Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,754 members, 7,865,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4469187 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 21, 2013
snydergp: Anything in the infantry specs close to this operating this in Nigeria I think nottongue

This is AGL is another testimony of SA's Denel technological supremacy in the military field.grin

This would've been a great force multiplier in the fight against Bo.ko B.oys.grin

Yh, I do have to agree with you. I believe this system is mounted on ugandan army cassipirs in somalia. That been said even on gun trucks the nigerian army mounts 50.CALs and 12.7mm's.

The same thing for our up armoured pinzguaer trucks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
souldust: dont you all think we should stop buying from outside except that which we need in the now? I think we should we should invest in research and build our own weapons including the fighters. There is no reason we shouldnt make a mighty warship NNS mamiwater, APC Ajagun etc. We should become a weapon manufacturer.

You are right. That is what we should do.

On the bright side though, we currently have 3 known private defence companies in nigeria.
Proforce defence in ogun state is the largest of them, we also have modant defence( small nd medium gun boats/ crafts) based in port harcourt and a surveillance & digital defence company based in calabar.

What the government needs to do is to support them more as they(govt) are currently doing and provide an enabling environment for them to thrive.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 21, 2013
Fynline: Nigreia Army SF

In terms of kitting and firearms in nigeria, the navy special forces and the SSS storm troopers are on another planet when compared to the army or police.

The army especially still has a long way to go, but for regular troops and special forces. The army should please do away with those AK-47's and better kit her personnel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2013
Henry120:

In terms of kitting and firearms in nigeria, the navy special forces and the SSS storm troopers are on another planet when compared to the army or police.

The army especially still has a long way to go, but for regular troops and special forces. The army should please do away with those AK-47's and better kit her personnel.

On the issue of the AK-47 i agree with you a 100%. A more effective assult rifle is urgently needed coupled with the requisite iteneries-side arm very important. Apart from the aforementioned, i think every other thing is ok. I am not a fan of fancy or fancifull kits. I saw the SF pics of CV on some pages back..beautiful dats all i could say nothing more...and u knw dats not a compliment. SF is about wat u can du as a fall out of training and experiance and not about the parade ground impression!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2013
Henry120:

I believe we are all in agreement that the AK-47s need to go and be replaced with something more modern and more efficient.That being said ,i agree that cost is an issue.I for one believe the Tavor and Scars are similar in price and like Yeboyes said (if we can afford it) we should go for the Scars.

In regards to the recommendation you made in regards to the army giving the NSCDC their weapons,i do not think that is a good idea.The NSCDC in my opinion are a para military force and should instead carry small side arms as well as Tazers. I will also like our policemen to stop carry Ak 47s and instead carry side arms and Tazers. Our police force is too militarized hence why we get all these case of police brutality and accidental discharge all the time.

Don't get me wrong i know there will be times when they will need to engage well armed criminals but i think the policing model being used world wide is what we should adapt for our police force and the NSFDC so that they can be civilian friendly.

You see the police officers carry side arms and tazers on their person and keep their assault rifle in their cars.This reduces the risk of them assaulting citizens with assault rifles.In my opinion our police officers should look like this :

[img]http://www.gsps.ca/en/resources/Copyofpol16.jpg[/img]

Instead of looking like combatants:

Members of the NPF and the NSCDC should be trained to use Tazers first before using any lethal force.They can keep the AKs in their cars in case they encounter heavily armed criminals.This will save a lot of lives that are lost yearly at the hands of some members of the NPF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:09pm On May 21, 2013
snydergp: Anything in the infantry specs close to this operating this in Nigeria I think nottongue

This is AGL is another testimony of SA's Denel technological supremacy in the military field.grin

This would've been a great force multiplier in the fight against Bo.ko B.oys.grin

Is it in service? What's the name? What's the price? I may need one at home, my neighbor has a troublesome dog that hates my black face. Lol. grin

as for technological supremacy in military field, Denel and South Africa are not at that level yet. America and the other advanced countries including Israel and Pakiatan are still far ahead of south Africa. Even Nigeria is building a Stealth Guided Missile Light Frigate Warship at home in Lagos shipyard Apapa, and Nigerian built Robots and Land drones USV are already attacking B.oko H.aram and Mali rebels in full scale war.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 21, 2013
agaugust:

Is it in service? What's the name? What's the price? I may need one at home, my neighbor has a troublesome dog that hates my black face. Lol. grin

as for technological supremacy in military field, Denel and South Africa are not at that level yet. America and the other advanced countries including Israel and Pakiatan are still far ahead of south Africa. Even Nigeria is building a Stealth Guided Missile Light Frigate Warship at home in Lagos shipyard Apapa, and Nigerian built Robots and Land drones USV are already attacking B.oko H.aram and Mali rebels in full scale war.

