Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? (6813 Views)

Poll: Would You?

No: 30% (60 votes)
Yes: 69% (139 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Is The Credibility In Jega's Led Inec Election? / No Fewer Than 12 Mandates Granted By The Atahiru Jegga Led Inec Has Been Nulifie / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by otukpo(f): 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
yes. i will support her
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by safariman(m): 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
No, I would not support.  She was part of a PDP led govt and was busy rebranding the nation while Yar'dua was in exile and only spoke out after she must have learnt that Yar'dua wasn't coming back.  Plus she talks too much for an information minister especially on personal matters (taking sleeping pills and had to leave town etc)
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by passionup: 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
@poster,
i simply aligned  with the submission of choseno4.she is a PDP member and as such cannot be impartial. she is a stakeholder in pdp both in her state and at the National level.She is a thorough bred woman ,fearless and forceful but she is a politician.Thats the big minus for her in respect of the job.
The  appointment of a chairman for INEC shouldnt be taken with levity. Its a serious JOB that demands serious and dedicated people.People that truely love this country and we need retired judges of the SUPREME COURT to do that job. We have justices that are unblemished and had served in the supreme court without a stain to their reputation.The job is tasking and we need knowledgeable and firm people who can do the job.

@becomericch,    Do you have substantive evidence linking DORA to all these allegations OR U JUST TAKE DELIGHT IN RUNNING PPLE DOWN HIDING BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by beystwin: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2010
No! I do not want her to lead INEC. I want her to move on to bigger things like FCT minister, president of Naija, President of the word.  cool
INEC is too small for her person. Thank you please! wink
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
alanbolo:

Either right person or not, is it possible to choose an opponent to that position?

the right person to such postion should be a neutral person.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by chidichris(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
anyone can be the inec chairman as long as obasanjo is dead but as long as he lives, he has what it takes to turn all nigerians to a morrise iwu.
in the absence of obasanjo, anyone can do very well as the inec head.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by peacettw: 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2010
It really doesn't matter. If the electoral reform is passed into law, then a sheep can successfully lead INEC
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by rebranded(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
shes a PDP member, she even had an interview when PDP lost Anambra to say why they lost, she cant head INEC, she would have been perfect but as a member of PDP, NO WAY!
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by jbloggs(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
I guess you are among those that want to really insult that innocent woman,
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by adaspire: 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
I dont trust that woman, you cant know what she has in mind at a particular time, why dont we try wole shoyinka and see if he will lose his credibility and i will also support open ballot system like that of 1983, everybody will know the result b4 it comes out,
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by illusion2: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2010
She's(Dora) a card carrying PDP member. . . not much of an unbiased umpire IMO. .

Justice Uwais would be the ideal choice. wink
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
peacettw:

It really doesn't matter. If the electoral reform is passed into law, then a sheep can successfully lead INEC
lets wait until the nass pass it provided they dont amend the vital parts of it.its all about give and take between the assembly and executive
jbloggs:

I guess you are among those that want to really insult that innocent woman,
nobody hates her just that she must definitely play the script of the president if she gets there
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by rebranded(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
Ribadu might be a better option
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nautillus(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
yes!!!
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by ajadudu: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2010
No, she is not in control of her emotions. You need that in such a sensitive role in which you are addressing the nation/press frequently. She should go to Health or a similar role
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by seunspice(m): 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2010
I have been monitoring this thread and i hope someone somewhere up there is reading as well. Dora definitely polarizes us, its either you love her or hate her, You can't sit on the fence when Dora is involved. I would say No to her being INEC chairman becasue ,

1. At NAFDAC, she did a wonderful job as head but did an even better job at Image laundering.

2. As Minister for Information she was overwhelmed by prevailing situations, and even in her controversial recent interview, she confessed to having consulted some 'fellow' ministers before making up her mind. we don't need such a person as INEC head.

However, by direct comparison, i would pick her ahead of Iwu a billion times for the job.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Igwe9(m): 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2010
Dora is the perfect figure for the post, atleast she has the interest of Nigerians at heart, and she hardly takes bribe from anybody.
she'd do the job without any fear or favor if given the opportunity.
I' would have advised for a fresh hand, but our democracy is still too sensitive to be toiled with.
Regards
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
The new Dora will get my vote
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by LAFOCUZY: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
The problem in nigeria is as complex as comments on NL. Some say this woman is as corrupt as any other nigerian politician when they cann't point at any proof. Some say she is just a favor seeking politician any the list goes on, Some say INEC needs a more credible Nigerian, who is that?? is the question. They do not have any suggestion.

