Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,208 members, 7,867,510 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470294 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:14am On Jul 17, 2013
andrewza: Any fool can make a rocket.

then every house/family should have a rocket by now...the world has billions of fools on the streets, able to make rockets grin

andrewza: ....anybody can make a rocket.

if its that easy, seleka would have made 1,000 rockets. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Nigerians stop embarrassing your selves, as I stated previously, there's no proof of Nigerians being intellectually seperior to other Africans or being amongst the most intelligent people in the world. I've looked at IQ research, international student assessment bodies like PISA and TIMSS, there's zero evidence of Nigerians being intellectually superior to any group.Nigeria has the biggest population in Africa, therefore a higher number of people on the right of the intelligence bell curve, which means more talented people. For a population of 170million, Nigeria as a country has been quite mediocre in performance in many fields. We hear alot about the achievments of folks like Emeagwali, but the guy has been proven to be a fraud. Nigerians brag about how they export many educated people, but say nothing of the fact that Nigeria also exports the highest number of criminals. There are no Nigerians dominating anything in SA other than the drug and prostitution trade.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:32am On Jul 17, 2013
saengine:

Today you are on a roll grin

Weapons systems (especially missile systems) become obsulete if the original manfucaturer no longer exists, or if there if no one to produce under license. I say especially missile systems for a reason. Example our anti tank Ratels are not produced anymore but can be maintained enough to fire Ingwe missiles. Now if Denel stopped producing Ingwe missiles, or Ratels would be useless. We would have to find a replacement. You can maintain heavy equipment to keep running, you cant maintain missiles to keep exploding grin.

And then you have the guts to call yourself a teacher. Swingfire used command to line of sight. Meaning there was a beam (optical or otherwise) pointing at the target. The reason you think it moves like a snake is the missile simply recalculating its position relative to this beam. If you go onto youtube you will see how all wire guided missiles seem to dance from left to right and up and down before hitting a target. The wire simply sends information back and forth between the missile and the sight. Your missile can dance like a snake, jump like a kangaroo, swim like a fish...do all it wants, but when it reaches the target it is pretty much riding that beam exactly. There is no dancing at the end. Then you have the stup*dity to think it might dodge a Mongoose missile, which only fires a few hundreds of a second before impact. Haha...okay. grin

T-55 Tank is obsolete today and out of production...but it will k.ill, thats all it needs to do.

SAM-2 missile is obsolete, developed in 1957, but its last version also now obsolete, shot down american F-16 jets in bosnia...30 year old missile. try learn war history.

swingfire has optical sight, NO laser beam you dummy ! one operator is enough, NOT 2 people operating from different places as your dream tells you because you are asleep on your laptop. swing fire is fly wire guided, and it swings according to the wish of the launcher....it evades anything that tries to stop it including targets defences. try not to sleep walk...you fall into ditches grin

from video below, listen to the narrators words, see the fly wire guidance and show me the laser beam or light beam guidance you dreamed about in swingfire missile...dummy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKB7lcycvnU

i am tired of teaching you about missiles grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:43am On Jul 17, 2013
saengine:

Nigeria does not have the ability to make missiles simple as that. No need to post pictures of rockets which any fool can make. You see a big flash in that picture and you think you can now make anti tank missile, air to air missiles etc etc? Maybe you can send a private message to Patriot because that poor soul seems to believe everything you tell him.

i was not even the first to post on nigerian missile testing site. beegeagle beat me to it first.

you can send a email to beegeagle and tell him he is a liar, he started the first revelation of the nigerian missile test on his forum.

also send an email to nigerian minister of defense of state who confirmed it publicly at nigerian army day celebrations 2012, tell her she is a liar.

nigeria does NOT care to convince anybody about its missile program, all nigeria wants is to use the missile to k.ill her enemies when it is fully developed. simple.

weapons are not developed to convince people but to k.ill people. end of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 17, 2013
zetdee: Nigerians stop embarrassing your selves, as I stated previously, there's no proof of Nigerians being intellectually seperior to other Africans or being amongst the most intelligent people in the world. I've looked at IQ research, international student assessment bodies like PISA and TIMSS, there's zero evidence of Nigerians being intellectually superior to any group.Nigeria has the biggest population in Africa, therefore a higher number of people on the right of the intelligence bell curve, which means more talented people. For a population of 170million, Nigeria as a country has been quite mediocre in performance in many fields. We hear alot about the achievments of folks like Emeagwali, but the guy has been proven to be a fraud. Nigerians brag about how they export many educated people, but say nothing of the fact that Nigeria also exports the highest number of criminals. There are no Nigerians dominating anything in SA other than the drug and prostitution trade.
The studies in the us focussed on the rate of degree archievers, therefore your argument doesn't hold water. So I repeat again, Nigerians ae among the most intelligent people on earth.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:13am On Jul 17, 2013
saengine:

You must ask agaugust for his number. Whatever lie he tells you, you gobble it up nicely like a big boy. Maybe you two can go on a date grin.

