Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,228 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:09 AM

Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas (20632 Views)

25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them / My Experience With A Fraudulent Property Agent / For Your Property: How To Stop Your Gen Automatically By An ATS After Some Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Kakamorufu(m): 10:41am On Nov 07, 2017
Na why some no even bother send money home again
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by deflover(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2017
Why use a relative
How dumb will they be
Why not use a lawyer
Pay to the firm and ve the lawyer dhl the documents to you
Nigerians will be doing the right thing through the wrong means
I ve seen a father use all his son's sweat marry new wives
The boy was deported
He was hiding in Lagos
Called his father
He came with Ghana must go bag
Thinking he was coming to pack more money
He was asked about the money sent
The man begin dey look sky
The guy left Nigeria for Ghana broke
And has cut his father off his life

7 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by jaxxy(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2017
Its called greediness and people shud try to know the type of family members they have and if they have nothing meaningful doing for themselves the more likely they are to do such.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by muller101(m): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2017
Their type will be the first to scream corruption
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Odingo1: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The best is to build for them and build yours.
Kill two birds with one stone.
The person is plucking money from tree abi shocked shocked smiley

4 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Tunks2017(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2017
If you want to invest or buy any propety in Nig, travel down and do it yourself............simple.
Nigerians see delight in doing the most disheartening things to thier fellow blood Nigerians shocked

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by dtruth50: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2017
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2017
Better and reliable remedy to all these issues is to transact directly with reputable real estate companies.

You may still assign either friend or relative to do the inspection on your behalf, but once that is ascertain, pay directly into the company account.

How do you do that?

We're reliable real estate consultants, we deliver effective and efficient services to all our clients home and abroad.

For enquiries and inspection: 08062342001
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by mavinc4u(f): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2017
grin op, I love your marketing skills. It works like charm.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Greenbullet(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
That's why my friend is building through me, can you imagine, he sent 4 million naira to his brother , common granite, d guy nor buy.
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by RSVP: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
I tire ooo... Dis kind pple ehn

Issookk lipsrsealed

Lexusgs430:

Only one person to build 2 houses? For fear of been cornered?

Are you forgetting abroad, that person too might own one house.....

You wan kill this horse?

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:
build for dem because u be father xmas abi, y dem no go hustle

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Lexusgs430: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2017
RSVP:
I tire ooo... Dis kind pple ehn

Issookk lipsrsealed

Both of us dey wonder togeda....
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Diso60090(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2017
Una wan try catch new mugu since uptown nor dey clear again we don wise hahaha the thing pain many of una
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Diso60090(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2017
Greenbullet:
That's why my friend is building through me, can you imagine, he sent 4 million naira to his brother , common granite, d guy nor buy.
tell your friend say he never see anything

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by agarawu23(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2017
Only good relatives can make use of your money wisely as instructed. Many relatives have turned most Diaspora's to begger. You send them money to arrange things before u come but they will use the money for another thing. angry

That's why is good to always come home to see things for yourself if you have papers and go back.

I will also advice u to stay away from relatives if u want to progress with ur earnings.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by zoechris: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2017
I think what people have forgotten is that the law of sowing and reaping still exists.
Integrity should be our watchword.

Check here for available properties;
www.zoerealestateproperties.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by perry1988(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2017
Shame
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=hahn post=62139637]

Why don't you guys find a way to safe guard the documents on behalf of your clients or send it directly to the client via dhl?

What if these same relatives now decide to sell of the property with the documents they have in hand?

Personally I would never be able to trust such people ever again angry[/quote

Of course we can send his documentation straight to the clients base anywhere in the world.
But it's only at the clients request .

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 07, 2017
E be like say u never hustle cent for your life, see ya mouth like build your own n him too.

Money dey grow on trees.
Adaumunocha:

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by AreaFada2: 11:05am On Nov 07, 2017
Okuda:
Lol. If I am not dealing with my mother or grandmother forget it, the thing is, even before sending money to your relatives, you should already know the kind of people that they are. there is no way you cant know prior to sending them that money

Only these days you can say that. In the days before social media and GSM, it was extremely possible not to know how much people had changed in the last 5 to ten years since you left home. The days the whole of Nigeria had 500,000 landlines. Of which some individuals alone had 3 or more lines in their homes & offices.

Do not under-estimate how large sums of money change people quickly.

Some fathers who had been monogamous (but secretly fantasised about having several fine ladies) suddenly start carrying women up and down once abroad money starts coming. Even carrying the women with the car the son or daughter sent him from abroad. grin cheesy grin

Some mothers start joining associations and being made "chairwoman" during events. And buying expensive lace material to wear.

Many people I know experienced the above and worse even. Na today?

Even now people can still find it hard to believe how some loved ones changed suddenly, to embezzle their hard earned money.

Until you have tested a person with a good amount of money, do not believe you actually know them.

The love of money is the root of all evil says the Bible.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Marcofranz(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2017
Most times these abroad based people can be very self centered. They expect you to put your all into their investments like they own you, forgetting you too are not jobless. Like who does that after putting myself in a very tight corner just because I want to help and at the end there is nothing to show for it so the next time you have the opportunity deal with them like there is no tomorrow. Just because they gave you change to help them acquire one useless property they start acting like they own you.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by money121(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2017
Oga oo

Testimonies from my Clients base in Oversea!!!

