Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306499 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TrumpsWall: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hmmm ... I see the irony in your statement cheesy

Aprokodaughter:

Different views always have conclusions. Different views don't include insults or rubbish another view.

Different views don't always have to go off point.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
RalphJean:

Let me help you.
Challenger bank refers to banks that are only often used by people who are not legal in the UK (Erico2k2, 2020)
Like Starling and Monzo and Pockit etc...

As per my education, well, I am proud of my ketu education. You that got the whatever education, where e don carry u reach?

Abeg leave erico2k2 alone with his old generation banks.

I heard some people are planning some explorations in kent. Just wanted to put it here that I live in Kent and open to scintillating explorations cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Problem dey for who no live for Kent ooo tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
RalphJean:

If you have your own point or view, you state it. Then move on.
Rather than getting worked up about others stating their own views.

Hmmm...why will you get worked up over people you can't seetake it easy man

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Godwinmoses25(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please I have never been out of country before, and I don’t have anyone or family outside. Am a student and I have a business too here that am sustaining from and I have really worked hard to save. Am just 20yrs old and things are not really being funny because am all my mom depends on at the moment. I have dreams and visions, I have read so much thread on here about traveling, am so much interested in traveling to any country and am not concern about job any kind of work is fine, am a down to earth honest person and a very hardworking guy with good reputations. I tried to do some other business in Nigeria but the Nigerian Economy is too bad. Please anyone with help or can connect me to anyone on how to move out of this country will do me a great favor, I don’t know how to go about the visa thing or anyone there I know nothing about traveling out and I have come across so many fake agents. I’ll gladly appreciate any form of help from my Nigerian families. Thanks for the time �
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Are you student? What is your budget to travel. Can you afford the tuition and the process of travelling? Since you have been reading the thread you shld have an idea of how much it will cost

Godwinmoses25:
Please I have never been out of country before, and I don’t have anyone or family outside. Am a student and I have a business too here that am sustaining from and I have really worked hard to save. Am just 20yrs old and things are not really being funny because am all my mom depends on at the moment. I have dreams and visions, I have read so much thread on here about traveling, am so much interested in traveling to any country and am not concern about job any kind of work is fine, am a down to earth honest person and a very hardworking guy with good reputations. I tried to do some other business in Nigeria but the Nigerian Economy is too bad. Please anyone with help or can connect me to anyone on how to move out of this country will do me a great favor, I don’t know how to go about the visa thing or anyone there I know nothing about traveling out and I have come across so many fake agents. I’ll gladly appreciate any form of help from my Nigerian families. Thanks for the time �

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Godwinmoses25:

At 20 years why not focus on education.... once you can graduate well or focus on education, you be surprised on how there are some scholarships opportunities that can open doors. Even if it not UK but USA or other countries

Dont be in a hurry, life has its stages. Early 20s should be time for education in my opinion. If you have the money for UK university for Undergrad which is super expensive then go for it. ...... check the student thread as it rich with information regarding schools...If you dont then focus on schooling in nigeria and graduating well... your mum shouldnt really depend on you if you mean financial, that too much pressure to put on a 20 year. But maybe that not what you mean

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
LagosismyHome:

At 20 years why not focus on education.... once you can graduate well or focus on education, you be surprised on how there are some scholarships opportunities that can open doors. Even if it not UK but USA or other countries

Dont be in a hurry, life has its stages. Early 20s should be time for education in my opinion. If you have the money for UK university for Undergrad which is super expensive then go for it. ...... check the student thread as it rich with information regarding schools...If you dont then focus on schooling in nigeria and graduating well... your mum shouldnt really depend on you if you mean financial, that too much pressure to put on a 20 year. But maybe that not what you mean

Just like the lady advice above, it’s either you get yourself some education or get some skills (handwork/trade).... You are ambitious but this is not the right way to go about it....
if at 20yrs old your mum depends on you then you should be thinking of other things than travelling overseas. Unless you get a scholarship or a sponsor, it is really expensive.....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please Who lives around east London or Essex and does cooking services?. Ur services is required..
Please indicate( better soup oh no be all those yeye stew soup) not egusi+stew or afang+stew grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jayvallia:

Lol Oga stop arguing. Even if you are buying a land from your father, you are required to do your due diligence because situations change very quickly. Even if the king assures you that the land belongs to him you still need to go to the land registry and make findings. Trace the origin of the land and any contrary claims on it. After buying it you also register your purchase at the registry. Now your father has contacted a lawyer to sue the king. This could have been avoided if he had engaged a lawyer initially or atleast made the process easier for your father. The lawyer would have taken steps to make it difficult for another person to buy the land without losing their money. Now that money wey una no wan give lawyer una go give am x10.

