Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307919 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2019
Hello, I'm willing to deal if the offer is still available.

LagosismyHome:

£440 and you have a deal for £1,000
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2019
I need about.... I've got the equivalent in Naira. Anyone with a good rate should holla. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2019
addbol:
Hello, I'm willing to deal if the offer is still available.

Done the exchange ....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2019
addbol:
I need about £3k, I've got the equivalent in Naira. Anyone with a good rate should holla. Thanks.

£1 - 445.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jayvallia: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Done the exchange ....

Pls how did you do it. I need same
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
I just changed for 452 today grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hello chief, I've sent you a PM

Lexusgs430:

£1 - 445.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
addbol:

Not received yet. You could send a WhatsApp message too....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
mumnadine:
hello everyone pls kindly help a sister btw masters in social works and Public Health with one is more in demand in uk

Both cool courses. Like someone said, social work is better but won’t make you Rich. Another thing with social work is that brits do it a lot without even having degree, so it will be hard for them to pick you over them.

As for pub health, it’s a great course but hard to break into. To be honest, the only people that should do pub health are people that are already working in such places, then you get a promotion. It’s not graduates that have never worked Cos not many NGOs want to employ a pub health graduate with no experience.

Since you’re in this field why don’t you consider doing care and pay for a nursing degree?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mumnadine: 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Both cool courses. Like someone said, social work is better but won’t make you Rich. Another thing with social work is that brits do it a lot without even having degree, so it will be hard for them to pick you over them.

As for pub health, it’s a great course but hard to break into. To be honest, the only people that should do pub health are people that are already working in such places, then you get a promotion. It’s not graduates that have never worked Cos not many NGOs want to employ a pub health graduate with no experience.

Since you’re in this field why don’t you consider doing care and pay for a nursing degree?
thank u so much,am actually not in dat field,I am just thinking of switching. I am a banker and I have MBA already.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by winzy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good day, people.
I want to study either Human Resource Management or Financial Management at Masters level, which is better in the case of getting job after schooling and stuffs? Please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 1:51am On Sep 19, 2019
Please , a relation of mine studied Management Education in the university and graduated with 3.2. She is planning on relocating to the UK with her husband who is in the medical Field by next year. Can she get a good job in the UK with such degree? Does she need to acquire any more studies to get a job like teaching when she gets there?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2019
famzynet:
Please , a relation of mine studied Management Education in the university and graduated with 3.2. She is planning on relocating to the UK with her husband who is in the medical Field by next year. Can she get a good job in the UK with such degree? Does she need to acquire any more studies to get a job like teaching when she gets there?

Which one is 3.2? Third class lower?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AdaUK: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2019
She will first do HCA training then apply for a job.
After few months of experience she can apply for Nursing school and then follow it up
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jaeybee98(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
Rubyventures:

Its second class lower (2:2). Its obvious you've been out of our kantry for a very long time grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by StrikeBack(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
Rubyventures:

and 2.5

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
jaeybee98:
Its second class lower (2:2). Its obvious you've been out of our kantry for a very long time grin

Please explain so university grading has changed in Nigeria? Now I'm curious
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
mumnadine:
thank u so much,am actually not in dat field,I am just thinking of switching. I am a banker and I have MBA already.

Wait, you’re a banker, with an MBA and you want to leave? In igbo, we say: I na-apu ala?

Why would you want to leave the financial sector for what sef? shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by winzy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
winzy:
Good day, people.
I want to study either Human Resource Management or Financial Management at Masters level, which is better in the case of getting job after schooling and stuffs? Please

Please ooo... I need to make a decision asap
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mumnadine: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Wait, you’re a banker, with an MBA and you want to leave? In igbo, we say: I na-apu ala?

Why would you want to leave the financial sector for what sef? shocked
��abi
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
Rubyventures:

Please explain so university grading has changed in Nigeria? Now I'm curious

3.2 is second class lower. Nigeria uses 5point grading.
4.5 to 5 is first class
3.5 to 4.4 is second class upper
2.5 to 3.4 is second class lower
1.5 to 2.4 is 3rd class
Below 1.5 is pass.

Not to sure about the last two.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
famzynet:

3.2 is second class lower. Nigeria uses 5point grading.
4.5 to 5 is first class
3.5 to 4.4 is second class upper
2.5 to 3.4 is second class lower
1.5 to 2.4 is 3rd class
Below 1.5 is pass.

Not to sure about the last two.

Everyday you learn. Thanks for this. Almost like quoting G.P.A. during my time at Uni.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
Rubyventures:

Everyday you learn. Thanks for this. Almost like quoting G.P.A. during my time at Uni.
Please unlearn this fast. What was quoted above is CGPA. The person that asked the question probably quoted the CGPA and not the grade and the one that explained it also did not state that he/she was referring to CGPA.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2019
AdaUK:
She will first do HCA training then apply for a job.
After few months of experience she can apply for Nursing school and then follow it up

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
Done and dusted. Thank you sir, nice transacting business with you.

Lexusgs430:

£1 - 445.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
addbol:

Another successful transaction..... But this added more white hair to my head....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
addbol:
Done and dusted. Thank you sir, nice transacting business with you.

Thanx for your patience.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by winzy(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
winzy:
Good day, people.

Help, please cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:35am On Sep 20, 2019
winzy:

Help, please cry

Oyinbos dont give a shit about paper tigers..they want to know how you'd add value. You can have 10 PhDs and still be stacking shelves in pounds stretcher.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2019
winzy:

Help, please cry
Most HR personnel I know do not have bachelor's and one in my company then was sponsored for her masters. That is not to say doing a masters is useless. The UK financial sector isn't very vibrant at the moment with Brexit looming but given a choice I will go for the latter as with that I can still move into HR if I cannot get into finance. If you have the money, go for an MBA or MIM from a decent school.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2019
Hello Guys, Here is my Credit Card-related question:
What does total Credit mean?
1. It is an 'unwritten rule' and Best practice to keep spendings to around 30% of total credit yes?
2. If I have two cards: X (credit limit £1000) and Y (Credit Limit £1500). If I use £1000 from card Y, and £0 from card X. Would this amount to me utilizing too much? One thing I am sure is that I will ALWAYS pay every single kobo by the end of the month.

in the example above, when my credit score is being calculated, would it be that I have utilized (1000/1500)*100 = 66.7% of Credit (on card Y)
or
I have utilized (1000/2500)*100 = 40% of credits available (cards X and Y)?

Help a brother.

I want to build a solid credit history please..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
RalphJean:
Hello Guys, Here is my Credit Card-related question:
What does total Credit mean?
1. It is an 'unwritten rule' and Best practice to keep spendings to around 30% of total credit yes?
2. If I have two cards: X (credit limit £1000) and Y (Credit Limit £1500). If I use £1000 from card Y, and £0 from card X. Would this amount to me utilizing too much? One thing I am sure is that I will ALWAYS pay every single kobo by the end of the month.

in the example above, when my credit score is being calculated, would it be that I have utilized (1000/1500)*100 = 66.7% of Credit (on card Y)
or
I have utilized (1000/2500)*100 = 40% of credits available (cards X and Y)?

Help a brother.

I want to build a solid credit history please..
I am not sure if number 1 works that way as I used to have only one CC with low limit of £1500 and so I used to spend more than 50% of my limit and a few time close to the limit and it never affected my credit score . In fact it seemed to have gone up from around 928 before I got the card to about 957 with the spending. I have since acquired an Amex card with a higher limit and my score is close to 980

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.