Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301845 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2020
Pearlyfaze:

By my 7th year in the UK I go don become baddest for Data Science. I dey use all the suffering vex come. Na only Canny go relax their rules to favour the Badt guy. But if canny nor gree I will go far Australia go collect their own. Las las na Tri citizenship be the plan.

Biko Patriotism for one side fes.

Hahaha, but the more citizenship you have, the more tax complications you have to face. Some of these countries aren’t under double treaty and will require you to pay tax in both countries.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2020
Pearlyfaze:

Make we use T2 enter UK fes fes. Collect ILR/Citizenship na 7yrs plan be that, then port to Canada and also collect their Citizenship.

But make we just commot legally fes. Efri other thing will sort itself out.

I come in peace. BTW the information here is top notch. You are all doing well Oooin.
T2 path to ILR is 5 years and additional 12 months for citizenship smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaDevin: 10:42am On Nov 08, 2020
omopapa:
I have £ for sale

I’ll send a PM
What’s your rate please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by abby2443: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2020
Architects in the UK, please what’s it like over there? Especially coming on a student Visa (Birmingham city to be precise)... Please help with your response(s)

Best regards
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2020
The same Tier 4/post study rules apply to dependants.

If your tier 4 dependant switches to tier 1 or 2, then the 5-year route applies on the day you are issued.

assumpta1:
Oh thank you. Does the same thing apply to the dependants?
Also what if a dependant is able to switch to tier 2, what route will that be? Sorry if I’m asking too many questions but the links don’t provide answers to my questions.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
Who else drove through some scary fog yesterday night? I drove through it on my way to work. It wasn't funny, I couldn't see Jack, even in built up areas with street light.
Very Spooky and Scary, the roads were deserted like one haunted avenue in a Halloween themed movies.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

WTH, you prefer nissan joke nismo to RX450h? DaveChappelle....I go give you sliding tackle grin

The insurance was cheaper, and the car newer, and cheaper for the same year
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Are you having a laugh? That is why you buy low mileage lexus and sell on value is one of most reasonable ones especially the RX range. By next year, your nismo should be around 5k
Actually still has a trade in value of 8k to 9k going 2 yrs, not bad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
Soknown:
Who else drove through some scary fog yesterday night? I drove through it on my way to work. It wasn't funny, I couldn't see Jack, even in built up areas with street light.
Very Spooky and Scary, the roads were deserted like one haunted avenue in a Halloween themed movies.

Did you put on your fog lights?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mdeeokoye: 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2020
That was how one recruiter was trying to "bobo" me yesterday that once i work for 3 years then i can apply for ILR. I just told him OK. cheesy

Bourne007:
The same Tier 4/post study rules apply to dependants.

If your tier 4 dependant switches to tier 1 or 2, then the 5-year route applies on the day you are issued.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EmmyKing86(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2020
So the Nigerian High Commission London is closed to the public indefinitely due to the lockdown in England.

This does not make any sense as people are still allowed to work. Moreover, embassy/consular services are still under essential services. Airports are still functioning. Closing services to the public will only increase the backlog of passport renewal which the commission is still struggling to rectify. One can even argue that the renewal of passports can be under legal responsibility as immigrants are obliged to maintain a valid international passport. Performing legal responsibilities is also permitted during the lockdown. I made my application on August 24th and it is evident that I might not renew before the end of the year.

Nigeria always finds a way to make things more complicated than it should be.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2020
EmmyKing86:

So the Nigerian High Commission London is closed to the public indefinitely due to the lockdown in England.

This does not make any sense as people are still allowed to work. Moreover, embassy/consular services are still under essential services. Airports are still functioning. Closing services to the public will only increase the backlog of passport renewal which the commission is still struggling to rectify. One can even argue that the renewal of passports can be under legal responsibility as immigrants are obliged to maintain a valid international passport. Performing legal responsibilities is also permitted during the lockdown. I made my application on August 24th and it is evident that I might not renew before the end of the year.

