Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,199 members, 7,867,480 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4470274 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
How about this, the first African to climb everest is South African, the first African to have a planet named after him is South African, the first African to go to Mars and the moon will be South African hehe.
Nice achievement.. buh, dude we both know nigeria's list is endless grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
scipher:
Nice achievement.. buh, dude we both know nigeria's list is endless grin

you mean at a bottom of a endless pit?:
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
scipher: African people are natives or inhabitants of Africa and people of African descent.
lets give it to them. They have it! However, just as the Americans went ahead of the soviets for the first time in space race by puting a man on the moon, we will overtake SA very soon in that area. I am not advocating for unhealthy competition here.

Y'all can google the story about GEJ planning to put a man in space by 2015.

Btw, i think its time we stoped associating the word "Africa" with black only.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
zetdee:

I'm afraid Google has alot of the Emeagwali types, It's hard to believe how the guy managed to fool so many people.
kindly elaborate
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
andrewza:

whatever makes you happy lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
souldust: dont let me descend on you like i did the other time.

We are not good at moulding good stuff? Why dont you read about the Benin arts now in the british museum in london. Also read comentaries about those arts.

Also look up the terra cota of the Nok civilization of North-central Nigeria. (Jos to be precise) and the yoruba arts before you come here and display an embarrassing level of ignorance.

Dont offend us by thinking we are spear wielding Bantu BUSHmen who knew nothing but dance around fire and hiting their feet on the ground with a big thud and singing Brenda's ubuntu ugumutu ga bantu cheesycheesycheesycheesy

When I look at every corner of my house, I see Koreans(LG), Japanese(Sony) and my German car(VW). I mean I have checked all over to see if I have missed anything that would be branded proudly Nigerian. Unfortunately, I could hardly find anything perhaps other than my petrol which was imported from Nigeria as a crude oil and refined in SA. FACT!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
How "challenged" is Naaigerian logic? Showing a picture of a Naai-gerian doing well in a foreign school is proof that Naai-geria's universities are good?

Really?!

So good that your smart individuals will ALL go overseas in order to feel like they have achieved?

Dudes and dudettes - your pictures work against you.

Lots of our smart people will happily study in UCT without having to go to the university of Texas grin. That's how you measure whether or not a country's universities are good.

I guess your hospitals are great too, seeing as your sick politicians get treated "abroad", as opposed to Naai-geria?

Some logic, that.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Does Naai-geria even use these garbage trucks that they have designed?

We all know Naai-geria isn't industrialised. So man so that Jonathan has begged Souti Africa for help. Designing a garbage truck with run-flat tyres is one thing. Meaning it viable is quite another. When you try to meat market with that garbage pickup truck, the market will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Back to the drawing board, Naai-gerians!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
souldust: lets give it to them. They have it! However, just as the Americans went ahead of the soviets for the first time in space race by puting a man on the moon, we will overtake SA very soon in that area. I am not advocating for unhealthy competition here.

Y'all can google the story about GEJ planning to put a man in space by 2015.

Btw, i think its time we stoped associating the word "Africa" with black only.

Russia won the space race, all americans now get flown in to space by russia, the race is still on only america pulled out
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
zetdee:

My God, a population of 170million, yet people feel the need to brag about such little things.

so now that we have proved to you we are among the most intelligent in the world you call it bargging.

You south afrcans behave like morons. Such 2 faced people

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
andrewza:

We had satellites in orbit long before you, and in truth nigeria has no satellites in orbits since they were built in china and UK

Oh, okay then south Africa too has no Gripen jets in its air force since they were built in Sweden. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
zetdee:

Well, now that you mentioned it, that vehicles does look like something that belongs in a museum.

so you lost that agument and are trying to divert abi!!! Gotcha
tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
chris365:

so now that we have proved to you we are among the most intelligent in the world you call it bargging.

IQ scores for 'african countries'
http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
chris365:

Naai-gerians and their empty claims. Because you have nothing tangible to point to, you now want to bore us with your claims to intelligence.

