Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas (20627 Views)

25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them / My Experience With A Fraudulent Property Agent / For Your Property: How To Stop Your Gen Automatically By An ATS After Some Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Royalfurnitures: 11:41am On Nov 07, 2017
I have seen that happen in many places,but it is evil,wicked,

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Thatdrebaba: 11:44am On Nov 07, 2017
Is this an advert
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Adaumunocha(f): 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
@lexusgs430 Odingo1 yeyerolling Truepass
You guys just misconstrued what I posted. I know a man that built his own house while building for his brother who lives in the U.S... That's pure wisdom. Abi d guy come abj come count bridge? He grabbed d opportunity. Afterall, he wouldn't own his own house if he had decided to be the honest sibling and not do anything for himself... At d end of the day, they are both happy.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by oneolajire(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
You guys should device a prog in which Nigerians in diaspora can always buy from you directly. Let them know before the leave naija, go out there and advertise to them too.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
iheyinwa:

I was wondering too, why can't they DHL it themselves instead of giving to the relatives one day they will just
collect the docs and resale.

For sure we can send the document to him directly to his base oversees.
But he requested his brother come to our office to pick it up and send to him.

Maybe to prove a point to him or something.

Well, that's basically up to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:
You guys just misconstrued what I posted. I know a man that built his own house while building for his brother who lives in the U.S... That's pure wisdom. Abi d guy come abj come count bridge? He grabbed d opportunity. Afterall, he wouldn't own his own house if he had decided to be the honest sibling and not do anything for himself... At d end of the day, they are both happy.
if u have lived or hustled abroad u wont say such. d only person dat can do dat na those into shady deals. legit hustlers cant do dat, my mum was a nurse for UK, when she dey build her house no be small tin, talkless of building 2 hahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by DeRay98(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
hahn:

Why don't you guys find a way to safe guard the documents on behalf of your clients or send it directly to the client via dhl?

What if these same relatives now decide to sell of the property with the documents they have in hand?

Personally I would never be able to trust such people ever again angry

The bolded is my exact thoughts, nothing stops those "souls" from frustrating your clients efforts and rendering him homeless. Besides, they can use the threats of selling the properties to extort money from him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by DeRay98(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:

May God arrange somebody to do to you what you called "wisdom" then you 'll know how far. angry

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by babslepe: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
Don't rush stop show off keep your money in your account when you get home you have e slot of time to build your house yourself. Why hurry to build a house you are not going to be living in till 4/5 years time. Why do Nigerians treat money like it is going to disappear the next minute. Things have changed keep your money in your account .most people that fall victim to these are those people that want to show off.

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by DniggaJoe(m): 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
Marcofranz:
Most times these abroad based people can be very self centered. They expect you to put your all into their investments like they own you, forgetting you too are not jobless. Like who does that after putting myself in a very tight corner just because I want to help and at the end there is nothing to show for it so the next time you have the opportunity deal with them like there is no tomorrow. Just because they gave you change to help them acquire one useless property they start acting like they own you.
is that an excuse for mismanagement, then Y agree to help at first.... SMH
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by InvertedHammer: 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
BecomeALandLord:
Hello everyone, I want to share something with us today.

This is an occurrence I've noticed severally in my career path as a real estate consultant and it's like a bug that won't go away.
It has eaten too deep into the hearts of people, it's really so pathetic.

Now straight to the point.
I've noticed severally and on many occasions the fradulent attitude of Nigerians towards their relatives based overseers.
This needs to stop!

We all know that this money isn't easy to get.
Pity the way your relative abroad has to hustle under harsh conditions to make money and send it back home for projects such as to buy a land or a house in their names so that when they return, they can have a place to call their own and have peace of mind.

Then they transfer the money to their relatives here in Nigeria for this projects and instead of their relatives to help them make this investments here, on most occasions they use the money for their personal gain.

It's really not fair!

This attitude must stop.

I have a client based oversees, he was really interested in buying a landed property from my firm.
His brother is based in Lagos so he sent his brother for inspection and I took his brother to the site.
After seeing the site, they sent him pictures of the place.
He loved the place and sent them money to help close the deal.
You won't believe that instead of paying outrightly for the property his relatives only paid 5% worth of the property to our company account and shared the remaining 95% among themselves.