Ask him why he cant find a photo of the most powerful army in Africa using the best anti tank missile on the continent. From all the hundreds of pics of Nigerian troops and gear on this site he cant find 1 of this weapon? 45 000 of those missiles were produced. He cant find it because no one makes it anymore....done.

there are photos of vietnam war weapons on internet even though no one makes them any more. you really a dummy bro !

and as you were told, a 1940 rifle will k.ill if fired into a man's head. the weapons seleka boys used to defeat south african army are all no longer in production and they proudly win a war grin

who told you there are no swingfire photos available ? the comments, arguements, and posts on forum yesterday were too many, too long, and too fast and i was trying to read them one by one, so i had no time to look for it....photos below

swing fire anti-tank guided missiles

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 17, 2013
Oh my god, the US army is in trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_2M_W0QGc
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:33am On Jul 17, 2013
sambos994: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXgeQ-H38u0

richard kuhn 11 months ago

THANK YOU WE ARE NOT AT WAR!!! us old guys would have shot youse all to chicken feed, damnit MOVE!! You are too slow and too grouped together, MOVE and move fast. An attack helicopter must NEVER hover, must dance around the outside of the battle field. Sneak up behind the enemy and take out their armour. Paaah Leeease the SANDF can do better than this. this is downrite embarasing.

Dmitri Shapovalov 2 months ago

Even our old retired men will still put up a better display than this little mock! Really, no motivation here and no pace at all. Salute to the old South Africans that made everyone proud!

Hugabunnybear 1 week ago
If you gave 30 civilians RPGs this entire South African force would be been taken out just because of the tactics... grin grin grin

tiny nation Eritrean army will defeat south african army in close contact urban city warfare.

the south african soldiers look like TV series show boys and girls, or people who live in a restaurant eating per second per hour grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:45am On Jul 17, 2013
@everybody, please help me beg the south africans to respond to my algerian army vs south african army infantry challenge for the past 3 days.

@THIZA replied me but he posted an old video of some weak south african army special forces who did nothing than to climb different ladders like julius berger construction company. are this the soldiers that will fight algerian army !

is south african army infantry/foot soldiers as weak as a city police force ?

video courtesy of @THIZA re-posted for you all to laugh grin grin grin i know DENEL produces powerful weapons but does it not also produce powerful men that will operate them in war ? urban city hand to hand, close contact warfare cannot be avoided, CAR battle has proved that to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM1vnA_yxA0

next video is algerian army special forces...please compare the two videos...one country manufactures weapons the other country buys weapons, but who will win the real war ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDJzYESlwWE
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 17, 2013
patriot4: The studies in the us focussed on the rate of degree archievers, therefore your argument doesn't hold water. So I repeat again, Nigerians ae among the most intelligent people on earth.

Lol!
What can I say, having studied research on human intelligence, I've come across a psychological effect known as stereotype threat. There's a positive aspect of it, therefore I won't spam the thread with info which might handicap people's intellectual performance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:09am On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

weblink source please.

even if it is true, south africa sells more weapons than it puts into national domestic defense use because your defence industry is broke and desperate for cash.

Fake MBA logic at its best! Let's see...because revenues generated by Denel directly go to the SANDF? Really?

The last time I checked, Denel's earnings go the it's sole shareholder, the ministry of pubic enterprises . The last time I checked, the SANDF received a budget allocation from the South African treasury, just like everyone else. Now, how on earth does someone decide that there's a link between revenues generated by Denel and the monies allocated to the SANDF?

When we say Denel's primary role is to supply the SANDF with weapons, we aren't talking money, OK? We're talking weapons. South Africa has separation of powers, unlike the jungle that's Naai-geria, OK?

South Africa has priorities other than stacking up Rooivalk. Like, urm, building roads and hospitals - in which case selling weapons and generating funds ( South Africa) is better and smarter than consuming weapons at an insane rate (Naai-geria). Public enterprises builds roads and hospital. Public enterprises owns Denel. Defence does not.