Its simply ridiculous, sometimes I think readig comments on NL is becoming awaste of time. My advice is if someone has done something right, let say he has done something right and encourage him, even if he made some mistakes. That way we will be encouraging more people to look in that direction and maKE POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION. This attitude of dicrediting people is simply defeatist and discourages even the most morally sound official. Afterall no one will recognize his good efforts, why do good anyway!!.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
LAFOCUZY:

The problem in nigeria is as complex as comments on NL. Some say this woman is as corrupt as any other nigerian politician when they cann't point at any proof. Some say she is just a favor seeking politician any the list goes on, Some say INEC needs a more credible Nigerian, who is that?? is the question. They do not have any suggestion.

Its simply ridiculous, sometimes I think readig comments on NL is becoming awaste of time. My advice is if someone has done something right, let say he has done something right and encourage him, even if he made some mistakes. That way we will be encouraging more people to look in that direction and maKE POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION. This attitude of dicrediting people is simply defeatist and discourages even the most morally sound official. Afterall no one will recognize his good efforts, why do good anyway!!.

It is not a matter of her being corrupt, it is a matter of her never used to be able to stand for what she blvs . . . .that was why i said, the NEw Dora will get my vote
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
I'll support DOra to hold any position in Nigeria.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by alanbolo(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2010
Someone who have nothing to fear, no intimidation can let him/her succumb to pressure,    it doesn't matter what party card they're carrying.  All that matters is true and fair,    Not perfect,   as that word doesn't exist in any political elections,   even in US.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by alanbolo(m): 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
Thank you for being on the spot,     Reading Fani-Kayode and Doyin-Okupe recent interviews, U will come to like those guys but as usual, they will be criticized for their past efforts on Nigerian Issues.  I tire oh.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by lawak: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
YES, I will support her.

@becomerich,
every right thinking person will know that you are just being petty. better learn from your brother Andooaka who accused her falsely without facts.

She was the only person who stood for the truth when others (both men and women) were scared to do so.

u r still entitled to ur opinion all the same.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
afam4eva:

I'll support DOra to hold any position in Nigeria.
Igwe.:

Dora is the perfect figure for the post, atleast she has the interest of Nigerians at heart, and she hardly takes bribe from anybody.
she'd do the job without any fear or favor if given the opportunity.
I' would have advised for a fresh hand, but our democracy is still too sensitive to be toiled with.
Regards

you guys should stop be tribalistic and face reality.i would have preferred her but inec chairman post is not to be held by a politician moreover a pdp member
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by dearie(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2010
Naaaaaah!!!

She can't be trusted with that. Having hobnobbed with the heirachy of the PDP, she can't be a nuetral umpire.

However, i hope she returns to the cabinet prolly as the health minister or so.

She can't even be trusted with EFCC job now.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Basics007: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
No i wont. I dont want to kill her for her children. Nigerian politicians will only snuff life out of her if she tries any of that holy holy stuff. Give her a more malleable portfolio abeg.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by bike1: 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ becomrich-hope u have ur facts to back up ur utterances about this woman.

Dora should be deployed to health, she is no politician
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Tcrack(m): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
she cant be any worse than the goat that was there before. i would support her.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by kingsboy12(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
What ever, only time will tell lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Igwe9(m): 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you guys should stop be tribalistic and face reality.i would have preferred her but inec chairman post is not to be held by a politician moreover a pdp member
there's nothing like tribalism here, Morice iwu, is not an Igbo man? i hate it when people associate every national issue with tribal sentiment.
we'd judge dora based on her past performances, her actions as a nafdac boss, for e.g, who suffered the most in her hands as the nafdac boss? if you don't know, pls do ask igbo traders at onitsha market.

Moreover she stood by us ''Nigerians'' in the course of discharging her duties even when she found herself in b/w the devils and the deep sea.
some folks are here discrediting her for no just no reason, be it as a PDP member or what, she's to be judged as dora not as an entity which is bound to collapse at any time, hence i say PDP is not a custodian of anybody, anybody can decamp to any political party on his/her own free will.

regards
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by texazzpete(m): 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2010
Dora Akunyili? For INEC lead? are you out of your minds?

You simpletons may have been fooled by her camera antics of recent, but i remember when she was firmly on the side of the demons during the Ekiti state election. her role in the NTA scam is still yet to be explained.

Rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Becomes A Newspaper Columnist! / President Shagari Is Overthrown===> Sani Abacha Coup Speech / NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.