Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304369 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:44pm On May 27, 2019
DisGuy:
that Peterborough situation is just an oppotunity to cash in on Madam Speedy Pastor, their hold wont last for long, won't even last 2 elections-
Apart from brexit they are not offering much- NHS, immigration, Social care etc etc

All in all its a good thing, the main parties should get their acts together, finish this brexit thing make we see road. China and US are doing tit for tat with global economy and UK party in power is squibbling amongst themselves- Labour is also lost with Ché Corbyn

3 good years in limbo..no wonder everyone is jumping ship to the Brexit party

Why campaign on spaghetti, when the hottest potato is Brexit............ grin

Politics is like a war game, you must strategies........ Hit your enemy, while they are crawling.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:51pm On May 27, 2019
nihilistjnr:
sajid javid announces his intention to run for PM.

Black blood in Windsor, and an Indian at number 10?

i detest the royals and the tories, but I'm definitely here for this abeg.

Make we siddon dey enjoy the drama, safe in the knowledge that they would not send hired assassins to themselves..........

The only weapon allowable, is milkshake........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:51pm On May 27, 2019
nihilistjnr:
sajid javid announces his intention to run for PM.

Black blood in Windsor, and an Indian at number 10?

i detest the royals and the tories, but I'm definitely here for this abeg.

Make we siddon dey enjoy the drama, safe in the knowledge that they would not send hired assassins to themselves..........

The only weapon allowable, is milkshake........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 1:37pm On May 28, 2019
London teens sent to Africa to escape knife crime

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48353960
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:43pm On May 28, 2019
Kolping:
London teens sent to Africa to escape knife crime

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48353960

I dont blame the parents that do this , the stabbing is too much

I have met 3 Nigerian Adults (2 males and 1 female) who were born and breed in UK and in their early teens started misbehaving , so their parents secretly kidnapped them to Nigeria. All 3 told me , it wasnt funny when it first happened but something in Nigeria made their head switch and became more appreciative when they came back , and definitely more focused in life . All three said it was the best decision ever

That been said that was the Nigeria of the 2000s ......Nigeria nowadays i am not sure ooo. You send the child back and the child might come worse off. You hear scary story of secondary school children in Cult . There was no such thing when we were in secondary school. Saw a scary video on Dele Momdu instagram last week of a fight between SS2 and SS2 in a school in Port Harcourt , and weapons were brought to school
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 3:30pm On May 28, 2019
I agree. It's getting tougher by the day, especially when the fathers of these teenage boys are no longer in the homes. Some have been sent out of the home by the mother. Other fathers have been affected by a lack of stable jobs and took off.

The lack of a father in the home lead to boys joining gangs. Also living in various neighborhoods also bring these boys in close contact with bad company.

Only a man can bring up a boy to be a man.
No wife or mother is a substitute for a father.

LagosismyHome:

I dont blame the parents that do this , the stabbing is too much

I have met 3 Nigerian Adults (2 males and 1 female) who were born and breed in UK and in their early teens started misbehaving , so their parents secretly kidnapped them to Nigeria. All 3 told me , it wasnt funny when it first happened but something in Nigeria made their head switch and became more appreciative when they came back , and definitely more focused in life . All three said it was the best decision ever

That been said that was the Nigeria of the 2000s ......Nigeria nowadays i am not sure ooo. You send the child back and the child might come worse off. You hear scary story of secondary school children in Cult . There was no such thing when we were in secondary school. Saw a scary video on Dele Momdu instagram last week of a fight between SS2 and SS2 in a school in PH , and weapons were brought to school

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 3:16am On May 30, 2019
Kolping:
I agree. It's getting tougher by the day, especially when the fathers of these teenage boys are no longer in the homes. Some have been sent out of the home by the mother. Other fathers have been affected by a lack of stable jobs and took off.

The lack of a father in the home lead to boys joining gangs. Also living in various neighborhoods also bring these boys in close contact with bad company.

Only a man can bring up a boy to be a man.
No wife or mother is a substitute for a father.