That weapon can blow up a city block with its precision Grenades launched at a target.

I guess sarcasm is in your nature.tongue

The Y3-AGL has been developed in the late 1990's by DENEL, and came into service with the SANDF in 2003 and has been upgraded since with a new computer and guidance systems since 2008.

Now that is what we in the military call a true hell fire force multiplier, with 4 different types of Grenade payloads its ten times more deadlier then the MGL developed by Denel which is currently in service in the US Marines.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 21, 2013
agaugust:

Are you talking about the same Pakistan who bough the Raptor II PGM from the same Denel.

Are you talking about the same West and US who uses SA Denel built Helmet look and fire systems on there fighter jets.

Are you talking about the same US/Nato who uses SA manufactured and developed mine protected vechiles, with over 250 already being currently exported to the US under BAE-OMC, Denel Land Systems and Paramount who is currently supplying vechiles to Brazil.

Are we talking about countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Algeria, Sweden, Finland, Pakistan and UAE.

Brazil who jointly will operate the A-Dartar AAM with SANDF.

The UAE who will operate the Seeker-400 UAV with the Mopaka anti tank missile.

Your own Nigerian Army bough SA Caspirs also.

There's no current weaponized AUV used against B.ko H or any domestically built in Nigeria, even the Amenbo III has no hardpoints.

Don't talk about the same Isreal who sold you a drones that didn't even work properly according to your own Beeagle blog in 2012. Go google this yourself.

Let's not go on and on over this nonsense again.

When it comes to R&grin in the military field both Goverment and Private sector there's no comparison between SA and Nigeria as we speak, so please leave the blind patriotism for another day.

This is the same reason why we as africans still can't trade within the continent, too much brain washed fools who still thinks Europe is the masters of everything I weep for you man.

Lastly is it not the same US Navy who now use Australian developed LCS ship technology for the new Litteral Warships.

I thought you worked for a military consultancy, these are things you should've known by now. SA's military budget including all africa's budgets don't even come to 20% of what US military budget of over $800bn so of course the US can give Lockheed-Martin and Boeing Mil more money to develop more systems then SA, SA is in a niche market segment of there own the same as Israel who by the way receives a $5bn grant each year for there military including other support.

Stop acting like a child this is the reason why some of us are slowly starting to decrease our participation on this Thread.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 21, 2013
Fynline:

On the issue of the AK-47 i agree with you a 100%. A more effective assult rifle is urgently needed coupled with the requisite iteneries-side arm very important. Apart from the aforementioned, i think every other thing is ok. I am not a fan of fancy or fancifull kits. I saw the SF pics of CV on some pages back..beautiful dats all i could say nothing more...and u knw dats not a compliment. SF is about wat u can du as a fall out of training and experiance and not about the parade ground impression!
No doubt the special forces soldier is defined by how effective he can carry out his task and not what he wears. That been said,
I'm a fan of good kits/kitting though. The navy special boat squadron and the SSS really know how to do it.

The army really needs to do away with these ak-47's though. Get into the 21'st century like the navy and SSS. It's not like they are badly kitted though. Just average.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 21, 2013
playmode:

I believe we are all in agreement that the AK-47s need to go and be replaced with something more modern and more efficient.That being said ,i agree that cost is an issue.I for one believe the Tavor and Scars are similar in price and like Yeboyes said (if we can afford it) we should go for the Scars.

In regards to the recommendation you made in regards to the army giving the NSCDC their weapons,i do not think that is a good idea.The NSCDC in my opinion are a para military force and should instead carry small side arms as well as Tazers. I will also like our policemen to stop carry Ak 47s and instead carry side arms and Tazers. Our police force is too militarized hence why we get all these case of police brutality and accidental discharge all the time.

