Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301983 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
whuzmhan:

Thank you
I told her the same thing too but she argued that its ONLY Ikoyi certificates that can be confirmed as they register all marriages online.
I was then wondering if the embassy actually confirms certificates, that if they do, a lot of those who didnt go to ikoyi would have been denied simply because thy wouldnt have been able to confirm their certificate.

It's all in her mind ..... UK embassy has never started it has to be ikoyi certificate. That how fake news start

All that is ask is to show evidence of a legal marriage and some supporting evidence of still been together. Let stick with the rules and not add or remove

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 1:34am On Mar 05, 2020
I got an offer from university of East Anglia,it has a good ranking( no 21 in the UK and 192 in the whole world, MSc Computing Science) the university is in Norwich, pls are there job availability precisely in accounting and finance field? My spouse is accompanying me as a support.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Govpal: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2020
Good morning everyone, please can I pay the IHS with Nigerian bank card ( master card)?
LagosismyHome:

You can easily calculate it here .... should be about £1,200 per dependent

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mobilipia:
I got an offer from university of East Anglia,it has a good ranking( no 21 in the UK and 192 in the whole world, MSc Computing Science) the university is in Norwich, pls are there job availability precisely in accounting and finance field? My spouse is accompanying me as a support.

Yes. There are many dope computer tech jobs in the finance industry. I know a friend in Scotland who is working for a top bank as a software engineer.
There are also increasingly many opportunities for big data engineers and analysts.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hi guys! It’s really been a long time. Trying to settle down here and the weather. Still hunting for a job. I pray I get one soon as I’m starting to get tired. I have lost count of the number of rejection mails I got but thank God I’ve attended some interviews now. Still waiting for response while submitting more applications. Any suggestions or tips on how to land a good job or even get any job to keep my busy will be appreciated.
Please I need to renew my passport as it will expire in few months. But I also want my new surname on it. How do I go about this? And also will I have to change the name on my brp to match the new name on the passport? Thank you all for your help.
@justwise @fatima04 @Lexusgs430 @bourne007
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
assumpta1:
Hi guys! It’s really been a long time. Trying to settle down here and the weather. Still hunting for a job. I pray I get one soon as I’m starting to get tired. I have lost count of the number of rejection mails I got but thank God I’ve attended some interviews now. Still waiting for response while submitting more applications. Any suggestions or tips on how to land a good job or even get any job to keep my busy will be appreciated.
Please I need to renew my passport as it will expire in few months. But I also want my new surname on it. How do I go about this? And also will I have to change the name on my brp to match the new name on the passport? Thank you all for your help.

Yes to changes on all..... Even your bank statements etc etc etc.........

Have you set your targets too high, in looking for a job?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Yes to changes on all..... Even your bank statements etc etc etc.........

Have you set your targets too high, in looking for a job?

Not really. I’ve been sending in my applications for different positions and I honestly don’t mind standing from the bottom and working my way up. I just need to get my foot in the door. I’m getting fed up. sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
Govpal:
Good morning everyone, please can I pay the IHS with Nigerian bank card ( master card)?

Yes you can but the last time I paid, I could only pay for one person with the naira card . That's a total of £1200
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
assumpta1:

Not really. I’ve been sending in my applications for different positions and I honestly don’t mind standing from the bottom and working my way up. I just need to get my foot in the door. I’m getting fed up. sad

What industry are you looking at? Experience? And profession /course studied?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
Please, for frequent travellers with multiple entry UK visas, is it true that if you have stayed 6 months in the UK before returning home, you can't return till after 6 months?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
danberg:
Please, for frequent travellers with multiple entry UK visas, is it true that if you have stayed 6 months in the UK before returning home, you can't return till after 6 months?

Stayed 6 months with visiting visa?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
assumpta1:

This is not a problem.. use your new surname when completing the application form and .go with your marriage certificate then your new passport will reflect that.

How do you mean by changing the name on your brp to match the new name on the passport?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
justwise:

Stayed 6 months with visiting visa?
Yeah, 2 years multiple entry. Owner started using it 2018 and also stayed 6 months last year (left in Nov.)
The visa will expire June this year. Can the person still use it before it does?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
danberg:

Yeah, 2 years multiple entry. Owner started using it 2018 and also stayed 6 months last year (left in Nov.)
The visa will expire June this year. Can the person still use it before it does?

Sorry o, are you asking if somebody can use an UNEXPIRED visa before it expires?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hope una dey alright o.