There's no such thing as "the most intelligent" nation to begin with. Nations are of average intelligence, with a few outliers. Naai-geria is no different.

The question is - how have you used your God-given intelligence? Where are the results? There's nothing tangible in Naai-geria. Therefore your claims to "super intelligence" make you look more st*pid than anything else.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
CraigB:

Naai-gerians and their empty claims. Because you have nothing tangible to point to, you now wave to hire is with your claims to intelligence.

There's no such thing as "the most intelligent" nation to begin with. Nations are of average intelligence, with a few outliers. Naai-geria is no different.

The question is - how have you used your God-given intelligence? Where are the results? There's nothing tangible in Naai-geria. Therefore your claims to "super intelligence" make you look more st*pid than anything else.
This is what happens when condoms leak sad

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
scipher: This is what happens when condoms leak sad

Typical - when all else fails, let's talk about s*x. Very intelligent! cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

still i have to keep you in my classroom on compassionate grounds my boy. feel free to leave my english language class if the only language your brain can analyse is afrikaans. grin

quote where i said in my post that egypt is still manufacturing swingfire missile today...show me that post and quote me.

the weblink source NEVER says the date egypt produced and stopped producing the swingfire, any date you choose to assume is your private imagination at home grin

also show us source where egypt said because they dont manufacture swingfire again today, all the 1,000 missiles they produced over the years has been thrown into red sea like "pharaohs army vs moses"

you really need a brain scan sir grin

so because Roland anti-aircraft missile is not being produced again today by manufacturer, then spain, argentina and nigeria have also thrown all their Roland missiles into the dustbin at the backyard of your house in soweto for gabbage disposal ? grin

i think after your brain scan, do brain surgery....maybe even total new brain transplant grin

I have come to the conclusion that you are suffering from multiple personalities. The multiple characters in your head don't know what the other one has said before.

Post by agaugust 6.46pm July 16 2013 Page 513

"you are really dumbo ! britain stopped production of swingfire, but egypt still produces it, get education below

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/egypt/abd.htm"

Did you not say that? Now admit to your mistake you fool or go sit in a corner and keep quiet.

When missiles systems reach the end of their production life they are either decommissioned or troops use them in exercises until stock runs out. Just like Britain did with Swingfire......they decomissioned the weapons. You can either decide to keep your Roland missiles in stock and just wait for the day you need them (meaning your new young recruits are not doing adequate training on them) or you decommission. Very simple. Missiles are not like IFV's. You cannot keep upgrading them yourself when the original manufacturer or a license producer does not exist. Do you understand now dumbo?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
Msauza:

When I look at every corner of my house, I see Koreans(LG), Japanese(Sony) and my German car(VW). I mean I have checked all over to see if I have missed anything that would be branded proudly Nigerian. Unfortunately, I could hardly find anything perhaps other than my petrol which was imported from Nigeria as a crude oil and refined in SA. FACT!!!

c'mon you cant tell me you beileve what you've just put up there. You also cant tell me thats the only fact that exists.

Why don you just eject that CD in your player and remember that you've been having crush on a married Omotola Jalade. Open your wardrobe and see the so many Agbada you bought for yourself and the Buba you plan to give to your girlfriend for your traditional wedding.

You forgot to look into your school bag you would have pulled out a "things fall apart", a "half of a yellow sun", a "lion and the jewel", a "the God's are not to be blamed" and an "arrow of God"! Since a man is defined by how much elightenment he's got, it means you are a proudly Nigerian product!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
@msauza the next time you go to the club to unwind and you hear psquare's Alingo, i want you to refuse to dance to it.

Pocket word for today: "a man is the first victim of his jealousy" ...SOULDUST
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
souldust:

c'mon you cant tell me you beileve what you've just put up there. You also cant tell me thats the only fact that exists.

Why don you just eject that CD in your player and remember that you've been having crush on a married Omotola Jalade. Open your wardrobe and see the so many Agbada you bought for yourself and the Buba you plan to give to your girlfriend for your traditional wedding.

