Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4428859 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Sorry but Denel is a state(South Africa) owned company. YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! GET IT?

Not all Denel products are used by the SANDF, but a good percentage are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

That was your simulation, so its useless for you to tell me to read it. In your 1st version you didnt even let us fire a single shot, not ONE. then you have the guts to call that a simulation.

dont put words in my mouth. if i do simulation, i start with list of assumptions and simultaions are very very long with much details and maneuvers. you should be talking on a police thread, not military . grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

[size=16pt]MRAPS of nigerian army[/size]

only a bush man in village school will say nigerian amry has no MRAPS.

nigerian army has several hundreds of Oshkosh SandCat MRAPS and Springbuck MRAPS and nigeria will be manufacturing many more MRAPS 100% built in nigeria from next year 2014.

try to do research before you open your basket mouth sir. grin

nigerian army sandcat MRAP
It will be built with the help of a SOUTH AFRICAN company named DTM(Drakensburg Truck manufacture),you don't want us(south africans) to post SA made MRAPS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

Then it means you have become even more delusional assuming Nigeria will not attack SA by land. How are you going to go around neutral Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique and Namibia? You're going to put all your troops on an OPV? grin grin

sir, you are suffering from military knowlegde illiteracy. grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

Not all Denel products are used by the SANDF, but a good percentage are.
Not all,but Denel is state owned company with the primary role of supplying the SANDF with equality weapons. GET IT?,How's the taste of humble pie?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

dont put words in my mouth. if i do simulation, i start with list of assumptions and simultaions are very very long with much details and maneuvers. you should be talking on a police thread, not military . grin grin

I was the 1 who exposed you as a fraud. I read your simulation and you initially did not let SA frigates fire a single weapon. Thats why the simulation debate started again. You put your own words in your own mouth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Sorry but Denel is a state(South Africa) owned company. YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! GET IT?
Denel is not a state owned defence company.
It's just like saying proforce is a Nigerian-govt owned company.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

if your made in south african brain cannot pick out european made weapons on @THIZA's made in south africa list, then you have to pay me some dollars for using my own made in nigerian brain grin
I'm not surprised. Nigerians do this kind of things when they're eating the humble pie. GE IT?,NO WEAPON is foreign made there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
It will be built with the help of a SOUTH AFRICAN company named DTM(Drakensburg Truck manufacture),you don't want us(south africans) to post SA made MRAPS.
who cares?
As long as it is built in collaboration with DICON to ensure full tech transfer.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

sir, you are suffering from military knowlegde illiteracy. grin grin grin

1. Agaugust says Nigeria can attack SA. Says 150 artillery guns are not enough to protect SA land mass. He leaves out the fact that we have neutral bordering countries.

2. I point out to him that 660 guns (minus 200 useless ones) are equally not enough to protect Nigerian land mass. All of a sudden he tels me that Nigeria has neutral bordering countries and can only be attacked from the coast.

3. I then make the fair assumption that in that case (since we cannot attack Nigeria and hence SA due to their borders), Nigeria can only attack us from the coast. Making agaugust even more delusional than i initially thought.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Not all,but Denel is state owned company with the primary role of supplying the SANDF with equality weapons. GET IT?,How's the taste of humble pie?

Yeah i know. Just covering all bases b4 Nigerians accuse us of lying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Does Naai-geria even have a military analyst? Even I can see that Agaugust, at his age (he looks mid-40tish in the picture), will never be published.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
NADCEL Cont'd

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

tiny 43 units of G6 artillery will not save a south africa with huge land mass of about 1.3 million sq km, does your brain work mathematics. grin grin

in war, nobody will arrange one artillery head to head to test who shoots longer. show me what makes G6 artillery better than Palmaria artillery apart from its useless long range that wont work against seleka rebels close-in hand to hand combat. G6 artillery south africa had in angolan bush war and yet could not win the war against a tine nation cuba that has zero war history grin grin

palmaria artillery has three sighting systems installed: a P170 direct firing periscope, a P186 panoramic sight for indirect sighting and a dial sight.

The P170 can be used for both observation and sighting and in the latter mode has a magnification of ×8. The optical unit of the sighting system can be replaced by a light intensification system that transforms the day periscope into a low-light device.

The P186 panoramic sight is used for indirect firing and is provided with an illuminated reticle for day or low-light level use. The reticle is fixed and pre-aligned with the optical axis.

The Palmaria also be has an electronic plane converter for rapid and accurate aiming both in direct and indirect fire.

The primary fire-control system of the Palmaria is the P186 telescope that is mounted on a telescope mount. This is used for laying the weapon in azimuth and for indirect fire control. The sight has a magnification of ×4 with a 10° field of view and weighs 8 kg. Internal communications are via the normal intercommunication system and an extra external telephone point. The turret has adequate space for normal radio installations.

Its firing can be re-directed for accuracy by help of aircrafts, land or air drones, satellite information, etc

stop wasting my time about artillery guns, south africa has 120 guns ,nigeria has 660 guns, you have to live with this fact, i wont reply you again. period
I will say this again,unless you've never read about wars it won't make sense. NUMBERS DON'T WIN WARS. Now you say I should prove why the G6 is better,here's why: 1. The G6 is capable of multiple rounds simultaneous impact (MRSI),meaning 6 shells hit the ground at the same time but fired by a single gun imagine what a battery or squadron of G6 guns can do to a groups of your artillery system or concentrated troops[Force multiplier:1 G6=20 Nigerians 155mm SP guns] 2. The operational range of the G6 is 700km,while for your gun is only 400km meaning the G6 can be hard to track and destroy,and it is highly cross country capable. Your guns will need a lot of trucks to supply them with fuel[concentrated trucks or troops will be roast by the. MRSI] 3. The G6 has a speed of 85km/h,while your gun can go for 60km/h meaning th G6 can shoot first,hit the target and move quickly before being tracked to another target. GET IT?,now go take that humble pie out of your microwave and enjoy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
solomon111: who cares?
As long as it is built in collaboration with DICON to ensure full tech transfer.
Did you just say "full tech transfer"? YEAH YOU DID!!! South Africans are taking you Nigerian boys to school,while you're mocking our education system.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fynline: NADCEL Cont'd
I just don't why your special forces or paratroops whatever they're,wear masks. I mean in a country like Nigeria which is hilariously hot. WHY?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
I just don't why your special forces or paratroops whatever they're,wear masks. I mean in a country like Nigeria which is hilariously hot. WHY?

