Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4440923 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

JJC feeling funky! You have jut arrived on Nairaland and feeling all dandy about your recyled stance?
Just so that you check properly for your manhood ... would it mean you and all SA men are so ugly that all your women run after Nigerian men?

you f.inished him grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

show us south african made land drone USV and military space spy balloon like nigeria has produces without outside help. you build what you choose, we build what we choose. use your common sense. ask intelligent questions like an adult.

I bielve only isreal uses large USVs though we do have a few bots for rescue and eod work.

I showed a sa spybaloon that even better because it has a radar.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
andrewza:
no you did not prove it, you failed to show how the roland built to fight low flying tagets would stop a saaf fighter droping pgms from out of the range of it's missiel. you proved nothing there same has with the naval simmlustion. only thing you proved was you know nothing.

Roland/Type 90 Vs Gripen/Paveway/Umbani was treated in great detail with many live combat simulations for many days by many people on this forum including @fighter pilot in months may/june. no winner, Roland and Gripen could no harm each other.

for you to write the nonsense post above, i feel like calling you the biggest liar and biggest F00L in south african navy, but i will not say it.

i feel like sending this message to your mother. i pity her. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fynline: NADCEL, curtesy NA

Personally, I really love this "igirigi", I'm not sure if I'd call it an APC, as it looks to be in the class of the otokar cobra and the panhad VBL(series). That been said, I'm thrilled by it.

What the army only needs to do is mount a 12.7MM HMG on this baby and watch it scream.

For 1/3 the price of the Otokar cobra, it is really good. More jobs for nigerian electrical and mechanical engineers.

Good a thing 5 million dollars was budgeted for it in the 2013 budget. My only dis-appointment is the fact that we could not see the proforce PF3 alongside it.

For troop support, the IGIRIGI, PF3, otokar cobra, sandcat and the panhad vbl, nice.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
More

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

No. Im saying this is something big and new. But zero sources except one website. He either made a mistake or was misquoted. Try search 4 this 84km balloon on google.

looking for nigerian newly made spy equipment details on google ? secretive nigeria ? now i really see you have a very big thinking problem, beyond medical. try sangboma herbalist. i am tired of having you in my classroom. still thinking about your sister anyway grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
andrewza:

I showed a sa spybaloon that even better because it has a radar.

....another story of south african military use satellite or DSTV ? shameless man you are ! you never change !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

....because you south africa faced huge land mine threat in war against cuba and freedom fighters. every country focuses on its major area of threat. nigeria is NOT south africa. i am tired of helping your brain to find its proper thinking alignment and balancing like my vehicle tyres.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

looking for nigerian newly made spy equipment details on google ? secretive nigeria ? now i really see you have a very big thinking problem, beyond medical. try sangboma herbalist. i am tired of having you in my classroom. still thinking about your sister anyway grin

Then how do you know about it? You found ONE article then ran here to post. What your small head doesnt understand is that your general made a claim you have a balloon 84km in the atmosphere. If this was real it would be big news. Other institutions would be talking about it. Because thats a record. I never asked for equipment details, i said it doesnt exist . You only have or plan to buy balloons from Israel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

....another story of south african military use satellite or DSTV ? shameless man you are ! you never change !

i posted a source of sa useing a satlite in car,

i all so posted a link to the company that built the balloon
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
andrewza:

i posted a source of sa useing a satlite in car,

i all so posted a link to the company that built the balloon

its a lie post it again i dare you !!! military use south african satellite and spy balloon, post it you shameless serial liar. if i insult you now people will say i called you a fool. have you no shame ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

....because you south africa faced huge land mine threat in war against cuba and freedom fighters. every country focuses on its major area of threat. nigeria is NOT south africa. i am tired of helping your brain to find its proper thinking alignment and balancing like my vehicle tyres.
The battlefield has changed a lot since WW2,IEDs and land mines are a great threat to combat forces so MRAPS are in great need by any army stupid. Nigeria is trying to design some MRAPS with help of a SA company the DTM. Nigeria's army doesn't have a unique way of fighting. Let's talk about military stuff or I'm not gonna reply to your rubbish. GET IT?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

other contries are ahead of south africa so you imported Gripen jets, Valour Frigates, Type 209 Submarines....list endless.