Don't get me wrong i know there will be times when they will need to engage well armed criminals but i think the policing model being used world wide is what we should adapt for our police force and the NSFDC so that they can be civilian friendly.

You see the police officers carry side arms and tazers on their person and keep their assault rifle in their cars.This reduces the risk of them assaulting citizens with assault rifles.In my opinion our police officers should look like this :

[img]http://www.gsps.ca/en/resources/Copyofpol16.jpg[/img]

Instead of looking like combatants:

Members of the NPF and the NSCDC should be trained to use Tazers first before using any lethal force.They can keep the AKs in their cars in case they encounter heavily armed criminals.This will save a lot of lives that are lost yearly at the hands of some members of the NPF.

For the police, you plan is perfect. I for one still also think our nation is too militarised. Let me also add that revamping our mopol, which is supposed to be a SWAT/ TACTICAL team is the only way forward for us at the moment.

The police
*pistols and tasers
* shot guns
* and a well armed and kitted SWAT team on the go

NSCDC

I dis-agree with you, since their job operation is a pretty dangerous one. Patrolling Our creeks and safe guarding our pipelines is not a job, you'd want to be caught under-armed. Especially when you are serving in the bushes far away from any possible help.

So the NSCDC which is rightly a para-military should be given our army AK-47's when, and if the army ditches them.

For the FN SCAR, we all know the rifles do not come cheap. I do not believe our army has the money to purchase over 130,000 pieces of that rifle. The tavor is a little less cheaper than the FN SCAR, it also is far better accurate than the M-4 carbine, and also more compact. Less accurate than the FN SCAR or the HK416 though. The tavor, and the manner it is deployed in nigeria is great.

Secondly, you need to look at american un-predictable bureaucracy. See how they( brits) wrecked our brand new jaguar jets. It is best we stay away from western arms or rifles.

Our best bet is too look east to russia, the AK-L 74 currently deployed by the police anti-terror squad is our best option. It has a fibre butt stuck, a fore hand grip, rail for sights that might suit our needs, and they used composite materials. It's basically an enhanced and up-graded ak-74. Plus we make the rounds at DICON. It retains the ruggedness and reliability of the ak-74, recoil is reduced, range at 550m is well improved upon, and it's pleasing to look at.

For special forces teams, the same thing, both a shorter more compact version.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 21, 2013
snydergp:

.[/b]

I don't think we bought the casspirs, I believe it's the GILAL we purchased. I've seen photos of nigerian troops with ith in sudan.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Ndubuisi711: 8:13pm On May 21, 2013
Gentlemen unfortunately Nigeria has no any interest of procuring submarines that Augustine has spoke about, rather she is focusing on building her economy to compete with the rest of the world. Nigeria has got no intention of expanding her arsenal. Such attempts has failed many times because is not a lucrative deal.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:38pm On May 21, 2013
snydergp:

Are you talking about the same Pakistan who bough the Raptor II PGM from the same Denel.

Are you talking about the same West and US who uses SA Denel built Helmet look and fire systems on there fighter jets.

Are you talking about the same US/Nato who uses SA manufactured and developed mine protected vechiles, with over 250 already being currently exported to the US under BAE-OMC, Denel Land Systems and Paramount who is currently supplying vechiles to Brazil.

Are we talking about countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Algeria, Sweden, Finland, Pakistan and UAE.

Brazil who jointly will operate the A-Dartar AAM with SANDF.

The UAE who will operate the Seeker-400 UAV with the Mopaka anti tank missile.

Your own Nigerian Army bough SA Caspirs also.

There's no current weaponized AUV used against B.ko H or any domestically built in Nigeria, even the Amenbo III has no hardpoints.

Don't talk about the same Isreal who sold you a drones that didn't even work properly according to your own Beeagle blog in 2012. Go google this yourself.

Let's not go on and on over this nonsense again.

When it comes to R&grin in the military field both Goverment and Private sector there's no comparison between SA and Nigeria as we speak, so please leave the blind patriotism for another day.