You forgot to look into your school bag you would have pulled out a "things fall apart", a "half of a yellow sun", a "lion and the jewel", a "the God's are not to be blamed" and an "arrow of God"! Since a man is defined by how much elightenment he's got, it means you are a proudly Nigerian product!
born to a Nigerian father too grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

are you lost in south african village ? that is NOT an amateur rocket launch photo, a 50 feet long rocket ? show us the story behind that photo it with proof. no country will allow that kind of rocket launch by an amateur, he will get arrested and sent to jail !

nobody in the world can do that without government approval, and no government is stupid enough to grant approval to an amateur to launch 50 feet long rocket inside the country's territory, where will it land ? on peoples head in the city from that long range it has ? what is an amateur building and firing such a huge rocket for ?

even ordinary RPG tiny rocket is illegal private possession in america and europe....did you go to school and graduate ?

we are no fools here my friend, that photo is a huge military or licensed ballistics company project well funded with millions of dollars. better luck next time...dumbo ! grin grin grin

http://bayourat..com/2010/09/dr-jeff-taylors-rocket-flies-to-72000.html

[img]http://4.bp..com/_4BeomD8Hl00/TKIJnYvG71I/AAAAAAAAARc/mN0yEVozp_o/s1600/proteuslaunch.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_4BeomD8Hl00/TKIJZuYSOxI/AAAAAAAAARU/9A-koPM9RU0/s400/72000ft.jpg[/img]

The Proteus 6.5 rocket was launched from the Black Rock dry lake bed in northwest Nevada on 9/25/2010. Photo: Scott Kormeier. BLACK ROCK DESERT, Nevada USA — On Saturday, an amateur rocket built by Curt Newport and Loki Research's Jeff Taylor soared in excess of 70,000 feet into the brilliant blue Nevada skies above the Black Rock Desert floor just outside of the town of Gerlach.

Dubbed the Proteus 6.5, the minimum diameter P-motored flew to an altitude of 72,000 feet and was successfully recovered due to the use of modern tracking technology.

On board were GPS telemetry electronics as well as a video camera, the results of which will be featured in an upcoming issue of ROCKETS Magazine, the sponsor of the on board video camera. The video of the flight will also be made available on the ROCKETS Magazine BALLS19 DVD set when it is released.

"There are many people Curt and I want to thank," Jeff Taylor said in his announcement. "Thanks to Dave Leininger and his cohorts for vital assistance with the launch pad. Thanks to Darren Wright for use of his tracking transmitter. And a big thanks to Steve and Janice Hamblin for putting us up in Reno. I'm sure I'm leaving some people out, but know that your assistance was appreciated and I will thank you more properly after I recover a bit."

This is a still image taken from the on-board video during the flight of the Proteus 6.5 rocket at approximately 72,000 feet ASL. A still image taken from the Proteus' in-flight video near the 72,000 apogee shows a breath taking view of space and the curvature of the earth. The large body of water visible in the image at the lower right is Pyramid Lake. The on-board GPS telemetry payload transmitted position data during the flight and made recovery of the rocket quite easy.

The Tripoli Rocketry Association's BALLS launches are considered the premiere experimental rocket launches in the continental United States, held in the wide expanse of the Black Rock Desert, near Gerlach, Nevada. This year's event, held September 24th-26th, 2010, brought together dedicated rocketry enthusiasts devoted to the leading edge of non-professional experimental rocketry.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
andrewza:

Russia won the space race, all americans now get flown in to space by russia, the race is still on only america pulled out
who won the arms race? Just curious
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

are you lost in south african village ? that is NOT an amateur rocket launch photo, a 50 feet long rocket ? show us the story behind that photo it with proof. no country will allow that kind of rocket launch by an amateur, he will get arrested and sent to jail !

nobody in the world can do that without government approval, and no government is stupid enough to grant approval to an amateur to launch 50 feet long rocket inside the country's territory, where will it land ? on peoples head in the city from that long range it has ? what is an amateur building and firing such a huge rocket for ?