Sorry for being rude. What steps can a lawyer take towards finding information that a land has been previously sold, that a normal person can’t do? Abi lawyers in Nigeria have super powers? Or a land database that the common man doesn’t have?

In uk, you are advised to get a lawyer to handle the agreement so there aren’t delays. Not so the lawyer will magically smell fraud, because The same questions the lawyer will ask is the same you will ask when doing due diligence. The same database the lawyers check, you can check it too. It’s not by force to have a lawyer inspect the property. Lawyers are only important when it’s time to draft agreements/contracts- which is still optional. Why must it be different in Nigeria? Buying land should be straightforward.

You’re insulting people that have been swindled and glorifying hardship/suffering just to make a claim that a lawyer should be involved. there should be laws in the country to prevent double sale or a database to allow the common man do due dilligence properly.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Na everyday una dey fight for this thread una no dey tire for arguments and insults?

And the bad thing is that you guys don't even take corrections just be arguing with no aim. Everyone wants to be correct.

I’m guilty of this. Sorry. I will be better grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Pls, is it really necessary to buy passport cover? Someone was insisting I get it to avoid damaging the chip.

Na so?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2020
One of Naija's fallacy .. I've heard that before and never used one

iCode2:
Pls, is it really necessary to buy passport cover? Someone was insisting I get it to avoid damaging the chip.

Na so?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

I heard some people are planning some explorations in kent. Just wanted to put it here that I live in Kent and open to scintillating explorations cheesy

Oga you’re loosing focus grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
LagosismyHome:
Problem dey for who no live for Kent ooo tongue tongue tongue

I swear!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
wallg123:
Please Who lives around east London or Essex and does cooking services?. Ur services is required..
Please indicate( better soup oh no be all those yeye stew soup) not egusi+stew or afang+stew grin

I know someone but she’s in Bristol and can deliver. Even me I’ve just sent my Christmas list to her. Better South South Cook.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Ash...
grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

I know someone but she’s in Bristol and can deliver. Even me I’ve just sent my Christmas list to her. Better South South Cook.

Wow south south are the best cheesy
Bristol is far ?
Before that food gets to Essex, I’d have died from starvation...lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
Susom:
Hello Lexusgs430, I am back to say thank you for assisting me with the house search in the Kent area even though I couldn't land any. I eventually got somewhere in Hayes, they were willing to take 6months rent ahead of the Tenancy. Settling in the UK on a Sole Representative Visa for a Nigerian Company has been so tough but all is fine now. I wish I registered on the electoral register as a student during my master.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

My dear Susom,it does look you have been had. they cannot collect advance rent in excess of 5 weeks rent.
The law changed in July 2019. I know you may not want to raise dust seeing how hard it was for you to get a place. But I m just putting it on record here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
iCode2:

Na so?

Lol, save your money.
I was once sent to work for my company abroad for a short period. One night I overdid the happy hour thing and lost my temporary ID card. For some reason I wasn't issued another for a very long time (almost until I was leaving) and had to use my passport to identify myself everyday. I carried that green piece of 32 worthless sheets of paper around in my front/back/inner pocket for some weeks, rough-handled it and got it twisted, sat on, bent, you-name it, and I still dey use am now.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
missjekyll:

My dear Susom,it does look you have been had. they cannot collect advance rent in excess of 5 weeks rent.
The law changed in July 2019. I know you may not want to raise dust seeing how hard it was for you to get a place. But I m just putting it on record here.

They cannot demand more than that, yes.
You can offer it in your desire to get a place.
After getting a couple of misfires, I offered to pay the next landlord 3 months upfront, and he quickly accepted. I was sitting in an Airbnb that would have become more expensive had I had to rent it by the week and needed to get a place fast. Willing offeror, willing acceptor.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Sorry for being rude. What steps can a lawyer take towards finding information that a land has been previously sold, that a normal person can’t do? Abi lawyers in Nigeria have super powers? Or a land database that the common man doesn’t have?