I agree at the bolded but the latter statement is not fair and can make men raised otherwise feel inadequate (words on social platform reaches a lot of people)

Remember that, some are single parents not by choice but by situation e.g widows. All in all raising a child is a multi-factorial equation where both parents presence doesn't guarantee a well-behaved child.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:31am On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

I agree at the bolded but the latter statement is not fair and can make men raised otherwise feel inadequate (words on social platform reaches a lot of people)

Remember that, some are single parents not by choice but by situation e.g widows. All in all raising a child is a multi-factorial equation where both parents presence doesn't guarantee a well-behaved child.

Without a father, a boy is mostly a liability to the society. Research has it that majority of gang members, cultists and vicious killers grew up without a father figure in their lives. It takes Providence, mercy and God's grace for a boy to turn out perfectly when raised singly by a mother. Some single mothers are smart enough to quickly look for a father figure for their children , to try to make up for the deficiency.

Few exceptions abound on both sides though.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:20am On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

Single parents not by choice still doesn't make it ideal ...... even when the single parent is the father there still the motherly touch that might be lacking.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:07am On May 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Single parents not by choice still doesn't make it ideal ...... even when the single parent is the father there still the motherly touch that might be lacking.

Never said it was ideal. Both parents are very much required throughout the development phase of a child.

Just saying making such conclusive statements on an open forum can affect a male reader who lost their father for one reason or another, because it sounds like you already determined their fate and future.

Our choice of words goes along way in affecting people.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:21am On May 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Without a father, a boy is mostly a liability to the society. Research has it that majority of gang members, cultists and vicious killers grew up without a father figure in their lives. It takes Providence, mercy and God's grace for a boy to turn out perfectly when raised singly by a mother. Some single mothers are smart enough to quickly look for a father figure for their children , to try to make up for the deficiency.

Few exceptions abound on both sides though.

You say a liability with such confidence, Obama's parent divorced when he was under 5 and his father was not present for much of his upbringing. I know you may say its exceptional but I bet research will show otherwise because that's just the public figures we know.

There have also been lots of cases the so called "father figures" in form of step fathers who ends up abusing the kids and eventually they end up becoming bad members of the society.

Should we also look at our country where a man marries lots of wives with plenty kids, though he is in their lives but they still turn other way around because being married does not in any way indicate being PRESENT in your kids life.

I am NOT in anyway saying the father is not important, am just saying dont condemn someone fate or future just because.. we as a society should do better in all.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

You say a liability with such confidence, Obama's parent divorced when he was under 5 and his father was not present for much of his upbringing. I know you may say its exceptional but I bet research will show otherwise because that's just the public figures we know.

There have also been lots of cases the so called "father figures" in form of step fathers who ends up abusing the kids and eventually they end up becoming bad members of the society.

Should we also look at our country where a man marries lots of wives with plenty kids, though he is in their lives but they still turn other way around because being married does not in any way indicate being PRESENT in your kids life.

I am NOT in anyway saying the father is not important, am just saying dont condemn someone fate or future just because.. we as a society should do better in all.

Obama had a father figure, because her mother remarried, and he never stayed with the mum, as a single parent.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:27am On May 30, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:34am On May 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Obama had a father figure, because her mother remarried, and he never stayed with the mum, as a single parent.

They got divorced when he was still young (like 15 or 16) and doubt she ever remarried

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:36am On May 30, 2019
Corrected they got divorced when he was 9
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:42am On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

Never said it was ideal. Both parents are very much required throughout the development phase of a child.

Just saying making such conclusive statements on an open forum can affect a male reader who lost their father for one reason or another, because it sounds like you already determined their fate and future.

Our choice of words goes along way in affecting people.

So is it better to lie ....... because someone is careful about words so things shouldnt be said how it is .

