Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307568 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
Grumpychick:
Finally met someone that makes me glow but circumstances won't let it be great.
Hello you know yourself. I will miss you but its temporary.

I'm so flattered, I'm blushing. grin grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rubyventures:

abeg abeg no pour sand sand for my garri tongue

I no like dat kind play esp for Winter...abi how u see am oga Lexus?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MrJanuzaj: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
Please guys i need a cheap accommodation in Luton please. Needs help please, if anyone has a link how to get an accommodation in luton, Please I need it, help please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 4:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
DisGuy:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
MrJanuzaj:
Please guys i need a cheap accommodation in Luton please. Needs help please, if anyone has a link how to get an accommodation in luton, Please I need it, help please

www.spareroom.co.uk

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Chai, see how they are rushing you...

Grumpychick:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

£6000 per year, per child...... is also on the low side.

Even regular nursery for under 4 years charge more than 6k per child per year , not to talk of public private school

I meant £6000 per term............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rubyventures:

They cost a lot more, the average price is £80,000 if you are lucky.

Sorry, I meant per term........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
Grumpychick:

You must spill this beans ó........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
DisGuy:

Oya make una share this torry o....... Or else Ekiti thunder on standby......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Grumpychick: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rubyventures:

Dont blame me. When you meet the one, you dont mind screaming it at the top of a building.
Thanks to Nairaland.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
Grumpychick:

Dont blame me. When you meet the one, you dont mind screaming it at the top of a building.
Thanks to Nairaland.

Are you saying Nairaland is a reformed version of POF?...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 5:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

£20k per term is very cheap.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rubyventures:

Yes, but it's available......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Yes, but it's available......

A lot are within that range or actually lessfor primary school.

Less than 20k but by the time you you add school bus and after school club and other it can push it to early 20s
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

A lot are within that range or actually lessfor primary school.

Less than 20k but by the time you you add school bus and after school club and other it can push it to early 20s

Possibly, but I was only centering on fees only .......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rubyventures:

Very few schools charge up to £20k .... 20k is a lot ooo.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Very few schools charge up to £20k .... 20k is a lot ooo.

It's usually about 5K per term *3...... They are usually nice to offer installmental payment plans......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

It's usually about 5K per term *3...... They are usually nice to offer installmental payment plans......... cheesy

Yeap or slightly less. I can see it going out in my bank account cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
All this money on school fees shocked shocked Toor, make my son grow up small small oo. Though I still don't understand a lot of details on public, private and grammar. Would have thought public school is free. Till then sha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Grumpychick:

Thanks to Nairaland.

Come give us gist now, don't hoard it. Congratulations
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Yeap or slightly less. I can see it going out in my bank account cry

Very pleased I am not your bank account.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
fatima04:
All this money on school fees shocked shocked Toor, make my son grow up small small oo. Though I still don't understand a lot of details on public, private and grammar. Would have thought public school is free. Till then sha

A combo, gives the best results....... You must calculate it...........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:08pm On Jan 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

20grand per term? *faints*

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
Aphrodite007:

20grand per term? *faints*

Wake up and push for the grammar stream.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rubyventures:

This price you are quoting is for secondary schools, Primary is less.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
marylandcakes:

This price you are quoting is for secondary schools, Primary is less.

I just told hubby that maybe we should plan for private primary school, he is asking me what rubbish is that, that why spend money when the child will just go and learn to paint grin

But that private secondary school cost dey fear me o. There’s also the probability that (yes they are safe from mixing with the less ambitious kids but) they can mix with the spoilt brats that may do drugs and are just useless to their parents.

This school fees money and baby sitting money is making me consider staying on contraceptives forever grin

We will have grammar school at the back of our minds, shikena. God dey!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
Aphrodite007:

I just told hubby that maybe we should plan for private primary school, he is asking me what rubbish is that, that why spend money when the child will just go and learn to paint grin

But that private secondary school cost dey fear me o. There’s also the probability that (yes they are safe from mixing with the less ambitious kids but) they can mix with the spoilt brats that may do drugs and are just useless to their parents.

This school fees money and baby sitting money is making me consider staying on contraceptives forever grin

Grammar is good as well.... although prepare to spend on good lesson that will prepare the child for 11+.. those lessons are not cheap and start those lessons early . Even state schools are ok. Just make sure the area is a bit ok and the rating is at least good ..... location matters a lot. ..... There are many good state and faith schools . Private is good as well, the curriculum is more extensive but don't kill yourself. Only go private if you can afford it . Everybody race / path in life is different .

Someone once told me a joke. The drug sellers are state school kids and the drug users are public(private) school kids .... . Either way there no escaping it .lol. but God forbids.

Many children turn out alright and great from both sides so I block such thoughts from my head . we as parents can only try our best and hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
Aphrodite007:

I know loads of Nigerian kids doing very well in the ordinary schools, if you are lucky to have a good school near you. Why waste money on private schooling. It all depends on the student and home upbringing. Parents should spend a little bit of time with their kids and not work all the hours God sent. The school can’t train your kids for you. Gary Lineker sent his son to one of the best private schools close to £200k a year and he didn’t get one grade. He tried to blame the teachers and the school.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you saying Nairaland is a reformed version of POF?...

hmmmn ekun oko queen...so you know POF cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

hmmmn ekun oko queen...so you know POF cool

The bigger question is........ How you take know POF too..... My POF is an acronym for Proper Offers Forwarded.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
Need some help here guys. My Nigerian phone crashed, weather was too cold for the phone.
Problem is it crashed with my Nigerian banking apps, bigger problem is, I damaged my MTN sim in the process of trying to fit it into another phone, biggest problem is I have money in Nigerian banks which I can't access because I can only activate the apps via SMS to the registered SIM which is now damaged.
I can't also do it online cos I never activated online banking when I was in Nigeria.
Any suggestions on how I can get my SIM and access to my accounts from here? I use first bank, access and diamond banks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.