Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,560 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:29 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470335 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
Msauza:

What they don't know is that we will milk that oil dry and bring every revenues back home. Nissan SA also want to go and collect some pennies.

Oh, their politicians couldn't be bothered. They just want to line their own pockets.

And the "intelligent" Naai-gerian public will keep voting for them. They will also then brag to us about how they have the richest politicians in the whole of Africa.

Meanwhile, they struggle to hear themselves think, thanks to the constant sound of generators.

They are "intelligent", alright.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
CraigB:

Bwahahahaha indeed.

Look at this:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin No further words necessary.

actually a few words are still necessary:
Five passes at one sitting in the National Senior Certificate are considered to be suitable for direct entry to undergraduate study.

Entry requirements vary according to subject, but are typically in the region of AAAAB–BBBBB. [color=#990000][/color]
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/international/country/africa/south-africa.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Senior_Certificate
extract:Only a small proportion of candidates score an 'A' in any subject (from as little as 2% to a maximum of about 10% in subjects taken by highly select groups.) A further 8 – 15% are likely to gain a 'B' and about 20 – 25% achieve a 'C' grade. The Senior Certificate is a group certificate and records an aggregate mark.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

actually a few words are still necessary:
Five passes at one sitting in the National Senior Certificate are considered to be suitable for direct entry to undergraduate study.

Entry requirements vary according to subject, but are typically in the region of AAAAB–BBBBB. [color=#990000][/color]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Senior_Certificate
ectract:Only a small proportion of candidates score an 'A' in any subject (from as little as 2% to a maximum of about 10% in subjects taken by highly select groups.) A further 8 – 15% are likely to gain a 'B' and about 20 – 25% achieve a 'C' grade. The Senior Certificate is a group certificate and records an aggregate mark.

If you don't know what you're talking about, simply ask. It won't hurt you.

Five passes means five subjects passed.

What you posted is our grading system and in has nothing to do with passing five subjects. South Africa doesn't gift people As. grin

The point is:

1. Naai-gerians have to do a bridging year;

2. Only 2 out of 100 Naai-gerians pass English and Math in a WAEC sitting and

3. South Africans enjoy direct entry grin

_____
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
i modified the post to show that your statement about south africa is not [b]entirely[/b]true.check the link
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/international/country/africa/south-africa.htm and compare with the wiki link.
again read from the university link :Entry requirements vary according to subject, but are typically in the region of AAAAB–BBBBB.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on: i modified the post to show that your statement about south africa is not [b]entirely[/b]true.check the link
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/international/country/africa/south-africa.htm and compare with the wiki link.
again read from the university link :Entry requirements vary according to subject, but are typically in the region of AAAAB–BBBBB.

Don't simply post my OWN link back to me. Tell me where I am wrong. What did I say and how is that wrong?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
lol you still need an AAAAB-BBBBB grade as an entry requirement.can't you read.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on: lol you still need an AAAAB-BBBBB grade as an entry requirement.can't you read.

Where does it say South Africans are required to bridge?

Please show me, since you read so well.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
BCraig:

Where does it say South Africans are required to bridge?

this is a copy/paste from the website:

General requirements for undergraduate courses

Entry requirements vary according to subject, but are typically in the region of AAAAB–BBBBB.

For entry onto certain subjects, particularly Science or Engineering degree courses, academic Schools may ask certain for subjects (usually Mathematics and Physics).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

this is a copy/paste from the website:

General requirements for undergraduate courses

Entry requirements vary according to subject, but are typically in the region of AAAAB–BBBBB.

For entry onto certain subjects, particularly Science or Engineering degree courses, academic Schools may ask certain for subjects (usually Mathematics and Physics).

Yes, AAAAB–BBBBB of our own South African system. Not so?

You get that, then you have direct entry for those specific subjects that require that.

Where do South Africans have to bridge?
May I have an answer please.

And where does a Naai-gerian of AAAAB–BBBBB gain direct entry? May I have an answer please.

Just show me where it says South Africans have to bridge. You said I'm not telling the truth, didn't you?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
paniki: So which country has the strongest military in Africa?