Redyellow did us all a favour. We now know what to take seriously and what not to take seriously. The above? Not to be taken seriously.

I don't think you'll get any of this. You're Naai-gerian, after all. grin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:17am On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

the engine of the south african rooivalk helicopter you posted in photo above is made 100% in france by a french company then purchased fully built and imported into south africa, without it the helicopter is a piece of metal junk that sits on the floor in a farm like fat turkey !

south african rooivalk helicopter has never been tested in any battle. no country has ever purchased it except south africa. only 11 pieces of it exist in the whole world. its a waste of money project and monumental world market failure.

the most advanced attack helicopter in africa is Egyptian air force Apache, no contest.

More fake MBA logic on display. grin

The processor is the engine of the mobile device.

Apple's ipads receive chips that are fully built by samsung . Yet, the ipad remains an Apple/American product.

http://www.mactech.com/2013/07/15/samsung-supply-apple-iphone-a9-processor

Your argument is devoid of smarts. But then again, so are many other arguments of yours. cool

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:25am On Jul 17, 2013
patriot4:
You settle where you dominate. That is the unwritten rule. In your country we dominate, so some of us settle there. but keep in mind that their families are still back home and that once they have made a fortune in your land, they will come back home to meet their kins men.

Is that so?

Ah well, I take it these Naaai-gerian refugees are dominating Cameroon, seeing as they are in refugee settlements in that country.

Giants of Africa exporting economic refugees and of late, war refugees.

http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Cameroon-receives-4-000-Nigeria-refugees-20130703

Yaounde - Cameroon has received 4 000 refugees fleeing a Nigerian military offensive against Islamists in the north, the governor of the affected region said on Wednesday, bringing total refugee numbers from the conflict to at least 10 000.

I suppose you do "dominate" the underside of Hiillbrow, yes. So "dominant" that you've started killing each other off, to the pleasure of South African bystanders. May the Naai-gerian "dominance" continue grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

i was not even the first to post on nigerian missile testing site. beegeagle beat me to it first.

you can send a email to beegeagle and tell him he is a liar, he started the first revelation of the nigerian missile test on his forum.

also send an email to nigerian minister of defense of state who confirmed it publicly at nigerian army day celebrations 2012, tell her she is a liar.

nigeria does NOT care to convince anybody about its missile program, all nigeria wants is to use the missile to k.ill her enemies when it is fully developed. simple.

weapons are not developed to convince people but to k.ill people. end of discussion.

Let me put rubber stamp on this once and for all. Nigeria does not have the capability of producing missiles. What is so difficult to understand?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2013
patriot4: The studies in the us focussed on the rate of degree archievers, therefore your argument doesn't hold water. So I repeat again, Nigerians ae among the most intelligent people on earth.

Intelligent people convince the world about their technology. Koreans, Japanese, American, french, Germans, Indians and Chinese have convinced us because there are many products in SA that you can point out to have been proudly made by those guys, from computers, cars, electronic devices, weapons, etc . Unfortunately, from our demented brothers, Nigerians there is none that I can specifically point to have been proudly made in Nigeria, other than what came out naturally like oil. Nigeria has oil but they cannot even refine it. Oh! God is this not hypocrisy that Jesus Christ spoke about in the Bible? Shame!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:56am On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

there are photos of vietnam war weapons on internet even though no one makes them any more. you really a dummy bro !

and as you were told, a 1940 rifle will k.ill if fired into a man's head. the weapons seleka boys used to defeat south african army are all no longer in production and they proudly win a war grin

who told you there are no swingfire photos available ? the comments, arguements, and posts on forum yesterday were too many, too long, and too fast and i was trying to read them one by one, so i had no time to look for it....photos below