In uk, you are advised to get a lawyer to handle the agreement so there aren’t delays. Not so the lawyer will magically smell fraud, because The same questions the lawyer will ask is the same you will ask when doing due diligence. The same database the lawyers check, you can check it too. It’s not by force to have a lawyer inspect the property. Lawyers are only important when it’s time to draft agreements/contracts- which is still optional. Why must it be different in Nigeria? Buying land should be straightforward.

You’re insulting people that have been swindled and glorifying hardship/suffering just to make a claim that a lawyer should be involved. there should be laws in the country to prevent the double sale or a database to allow the common man to do due diligence properly.
It wont be too wise for me to derv too far into this land issues here it would not be fair on others, can you bring this topic to the property section? we have seasoned lawyers there and people who are well placed to respond to you! and yes lawyers have far more reach to search than the ordinary persons.Just bring it to the property section pls.
here
https://www.nairaland.com/377377/dont-victim-investigate-every-property

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Na everyday una dey fight for this thread una no dey tire for arguments and insults?

And the bad thing is that you guys don't even take corrections just be arguing with no aim. Everyone wants to be correct.

Have also noticed that there is a common denominator
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol, save your money.
I was once sent to work for my company abroad for a short period. One night I overdid the happy hour thing and lost my temporary ID card. For some reason I wasn't issued another for a very long time (almost until I was leaving) and had to use my passport to identify myself everyday. I carried that green piece of 32 worthless sheets of paper around in my front/back/inner pocket for some weeks, rough-handled it and got it twisted, sat on, bent, you-name it, and I still dey use am now.

‘Worthless’ 32 sheets that saved you from a tight spot and the repercussions of mild drunkenness. I know our Country has its issues but it’s not Worthless. Neither is it’s passport.

Let’s be mindful of our language please.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

They cannot demand more than that, yes.
You can offer it in your desire to get a place.
After getting a couple of misfires, I offered to pay the next landlord 3 months upfront, and he quickly accepted. I was sitting in an Airbnb that would have become more expensive had I had to rent it by the week and needed to get a place fast. Willing offeror, willing acceptor.

Like I said,I didnt want anyone reading this to feel this is something they have to do. I only paid a months rent as deposit. No fees of any kind. all that was scrapped last year. I also needed a reference from my employer. Finish.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

‘Worthless’ 32 sheets that saved you from a tight spot and the repercussions of mild drunkenness. I know our Country has its issues but it’s not Worthless. Neither is it’s passport.

It's my passport and it's my opinion.
It's worthless.
I've travelled around enough with it to form that opinion.
The Ghanaians whom we love to feel better than can go farther with their passport than we can.
Even Camerounians have a few more visa-free accesses than we have.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

It's my passport and it's my opinion.
It's worthless.
I've travelled around enough with it to form that opinion.
The Ghanaians whom we love to feel better than can go farther with their passport than we can.
Even Camerounians have a few more visa-free accesses than we have.

You’re right is definitely your opinion. I just think it’s ironic to be openly gaining Worth from a document you call worthless. I also think it’s unfortunate that your view of the worthiness of the passport has been distilled simply to how many countries you can access with it.

Not trying to change your mind, just calling out the fact that I think your reasoning is flawed. Of course it’s my opinion as well. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

You’re right is definitely your opinion. I just think it’s ironic to be openly gaining Worth from a document you call worthless. I also think it’s unfortunate that your view of the worthiness of the passport has been distilled simply to how many countries you can access with it.

Not trying to change your mind, just calling out the fact that I think your reasoning is flawed. Of course it’s my opinion as well. Cheers.

That's what passports are usually used for.
Accessing foreign countries.
Your reasoning is flawed, not mine.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

That's what passports are usually used for.
Accessing foreign countries.
Your reasoning is flawed, not mine.

Lol. Okay.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Wahalla for me wey no get passport... I beg make I shift grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

But it is worthless to him na..... grin. Who are we or anybody to tell you what is valuable or not

Mr A values university education and it has worked out , you can see Mr B or the Kardashian who dont have University degree e but it worked out for them. So ofcourse when you ask Mr B they would say uni degrees are worthless and rightly so if they feel that way

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.