Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309830 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:16am On Nov 17, 2019
RalphJean:

Which yeye Labour?
Labour that can’t say what they want about BreXit.

Tories ALL THE WAY!!

A bumbling Boris........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 2:16am On Nov 17, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

I say the truth. That's where many of my issues come from. I have told Dentists who they really are, same with nurses. But I shouldn't suffer in real life for what I said on a peer to peer forum.

Away from my troubles, so many good things are going on. Off to Brent cross shopping center after church tomorrow. Watched that it's the oldest shopping complex in the UK

The SUN Headline

HARDWORKING NHS DOCTOR (of Nigerian Origin) DIVORCES WIFE 5 MONTHS AFTER MIGRATING TO THE UK
- Couldn’t adjust to Bills payment life in the UK
- Wife’s ‘Morning sickness’ played a major role
- Wife couldn’t bear smell of husban’s perfume

Bros.... unless you sef no wan Mek d marriage work, you still get plenty functional options.
Shuoooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:18am On Nov 17, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

In Naija rent wasn't an issue for me. Nurses are paid crap, and I didn't need those help. Rent for a year could be paid with a months pay. It's totally different here.

However I am sorry for derailing this lovely thread with my problems. Forgive me sincerely while I look on God for help.

You already see me as a loser and a bad man so I have nothing to proof again.

Thanks for your help.

God would never descend to assist you..... Remember, heaven helps those, that help themselves........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:21am On Nov 17, 2019
LagosismyHome:

they say thereis barely enough funds to keep the nhs afloat, so realistically speaking how can the government afford this without raising taxes :free university tuition for our kids, free and quality healthcare (including dental), cost-effective utilities .............impossible, only if UK is oil rich like the middle east of those days

As usual post election campaigns, they offer heaven and earth.........

When they get in, they do an APC (all promises cancelled).......

Imagine including in a manifesto, planting millions of tree's...... Truly laughable....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:27am On Nov 17, 2019
One of the major reasons for divorce is finances. Gone are the days when the man slaves like a monkey, pays all the bills, while the wife spends her money on all other issues, apart from the family front........

Couples should write out all expenses and allocate financial roles, to avoid stories that touches the kidney......

If Husband/wife is l/are earning £5000 pcm, while the other person is earning £1500 pcm... They should work out what is what and who is who........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 2:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

God would never descend to assist you..... Remember, heaven helps those, that help themselves........

Lexus430:
Sgtponzihater1 has previously practically ran a series on Nairaland Religion page on that topic.
His contributions on that topic was fantastic!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 2:36am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 2:41am On Nov 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:
One of the major reasons for divorce is finances. Gone are the days when the man slaves like a monkey, pays all the bills, while the wife spends her money on all other issues, apart from the family front........

Couples should write out all expenses and allocate financial roles, to avoid stories that touches the kidney......

If Husband/wife is l/are earning £5000 pcm, while the other person is earning £1500 pcm... They should work out what is what and who is who........

The problem with couple migrating from Nigeria on the finances front is that the man expects the woman to work and contribute whilst expecting her to run ALL the Domestic activities as well. This builds a resentment which they lash out by refusing to help financially. Back home they had househelps and family support. I’ve seen it happen over and over again. This also seems to be playing out in This index case. Anyways there’s always three sides to a story

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 3:09am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:29am On Nov 17, 2019
RalphJean:

Lexus430:
Sgtponzihater1 has previously practically ran a series on Nairaland Religion page on that topic.
His contributions on that topic was fantastic!

One very wise Chinese man once said...... The internet never forgets......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 4:50am On Nov 17, 2019
Hmmm.. This is serious. If you are not legally married for years, please don't bring him or her to UK except you just want he/she to suffer. I told many friends to desist from bringing their girlfriends/boyffriends here except they want to go back and be married to live with him/her for few years in Nigeria before migrating to UK. Life here is really different from Naija lifestyle, the exposure and technology is next to none...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Realgeo(m): 5:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Aphrodite007:

He who wear a shoe knows where it pinches most. If u are not a situation, you can never understand that very situation. @Aphrodite, this man is here for an advice not for condemnation. Pls trade with care.
Good for her then. They should divorce then she should apply for her own. It’s just 6 months she’s losing, it’s not much. I can’t imagine what she has to go through being married to a man like that.

Man that is meant to be pampering me (pregnant or not) is expecting me to... mschew let me not be angry this night. Not worth it!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Realgeo(m): 5:38am On Nov 17, 2019
I think you are going too far. Pls dont condemn but provide a good and sound advice. Thank you
Aphrodite007:

Hmm I feel like I should take my words back. Hold on one sec.perfume can actually be irritating to pregnant women. A good man should understand this and be happy to spray it outside.