This is the same reason why we as africans still can't trade within the continent, too much brain washed fools who still thinks Europe is the masters of everything I weep for you man.

Lastly is it not the same US Navy who now use Australian developed LCS ship technology for the new Litteral Warships.

I thought you worked for a military consultancy, these are things you should've known by now. SA's military budget including all africa's budgets don't even come to 20% of what US military budget of over $800bn so of course the US can give Lockheed-Martin and Boeing Mil more money to develop more systems then SA, SA is in a niche market segment of there own the same as Israel who by the way receives a $5bn grant each year for there military including other support.

Stop acting like a child this is the reason why some of us are slowly starting to decrease our participation on this Thread.

Relax boy, I didn't say your Denel AGL is bad, but if you see that my neighbors dog you will pee pee in your boxers...its a big wild bulldog, looks like a rhinoceros huge and wild....and it hates my black face.

Don't compare sleep with death, Pakistan, built its own JF-17 Thunder jet fighter equal in capability to Sweden's Grippen jet fighter that South Africa could not build and had to Import.

Pakistan built its own Submarines but South Africa had to import Submarines from Germany. Don't compare sleep with death, Pakistan, Isreal, India etc are far ahead of South Africa in military manufacturing technology.

I did not say Nigeria used Amebo drone to attack B.oko H.aram and Mali rebels, I said Nigerian army and air force built domestically and used land drones and robots to do both recce and attack and the newspaper reports for it were posted here. We built those modern equipment fully I'm Nigeria, that has been posted on this forum with web links about 10 days ago when you went into self exile or you were detained in a cell somewhere because of your b.ig m.outh . Lol grin

Nigeria too is now a major military heavy weapons builder in Africa, we are building 70% of a very modern guides missile stealth warship.

If you leave this forum because of the truth people post here, then good bye. Life goes on without you here. We all know you started running away from This forum since Soith African army was defeated by Seleka rebels in CAR.

Last question...did your soldiers use the AGL against seleka rebels ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:44pm On May 21, 2013
Ndubuisi711: Gentlemen unfortunately Nigeria has no any interest of procuring submarines that Augustine has spoke about, rather she is focusing on building her economy to compete with the rest of the world. Nigeria has got no intention of expanding her arsenal. Such attempts has failed many times because is not a lucrative deal.

Sorry sir, where are you posting from ? I hope you didn't write your above comment lying down with a laptop on a psycho hospital bed. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 21, 2013
SANDF DRC pre-deployment training

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 21, 2013
More

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:27am On May 22, 2013
Naija policemen look like they are hungry lol grin grin grin angry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:03am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Naija policemen look like they are hungry lol grin grin grin angry

it depends on who you see among them, try this one below....your wife may get rival soon o !

nigerian woman...

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:25am On May 22, 2013

in south africa, you wont find a beautiful woman like the nigerian girl above lol grin

south african woman below....

[img]http://nanojv.files./2012/07/monusco.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:28am On May 22, 2013
agaugust:

it depends on who you see among them, try this one below....your wife may get rival soon o !

nigerian woman...

Woow she rocks
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:38am On May 22, 2013
agaugust:

nigerian woman...

MILF tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GeneralJ(m): 5:07am On May 22, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:27am On May 22, 2013
Nice media opps by the south africans, this is one area where our army is lagging behind. In nigeria the military, not until recently( navy and to some extent airforce) do not release photographs. Most of the pics posted by nigerians are either random photographs or troops personal photos. The south africans, egyptians, algerians and even the Kenyans understand the value of good photo opps. However in nigeria the army is still stuck in the past.

That been said, the last 2 photos I pasted, show major flaws in south african military "retreating" training.

When troops retreat the way the south africans have in the first photo, they leave themselves very vulnerable to enemy attack. Only one soldier is providing covering fire for seven(7) retreating troops.

* As we can all see clearly the training is still on.

This is how we do it in nigeria, all seven(7) soldiers would been on crouching position, facing back towards enemy position, the last soldier in the line stands up and sprints( in a crouched position) to the first soldier in line, while the other six provide cover fire. The sixth soldier, now the seventh in line performs the same routine as the seventh soldier who is now the first soldier.