check @THIZA'S list and name the battle tank in photo he posted, tell us the name and country of origin. you ran away from that challenge i gave you, i will help you to make a fool of yourself tomorrow morning grin
That's a Olifant tank. South Africa is capable of building tanks. They did so with the TTD(tank technology demonstrator). YES,the are countries ahead of SA,but we lead Africa. So shut up.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
That's a Olifant tank. South Africa is capable of building tanks. They did so with the TTD(tank technology demonstrator). YES,the are countries ahead of SA,but we lead Africa. So shut up.

All olfant mkb and mk2 were built in sa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

its a lie post it again i dare you !!! military use south african satellite and spy balloon, post it you shameless serial liar. if i insult you now people will say i called you a fool. have you no shame ?

So you saying that the south africn space agency lied to parlment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

Nigeria has no cross country experience. MRAPS are not used to counter the mine field threat only slowpoke,they're suitable for counter-terrorism ops,cause of the rising IED threats. What is it that Nigeria has developed to suit their "unique operation needs"? That Zeppelin look-a-like balloon?.Do me a favour go ask your doctor for a vasectomy,so the world will never have to deal with your "type"(stupid).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

Roland/Type 90 Vs Gripen/Paveway/Umbani was treated in great detail with many live combat simulations for many days by many people on this forum including @fighter pilot in months may/june. no winner, Roland and Gripen could no harm each other.

for you to write the nonsense post above, i feel like calling you the biggest liar and biggest F00L in south african navy, but i will not say it.

i feel like sending this message to your mother. i pity her. grin
My man!! Radar station,air fields and Anti_aircraft missile launch sites,will be destroyed by the Torgos cruise missile. Nigerian weapon systems are obsolete.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2013
Henry120: More
Botswana defence can destroy all your formations,since Nigeria doesn't have harmful like Egypt,South Africa and Algeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
scipher:
Ah! Over 5000 south Africans reside in Nigeria, majority being whites and they Keep increasing

Expats and residents - two different things.

Because Naai-geria is a frontier market, companies pay some of the highest salaries for expats.

Don't delude yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
chris365:

it still bites you that Africans will rather send their military to ours that have trained battle tested military that have never lost any battle to yours that keep graduating losers that have never won any. go hug transformer if it bites too much tongue

So, just to be clear - is the argument that you train India now being abandoned? Ok.

Now, you need to understand, military studies have nothing to go with winning battles. Military studies are run by universities. Academic institutions, with Naai-geria not being the most capable in that regard.

That's why your military analysts are like Agaugust grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Botswana defence can destroy all your formations,since Nigeria doesn't have harmful like Egypt,South Africa and Algeria.

This is the last straw for me. I'm not going to reply any of your ret*arded posts anymore. As you've increasingly shown you lack the mental capacity to engage in an objective debate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
CraigB:

So, just to be clear - is the argument that you train India now being abandoned? Ok.

Now, you need to understand, military studies have nothing to go with winning battles. Military studies are run by universities. Academic institutions, with Naai-geria not being the most capable in that regard.

That's why your military analysts are like Agaugust grin

[/quote]

chris365:
oh how really dumb you are. Why don't you tell that too other African countries that have sent their high ranking officers to come and train in our military institutions. So far i don't see them running to SA's failed Military for training.

And you seem to be swimming in the rubbish argument very well. Thats what we always see you here for anyway.

nigeria is not SA or America, it's our military policy to always conceal the identity of our special forces whether in the sun or rain. It's tha Nigerian ARMY Military gadamit, not a tea party or modeling agency like SA military.
fACT

as usual you keep proving your inability to understand what you read. this was what i put forward and it was supported by augugust
agaugust:

India is the 4 ranked strongest military power in the world, indian army officers train and learn in nigerian military academies. all posted here before on back pages. Pakistani amry officers train in nigeria too. nigerian military officers have the best combination of multi-national training of mixed combat tactics and war strategy in all africa, and one of the top best in the whole world.
which isn't wrong cos i gave you a link where Indian military recently sent their personnel to participate in a course in NDA that is and if that's not training to you, you need to get your head checked cos your too DUMB.