[size=16pt]EGYPT[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
BCraig:

Yes, AAAAB–BBBBB of our own South African system. Not so?

You get that, then you have direct entry for those specific subjects that require that.

Where do South Africa have to bridge?
May I have an answer please.

And where does a Naai-gerian of AAAAB–BBBBB. gain direct entry? May I have an answer please.

Just show me where it says South Africans have to bridge. You said I'm not telling the truth, didn't you?

first of all i never said you need an extra year,You need (typicaly) 4'a's and 1'B' to 5'Bs' for entry.now compare that with your average 30 for pass,or just check the wiki link.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
@bcraig
extract:Only a small proportion of candidates score an 'A' in any subject (from as little as 2% to a maximum of about 10% in subjects taken by highly select groups.) A further 8 – 15% are likely to gain a 'B' and about 20 – 25% achieve a 'C' grade. The Senior Certificate is a group certificate and records an aggregate mark.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

first of all i never said you need an extra year,You need (typicaly) 4'a's and 1'B' to 5'Bs' for entry.now compare that with your average 30 for pass,or just check the wiki link.

So, what's so untrue about my statement? I said South Africans don't have to bridge. What's untrue about that?

Just explain to me where the untruth is, looking at the above.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
BCraig:

So, what's so untrue about my statement? I said South Africans don't have to bridge. What's untrue about that?

i guess induced reasoning is a bit hard over there.My post suggest that what you posted is not entirely true because you did not add specific parts that suggest it is next to impossible for your country to get those scores.
since you want me to help think for you rather than reason it out, i am saying that only 3% at most of your country men can qualify to enter a U.K University.It is that percentage that can get those scores
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
Call for ICC probe into Naai-gerian murderous military.

http://www.irinnews.org/report/98426/call-for-icc-probe-into-nigerian-military

DAKAR, 16 July 2013 (IRIN) - As Nigeria attempts a ceasefire with militant Islamist group Boko Haram (BH), analysts warn against a blanket amnesty and urge that an expanded International Criminal Court (ICC) probe include alleged abuses by the military.

The ceasefire is being negotiated by a government panel set up to develop an amnesty for BH, but details as to when the truce will be signed, whether all the BH factions have agreed to it, or if the amnesty has played a role in the planned ceasefire, remain sketchy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

i guess induced reasoning is a bit hard over there.My post suggest that what you posted is not entirely true because you did not add specific parts that suggest it is next to impossible for your country to get those scores.

You're arguing against yourself. The scores required are from our OWN South African system. Therefore, your argument is mute.

The point is that our education system is trusted to assess itself. The Naai-gerian system is NOT. It requires a whole year's further assessment.

You tied yourself up in knots and your point is irrelevant.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
BCraig:

You're arguing against yourself. The scores required are from our OWN South African system. Therefore, your argument is mute.

The point is our education system is trusted to assess itself. The Naai-gerian system is NOT. It requires a whole year's further assessment.

You tied yourself up in knots and your point is irrelevant.

let me help you,3% of south frican students can score aaaab-bbbbb so the rest will keep trying year after year to enter and fail,while Nigerians only need 1 foundation year.Have you finally deduced what i have been implying?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

let me help you,3% of south frican students can score aaaab-bbbbb so the rest will keep trying year after year to enter and fail,while Nigerians only need 1 foundation year.Have you finally deduced what i have been implying?

Wake up, Sir. It says clearly, One sitting! If a South African goes to the university and has the scores, the South African is in. And that's only for specific subjects anyway.

If a Naai-gerian A student goes to the University, the Naai-gerian student will need to go through a foundation year. That's across the board.

Nowhere does it say South Africans have to bridge. Our system is trusted enough for that requirement to fall away. We don't gift people As in South Africa. That's why only the best get As. That's why our A students are respected. Yours are NOT. A student, B student, C student - the university doesn't believe you people know what you are doing.

I think you're trying to punish me for your own confusion. Your argument is irrelevant at worst and reinforces my point at best.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
BCraig:

Wake up, Sir. It says clearly, you need one sitting! If a South African goes to the university and has the scores, the South African is in. And that;s only for specific subjects anyway.

