, what is the use of capturing a vehicle and losing it back to the owner, what has Boko Haram gained, 3 months celebration followed by death and defeat? LOL. Boko got killed cheaply.

We dont have 42 military bases in NE, Boko Haram 'captured' 45 towns and we have killed all of them and taken back our towns, so who loses? Boko Haram. Who wins? Nigerian military.

Nobody cares about the middle of a war, the most important thing is the end of the war, and Nigeria has won.

Germany was winning and capturing whole nations all over Europe at the beginning of world war II, but they lost the war at the end and got cut down into pieces, so what matters is the end of a war.

Nigeria has won the war. Show me a South African war that your South African SADF/SANDF has ever won in your modern military history.

Born to fail....SANDF grin grin

Stop asking for old things to be repeated, Taliban captures American military vehicles and drives them around, the mighty USA does not have the half the courage of Nigerian troops to go get their armoured vehicles back from terrorists.

Nigerian soldiers are braver than American soldiers in final result of war....USA is running away from Afghanistan after failure for 13 years

PHOTO : TALIBAN POSING WITH CAPTURED AMERICAN ARMY ARMOURED VEHICLES, THEY CAPTURED MANY !

1. Thats unknown insurgents posing with a HMV of unknown background (Could be ANA, ANP, INA, INP)
2. You lost over 42 bases - and the war rages on as we speak
3. You won the war? Yet it rages on!
3a. WW1 (East Africa), WW2 (Madagascar, Ethiopia), Angola
4. American soldiers secured a FOREIGN COUNTRY and are going home. Nigerian soldiers are unable to defend THEIR OWN COUNTRY
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. G6 was still in development when it was used in Quito
2. Ceiling of 12km is better than the ceiling of the Roland
3. Gripen > F7 in WVR
4. No you dont
5. Angolan Su30K's can reach Nigeria

So easy to defeat

#UpYourGame

1. G6 is just a gun NOT an advanced guided missile system. SANDF has NO single land based Umkhonto in service, it's under development.

2. The 12 km ceiling of a missile you do not have yet = 0 km ceiling

3. South African military experts have decided that SAAF Gripens stay parked and hidden on ground at the air base anytime Angola is in the air

4. Nigeria has Roland missile in service

5. Angola is more of a threat to SADC than ECOWAS, we have no contest for regional dominance, we belong to different regions.

#YourGameKeeps GoingDown
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

Citation needed that Roland is not operational in Nigerian army arsenal, we paraded it just last year, so show me proof of it's expiry date.

Nobody will fly Su-30 Flanker into range of anti-aircraft gun like a fool.

Whatever South Africa has will be destroyed by Angola, even your SAAF pilots on defenceweb have agreed that Angola can destroy Eskom.

Angola will carpet bomb the SANDF with iron bombs and incendiary bombs, at 5 km altitude and you will have no army left on earth !

NAF F-7 jets = SAAF Gripen....but our pilots fly more and are better, all combat qualified, your own are ZERO qualified for combat

1. Iraqi missiles bought AFTER your missiles were found to be EXPIRED. Conclusion: Roland missiles are expired
2. They will have to fly low to deploy unguided bombs and rockets
3. LOL - you really think they will do this? With what accuracy? they will bomb the empty veldt and nothing else!
4. F7 =/= Gripen and no, your pilots are not better
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

Mercenaries do not need hours to fly, they violate the law as they please.

Sorry!!! I am not Thomas. Nelson Mandela is dead yet I have never seen his corpse on the media.

Mandela's funeral ceremony has 1,000 photos and many on internet. Except you are blind.

Those mercenaries will crash and die trying to fly a modern computerized 2005 Mi-35 Hind E that has training facility only in Russia

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

New emerging facts suggest that the Chibok kidnap might have been false and made up for political gains in the first instance.

300 girls not found anywhere on earth, UFO stole them away to Jupiter?

Boko Haram.beat you hands down that you will start concocting theories. Even with hundreds of parents showing and video of the girls you still believe that nonsense.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
ddami:
hhuu my dear mzilakazi,,, so I heard that your mining sector is set to cut down 6,000 Jobs,,,,, do you know that when Nigerians wanted to boycott MTN during your xenophobic fame,, they threatened us with 6,000 Job loss..... Hhuuu IRONY OF LIFE,,,

Best part -- THE FIGURES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

http://news.sky.com/story/1524558/anglo-american-to-cut-6000-jobs-as-profits-fall and you just said 'WHICH' like you don't know about it..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
agaugust:

Mandela's funeral ceremony has 1,000 photos and many on internet. Except you are blind.

Those mercenaries will crash and die trying to fly a modern computerized 2005 Mi-35 Hind E that has training facility only in Russia

Mandela funeral without his body being shown was enough to convince us that Mandela was dead. So, in SA is the same with people phoning in various whites radio stations communicating with mercenaries from Nigeria was enough to convince us SA mercenary fighter pilots were flying sorties for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.