NDA is wholly recognized in Africa. live with it or go kiss a frog. Dummy

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:08am On Jul 12, 2013
CraigB:

Now, you need to understand, military studies have nothing to go with winning battles.Military studies are run by universities. Academic institutions.
you're a DUMBA*SS MUDAF*CKER

you see why i keep calling you S.TUPID. are you trying to shift from military institutions that you started to military studies as a course?
for your info, NDA also runs military studies, that's why it has been converted to a University for any civilian interested in military studies.

face it. Nigerian military institutions beats SA by far and until your military come here to learn, they'll never win any battle till you die. FACT

am tired of giving out knowledge with nothing in return. is there really any gain talking to you? you seem very DULL and intellectually incapacitated. olodo oshi

abeg clear road make i talk to people wey i fit learn from.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:09am On Jul 12, 2013

India is the 4 ranked strongest military power in the world, indian army officers train and learn in nigerian military academies. all posted here before on back pages. Pakistani amry officers train in nigeria too. nigerian military officers have the best combination of multi-national training of mixed combat tactics and war strategy in all africa, and one of the top best in the whole world.

Now there's a big twisted lie if I ever saw one. I posted a link showing exactly what the relationship between India and Nigeria is.

India is hardly the student and the Indian individuals that have gone to naai-geria are mere course participants. They aren't empty students hungry for knowledge. India built part of your institutions. What on earth could you teach them?

Lie not to us, sir. Foaming in the mouth won't change the fact that Naai-geria doesn't have a tradition of, or depth in military university education. Okonkwo-like anger is wasted on CraigB.

You keep telling me about irrelevant combat training. I'm talking about brains here. Not brawn. You people have no military literatuire from your institutions. You have lower grade institutions.

Therefore, your military analysts know nothing.

Look at this internationally published, peer-reviewed paper by our people: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/smsajms/article/download/75247/65814

"Maj William Moswetsi1, Lt Col Jaco Renken (Computer Information Systems) and Dr Ariane Neethling (Statistics), Faculty of Military Science, Stellenbosch University". Look at the quality of the academic work. Pure quality that your best analyst, Agaugust could never produce cheesy

Don't just open your mouth. Understand the argument and then respond. In your attempt to prove me fo*olish, you've repeatedly positioned yourself as an angry Okonkwo. Your anger is working against you and you've become a joke. Congratulations. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:16am On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

face it. Nigerian military institutions beats SA by far and until your military come here to learn, they'll never win any battle till you die. FACT

Really?

Give me a single Naai-gerian institution that has a military science faculty better than this...

http://www0.sun.ac.za/MilScience/

Just one.

---/-

You people love saying you're tired and you won't respond, but your anger won't let you rest in peace, like you should grin

Academically, you have nothing; and you're at the mercy of other countries. Your institutions are ranked below South Africa's. Fact.

Don't keep singing the combat song. That's not the issue here. Comprehension, Okonkwo. Comprehension before speech.

By the way, no one forces you to talk to me. So don't blow your top as if CraigB forces you to respond to my posts. How long have you been threatening to ignore me again? grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:38am On Jul 12, 2013
CraigB:

Now there's a big twisted lie if I ever saw one. I posted a link showing exactly what the relationship between India and Nigeria is.

India is hardly the student and the Indian individuals that have gone to naai-geria are mere course participants. They aren't empty students hungry for knowledge. India built part of your institutions. What on earth could you teach them?

Lie not to us, sir. Foaming in the mouth won't change the fact that Naai-geria doesn't have a tradition of it depth in military university education. Okonkwo-like anger is wasted on CraigB.

