Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? (6816 Views)

Poll: Would You?

No: 30% (60 votes)
Yes: 69% (139 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Is The Credibility In Jega's Led Inec Election? / No Fewer Than 12 Mandates Granted By The Atahiru Jegga Led Inec Has Been Nulifie / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by KnowAll(m): 7:52am On Mar 20, 2010
INEC Chairman is a demotion to say the least, have u guys forgotten what Akinyuli said in some interview a while back now,  she said in her new job which was the Information Minister's job, she gets 9 times the allowances she got as NAFDAC Chairman.

I think  ministers in the grand scheme of things are higher placed than INEC Chairman in terms of allowances and other things, going from a full fledge Minister to INEC Chairman is a demotion and secondly,  something a lot of people have already pointed out, she is a card carrying politician and therfore cannot be INEC Chairman.

Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by denny4ril: 7:53am On Mar 20, 2010
yes and yes!
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by kelvd4real(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2010
Dora did well as NAFDAC boss but when sh was made minister, she almost messed up all she achieved in NAFDAC.
Dont 4get her role in Ekiti elections, Her stands in Yaradua's kitchen cabinet until she realised there was going to be change in power and she quickly jumped the boat (Smart move though).
I know she will not do well in INEC. My reasons,

1. She is not consistent
2. She is too into PDP
3. She cannot control her emotions, hence sometimes engages in Idle talks.
4. Even though people say she is fearless, I disagree because on few occasions when she was hushed down, she disappeared into thin air. The most recent being after the governors forum asked her to keep quiet.

My Submission
Considering my listed points above, i will say NO but rather prefer her in Ministry of Health.
Why dont we try Wole Soyinka or Emeka Anyaoku. Atleast this people are international figures and have a lot to loose if the tamper with their reputations.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by kelvd4real(m): 8:05am On Mar 20, 2010
KnowAll:

INEC Chairman is a demotion to say the least, have u guys forgotten what Akinyuli said in some interview a while back now, she said in her new job which was the Information Minister's job, she gets 9 times the allowances she gets as NAFDAC Chairman.

I think ministers in the grand scheme of things are higher placed than INEC Chairman in terms of allowances and other things, going from a full blown Minister to INEC Chairman is a demotion and secondly, something a lot of people have already pointed out, she is a card carrying politician and therfore cannot be INEC Chairman.

Dont be decieved by what you see. In as much as I dont support her for INEC position, its good for us to be aware of what is on ground.
Her being a card carrying member of the PDP might just not disqualify her because the position of INEC boss had been prearranged in such a way that its only a card carrying politician that can occupy the position. If not so, why is it that one of the criteria no qualify to be nominated into the INEC boss position is that the person most be such that is qualified to serve in the national assembly. Now ask yourself if it is possible to be elected into the National Assembly without being a card carrying member of a party?
Electoral reforms and constitutional review is the way forward.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by harakiri(m): 8:31am On Mar 20, 2010
Yes. . .without question (unless you have a better candidate)
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by mridea(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2010
No!
I prefer Wole Soyinka.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nescoemmy(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2010
i think i will support her.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by KnowAll(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2010
Why would any sane christain or good muslims take the INEC Job. When the President of the nation can call u and asked u to perform some ingenious creative accounting with election results. I dont think if one has got a conscience it is a job one should endeavour into.

This Job is for 2 individuals those who have a very high moral fabric built into their inner being. That is A man or woman who will look the President in the eye, and say, I rather resign than change results and those who are born from the bowels of hell whose trademark is confusion, calamity and mayhem they thrive in such disorganise enviroments.

That woman caved in Ekiti State. She would have written her name in gold but succmb to pressure from the Presidency and INEC. It goes to show Yaradua's Presidency is an evil Presidency, how could they put so much pressure on that grand ma of 70 year old.

I dont respect that govenor in Ekiti, it was a stolen mandate. Akinyuli with her volatile conscience will not be able to hack it.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Jibson999(m): 9:49am On Mar 20, 2010
@know all. What do u know at all, shiorr. So u mean there is no one in a country with about 150 million citizens dat can look d bull in its eye. If you dont have d balls then leave dose with 3balls to take over
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by upchair(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2010
It will be a good idea for Dora to head INEC.

However the problem is that I fear for her life. She might not come out of there alive.