You can define your fate and future and beat the odds that doesnt mean things shouldnt be stated how it appears . People who make 3rd class is harder to get a job doesn't mean some havent broken that and gone on to become successful. Will you now encourage a child to get 3rd class or when the child gets it you wont address it or call it for what it is

Another example, In nigeria many things are going wrong but instead denial is the solution. They keep saying all is well , its the giant of africa , etc. How has that stopped it from getting worse yearly. The earlier people express the many things wrong with that country and start putting corrective measures the better. Denial is never a solution
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

They got divorced when he was still young (like 15 or 16) and doubt she ever remarried

Barack Obama spent most of his childhood years in Honolulu, where his mother attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Obama started a close relationship with his maternal grandparents. In 1965, his mother remarried to Lolo Soetoro from Indonesia. Two years later, Dunham took Obama with her to Indonesia to reunite him with his stepfather. In 1971, Obama returned to Honolulu to attend Punahou School, from which he graduated in 1979.

Source: Wikipedia

Obama always had parents in his lifes.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:53am On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

You cannot always use someone as example because you never truly know their journey...... My mum sister was a single parent but all her brothers and even my dad were very much part of those two boys upbringing.

From afar and on paper, you will say my aunty brought those boys up alone but in reality she had a lot of help and support . Those boys are pretty much like my siblings. Every long holiday they be in our house and we all do everything together including lessons for next semesters
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:36pm On May 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Was this research conducted using an Umidigi smartphone.............. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Was this research conducted using an Umidigi smartphone.............. cheesy

Exactly. Wikipedia via my outgoing A3 grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:12pm On May 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Exactly. Wikipedia via my outgoing A3 grin

Haba...... Which is incoming........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Haba...... Which is incoming........ wink

Umidigi One
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Nothing safer than bricks and mortars............

No truer words has ever been said. Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you mate. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:57pm On May 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Nothing safer than bricks and mortars............

what do you think about Buy to let and current changes in the way tax is done.... i am wondering if it worth going into it , many investors seem to be leaving but i guess it depends on what you want . Some its for additional income, but me if my tenant can help me pay off the mortage then that enough .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:23pm On May 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

what do you think about Buy to let and current changes in the way tax is done.... i am wondering if it worth going into it , many investors seem to be leaving but i guess it depends on what you want . Some its for additional income, but me if my tenant can help me pay off the mortage then that enough .

On the long run, i personally think property ownership is still a much safer investment......

But it swings both ways......

Have good tenants, your BP would be within acceptable ranges (140/85)

Have nasty tenants, expect readings of (321/235)......... grin

Legislation or Taxation, it protects both spectrums. New changes to section 21, would offer tenants better protection, but landlords would still be better off on the long run........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:25pm On May 30, 2019
Inkredible:

No truer words has ever been said. Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you mate. cheesy

What the Apostle sees climbing mountains, a view from an helicopter might not equate Apostle's point...... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:25pm On May 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Umidigi One

Another lovely device from an unknown brand........ cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:27pm On May 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Another lovely device from an unknown brand........ cool

Ever used that brand?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:53pm On May 30, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Ever used that brand?

This question you are asking, i need to refer to OGA @the Top...... I could say one thing and Oga says another........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:56pm On May 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have nasty tenants, expect readings of (321/235)......... grin

smiley cheesy grin .......... You must be a doctor to know about readings
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:04pm On May 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You cannot always use someone as example because you never truly know their journey...... My mum sister was a single parent but all her brothers and even my dad were very much part of those two boys upbringing.

From afar and on paper, you will say my aunty brought those boys up alone but in reality she had a lot of help and support . Those boys are pretty much like my siblings. Every long holiday they be in our house and we all do everything together including lessons for next semesters

Now you have changed the narrative and made my point. You conclusively said a "boy is a liability without a father" without such clause/situations.

I believe we probably want/mean the same thing, having a family with 2 parents involved, shikena.

My statement has just been that so many factors contribute to having a well behaved off-spring.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:30pm On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

Now you have changed the narrative and made my point. You conclusively said a "boy is a liability without a father" without such clause/situations.

I believe we probably want/mean the same thing, having a family with 2 parents involved, shikena.

My statement has just been that so many factors contribute to having a well behaved off-spring.

Ahhh fear God ooo grin. Abeg when did i say this; You conclusively said a "boy is a liability without a father" without such clause/situations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.