You keep telling me about irrelevant combat training. I'm talking about brains here. Not brawn. You people have no military literatuire from your institutions. You have lower grade institutions.

Therefore, your military analysts know nothing.

Look at this internationally published, peer-reviewed paper by our people: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/smsajms/article/download/75247/65814

"Maj William Moswetsi1, Lt Col Jaco Renken (Computer Information Systems) and Dr Ariane Neethling (Statistics), Faculty of Military Science, Stellenbosch University". Look at the quality of the academic work. Pure quality that your best analyst, Agaugust could never produce cheesy

Don't just open your mouth. Understand the argument and then respond. In your attempt to prove me fo*olish, you've repeatedly positioned yourself as an angry Okonkwo. Your anger is working against you and you've become a joke. Congratulations. grin

why would i be angry at you? I can only feel sorry for your head.

The only university that offers military studies in Nigeria is NDA. And the only university that runs it in SA is stallenbosh university, and the faculty(not the scholl) is partly owned by SNDF.
So i don't understand your reason for jonzing.

Now answer my question. Which of the two institutions or should i say ''institution vs faculty'' (since your military are too slow to run a full institution), have taught more foreign military personel?

Guy when i call you s.tupid, it's not anger. It what you really are. Check the meaning in case you've forgotten

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:45am On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

why would i be angry at you? I can only feel sorry for your head.

The only university that offers military studies in Nigeria is NDA. And the only university that runs it in SA is stallenbosh university, and the faculty(not the scholl) is partly owned by SNDF.
So i don't understand your reason for jonzing.

Now answer my question. Which of the two institutions or should i say ''institution vs faculty'' (since your military are too slow to run a full institution), have taught more foreign military personel?

Guy when i call you s.tupid, it's not anger. It what you really are. Check the meaning in case you've forgotten

It's obvious you're angry and are no longer in control of your emotions. More than 50 pages ago, you started telling me you weren't to going respond to me anymore. Yet you continued.

You then asserted you were indeed ignoring me. Yet, I had to show you that you had more posts than anyone else that were directed at me grin

You think I'm dull and intellectually not up to your level. Yet, you address me more than anyone else here grin hardly the behaviour of a balanced person!

Moving along. The Stellenbosch faculty of military of sciences. Give me something better than it in Naai-geria. Something as well organised. Something as widely published and researched. Something as academically robust. And no, the Stellenbosch faculty is housed in the SANDF academy - not owned by it undecided. Thinker's block? grin

Just one institution in nigeria. And let's see your published papers. I've posted one of ours -by our educated soldiers.

You have no culture of military academia, in reality. Just something that pretends to be such a culture. Oh, and then there's the mouth, anger and brawn. On the brains side, well...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:52am On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

Oh, to further cement your lack of understanding, you ask a question like that. One step at a time. First, you're proving my point through the bolded.

See below, why the institution is not being run by the military. See? You people know nothing about teaching military brains. You just teach military muscles. grin

-----

The South African Military Academy is based on similar principles as that of the Military Academy system of the United States (United States Military Academy United States Naval Academy United States Air Force Academy). The Academy is a military unit of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) housing the Faculty of Military Science of the University of Stellenbosch.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Military_Academy

You don't know what you're talking about, clearly...

Oh, at some point you'll have to realise that it's easier to speak like a normal person. You're doing yourself a disservice by constantly going toe-to-toe with someone that you'd like to believe is a fo*ol. It makes you the bigger fool, because clearly, you've allowed someone to get under your skin. Not very smart. cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:54am On Jul 12, 2013
CraigB:

Really?

Give me a single Naai-gerian institution that has a military science faculty better than this...

http://www0.sun.ac.za/MilScience/

Just one.

---/-

You people love saying you're tired and you won't respond, but your anger won't let you rest in peace, like you should grin

Academically, you have nothing; and you're at the mercy of other countries. Your institutions are ranked below South Africa's. Fact.

Don't keep singing the combat song. That's not the issue here. Comprehension, Okonkwo. Comprehension before speech.