So on that note I don't think she should go there. Cause these are dangerous heartless people who can kill in order to

have their way.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by KnowAll(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2010
@know all. What do u know at all, shiorr. So u mean there is no one in a country with about 150 million citizens dat can look d bull in its eye. If you dont have d balls then leave dose with 3balls to take ove

People like u, I dont have to give u much for u to declare the PDP the winner in Lagos State. I suspect u are the type that will sell your soul for N10,000.00
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by jswagg4(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2010
Never,i lost respect 4 her d moment she became minister of info.,i really dont why though!being minister of health should suit her, maybe,,
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2010
I would.
Even though she's in a PDP led goyernment, i don't believe she would rig in their favour.
At least she proved she stands for truth and justice in the whole Yar'Adua drama.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2010
Yes i support Dora, she can do better.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by ReachRich(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2010
I would rather support Powerful men of God like Pastor E A Adeboye,Bishop David Oyedepo,Bishop David Abioye,Rev. Chris Okotie,Rev Chris Oyakhilome and Rev. Tunde Bakare.These men cant be bribed and they will discharge their duties creditably and honestly,without fear or favour.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by oasis1(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2010
yes ooooo she is good.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by TippyTop(m): 11:44am On Mar 20, 2010
Would other parties accept her result if she were made the INEC chairman? Is Dora not a politician?
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by kliffo(m): 11:44am On Mar 20, 2010
I think Dora will do a credible job at INEC if given a chance,however i would prefer a radical from the west or
North this time. A Wole Soyinka or Abubakar Umar or even Falana will do.

@Becomerich, You are truly rich in hate, full of venom and rabidly anti igbo. Show proof of her being
corrupt or just try and grow up.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by LAFOCUZY: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2010
To a large part what we bring to every task, organisation or institution we belong to  is our inner self quality formed over years. How we carry out the task, survive in that organisation is simply a matter of tweaking our those inner qualities to adapt. However, when critical issues that challenge our inner believe manifest, we unconsciously , sometime without restrain exhibit our real self. We saw that during obsanjo administration. He litterally demonstarted that in all interviews.

I think the case of Dora is same. Do anybody understand the potential grave consequence of being the one to make such public statement and take that position. some now say that the FEC agreed on the position Dora projected shortly before she did that. But remember she was attacked by most of them, while a few kept quiet to see how things unfold. Why didn't anybody speak up at that time until she did or at least publicly concurred in the manner she did. This takes huge courage driven by an inner quality. Within the limits of my knowledge of political dynamics and Dora's intent(if any), I think she is the most courageous woman and politician of our time. Let throw our weight on such people and support them. Take a look at what Fashola is doing in Lagos and some now criticize him. Yes he could have a mistake at somethings who wouldn't. Lets encourage this people, lets celebrate them.

Being a card carrying member of the PDP did not stop her to speak up against what principal members of the PDP carefully avoided, did not stop her from putting her political career on the line and be labelled with whatever derogatory names some people call her today. And that will not stop her from doing her best in any position barring human natural weakness which all of us have, however different
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Ben13: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
DORA? Gossip go too much. Result will be out before official announcement~! cheesy
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by beystwin: 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2010
I love Dora and support her every move. But let another carry the burden of INEC. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by mezie4u(m): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2010
oh yes i'll support Dora led INEC, but we all know that it can never happen in Nigeria. once Iwu is removed, a mallam or another hungry prof will replace him. I rest my case.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by tayo4me(f): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
She can be good, but is at present directly or indirectly involved with a political party, and this can make her biased. On this basis I dont think I'll support a Dora Akunyili led INEC
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by tayo4me(f): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2010
kelvd4real:

Dora did well as NAFDAC boss but when sh was made minister, she almost messed up all she achieved in NAFDAC.
Dont 4get her role in Ekiti elections, Her stands in Yaradua's kitchen cabinet until she realised there was going to be change in power and she quickly jumped the boat (Smart move though).
I know she will not do well in INEC. My reasons,

1. She is not consistent
2. She is too into PDP
3. She cannot control her emotions, hence sometimes engages in Idle talks.
4. Even though people say she is fearless, I disagree because on few occasions when she was hushed down, she disappeared into thin air. The most recent being after the governors forum asked her to keep quiet.

My Submission
Considering my listed points above, i will say NO but rather prefer her in Ministry of Health.
Why dont we try Wole Soyinka or Emeka Anyaoku. Atleast this people are international figures and have a lot to loose if the tamper with their reputations.