This process repeats itself again and again until they get to their chopper awaiting to ferry them away. What it means is that at all times during the retreat, the soldier retreating has 6 rifles providing cover fire for him, as he retreats.

Another example say the troops are 24 in number, they divide themselves in 6 groups of 4 members. So when a group of four(4) soldiers retreating, they get 20 others, providing cover fire.

It is smarter, safer and less risky to retreat the nigerian way, than what these SANDF troops are doing. With just 1 cover fire.

For the second photo, in picking or dropping troops. NAF usually takes 2 choppers e.g NAF puma and armed augusta luh as escort. While troops slide down the ropes of the NAF puma, the NAF augusta job is to provide cover fire for the NAF puma while troops are dropped or picked. You'd see NAF augusta luh(armed) going in circles round NAF puma, full 360 degrees covering fire.

Just my observations in the 2 photos, observations were SANDF can learn a couple of things from the nigerian military.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:51am On May 22, 2013
Henry120: Nice media opps by the south africans, this is one area where our army is lagging behind. In nigeria the military, not until recently( navy and to some extent airforce) do not release photographs. Most of the pics posted by nigerians are either random photographs or troops personal photos. The south africans, egyptians, algerians and even the Kenyans understand the value of good photo opps. However in nigeria the army is still stuck in the past.

That been said, the last 2 photos I pasted, show major flaws in south african military "retreating" training.

When troops retreat the way the south africans have in the first photo, they leave themselves very vulnerable to enemy attack. Only one soldier is providing covering fire for seven(7) retreating troops.

This is how we do it in nigeria, all seven(7) soldiers would been on crouching position, facing back towards enemy position, the last soldier in the line stands up and sprints( in a crouched position) to the first soldier in line, while the other six provide cover fire. The sixth soldier, now the seventh in line performs the same routine as the seventh soldier who is now the first soldier.

This process repeats itself again and again until they get to their chopper awaiting to ferry them away. What it means is that at all times during the retreat, the soldier retreating has 6 rifles providing cover fire for him, as he retreats.

Another example say the troops are 24 in number, they divide themselves in 6 groups of 4 members. So when a group of four(4) soldiers retreating, they get 20 others, providing cover fire.

It is smarter, safer and less risky to retreat the nigerian way, than what these SANDF troops are doing. With just 1 cover fire.

For the second photo, in picking or dropping troops. NAF usually takes 2 choppers e.g NAF puma and armed augusta luh as escort. While troops slide down the ropes of the NAF puma, the NAF augusta job is to provide cover fire for the NAF puma while troops are dropped or picked. You'd see NAF augusta luh(armed) going in circles round NAF puma, full 360 degrees covering fire.

Just my observations in the 2 photos, observations were SANDF can learn a couple of things from the nigerian military.

What nonsense are you talking now. What is there to learn from a nation like nigeria, SA's Recce forces have been in existence before Nigeria was even declared a Independent state in 1960(no offense).

SA's military doctrine is different from Nigeria, training, culturally and ethically, the same goes for Egypt, Angola, US, China and Others, so I don't see any point in what you've just posted here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by playmode(m): 7:52am On May 22, 2013
Henry120: Nice media opps by the south africans, this is one area where our army is lagging behind. In nigeria the military, not until recently( navy and to some extent airforce) do not release photographs. Most of the pics posted by nigerians are either random photographs or troops personal photos. The south africans, egyptians, algerians and even the Kenyans understand the value of good photo opps. However in nigeria the army is still stuck in the past.

Bros abeg take it easy on this South Africans now? Chai see as you decimate their yeye retreating strategy? I hear the South are very good at running,one them even hid in a church for 3 days while mates were being hammred by seleka.Guess how they rewarded him for abandoning his mates and hiding? They gave him a medal ,yes the SANDF rewards cowards with medals grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:17am On May 22, 2013
SANDF is alreadky preparing for an intense firefight with the M23 rebels.