Cooking for yourself? I don’t understand- is she a good machine? Did they burn your hand? That woman is carrying a child and you still expect her to do all the chores, what is she, your slave?

Taking the bins out? Ogbeni haba! She works o- And you expect her to do all this? Your entitlement reeks! My husband washes the plates at home. I’ve never touched bins in my life. Indian food, he stopped eating it cos I don’t like the smell.

Look at me think she was the problem. You clearly are. You’re a wicked man!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Realgeo(m): 5:45am On Nov 17, 2019
When wisdom speaks, understanding applauds.
I believe you are a woman but you reason wisely unlike the selfish and selfcenterd that thinks the world only revolves around them. I hardly comment here but I always follow on in silent. Thank you for bringing some folks to their senses.
LagosismyHome:

well it obvious both parties dont care for each other ......... Despite been pregnant , if she making for herself , if she really care she will make a pack for him as well . Has nothing to do with Low Mentality

however maybe something happened in the early part of the marriage that made her stop caring and switch off mentally

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Realgeo(m): 6:00am On Nov 17, 2019
My Brother, no one except you can really understand what you are going through no matter how we try. Like always tell people, if u are not in a situation, u can never understand that very situation. Dont be bothered about the judgement of some folks but focus on how to solve the problem u are facing. My question is,
was she like this before or after she became pregnant? That will determine my advice for you. It is well with you.
sgtponzihater1:

Stop judging me. I do these all the time for the past 12weeks. I don't mind doing it. But when it's now my job. She had to even remind me that she's going to work, I should pls throw out the trash later. I can do alot if only I am appreciated. The same lady told me if not her condition, she can never imagine herself eating food that I cooked. Won't thanks for all you have been doing be better.

Anyway I am wicked of paying my rent, and paying council tax, and preparing my food pack to work for the past 12 weeks, and sweeping my house daily and throwing the garbage and washing plate.

We had a 2week cooling period EON has brought bill for that, she agreed to pay power and internet, but EON sent a message to state that we have refused to pay and they'll take measures. On Monday I will call and ask them to put the bill on me so as to save myself. Yet I am a wicked man.

3months in UK all I have sent to all my siblings and parents combined is 200 pounds. I know how much I have seen her send, but i am a wicked man.

Cheers for your support for your follow woman.

Afterthought: Noticed when she was registering for energy, she stylishly added both our names so if she doesn't pay I get a message. Same I got for internet. But I am a very bad man, say another lady.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

So out of ones salary tell me how much clothes will stop one from paying 84 pounds.

Quite frustrating, this country needs two cooperative partners to ease things, especially with your London location...

I will he praying for your family, but please dont give up on her....for a marriage to work sometimes it just needs one willing partner

Do your best to talk to her in a calm environment, you guys need to bring out a calculator and assign responsibilities...

Also start praying together, village people can do wonders o

God be with you bro

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Father Lord
I decree and declare, that no man with such a mentality should ever set eyes on my sister, friends or unborn daughters in the Name of Jesus!

I rebuke any man, that thinks with such a low mentality! Holy Ghost fire! Holy Ghost fire!

You that is mean to be making breakfast for her.. God forbid bad thing! Poor woman! cry

Aphrodite007.? It goes both ways! Nobody marries a teddy bear any more, if you don't help or appreciate your husband then get ready to be on your own.

I can't imagine marrying a wife who will not contribute financially here in the U.K even when we both work and earn almost the same?

There is a reason why men generally die before their wives ...

18 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:27am On Nov 17, 2019
EngrSaks:

Quite frustrating, this country needs two cooperative partners to ease things, especially with your London location...

I will he praying for your family, but please dont give up on her....for a marriage to work sometimes it just needs one willing partner

Do your best to talk to her in a calm environment, you guys need to bring out a calculator and assign responsibilities...

Also start praying together, village people can do wonders o

God be with you bro

I know the bolded part was meant to be a joke, but it’s Nonsense.
Someone is clearly having communication issues with a spouse , but innocent ‘village people’ are blamed.

Before you think I don’t know what I’m saying, I have looked back at Sgtponzihater1’s previous posts. His marriage counselling & financial counselling & religious counselling posts on Nairaland have been fantastic. If only he could practice 1/10000th of what he has preached (the +ve ones), I bet he will be the one counselling us all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:30am On Nov 17, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

In Naija rent wasn't an issue for me. Nurses are paid crap, and I didn't need those help. Rent for a year could be paid with a months pay. It's totally different here.

