Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308953 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:56am On Oct 09, 2020
immagency:
Pls can you state the exact one you bought or using for quick search

!??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EmmyKing86(m): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2020
Good morning all.

Trust everyone is well and keeping safe.

Please, for all those who had/have tier 2 BRP, is there any penalty if our passports expire without renewal on time?

My current passport expires on January, applied for passport renewal August and still have not received biometrics appointment.

I really would not want any blemish on my immigration record as I would be eligible to apply for ILR (10 year route) next year.

Cheers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EmmyKing86(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2020
@ Soknown.

So you paid for passport renewal in June and had your biometrics this week.

Was you passport already expired before biometric capture?

Cheers

Soknown:

Dreadful indeed. I paid for the renewal in June. I was informed to come for the biometric this week.
When I got tired of waiting without any explanation.
I mailed the High commissioner, the deputy high commissioner then the secretariat or something virtually all the mail address on the contact list. Not one replied.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
EmmyKing86:
@ Soknown.

So you paid for passport renewal in June and had your biometrics this week.

Was you passport already expired before biometric capture?

Cheers

It expired in June.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
EmmyKing86:
Good morning all.

Trust everyone is well and keeping safe.

Please, for all those who had/have tier 2 BRP, is there any penalty if our passports expire without renewal on time?

My current passport expires on January, applied for passport renewal August and still have not received biometrics appointment.

I really would not want any blemish on my immigration record as I would be eligible to apply for ILR (10 year route) next year.

Cheers.
Mine expired in June, I paid for the renewal in the same month. I was contacted to come for the Biometric this week. Rumours have it that they have a lot of backlogs to sort out because of the lockdown.
My friend paid for renewal in January, she was contacted to come for Biometric capture in July.
The Covid 19 saga disrupted a lot of activities, you know.
If you don't get an appointment by October ending. I suggest that you should print out your payment acknowledgement details and go to the Nigeria House.
Let me know if you need further assistance by then.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
Please I have a question. I want to invite my mum to spend 2 weeks with us. I hold EEA family member residence card. And due to childcare I work only 24 hours a week. My mum is self employed but the business is not registered. Please how do I go about it?
Note; hubby doesn't want to be a part of the invitation.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cutiejewel: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
hello everyone,
I'm new on this thread...
I just want to ask a simple question and I will be glad if my question is answered correctly... I want to apply for a 6month visit Visa, the question is can I see work in the UK ,even if its a menial job with the 6month visa?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
Write an invitation letter indicating that you will be responsible for her accommodation and feeding.

Attach a copy of ur BRP/International passport
Council tax letter and/or Utility bills as proof of address
Payslips
Birth certificate to proof she’s your biological mum

preciouschiomy:
Please I have a question. I want to invite my mum to spend 2 weeks with us. I hold EEA family member residence card. And due to childcare I work only 24 hours a week. My mum is self employed but the business is not registered. Please how do I go about it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
preciouschiomy:

Me I love my in laws o, and always want them over...... My wife and I jointly file their applications with zero financial documents input from in laws.......... cheesy

And have never had their visas refused........... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you. I really appreciate.

omopapa:
Write an invitation letter indicating that you will be responsible for her accommodation and feeding.

Payslips

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
Cutiejewel:
hello everyone,
I just want to ask a simple question and I will be glad if my question is answered correctly... I want to apply for a 6month visit Visa, the question is can I see work in the UK ,even if its a menial job with the 6month visa?

Are you indirectly accusing us of been nonchalant, in responding to questions.......... cheesy

How truly simple is this question?......

You want to apply for a VISITING visa, but want to use this VISITING visa, to apply for menial jobs?......

Are you expecting us to condone a simple breach in immigration rules?...... tongue

Ok we shall try and accept this illegality (only for this minute)........ cheesy

Yes you can get a job (but be prepared to be super exploited)....... Pot wey wan chop pepper, hin yansh must hot......... wink

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
Cutiejewel:
hello everyone,

Even menial jobs do check your work papers to ensure you have the right to work so it not as easy as it seems .....

then those with legal papers for some it can take up to 1 to 2 months to find even the menial jobs

Lastly we really cannot encourage you to break the law. Visiting visa are not allowed to work

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Even menial jobs do check your work papers to ensure you have the right to work so it not as easy as it seems .....

then those with legal papers for some it can take up to 1 to 2 months to find even the menial jobs

Lastly we really cannot encourage you to break the law. Visiting visa are not allowed to work

Can someone work with student brp even though he/she stopped going to the school
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
walesho:

Can someone work with student brp even though he/she stopped going to the school

Stopped going to school??

Or finished school?

Once you stop going to school, your university will notify UKVI about your missed attendance, and your visa/brp will be curtailed (cancelled).

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
walesho:

I have no idea ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
Should I include bank statement and tenancy agreement?

omopapa:

Payslips

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yes sure

preciouschiomy:
Should I include bank statement and tenancy agreement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Officially the visa will be cancelled when the uni reports to HO. They do this to protect their licence.

However, it could go 2 ways, either the company checks with HO and realise it’s been cancelled or you get away with it.

walesho:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by preciouschiomy: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you.

omopapa:
Yes sure

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
walesho:

Don't do that. Finish school and sort your stay

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HumanCalc: 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
You guys always talk about helpful topics here a lot wink wink wink wink wink
but i believe it'd be much more better if you share more pics here too. Doesn't have to be pics of people.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2020
HumanCalc:
You guys always talk about helpful topics here a lot wink wink wink wink wink
but i believe it'd be much more better if you share more pics here too. Doesn't have to be pics of people.

This thread is not a travel brochure......... grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2020
grin
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cutiejewel: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2020
LagosismyHome:

thank you for your response

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cutiejewel: 11:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Are you indirectly accusing us of been nonchalant, in responding to questions.......... cheesy

How truly simple is this question?......

You want to apply for a VISITING visa, but want to use this VISITING visa, to apply for menial jobs?......

Are you expecting us to condone a simple breach in immigration rules?...... tongue

Ok we shall try and accept this illegality (only for this minute)........ cheesy

Yes you can get a job (but be prepared to be super exploited)....... Pot wey wan chop pepper, hin yansh must hot......... wink
exploited by who��‍♂
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2020
Cutiejewel:
exploited by who��‍♂

By his/her black market employer(s).......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cutiejewel: 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

By his/her black market employer(s).......... cheesy
okay thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HumanCalc: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Umifellow, you suppose support your brother na
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You’re too mean. grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
HumanCalc:
Umifellow, you suppose support your brother na

I am not known to be impartial (yet)....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
marylandcakes:

You’re too mean. grin grin

I am sorry, I shall strive to do better next term............ cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.