The first time even before the lockdown was officially announced the Nigerian high commision shut down while the whole UK was still very much open. So not surprised to hear they locked up again

Our people problem home and away are many joor . If you start looking into Nigeria matter it definitely will give you headache . Hopefully everyone here gets a chance to get a second passport

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
mdeeokoye:
That was how one recruiter was trying to "bobo" me yesterday that once i work for 3 years then i can apply for ILR. I just told him OK. cheesy

That can be true.
If you are on the Global Talent Visa, it’s 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

The first time even before the lockdown was officially announced the Nigerian high commision shut down while the whole UK was still very much open. So not surprised to hear they locked up again

Our people problem home and away are many joor . If you start looking into Nigeria matter it definitely will give you headache . Hopefully everyone here gets a chance to get a second passport

Amen to the 1000th degree.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
RalphJean:
I don chop 1 week ban.
Crime wey I commit Na sake of say I talk something wey 1 person, 1 person no like.
Na so e carry ban knack me akpako.

Good to be back.

Last time I was here, Donald John Trump was President. That gives you idea how long ago that was.

Well, I’m happy to be back. I pray that the gods grant me grace to be able to not call out person(s) on this thread.
Amen.

Wait them ban you? grin You dey find trouble sha! Upon all the fight wey I cause on top this app, I never chop ban grin

be like me, fight wisely tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2020
EmmyKing86:

Sorry sir.

When you calm down, buy ticket and go to Nigeria to renew. That’s what I did. Nobody even asked me for my ETC sef until I got to Nigeria (and if I didn’t have it, I would have just asked them for plug to do my passport, then case settled).

No vex too much- you suppose dey use to naija wahala.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by humblemoi: 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Sorry sir.

When you calm down, buy ticket and go to Nigeria to renew. That’s what I did. Nobody even asked me for my ETC sef until I got to Nigeria (and if I didn’t have it, I would have just asked them for plug to do my passport, then case settled).

This is looking like the most viable option right now to be honest. With backlogs the embassy has right now..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Sorry sir.

Really you were able to check in Heathrow with an expired passport ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
You people should leave trouble and quarrel alone... If no other topic just keep quiet and watch TV. I come in peace ✌️
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
wallg123:
You people should leave trouble and quarrel alone... If no other topic just keep quiet and watch TV. I come in peace ✌️

Soro Soke.... what does been quiet achieve. NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
Wahala be like bicycle grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
Soknown:
I experienced this yesterday I was actually wondering if it was my sight ooo... it was so terrible yesterday. Still gonna drive home from work this night... my heart bits I don’t know what I am gonna face this night.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
Tobexin:
I experienced this yesterday I was actually wondering if it was my sight ooo... it was so terrible yesterday. Still gonna drive home from work this night... my heart bits I don’t know what I am gonna face this night.

Drive slow, put all your lights on!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
EmmyKing86:

This does not make any sense as people are still allowed to work. Moreover, embassy/consular services are still under essential services.

Nigeria High Commission and sense.....you're asking for too much...

Still surprised the building didn't get a molotov during the #endsars protest
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
DisGuy:

Drive slow, put all your lights on!!
sure that is how I do drive but still visibility is bad... here in North east of England the weather is something else.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2020
I hope this gives hope to some people here, I still can’t believe I am now a home owner and a brand new car 2020 plate car, also undergoing a fully funded post graduate clinical course in University of Leeds from my Trust, just within my 20 months stay in the UK. Mehn this country has been good to me. Anything is possible.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by humblemoi: 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
TRAY2:
I hope this gives hope to some people here, I still can’t believe I am now a home owner and a brand new car 2020 plate car, also undergoing a fully funded post graduate clinical course in University of Leeds from my Trust, just within my 20 months stay in the UK. Mehn this country has been good to me. Anything is possible.

Congratulations to you!!! Wishing you more blessings

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.