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359 Let Roofed your Building in here Nigeria

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2017
Marcofranz:
Most times these abroad based people can be very self centered. They expect you to put your all into their investments like they own you, forgetting you too are not jobless. Like who does that after putting myself in a very tight corner just because I want to help and at the end there is nothing to show for it so the next time you have the opportunity deal with them like there is no tomorrow. Just because they gave you change to help them acquire one useless property they start acting like they own you.

It is well.
But that's where you will open up and tell what u really feel.
Dialogue works everytime

Thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2017
AreaFada2:

Only these days you can say that. In the days before social media and GSM, it was extremely possible not to know how much people had changed in the last 5 to ten years since you left home. The days the whole of Nigeria had 500,000 landlines. Of which some individuals alone had 3 or more lines in their homes & offices.

Do not under-estimate how large sums of money change people quickly.

Some fathers who had been monogamous (but secretly fantasised about having several fine ladies) suddenly start carrying women up and down once abroad money starts coming. Even carrying the women with the car the son or daughter sent him from abroad. grin cheesy grin

Some mothers start joining associations and being made "chairwoman" during events. And buying expensive lace material to wear.

Many people I know experienced the above and worse even. Na today?

Even now people can still find it hard to believe how some loved ones changed suddenly, to embezzle their hard earned money.

Until you have tested a person with a good amount of money, do not believe you actually know them.

The love of money is the root of all evil says the Bible.

You are 100% correct sir

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by heo88(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2017
BecomeALandLord:
Hello everyone, I want to share something with us today.

This is an occurrence I've noticed severally in my career path as a real estate consultant and it's like a bug that won't go away.
It has eaten too deep into the hearts of people, it's really so pathetic.

Now straight to the point.
I've noticed severally and on many occasions the fradulent attitude of Nigerians towards their relatives based overseers.
This needs to stop!

We all know that this money isn't easy to get.
Pity the way your relative abroad has to hustle under harsh conditions to make money and send it back home for projects such as to buy a land or a house in their names so that when they return, they can have a place to call their own and have peace of mind.

Then they transfer the money to their relatives here in Nigeria for this projects and instead of their relatives to help them make this investments here, on most occasions they use the money for their personal gain.

It's really not fair!

This attitude must stop.

I have a client based oversees, he was really interested in buying a landed property from my firm.
His brother is based in Lagos so he sent his brother for inspection and I took his brother to the site.
After seeing the site, they sent him pictures of the place.
He loved the place and sent them money to help close the deal.
You won't believe that instead of paying outrightly for the property his relatives only paid 5% worth of the property to our company account and shared the remaining 95% among themselves.

My client was more than disappointed. I put myself in his shoes and it wasn't funny.

He had to transfer the remaining 95% balance directly to my company account from his base oversees.
Then he told his folks to come to my office to pick up his documents and send it to him through DHL.

Now, whenever he wants to acquire a property, he doesn't pay money through his relatives anymore.
He pays directly to company account and then ask his folks to come and pick up the documents.

This kind of relatives is exactly what hinders most Nigerians based overseas from investing at home.
Not all relatives behaves like this though, but the ones that act like this should stop it with immediate effect.

Let's be our brothers keepers .....what goes around surely comes around.

Great write up. I think there are more relatives guilty of this in Nigeria than not. In many cases the driving force is western material goods and/or laziness to hustle. Laziness and rent-seeking mentality is endemic.

Whilst I don't believe in karma, these family members are playing themselves in the long-run. The strong irony is that many will ask "oh naija which way o, which way", not realising that they're a part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by iheyinwa(f): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2017
hahn:

Why don't you guys find a way to safe guard the documents on behalf of your clients or send it directly to the client via dhl?

What if these same relatives now decide to sell of the property with the documents they have in hand?

Personally I would never be able to trust such people ever again angry

I was wondering too, why can't they DHL it themselves instead of giving to the relatives one day they will just
collect the docs and resale.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Kobicove(m): 11:26am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:
When opportunities come knocking, they take their chances......

Even if it means being dishonest? undecided
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by piagetskinner(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2017
greed and wickedness....

the enemies of a man are members of his own household
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Lexusgs430: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2017
Kobicove:

Even if it means being dishonest? undecided

I was simply quoting their attitude mentality..... Pastor told them they would soon hit wealth.

Then brother or sister offers an opportunity to build a house, they misconstrue pastor's manifestations and pin point it to this fortune at owners misfortune......

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by younglawya(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2017
Lol. Happened to a client of mine. He sent me to confirm the land that he sent money to his own father to buy and survey The father scammed his own son. Quick advise for anyone. Use a lawyer. A lawyer can hardly ever run with your money. A father or brother will wack it and your family members will be begging you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MASSIVE DISCOUNT! APO ROCK VILLA ABUJA, NOW SELLING N60M. DON'T MISS IT! / Police Teargas Protesters At Collapsed Building Site In Abuja / Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.