However I am sorry for derailing this lovely thread with my problems. Forgive me sincerely while I look on God for help.

You already see me as a loser and a bad man so I have nothing to proof again.

Thanks for your help.

You don't have to apologise for anything, be strong as you go through this tough times, look after your own mental health before it starts affecting your work.

Hang on there and keep supporting because of her pregnancy, she needs all the support she can get now.

If nothing changes after delivery then...you know what next to do.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2019
justwise:

Aphrodite007.? It goes both ways! Nobody marries a teddy bear any more, if you don't help or appreciate your husband then get ready to be on your own.

I can't imagine marrying a wife who will not contribute financially here in the U.K even when we both work and earn almost the same?

JustWise:
Back in Nigeria, this guy was so rich that his 1 month salary pays the house rent for 1 year.
He told his wife not to contribute anything because his salary was more than enough for both of them. Being a nurse, he regarded her salary as ‘crap’.

Upon migrating to the UK, he suddenly wants her to start paying the bills. My girl has been so used to the concept of:
Your money is OUR own; My money is MY own
Sharing formula calculation was not yet agreed upon in line with new realities. My guy come gi my sister belle. Everything come start to dey smell for my sister, plus plenty vomiting.

This is a mid-communication problem.

If my Guymandspecies feels that my sister isn’t playing ball, divorce should be the last resort when all else fails.
If Guyman Loves my sister, Guyman should talk to my sister’s mama.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2019
RalphJean:

Wait..... bros.
Calm Down.

In June 2019 you were glad to be relocating to the UK.
Less than 6 months later, it’s has got this bad?

This is the real world, things can change, but this person needs advice on how to sort out his complicated situation.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2019
RalphJean:

This marriage was contracted in Nigeria.
And it was out of Love.
Then emigration happened.
And in less than 6 months of moving to the UK, the marriage is this damaged?
Is this a UK thing or the marriage would have crashed anyway?

And based on some previous replies on Nairaland, the marriage is still fresh.
Come on mate...did you bring this woman to the UK to throw her out after just 6 months?

Haba!
You are judging this guy too harshly.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Nov 17, 2019
Sgtponzihater1 - The last £1 I have, I would lend you........ If emotionally and psychologically, you are carrying such heavy weight, sooner rather than later, it would begin to impact on your professional conducts......

Too early for you to be in front of GMC, been quizzed for medical negligence...........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Calling me a Guyman cannot help me now. I am no more a Guyman. Thing is knowing that I didn't bother her in the past should make her know that things have really changed. I have Locumed almost every single weekend to hold everything together. But yesterday and today I've decided to just rest, before it becomes counter productive.

Life shouldn't be this way.

Have you communicated this to her?

Bro, load recharge card and have a heart-to-her art with your mother in law
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2019
[quote
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2019
Sgtponzihater1 is that all?

Welcome to the club!

Marriage is no bed of roses, go and ask all married they endured so much shiit. If you ask for her side of the stories, she would have bucket loads.

Sit her down, show her how much you earn and agree on a reasonable formula.

Bros man, cook for yourself, if you cannot, go to mamaput buy eforiro, egusi, ilaasepo put in the freezer and do Ebay or poundo on top.

Buy a good throw and put on the sofa and Netflix like no tomorrow. You only have one life...enjoy it dont let anyone give you hypertension.

Let me tell you, things always fall back into place. This is your storming period in this country..it will normalize.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Sgtponzihater1 is that all?

Welcome to the club!

Marriage is no bed of roses, go and ask all married they endured so much shiit. If you ask for her side of the stories, she would have bucket loads.

Sit her down, show her how much you earn and agree on a reasonable formula.

Bros man, cook for yourself, if you cannot, go to mamaput buy eforiro, egusi, ilaasepo put in the freezer and do Ebay or poundo on top.

Buy a good throw and put on the sofa and Netflix like no tomorrow. You only have one life...enjoy it dont let anyone give you hypertension.

Let me tell you, things always fall back into place. This is your storming period in this country..it will normalize.

I am yet to learn how my freezer can get me ebay (maybe freezers now are so technologically advanced)......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I am yet to learn how my freezer can get me ebay (maybe freezers now are so technologically advanced)......... grin

Oni yeye ni e jare. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:39am On Nov 17, 2019
justwise:

I understand. But you are hearing it from one side. There’s no how she’s not paying for food at home. I feel he is reducing what she’s paying for. Is your wife doing 50-50 with you? I’m sure it’s skewed somehow, even if she earned the same with you.

Also. You justwise. Do you just sit down and expect her to do everything, then expect her to work and still pay 50%.. haba? Is that not wickedness? And she’s pregnant on top!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.