If a Naai-gerian A student goes to the University, the Naai-gerian students will need to go through a foundation year. That';s acriss the board.

Nowhere does it say South Africans have to bridge. Our system is trusted enough for that requirement to fall away. We don't gift people As in South Africa. That's why our A students are respected. Yours are NOT.

I think you're trying to punish me for your own confusion.

Good grief, is deductive reasoning that hard?what i am saying is this;for most South Africans that direct entry is an illusion.Do you understand?Can you interpret this?
http://allafrica.com/stories/201301040398.html

extract:A 20 to 39 percent pass rate was obtained at 485 schools, while 1224 schools had a pass rate of between 40 to 59 percent. If you can't i give up.ill stop derailing the thread here.
If you cant too bad.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

Where does your 3% figure come from? Whats percentage of Nigerians qualify to bridge?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
zetdee:

Where does your 3% figure come from? Whats percentage of Nigerians qualify to bridge?

He read wiki and wiki says only 3% score A in our OWN senior certificate exams.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by paniki(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

All respectable universities will have high entrance requirements, so I wouldn't be surprised if that varsity also has a AAAB requirement for its home students. I don't know of any South African doing engineering at a SA university with less than straight A's. The point is the the SA qualification is good enough for direct entry while Nigeria is not trusted. Pointless arguing against this.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:

Good grief, is deductive reasoning that hard?what i am saying is this;for most South Africans that direct entry is an illusion.

Your opening statement was that my statement was untrue.

So now, you've abandoned that argument?

Your argument is now that my statement was always true - it's just that for most South Africans , direct entry is an illusion?

Is that it now?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
paniki:

All respectable universities will have high entrance requirements, so I wouldn't be surprised if that varsity also has a AAAB requirement for its home students. I don't know of any South African doing engineering at a SA university with less than straight A's. The point is the the SA qualification is good enough for direct entry while Nigeria is not trusted. Pointless arguing against this.

Try to explain it to him slowly.

He's gone and confused and irritated himself. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by paniki(m): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

[size=16pt]EGYPT[/size]

Thanks

Thread closed.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
zetdee:

do the maths(simple probability).the % of students that score an A in a single subject and then a B.then the probability of scoring AAAAB-BBBBB that is an average of 70-75 passing grade.Then check you National passing grades.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on:
do the maths(simple probability).the % of students that score an A in a single subject and then a B.then the probability of scoring AAAAB-BBBBB that is an average of 70-75 passing grade.Then check you National passing grades.

So what? It is our OWN South African system that the students are measured against!

Your Naai-gerian system is ignored, no matter how "good" your students think they are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
@bcraig
---Your opening statement was that my statement was untrue. ---
quote where i said that son
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
Naai-geria: This country has its hands full grin

Fires everywhere!

How oil thieves beat Navy – Chief of Naval Staff

http://roadmapnigeria.com/news/?p=6797

In what apparently has become a source of concern and worry for the Nigerian Navy owing to the nefarious escapades and operations of oil thieves, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Dele Eze-Oba yesterday acquainted the Senate Committee on Navy on why the Nigerian Navy finds it very difficult to fight oil thieves, saying that unless proper funding is made available to keep its vessels running, the notion of the Navy confronting and getting rid of those engaging in the illegal act of oil theft may very well be a pipe dream.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by BCraig: 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
drag_on: @bcraig
---Your opening statement was that my statement was untrue. ---
quote where i said that son

See below - and I'm still waiting to hear which part was untrue. Point me to that, bearing in mind that my statement was simply that South Africans don't have to bridge and Naai-gerians do.

So please. Show me the untruth.

drag_on: i modified the post to show that your statement about south africa is not [b]entirely[/b]true.check the link
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
BCraig:

See below - and I'm still waiting to hear which part was untrue. Point me to that, bearing in mind that my statement was simply that South Africans don't have to bridge and Naai-gerians do.

So please. Show me the untruth.

entirely true and untrue is not the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.