swing fire anti-tank guided missiles

I said there are no pictures of Swingfire missiles in Nigerian inventory. Meaning in the hands of Nigerian troops. You have pictures of Roland SAM which were purchased around the same time, but no Swingfire? There are hundreds of pics of Nigerian equipment on this site showing all kinds of equipment. You can't find pictures of Nigerian Swingfire because those missiles are no more. Production dead in 1993 and no one to make the missiles in place of the original manufacturer. Website of Eqyptian company which made them in 1978 shows they also dont make them anymore. So just deal with that fact. Your problem, not mine.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2013
@AGAUGUST ONCE AGAIN TAKE LOOK AT THIS VIDEO OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE SPECIAL TASK FORCE TRAINING AND COMPARE THAT TO ALGERIA ALTHOUGH I WOULD HAVE PREFERED NIGERIA AS THE DEBATE IS BETWEEN NIGERIA VERSUS SOUTH AFRICA....APACHE IS AMERICAN NOT EGYPTIAN....IN YOUR QUEST TO RUBBISH ANY SOUTH AFRICAN COMMENT YOU ARE DRAGGING ANYTHING FROM ANYWHERE TO PROVE A POINT, HOWEVER BESIDE INSULTS AND DEGRADING YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS, FACTS AND TANGIBLE DEBATE......HERE IS THE VIDEO: PLEASE MAKE YOUR COMMENTS
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=south%20african%20special%20forces%20youtube&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-eFU_r_H_gg&ei=GUDmUZ_kHMTMhAewn4DgDQ&usg=AFQjCNFfPUzs3zq4xJHMbNCmkYH8dguXTg
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRFORCE.....PHOTOS TO QUENCH YOUR THIRST

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRFORCE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2013
south african airforce

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2013
South Africa Airforce

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:08am On Jul 17, 2013
South African Airforce

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2013
Preparation for the DR Congo....M 23 HERE WE COME

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2013
pREPARING FOR dr cONGO

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2013
UNDER ESTIMATE SOUTH AFRICA AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:17am On Jul 17, 2013
SOUTH AFRICAN NAVY

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:19am On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:19am On Jul 17, 2013
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2013
The naval base

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

And your small head again doesn't understand that Nigeria is simply trying to perfect rocketry, not firing missiles. You aren't testing surface to air missiles or anything similar. Meaning you're trying to develop more powerful and more reliable rocket engines. Missile testing is a whole different ball game. First learn to walk before you try to run please.

You say you have many Phd's and Masters working on this so called missile. Look at what amateurs can do. No expensive Nigerian test facilities, no massive Nigerian budget etc etc. But do you think these two people will be able to produce an Umkhonto surface to air missile that can track and hit targets? Keep dreaming. Which rocket launch looks more professional.....the Nigerian one with many Phd's working on it or the amateur rocket launch?

http://bayourat..com/2010/09/dr-jeff-taylors-rocket-flies-to-72000.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/_4BeomD8Hl00/TKIJnYvG71I/AAAAAAAAARc/mN0yEVozp_o/s400/proteuslaunch.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_4BeomD8Hl00/TKIJZuYSOxI/AAAAAAAAARU/9A-koPM9RU0/s400/72000ft.jpg[/img]

Tuesday, September 28, 2010
BLACK ROCK DESERT, Nevada USA — On Saturday, an amateur rocket built by Curt Newport and Loki Research's Jeff Taylor soared in excess of 70,000 feet into the brilliant blue Nevada skies above the Black Rock Desert floor just outside of the town of Gerlach.

Dubbed the Proteus 6.5, the minimum diameter P-motored flew to an altitude of 72,000 feet and was successfully recovered due to the use of modern tracking technology.

On board were GPS telemetry electronics as well as a video camera, the results of which will be featured in an upcoming issue of ROCKETS Magazine, the sponsor of the on board video camera. The video of the flight will also be made available on the ROCKETS Magazine BALLS19 DVD set when it is released.

"There are many people Curt and I want to thank," Jeff Taylor said in his announcement. "Thanks to Dave Leininger and his cohorts for vital assistance with the launch pad. Thanks to Darren Wright for use of his tracking transmitter. And a big thanks to Steve and Janice Hamblin for putting us up in Reno. I'm sure I'm leaving some people out, but know that your assistance was appreciated and I will thank you more properly after I recover a bit."

This is a still image taken from the on-board video during the flight of the Proteus 6.5 rocket at approximately 72,000 feet ASL. A still image taken from the Proteus' in-flight video near the 72,000 apogee shows a breath taking view of space and the curvature of the earth. The large body of water visible in the image at the lower right is Pyramid Lake. The on-board GPS telemetry payload transmitted position data during the flight and made recovery of the rocket quite easy.

The Tripoli Rocketry Association's BALLS launches are considered the premiere experimental rocket launches in the continental United States, held in the wide expanse of the Black Rock Desert, near Gerlach, Nevada. This year's event, held September 24th-26th, 2010, brought together dedicated rocketry enthusiasts devoted to the leading edge of non-professional experimental rocketry.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2013
Raring to go to DR Congo

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.