even ordinary RPG tiny rocket is illegal private possession in america and europe....did you go to school and graduate ?

we are no fools here my friend, that photo is a huge military or licensed ballistics company project well funded with millions of dollars. better luck next time...dumbo ! grin grin grin

http://www.space.com/13245-amateur-rocket-qu8k-carmack-prize.html

A team of amateur rocketeers has launched a small unmanned vehicle into the stratosphere in pursuit of a $10,000 prize offered by computer game developer turned aerospace pioneer John Carmack. -

See more at: http://www.space.com/13245-amateur-rocket-qu8k-carmack-prize.html#sthash.MpA7Tc6r.dpuf
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
CraigB:

More fake MBA logic on display. grin

The processor is the engine of the mobile device.

Apple's ipads receive chips that are fully built by samsung . Yet, the ipad remains an Apple/American product.

http://www.mactech.com/2013/07/15/samsung-supply-apple-iphone-a9-processor

Your argument is devoid of smarts. But then again, so are many other arguments of yours. cool

No doubt Apple Computers are an iconic American brand of digital products! Which does not make Apple computers, iPads, etc, American made products. Apple, IBM, and others are honest enough to paste labels stating where each products and components were manufactured, assembled or produced and declaring the components that belong to their respectful patent, IP rights owners!

Something South Africans can never be honest about!! Stop showing your stupidity and usual falsehood here!! You can never cure yourself of yourself!! CraigB again!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nigeria will most definitely be firing liquid fueled rockets(probably cryogenic)not all these solid crap.There is a vast technical difference between solid and liquid fueled rockets,anybody can build solid fueled rockets..
heck here is a post www..com/talk/topic,61033.0.html
If you want to launch rockets into space and not face sanctions,it is specific liquid fuel tech you will be using so it can't be easily weaponised. Nigeria has declared it is for space transport.(although if you have the required guidance to get a rocket into space,it does not take much to make a SLBM.)
pls. copy the whole link and paste in your browser.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

http://www.kiwispace.org.nz/display/PORTAL/Amateur+Rocketry+in+New+Zealand

AMATEUR ROCKETRY IN NEW ZEALAND

[img]http://www.kiwispace.org.nz/download/attachments/6488175/Picture1.jpg?version=2&modificationDate=1289931494000&api=v2[/img]

We are not talking here of the fireworks you light a fuse to on Guy Fawkes night and send into an enemy neighbour's yard. Amateur rockets have fins for guidance and a parachute for recovery at their most basic level. Their fuel is generally a composite material very similar to what is used in the solid fuel boosters of the Space Shuttle. As the rockets become larger in size and more sophisticated, then altimeters, on-board computers, GPS devices and multiple stages become part of the space adventure.

The New Zealand Rocketry Association (NZRA) is a group of people, both male and female who are interested in model rocketry, who build model rockets, and launch them into the atomosphere. Ages can range from 6 to 106 and the NZRA is open to everyone who wishes to join us in reaching for the skies. The NZRA has been in existence in various forms since 1991 and is now having a resurgence in membership.

Model rocketry opens up many avenues for learning, and the great thing is, just like astronomy, the learning never stops. There is always more to explore and if you keep at it, you can become a true rocket scientist. Much of the learning is about science. There are all manner of rocket motors and rocket sizes: fat ones - thin ones, designs built for speed and altitude and some having 2 or even 3 stages. You learn what slows a rocket down and what makes it sleek and efficient. You learn how to measure the altitude that your rocket reaches and in some instances learn how to communicate with your rocket via the GPS satellite network. You can even mount a camera on your rocket and watch the Earth recede as the rocket reaches for the sky. Above all, you learn how much fun all this learning can be!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
andrewza:

how can an endless pit have bottom? South african graduate
grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
agaugust:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/space/rockets/4315103