My client was more than disappointed. I put myself in his shoes and it wasn't funny.

He had to transfer the remaining 95% balance directly to my company account from his base oversees.
Then he told his folks to come to my office to pick up his documents and send it to him through DHL.

Now, whenever he wants to acquire a property, he doesn't pay money through his relatives anymore.
He pays directly to company account and then ask his folks to come and pick up the documents.

This kind of relatives is exactly what hinders most Nigerians based overseas from investing at home.
Not all relatives behaves like this though, but the ones that act like this should stop it with immediate effect.

Let's be our brothers keepers .....what goes around surely comes around.

Not a problem.

That's why they invented Glock 19.

\
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
Marcofranz:
Most times these abroad based people can be very self centered. They expect you to put your all into their investments like they own you, forgetting you too are not jobless. Like who does that after putting myself in a very tight corner just because I want to help and at the end there is nothing to show for it so the next time you have the opportunity deal with them like there is no tomorrow. Just because they gave you change to help them acquire one useless property they start acting like they own you.
U are a real bitch
define self center?
If you are doing a job for me that cost N100,00.00 you get N100,00.00. too
U are one of the bad brothers in Nigeria
stainless pipe that cost N5k u will tell you brother N8k

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
heo88:

Great write up. I think there are more relatives guilty of this in Nigeria than not. In many cases the driving force is western material goods and/or laziness to hustle. Laziness and rent-seeking mentality is endemic.

Whilst I don't believe in karma, these family members are playing themselves in the long-run. The strong irony is that many will ask "oh naija which way o, which way", not realising that they're a part of the problem.
U are so right
People that Bleep with me
I will surely pay back
I was almost going to stop paying University for a brother daughter that help
little kids to be stealing from me but because of God I will finish paying the school fee
I will not give him any more help for life done

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Erums(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The best is to build for them and build yours.
Kill two birds with one stone.

So much like ur curves
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by heo88(m): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
GoodFaith:

U are so right
People that Bleep with me
I will surely pay back
I was almost going to stop paying University for a brother daughter that help
little kids to be stealing from me but because of God I will finish paying the school fee
I will not give him any more help for life done

Correct! that will teach him a lesson! People must be held accountable for their actions, come hell or highwater!

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The best is to build for them and build yours.
Kill two birds with one stone.
Now if a house cost 35 million, So I will need 70 million to complete a house that cost 35 million
May you spend 100 million for a house that cost 40 million
U think we are all foolish

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Okoyiboz3: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:

You must be an Igbo person.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Most people are not saying you shouldn't make little profit for your time
The issue is most of this people are making 100%
If i say going buy me 100,000.00 iron, get 10k
If a parapet is going to cost me 650k, you can make your 50K
Greed Nigerians family want 100%
Eg one other of my brother set 1880 blocks told me it was 22 bags of cements, OK but i know it should be about 19 bags of cements
Few month later we set other 1850 blocks dude was now telling me he use 28 bags of cements
I told him let me look at my book, I said we used 22 bags before why 28 bags now.
It rained----Really dude

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Ubiquity: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
hahn:

Why don't you guys find a way to safe guard the documents on behalf of your clients or send it directly to the client via dhl?

What if these same relatives now decide to sell of the property with the documents they have in hand?

Personally I would never be able to trust such people ever again angry
That goes a long way to tell you why the story may not be true, losing the money to the relatives and losing documents to same, it's almost the same kinda loss. In fact it's even worse losing the documents. If he trusts you enough to send the money straight, he also trusts you to scan, DHL, usps, whatever etc the thingummy documents to him...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by monex(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
INTEGRITYA1:
Better and reliable remedy to all these issues is to transact directly with reputable real estate companies.

You may still assign either friend or relative to do the inspection on your behalf, but once that is ascertain, pay directly into the company account.

How do you do that?

We're reliable real estate consultants, we deliver effective and efficient services to all our clients home and abroad.