By the way, no one forces you to talk to me. So don't blow your top as if CraigB forces you to respond to my posts. How long have you been threatening to ignore me again? grin

then if you are the product of that high ranking institution, your country must be going down hills.

Faculty of military studies in stellebosh started in early 90s while our military institutions right from secondary schools to uni (NDA) started decades before you dreamnt of starting a faculty.

No doubt NDA was established with assistance from the indians but now it is one of the most respected military universities in Africa. You can't deny it boy.

Don't even start with our education system cos with the challenges we are facing right now , we still graduate brains that are far superior to a south african. fACT
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:00am On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

Faculty of military studies in stellebosh started in early 90s while our military institutions right from secondary schools to uni (NDA) started decades before you dreamnt of starting a faculty.

No doubt NDA was established with assistance from the indians but now it is one of the most respected military universities in Africa. You can't deny it boy.

Exactly. The Indians gave you an academic structure. Now you'd have us believe something different. Thank you.

Now it's only your subjective view who has got better brains. Show us your academic literature. Where are your internationally published peer reviewed papers?

Compared to South Africa, what on earth makes you academically better? Do you even know Stellenbosch's ranking in the world? Relative to yours?

Academic ranking, sir. Academic ranking.

Your academic institutions have nothing on ours. Don't let us list the rankings now. We all know where the university of Stellenbosch is, relative to your academic institutions.

Academically, you people are rubbish, so we shouldn't listen to your so-called analysts. grin

This is what happens when you get angry at strangers on chat forums. You end up being the joke. Arguing without understanding what is being put forward. Look at you now grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 1:05am On Jul 12, 2013
CraigB:

Oh, to further cement your lack of understanding, you ask a question like that. One step at a time. First, you're proving my point through the bolded.

See below, why the institution is not being run by the military. See? You people know nothing about teaching military brains. You just teach military muscles. grin

-----

The South African Military Academy is based on similar principles as that of the Military Academy system of the United States (United States Military Academy United States Naval Academy United States Air Force Academy). The Academy is a military unit of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) housing the Faculty of Military Science of the University of Stellenbosch.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Military_Academy

You don't know what you're talking about, clearly...

Oh, at some point you'll have to realise that it's easier to speak like a normal person. You're doing yourself a disservice by constantly going toe-to-toe with someone that you'd like to believe is a fo*ol. It makes you the bigger fool, because clearly, you've allowed someone to get under your skin. Not very smart. cheesy

oh i know what am saying alright.
You expect that because SA or America does it this way, the rest should follow suit.
Well, we like to do things our way.
Anyone who's interested in military studies goes through NDA, and for your info they combine both brains and muscle. Probably why UN keeps giving us command of peacekeeping operations. And ya'll keep posing for photos.

Get this straight into your empty head. NDA runs military studies and combat trainings. And it's an institution that is more respected than yours.
I know you must have asked yourself why we've never lost a battle nor fled before, and you've never won any and have fled from a rag tag rebel group.
It has to be the institution gadamit. S.TUPID boy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 1:09am On Jul 12, 2013
CraigB:

Exactly. The Indians gave you an academic structure. Now you'd have us believe something different. Thank you.

Now it's only your subjective view who has got better brains. Show us your academic literature. Where are your internationally published peer reviewed papers?

Compared to South Africa, what on earth makes you academically better? Do you even know Stellenbosch's ranking in the world? Relative to yours?

Academic ranking, sir. Academic ranking.

Your academic institutions have nothing on ours. Don't let us list the rankings now. We all know where the university of Stellenbosch is, relative to your academic institutions.

Academically, you people are rubbish, so we shouldn't listen to your so-called analysts. grin

This is what happens when you get angry at strangers on chat forums. You end up being the joke. Arguing without understanding what is being put forward. Look at you now grin

so now it's academic ranking?

You just keep proving your S.TUPIDITY on this thread.

Now you realize you military institutions ain't close to ours, you wanna jump to education sector. Sorry this is a military post, check other threads for that. You really are S.TUPID you know

it must have been very difficult to make you know ABC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.