I disagree with you. First of all, Soyinka wont accept such position and secondly, the government wont appoint him cuz dey he is too big for them
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2010
kliffo:

I think Dora will do a credible job at INEC if given a chance,however i would prefer a radical from the west or
North this time. A Wole Soyinka or Abubakar Umar or even Falana will do.

@Becomerich, You are truly rich in hate, full of venom and rabidly anti igbo. Show proof of her being
corrupt
or just try and grow up.

Where was this credibility you claim when EKITI was on the line? Where was this credibility when the NTA contract was questioned? Where was this credibility when the country had no clue where their president was for 2 whole months? Where was her credibility when she, for over 2 months continued to lie to the Nigerian people that the president was OK and talking to members of his cabinet? Why do we play the AMNESIA card so quickly? Why did her credibility wait till a week or two before the VP was made acting president to act?

What special proof do we need? The acts of her ministry in the year 2009/2010 is clear enough proof for any Nigerian willing to honestly assess the issue. Visit the Ministry of Communication website for education on what role that ministry is supposed to do, and whom the ministry is supposed to serve. Then come back and tell us how the ministry was able to effectively fullfill those duties to the Nigerian people during her time as minister.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by SapeleGuy: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
Hell No. Oyibo call this type of appointment conflict of interest.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by ReachRich(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
Guys whatever we say here doesnt matter.At the end of Iwu's tenure,FG will just pick any1 who will continue the rigging process unless the ongoing electoral reform is passed into law whereby the NJC will appoint the INEC chairman.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by tlops(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2010
ReachRich:

I would rather support Powerful men of God like Pastor E A Adeboye,Bishop David Oyedepo,Bishop David Abioye,Rev. Chris Okotie,Rev Chris Oyakhilome and Rev. Tunde Bakare.These men cant be bribed and they will discharge their duties creditably and honestly,without fear or favour.

your answer: NO! tongue
it would have been enuff. your list of suggestion could triger another thread (no Imam on the list) shocked shocked

As for the mentioned pple, they have a mandate from God and to pick up INEC position is to drop that mandate. (cant serve 2 masters and would rather not meddle with "civilian" responsiblities).
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by splashbaby(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2010
Ben-10:

DORA? Gossip go too much. Result will be out before official announcement~! cheesy
Ben-10:

lol[b][size=8pt][color=#006600][/color][/size][/b]
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by cap28: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[size=12pt]Where was this credibility you claim when EKITI was on the line? Where was this credibility when the NTA contract was questioned? Where was this credibility when the country had no clue where their president was for 2 whole months? Where was her credibility when she, for over 2 months continued to lie to the Nigerian people that the president was OK and talking to members of his cabinet? Why do we play the AMNESIA card so quickly? Why did her credibility wait till a week or two before the VP was made acting president to act?

@kobojunkie you are on point - as i have said earlier and will continue to say we deserve the a.s.s.h.o.l.e.s we have as leaders because we are not capable of reasoning properly, this woman is a liar and a thief there is nothing honourable about her or she would have not had anything to do with these criminals, this whole topic is a complete waste of time, if i came to your house and stole your money and raped your wife  then tomorrow you saw me on the road and i came to preach to you about morality would you not be within your right to attack me physically ? - this post is symptomatic of the moral bankruptcy and retardation of our people, we bow and scrape before people who hate us and wish us ill while we scorn and deride genuine and sincere people, im afraid we are going to have to find out the hard way that justice is something you fight for not something that is handed to you on a plate - ask the south africans.
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by Borat1: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
The same Dora that has been telling Nigerians blatant lies?
Re: Would You Support A Dora Akunyili Led Inec? by beystwin: 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
cap28:

@kobojunkie you are on point - as i have said earlier and will continue to say we deserve the a.s.s.h.o.l.e.s we have as leaders because we are not capable of reasoning properly, this woman is a liar and a thief there is nothing honourable about her or she would have not had anything to do with these criminals, this whole topic is a complete waste of time, if i came to your house and stole your money and despoiled your wife then tomorrow you saw me on the road and i came to preach to you about morality would you not be within your right to attack me physically ? - this post is symptomatic of the moral bankruptcy and retardation of our people, we bow and scrape before people who hate us and wish us ill while we scorn and deride genuine and sincere people, im afraid we are going to have to find out the hard way that justice is something you fight for not something that is handed to you on a plate - ask the south africans.

Is there anyone more genuine and sincere than Dora in Naija. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Saraki And Jonathan: Is Goodluck Jonathan An Accident Waiting To Happen / Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan / The Sacred Ofo Of Igbo People And The Staff Of Moses In Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.