It seems the SANDF, Malawi and Tanzanian soldiers/SADC Brigade would be involved in confrontation with DRC rebels as early as next week. With Tanzanian troops already in DRC and SANDF troop contingent already in Uganda with most of the hardware.
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-30501/

I'm sorry to say that due to my current commitments from tomorrow on words I will be out of SA and, it will not be possible for me to participate in this forum for an unspecified time I bid farewell to Nairaland for now I pray God will take care of my fellow Naija Brothers who I love to argue with viciously.

@Henry hope your training is going well in the pic below.grin

Till further notice take care.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by LTSHANGY: 8:31am On May 22, 2013
I recently noticed a fascinating trend in the NA OFFENSIVE AGAINST BOKO HARAM/ANSAR DINE TERRORISTS, The use of airstrikes and special forces to dislodge the terrorists,then the regular forces comes up as mop-up forces is interesting, i think they learnt alot from the french forces in the recently concluded malian offensive. thus aquiring minimal casualties.excellent form for the NA. THESE SANDF RETREAT TACTICS is tactless. notice the covering fire is at the front(the last man should be doing that), the last foto makes me think the retreat is in dissaray. I recently noticed a fascinating trend in the NA OFFENSIVE AGAINST BOKO HARAM/ANSAR DINE TERRORISTS, The use of airstrikes and special forces to dislodge the terrorists,then the regular forces comes up as mop-up forces is interesting, i think they learnt alot from the french forces in the recently concluded malian offensive. thus aquiring minimal casualties.excellent form for the NA. THESE SANDF RETREAT TACTICS is tactless. notice the covering fire is at the front(the last man should be doing that), the last foto makes me think the retreat is in dissaray.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2013
Improvising-Nigeria Soldiers

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 22, 2013
Fynline: Improvising-Nigeria Soldiers

Homeless security guard.tongue

Now this is the worst pic I've seen from NA in a long time I would rather go for the woman soldier then that ugly improvised NA Special Forces member.tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Ndubuisi711: 9:26am On May 22, 2013
agaugust:

Sorry sir, where are you posting from ? I hope you didn't write your above comment lying down with a laptop on a psycho hospital bed. grin

Sorry, I am employed by the federal government and your being in America has really intensified your backwardness about current news in Nigeria. Luckily our federal government is not led by psycho like you who are over-obsessed about military and rather ignore the people's needs to quench their narrow interest. It is apparent that your education about such industries is solely based on the internet and there are some realities that you cannot necessarily learn from the internet and rather would have to go to school to learn about that. It looks to me that your over-obsession about military power has really diverted your attention about the government priorities and for which military is not one.

I can even post many weblinks that will educate you about the government strategy and focus. Gone are those years when military used to be prioritised over peoples basic needs. Nigeria looks like a jungle today because of those leaders who used to have the very same faulty ideas like yours. We are very lucky that Nigeria has sober leaders today and that's why you have seen in the recent years Nigeria overtaking the likes of Egypt and on its way to unseat SA as economic power of Africa.

I repeat, Nigeria has no any intention of procuring heavy armaments other than small arms. Our politicians have over-emphasised the fact that heavy artillery will not make Nigeria to look beautiful and rich rather will starve its people.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Homeless security guard.tongue

Now this is the worst pic I've seen from NA in a long time I would rather go for the woman soldier then that ugly improvised NA Special Forces member.tongue

Where did i mention that he is a Special Force memeber? I have been following this thread for so long and have refused to comment because of the imaturity most of you display and thats what u just displayed. I dont want to engage anyone on this thread in a conversation cos i dont want to be insulted so i choose to speak with pictures and if i must i will only do so with responsible people
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:35am On May 22, 2013
snydergp: SANDF is alreadky preparing for an intense firefight with the M23 rebels.

It seems the SANDF, Malawi and Tanzanian soldiers/SADC Brigade would be involved in confrontation with DRC rebels as early as next week. With Tanzanian troops already in DRC and SANDF troop contingent already in Uganda with most of the hardware.
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-30501/

I'm sorry to say that due to my current commitments from tomorrow on words I will be out of SA and, it will not be possible for me to participate in this forum for an unspecified time I bid farewell to Nairaland for now I pray God will take care of my fellow Naija Brothers who I love to argue with viciously.

@Henry hope your training is going well in the pic below.grin

Till further notice take care.

I salute u SA Airfoce member and son of AZANIA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.