For enquiries and inspection: 08062342001

so they should trust you instead of their family.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by monex(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
younglawya:
Quick advise for anyone. Use a lawyer. A lawyer can hardly ever run with your money. A father or brother will wack it and your family members will be begging you.

lol. lawyer can wack it too. unless you have someone trusted with integrity or you come around yourself, you can be duped.

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
monex:

so they should trust you instead of their family.

I'm a reliable individual, I will usher as many that intend to invest in Real Estate directly to real and reliable real estate companies in Nigeria. No magomago.

In case you're having potential clients, a trial will definitely convince you.
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Marcofranz(m): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
GoodFaith:

U are a real bitch
define self center?
If you are doing a job for me that cost N100,00.00 you get N100,00.00. too
U are one of the bad brothers in Nigeria
stainless pipe that cost N5k u will tell you brother N8k

You should come down and do it yourself idiot.

I'm too fucking busy to let one retard use me for a ride just because they are based abroad.
LIke they are more successful, nonsense .

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
well my dear, dont blame them oo. .thats what most relatives here in nigeria do to their overseas siblings. . .itskilling the trust. .dats why most of them abroad feel free and comfortable to deal with outsides in anything money than their siblings. . .
www.valentine202.com
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
Marcofranz:

You should come down and do it yourself idiot.

I'm too fucking busy to let one retard use me for a ride just because they are based abroad.
LIke they are more successful, nonsense .

Pussy tell the person your cost
Dumb bitch
Tomorrow your brother is evil doesn't help
with the fucker up mentality ur dumb ass have
U are really a dick head kid
u are going to have Bleep issue in life
By helping your brother whom might have loss thousand of dollars trying to get u out of Nigeria
Helping u when u need help
Hope your brother figure out u are a theft and stop help ur little bitch ass

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Marcofranz(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
GoodFaith:

Pussy tell the person your cost
Dumb bitch
Tomorrow your brother is evil diesn't help
with the fucker up mentality ur dumb ass have
U are really a dick head

Bitch get off my mention abi Ogun dey kill you?. Are you mad ? Am I in anyway related to you? I'm entitled to my opinion and what I ve seen and observed they are greedy . For the records I don't need their change I'm okay .

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Marcofranz:

Bitch get off my mention abi Ogun dey kill you?. Are you mad ? Am I in anyway related to you? I'm entitled to my opinion and what I ve seen and observed they are greedy . For the records I don't need their change I'm okay .
Ogun kill you for the record
I am not mad pussy but you are very disrespectful
Ur dumb ass sound like a person that need lot of change
U should talk about your family
May be you dumb ass is lazy too
Looking for free ride
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by GoodFaith: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
Marcofranz:

I repeat
abi Ogun dey kill you for the record
U go crazy
U are already a mad person
with ur Bleep up mentality
By helping your brother whom might have loss thousand of dollars trying to get u out of Nigeria
Helping u when u need help
Hope your brother figure out u are a theft and stop help ur little bitch ass
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by U2077(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
Truth is once you are not there you are not there
Just a plot at enugu here the drama between me and my sister's husband
Something that should have been long fenced and papers authenticated, baa
Am in Lagos mind you and I have been at the site, twice
So it's just God's grace

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by mechanics(m): 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
What measures can we do to stop all those relatives doing that illegal ventures?

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ubiquity:

That goes a long way to tell you why the story may not be true, losing the money to the relatives and losing documents to same, it's almost the same kinda loss. In fact it's even worse losing the documents. If he trusts you enough to send the money straight, he also trusts you to scan, DHL, usps, whatever etc the thingummy documents to him...

Hello sir
We suggest same to him.

But customers always are right.
For reasons best known to him, he still sent his brother to come pick up his papers to send for him through a courier company.

Maybe he did that to prove a point to his brother.
That's basically up to him.

But he has since confirmed receiving his documentation for the property.

Thank u sir for your comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MASSIVE DISCOUNT! APO ROCK VILLA ABUJA, NOW SELLING N60M. DON'T MISS IT! / Police Teargas Protesters At Collapsed Building Site In Abuja / Gerrard Building Collapse: Picture Of Ikoyi Building Days Before It Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.