Rocket Record: The Largest, Heaviest Amateur Rocket Ever Launched

Rocket Record: The Largest, Heaviest Amateur Rocket Ever Launched - Popular Mechanics

Steve Eves broke two world records Saturday, when his 1/10th scale model of the historic rocket—built in his garage near Akron, Ohio—lifted off from a field on Maryland's Eastern Shore. The 36-ft.-tall rocket was the largest amateur rocket ever launched and recovered successfully—and at 1648 pounds, also the heaviest. Eves' single-stage behemoth was powered by nine motors—eight 13,000 Newton-second N-Class motors and a 77,000 Newton-second P-Class motor. (Five Newton-seconds is equivalent to about a pound of thrust.) All told, the array generated enough force to chuck a Volkswagen more than a half-mile—and sent the Saturn V more than 4440 feet straight up. It was arguably the most audacious display of raw power ever generated by an amateur rocket.

Have you been sufficiently embarrassed?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

No doubt Apple Computers are an iconic American brand of digital products! Which does not make Apple computers, iPads, etc, American made products. Apple, IBM, and others are honest enough to paste labels stating where each products and components were manufactured, assembled or produced and declaring the components that belong to their respectful patent, IP rights owners!

Something South Africans can never be honest about!! Stop showing your stupidity and usual falsehood here!! You can never cure yourself of yourself!! CraigB again!!

Ah! All4Naija on his favourite topic. Computers. grin

Designed in California. Silicone Valley.

That Chinese factories are used is inconsequential. That Samsung processors are used in also inconsequential. The products are as American as they come. Apple products are Silicone valley products. End of story.

Unless you wish to deny the red?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
saengine:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/space/rockets/4315103

Rocket Record: The Largest, Heaviest Amateur Rocket Ever Launched

Rocket Record: The Largest, Heaviest Amateur Rocket Ever Launched - Popular Mechanics

Steve Eves broke two world records Saturday, when his 1/10th scale model of the historic rocket—built in his garage near Akron, Ohio—lifted off from a field on Maryland's Eastern Shore. The 36-ft.-tall rocket was the largest amateur rocket ever launched and recovered successfully—and at 1648 pounds, also the heaviest. Eves' single-stage behemoth was powered by nine motors—eight 13,000 Newton-second N-Class motors and a 77,000 Newton-second P-Class motor. (Five Newton-seconds is equivalent to about a pound of thrust.) All told, the array generated enough force to chuck a Volkswagen more than a half-mile—and sent the Saturn V more than 4440 feet straight up. It was arguably the most audacious display of raw power ever generated by an amateur rocket.

Have you been sufficiently embarrassed?

They aren't capable of being embarrassed. If they were, they would have asked for Ghana take over their embarrassing country already.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
souldust: @msauza the next time you go to the club to unwind and you hear psquare's Alingo, i want you to refuse to dance to it.

Pocket word for today: "a man is the first victim of his jealousy" ...SOULDUST

Damn!! This freak. Unfortunately, I am a middle class and I don't get to attend those clubs that play that kind of music. I am more into techno and SA deep house music.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
CraigB:

Ah! All4Naija on his favourite topic. Computers. grin

Designed in California. Silicone Valley.

That Chinese factories are used is inconsequential. That Samsung processors are used in also inconsequential. The products are as American as they come. Apple products are Silicone valley products. End of story.

Unless you wish to deny the red?

NaijaPikinGidi:

When I highlight components manufacture, all you picture is Chinese workers? Your 33% brain is about to fail you again! Strip the Apple computer of its logo and exterior brand design elements and tell me if you'll still recognize the product. All you'll see will be the core of the embedded hardware peripherals, chips, circuit UIs, etc., with other (rival) brandnames including IBM, Samsung, Motorola, to name a few! You cannot confuse Apple's brand IP with it's product IP. The both are exclusive to themselves!!

You need to go wrap your head around IP and branding issues if you really want to hold this debate with me. Right now I'll allow you to go remedy yourself and not waste my precious time. Your Rooivalk helos are not wholly South African!! Period!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.