Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,844 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1312912 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
No 1 is a best practice but there are many other factors that determine your credit score. For example, the type of credit you hold (short vs long term) also plays a role.
Credit utilisation is calculated across all your cards. So it'll be (spend on X + spend on Y)/total credit limit.

RalphJean:
Hello Guys, Here is my Credit Card-related question:
What does total Credit mean?
1. It is an 'unwritten rule' and Best practice to keep spendings to around 30% of total credit yes?
2. If I have two cards: X (credit limit £1000) and Y (Credit Limit £1500). If I use £1000 from card Y, and £0 from card X. Would this amount to me utilizing too much? One thing I am sure is that I will ALWAYS pay every single kobo by the end of the month.

in the example above, when my credit score is being calculated, would it be that I have utilized (1000/1500)*100 = 66.7% of Credit (on card Y)
or
I have utilized (1000/2500)*100 = 40% of credits available (cards X and Y)?

Help a brother.

I want to build a solid credit history please..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by winzy(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
dustydee:

Most HR personnel I know do not have bachelor's and one in my company then was sponsored for her masters. That is not to say doing a masters is useless. The UK financial sector isn't very vibrant at the moment with Brexit looming but given a choice I will go for the latter as with that I can still move into HR if I cannot get into finance. If you have the money, go for an MBA or MIM from a decent school.

Thank you, Sire
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Green4(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
hello gurus in the thread, i want to ask a question dont know if someone met have asked same here, can i be able to search for job and work with my standard visitor visa.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
Green4:
hello gurus in the thread, i want to ask a question dont know if someone met have asked same here, can i be able to search for job and work with my standard visitor visa.

To work in the UK you need to apply for a work visa.

A visit visa ISAs the name implies, for those planing to visit the UK for leisure, family visit etc. As such you can't work while having a visit visa

Green4:

Ask your question here don't have access to the email

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
Fam! Anyone in-house who has successfully switched from Tier 5 to either Tier 2 or Tier 1 (Talent Cadre)?

Please signify so I can PM you with immediate alacrity and lovingly pick your brain. Thank you smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Aunty I.
Switched to tier 2
Mamatukwas:
Fam! Anyone in-house who has successfully switched from Tier 5 to either Tier 2 or Tier 1 (Talent Cadre)?

Please signify so I can PM you with immediate alacrity and lovingly pick your brain. Thank you smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Itzpetersv: 12:47am On Sep 21, 2019
Good evening everyone

Please I am in search of accommodation,
I need someone that can accommodate me in Birmingham
Anybody living in Birmingham City, close to Birmingham Uni please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ab4m: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2019
Hello house,
Any money exchangers in the house? Wanna send some money to Naija account while I send pounds to your UK account.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2019
ab4m:
Hello house,
Any money exchangers in the house? Wanna send some money to Naija account while I send pounds to your UK account.

For this route of transfer, you can use either Azimo or Worldremit.......

Compare rates, then select the best option........

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
Uglyduckling:
Aunty I.
Switched to tier 2

Sanu jare. PMing you in a bit. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
AdaUK:
She will first do HCA training then apply for a job.
After few months of experience she can apply for Nursing school and then follow it up

Is this without being a science student?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

For this route of transfer, you can use either Azimo or Worldremit.......

Compare rates, then select the best option........

Educate me on this boss. Are these softwares?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Be very careful in the context, in your mentioning of science student........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Educate me on this boss. Are these softwares?

Nope...... Apps used for money transfer services.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:08am On Sep 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Be very careful in the context, in your mentioning of science student........... cheesy

grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:13am On Sep 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Nope...... Apps used for money transfer services.........

Hope these Azimo thing is not risky, as in them no fit run away with person money?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:01am On Sep 22, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Hope these Azimo thing is not risky, as in them no fit run away with person money?

Safe....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
Very safe. Get a referral from oga lexus and you'd even get 10 pounds off your transfer.
sgtponzihater1:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AdaUK: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Yes but you need some certification course and then foundation course
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
AdaUK:

Yes but you need some certification course and then foundation course

Perfect. I didn't know this.

Any reference or detailed explanation I can read on this pls
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2019
Kolping:

https://www.rt.com/uk/469354-british-primary-schools-manual/

Yepaaaaaa.....
They want to teach our children the science of Wanking?
To groom the next generation of wankers?
Bloody fucking hell...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2019
RalphJean:

Yepaaaaaa.....
They want to teach our children the science of Wanking?
To groom the next generation of wankers?
Bloody fucking hell...

Soapy generation........ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thomas cook, is now well & truly cooked......

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
In Aberdeen for the week. Anyone wanna hang is welcomed.

Good club recommendations too.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jbloc: 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
Very safe and efficient.

sgtponzihater1:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
Inkredible:
In Aberdeen for the week. Anyone wanna hang is welcomed.

Good club recommendations too.

Annual leave don start?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
gratefulme40:

Annual leave don start?

Yes o. cheesy

I Dey Lerwick now sef. Headed off to Aberdeen tonight.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
Kolping:

https://www.rt.com/uk/469354-british-primary-schools-manual/
No wonder I received a memo from school about this on Friday.
The thing didn't make sense to me at first.

What is wrong with this people?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Thomas cook, is now well & truly cooked......

There is something I want u to explain to me explicitly pls.

Why must one get a credit card?

Is it unavoidable?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
sassysure:

There is something I want u to explain to me explicitly pls.

Why must one get a credit card?

Is it unavoidable?

A credit card is not compulsory, the problem arises when this so called credit card, becomes a heavy debt card...

The circumstances of the borrower changes and can no longer afford it.....

It might be an unsecured way of borrowing, but that unsecured position, would automatically be converted to a secured position, if you own your property. That debt would simply be charged to your property......

The morale of this story is, if you feel you can manage it judiciously, go for it....... If not run, like fire is burning....

It's called credit card, but i call it a debt card........ It might take you out of tight corner, but that rescue, might become a constricting snake....... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.