Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? (6815 Views)

Poll: Would You?

No: 30% (60 votes)
Yes: 69% (139 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Is The Credibility In Jega's Led Inec Election? / No Fewer Than 12 Mandates Granted By The Atahiru Jegga Led Inec Has Been Nulifie / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by heilige(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2010
INEC is not a place for her. INEC will always be corrupt, as long as PDP rules.
Madam Dora nah first class coup plotter. You don't need guns to plan successful coups. If not for madam, Turai and her gang for still dey hold us ransome.
Thank you madam.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by fisheye: 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
ask her what happened at ekiti, she sure cant talk about credible polls.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by dazzy4real(m): 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2010
Yes i will support ha pdp or no pdp so long as dat man leaves dat post,
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by truly: 8:07am On Mar 21, 2010
@fisheye
ask her what happened at ekiti,  she sure cant talk about credible polls

Exactly. When Yaradua was firmly in power, did Akunyili tell him the truth ie to allow the INEC official in Ekiti release the authentic result?

Akunyili only started talking after
Obasanjo had publicly asked Yaradua to quit (So Obj knew something and it was safe to assume that talking will not backfire)
Shagari, Gowon & co had gone to the national assembly to ask that Johnathan be made acting president

Furthermore, can she tell us what happened to the NTA OB van contract that was required for the U-17 world cup

I am not enamoured of her at all

Iwu is partlly INEC's problem, PDP is also part of it
How will career politicians who have not been performing, and do not answer to us ever allow INEC to conduct and election that will sweep them away

Who voluntarily commits such suicide

I actually believe that protests against Yaradua are not as important as protests for reform that will make us truly decide who will govern us

Obj would not have fielded an unfit Yaradua if Nigerians had the powers to vote against a man whose health status they are not sure of
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by bootstrap(m): 10:10am On Mar 21, 2010
. . . . HELL NO. . . . she can't deliver. . . at least in my opinion sha,

(1) She, like most women is too emotional! which is why she could easily succed at NAFDAC; Lifes where involved, especially kids. INEC needs STEEL BALLS and COLD HEART; Non of which she has.

(2) She is no good team player. Seen frm how she handled FEC-YARADUA MATTER. To succeed at INEC a very-very good team player is needed and all team members must be carried along.

(3) I think she talks too MUCH.

In a different light, if i were Ebelle Goodluck she will no longer be on my cabinate. SHE IS NO GOOD TEAM PLAYER and she has LOYALITY ISSUES. And when it comes to loyality, no one knows it better than GoodlUCK.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by yinchar(m): 10:49am On Mar 21, 2010
Have u all forget what she did in Ekiti state all her role in cajoling the REC woman i cant believe this,
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Idolys(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2010
I wish prof. Wole Soyinka'd be given that Iwu's post,it'll be better 'coz he supports no body in politcs and he is strict as well.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Kratos007(m): 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
capital NO
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Rmc1(m): 3:26am On Mar 22, 2010
yes i will definitly support dora for inec, but i will prefer she be in the power and electricity sector so she help put phcn in order and give nigeria light
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Mar 22, 2010
Rmc1:

yes i will definitly support dora for inec, but i will prefer she be in the power and electricity sector so she help put phcn in order and give nigeria light

What makes you think she can help in power? Did she help as communication Minister? If yes, how?
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by seunspice(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2010
This thread is really interesting. it shows that Nairaland is really representative of Nigerians, Several divergent views from most responses. However, i think the majority of the folks on this thread are anti Dora which is my position too.
I want to believe that we may not even need the national assemblies anymore. we have enough representative views here. Abi na lie i talk?
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by splashbaby(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2010
Ben-10:

DORA? Gossip go too much. Result will be out before official announcement~! cheesy
[/quote]Lol! TRUE TALK
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Virgo83(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2010
No matter how tough you think she is, she'll definitely be compromise,
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by kliffo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2010
@kobojunkie, we are talking of evidence of personal corruption, not institutional corruption
in the ministry of communication. While i can concede that she may not be a saint, there is
still no evidence. You have to admit that she is quite effective even in information and communication
where she is not an expert.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by rahmanajeigbe(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
grin grin grin as good as having lai mohammed as INEC chairman.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
kliffo:

@kobojunkie, we are talking of evidence of personal corruption, not institutional corruption
in the ministry of communication. While i can concede that she may not be a saint, there is
still no evidence. You have to admit that she is quite effective even in information and communication
where she is not an expert.

OH!!! So, INEPTITUDE is ok as long as their is no evidence of corruption? WoW!! you must love Yar adua then since we have yet to get evidence of personal corruption on his end. ( see how people they continue to sell us short).

As for your SAINT comment, I say, stuff that BULL CRAP talk where it belongs. It is established FACT that no human is without flaws so to try to argue that, or that we are not is silly no matter what side of the debate you want to get on. All she had to do was do her job well, and her job entailed serving the interest of the Nigerian people. Do you have evidence that she did that well? or are you just about to tell me that THROWING AROUND THE WORD establishes your claims of her, even when reality says otherwise ?
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by GodwinAkpisheye: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
she can deliver. i support the idea.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by seunajia: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
Her track record at NAFDAC speaks volume, eventho she nearly lost it all as Minister of Informatn and Communicatn. All in all, I'd say NO, make her Minister of Health and put a round peg in a round hole.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Vestido: 10:24pm On May 19, 2010
Frankly speaking, the issue isn't the INEC chairman. It all has to do with the interest of incumbent. If President Goodluck Jonathan, wishes for the nation a free and fair election, he will put every thing in place to achieve that; else the cry for a reputable person to head INEC will be a futile one. I will urge Nigerians to see politics and democracy as institutions that require proper tutelage for someone to really qualify to render services to humanity, because you don't give what you don't have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience / Militant Group Orders All Niger Deltans To Return Home, Declares War On Nigeria / Less Than 24 Hours After Buhari Host Saraki ,court Halts EFCC, DSS From Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.