Contemporary security challenges
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
@mike_za you do know its a parade? that's what parades are all about.looking lean and mean.it's for show.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
denel is partly owned by sa government.the fact that they make arms does not mean the sandf have them in their inventory in large enough quantities or the trained personnel to man them to make them an effective fighting force in africa to warrant the ranking they believe they should have. They have poorly trained pilots and submariners their fighter planes hardly fly and any good seaman they have is quickly poached(talk abt loyalty)by other countries,and their army is ........

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
drag_on: denel is partly owned by sa government.the fact that they make arms does not mean the sandf have them

Don't talk rubbish. Denel's sole shareholder is the government of South Africa. Denel's primary role is to supply the SANDF with weapons. The export business is only a secondary objective. It thrives because SA is not at war. If SA were at war, all the required weapons would be supplied chop chop to the SANDF.

Your argument only shows that you've accepted the superiority of Denel's products. Now you want to distance Denel from the SANDF. Well, you can't.

Fail.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by solomon111(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Did you just say "full tech transfer"? YEAH YOU DID!!! South Africans are taking you Nigerian boys to school,while you're mocking our education system.
I can bet $2000 that most of the workers who are obviously white did not school in SA.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
solomon111: I can bet $2000 that most of the workers who are obviously white did not school in SA.
Man you're a comedian!!!we call this "the racial card" in SA. Ok here's something,Denel's CEO Riaz Saloojee is not white but Indian. People like Andrew Mears got their education here in SA. And "whites south african are south africans".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
drag_on: denel is partly owned by sa government.the fact that they make arms does not mean the sandf have them in their inventory in large enough quantities or the trained personnel to man them to make them an effective fighting force in africa to warrant the ranking they believe they should have. They have poorly trained pilots and submariners their fighter planes hardly fly and any good seaman they have is quickly poached(talk abt loyalty)by other countries,and their army is ........
You wanna enjoy a humble pie?,Cause really you don't need to dance with a Hyena like your brothers in Nigeria do,to know that what you just wrote is nonsense.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
At least your lies about NIGERIAN ARMY not having any MPVs and MRAPS have been proven. Was your lies aided by "ignorance" or the "pull him down" strategy? SHAMELESS LIAR!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
NIGERIA must not be South Africa, we do it our own way to suit our terrain, have you also seen how our soldiers bind 3 mags on their rifles? I think masking is better than rubbing paints like Ghana's newly formed SFs or SA recces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
Donian007: NIGERIA must not be South Africa, we do it our own way to suit our terrain, have you also seen how our soldiers bind 3 mags on their rifles? I think masking is better than rubbing paints like Ghana's newly formed SFs or SA recces.

Another rubbish argument. Paint is camouflage. Masking is identity concealment.

Two different and unrelated concepts.

You guys are funny.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

I was the 1 who exposed you as a fraud. I read your simulation and you initially did not let SA frigates fire a single weapon. Thats why the simulation debate started again. You put your own words in your own mouth.

i said i did not do any nigerian army invation of south african land simulation.

if you are referring to the old naval blockade simulation of some months ago, then i have a different answer :

fraud ? you got some koskos nuts/bolts loose in your skull sir. grin

@andrewza started the naval blockade simulation and he never fired on shot from south african frigates, how is that my own fault ? go ask him why, he speaks afrikaans like you grin

or do you expect me in war to enter south african warship and help you fire your weapons against nigeria ? grin

i am not sure i want to marry that your junior sister again, is this how you all think ? i dont want poor thinking wife o ! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Cont'd

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
solomon111: Denel is not a state owned defence company.
It's just like saying proforce is a Nigerian-govt owned company.

DENEL is owned by south african government, the SANDF pays for the weapons and that is why they have very few like 43 G6 artillery and 11 Rooivalk helicopters, they buy only what their lean pocket can afford. DENEL exports the remaining, but only 107 G6 artillery and zero Rooivalk helicopter has been exported in 25 year grin

DENEL went broke and almost collapsed in debt recently, government tried to bail out, and people are crying for Privatisation of DENEL now http://ideas.repec.org/p/wpa/wuwpmi/0205003.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

fraud ?

Yes. Fraud. You aren't published anywhere and never will you be. In fact, Naai-geria does not have the ability to produce a single respected military analyst. That's why you fraudulently claimed to have an MBA and to be based and working in the US.

No one would even dream of using your dodgy analyses in a publication.

Fraud is the word.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
CraigB:

Another rubbish argument. Paint is camouflage. Masking is identity concealment.

Two different and unrelated concepts.

You guys are funny.
You think military tactics is a lexicon affair? I have always tried to ignore you because you represent a juvenile mess, and don't quote me again, if you want to respond to my comments just click reply. Be Warned!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

DENEL is owned by south african government, the SANDF pays for the weapons and that is why they have very few like 43 G6 artillery and 11 Rooivalk helicopters, they buy only what their lean pocket can afford.

Denel is owned by the government.

Therefore, Denel's profits go to the government.

SANDF expenditure is government expenditure.

Therefore, your point is dead.

Fail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.