Does anyone k ow anything about doing security clearance? Some business dropped at my doorstep but I need to be SC cleated. Been here for 5 years but went to naija for 1 year. Am I still eligible?

@lexus @ralph you both are experienced.. need help with this pls
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Sorry o, are you asking if somebody can use an UNEXPIRED visa before it expires?
Correct
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
danberg:

Yes but i'm not sure that he/she will be able to renew that visa without a very convincing reason for staying 6 months in the UK
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
danberg:

Same situation my Mum has presently..... She is currently in the UK and would depart in May.......

Wash - Rinse - Repeat......... All over again.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
STENON:
Hi bro, Goodmorning sir. Please I am sorry I missed your message. I am very careful about replying people pm nowadays based on my previous experience with some nairalanders.
I am always ready to reply all messages here and with the fact that it's a faceless forum so it makes it easier for you and I to relate.
I have always mentioned that with TRCN, you can proceed with the process to get the UK teaching licence but without that, I am 100% sure it cannot work.
thanks for this information, fortunately I am at the concluding stage of my application (PVG check). Can we chat privately to ask few things from you?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Yes but i'm not sure that he/she will be able to renew that visa without a very convincing reason for staying 6 months in the UK
Thanks for the feedback
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Same situation my Mum has presently..... She is currently in the UK and would depart in May.......

Wash - Rinse - Repeat......... All over again.......
grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Another one bites the dust.
These e-diots keep giving Nigeria a bad name.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-51767053

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:05am On Mar 07, 2020
danberg:

Correct

UNEXPIRED
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 12:08am On Mar 07, 2020
Aphrodite007:

UNEXPIRED
Yeah. Will expire May ending.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:55am On Mar 07, 2020
popplm:
thanks for this information, fortunately I am at the concluding stage of my application (PVG check). Can we chat privately to ask few things from you?
okay, good.
I replied your mail sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by teejay231: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2020
Aphrodite007:
Hope una dey alright o.

Does anyone k ow anything about doing security clearance? Some business dropped at my doorstep but I need to be SC cleated. Been here for 5 years but went to naija for 1 year. Am I still eligible?

@lexus @ralph you both are experienced.. need help with this pls

I think different levels of SC clearances require between 5 to 10 years continuous residence and is valid for 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello house if one's spouse is a British citizen and lives in the UK and both partners got married in the registry in Nigeria, but due to some circumstances in applying for spouse visa,i.e the spouse visa requirements are not ready. Like fiancial requirment. However, the wife decides to apply and come to the UK as student visa studying while his spouse meets the financial requirement. if the spouse meets the spouse visa requirements, can the wife switch from student to spouse visa if she meets the requirements? Will she need to go bk to Nigeria and apply since the registry was done in Nigeria or she will apply in the uk? I will appreciate responses, advice and suggestions. Thank you all.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
Yes, Tier 4 students can switch to spousal at any time even before their current permission to stay in the UK expires. She doesn't have to visit naija at all to switch

Monmarri:
Hello house if one's spouse is a British citizen and lives in the UK and both partners got married in the registry in Nigeria, but due to some circumstances in applying for spouse visa,i.e the spouse visa requirements are not ready. Like fiancial requirment. However, the wife decides to apply and come to the UK as student visa studying while his spouse meets the financial requirement. if the spouse meets the spouse visa requirements, can the wife switch from student to spouse visa if she meets the requirements? Will she need to go bk to Nigeria and apply since the registry was done in Nigeria or she will apply in the uk? I will appreciate responses, advice and suggestions. Thank you all.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OptimisticOne: 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
Good evening all,

Please help a sister.

I just graduated in the university and a family friend in the UK is willing to assist me migrate over there. So I want to know what it entails.

What visa category do I fall into ? I'm a fashion designer and relocating is not to further my education but on trade purposely, I will also appreciate if u can direct me to a place ( link or URL) where I can make research to know more about migrating to the U.k .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Bourne007:
Yes, Tier 4 students can switch to spousal at any time even before their current permission to stay in the UK expires. She doesn't have to visit naija at all to switch

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
OptimisticOne:
Good evening all,

Please help a sister.

I just graduated in the university and a family friend in the UK is willing to assist me migrate over there. So I want to know what it entails.

What visa category do I fall into ? I'm a fashion designer and relocating is not to further my education but on trade purposely, I will also appreciate if u can direct me to a place ( link or URL) where I can make research to know more about migrating to the U.k .
check the global talent visa, I saw something about fashion there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.