Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1310275 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
LagosismyHome:

But it is worthless to him na..... grin. Who are we or anybody to tell you what is valuable or not

Mr A values university education and it has worked out , you can see Mr B or the Kardashian who dont have University degree e but it worked out for them. So ofcourse when you ask Mr B they would say uni degrees are worthless and rightly so if they feel that way

We will only tell those who say one thing with their mouth but their hands do something else sis! Talmabout it’s only used for ‘entry’! Yet when the going gets tough it can also double as ‘identification’ Come off it dear grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
If i talk now nah my shyte go smell pass dem go say I B OLD school and in reality many of dem senior me here, Green P worthless grin grin grin grin I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

It's my passport and it's my opinion.
It's worthless.
I've travelled around enough with it to form that opinion.
The Ghanaians whom we love to feel better than can go farther with their passport than we can.
Even Camerounians have a few more visa-free accesses than we have.
What do we call someone who uses a "worthless" piece of paper to identify himself/herself and also use it to travel?
Will that person be deemed "worthless"?
Na question I ask o.
My answer is yes - My opinion.
The passport belongs to the FRN and can be withdrawn at anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
dustydee:

What do we call someone who uses a "worthless" piece of paper to identify himself/herself and also use it to travel?
Na question I ask o.

Honorable minister off your mic cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
LagosismyHome:

If it government school, I doubt if anyone would even read it much so a paragraph or one sentence should be ok

Congrats to your child on going to big school

True. Thank you my sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
missjekyll:

My dear Susom,it does look you have been had. they cannot collect advance rent in excess of 5 weeks rent.
The law changed in July 2019. I know you may not want to raise dust seeing how hard it was for you to get a place. But I m just putting it on record here.

Some places ask for 6 months especially from international students because those students won’t have a guarantor. So I wouldn’t say that this person has been “had”.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol, save your money.
I was once sent to work for my company abroad for a short period. One night I overdid the happy hour thing and lost my temporary ID card. For some reason I wasn't issued another for a very long time (almost until I was leaving) and had to use my passport to identify myself everyday. I carried that green piece of 32 worthless sheets of paper around in my front/back/inner pocket for some weeks, rough-handled it and got it twisted, sat on, bent, you-name it, and I still dey use am now.

OmG I’m offended on behalf of Nigeria grin

Do you know that that green passport can allow you to enter Nigeria- seemlessly- no questions asked? Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Sorry ma. lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
erico2k2:
If i talk now nah my shyte go smell pass dem go say I B OLD school and in reality many of dem senior me here, Green P worthless grin grin grin grin I rest my case!

Who go wake u up ?. Go back to sleep Biko before u go raise hell grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
dustydee:

Na question I ask o.

That opinion too is worthless.
As a holder of that opinion, gives insight into the holder.

My opinion.

Modified: Perhaps all those defending the document should have asked first why the holder concluded the document was worthless (treatment received at a couple of Nigerian embassies) before reaching that realisation.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

‘Worthless’ 32 sheets that saved you from a tight spot and the repercussions of mild drunkenness. I know our Country has its issues but it’s not Worthless. Neither is it’s passport.

Let’s be mindful of our language please.

Hahaha I don’t think I’ve ever seen you vex on this page grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

That's what passports are usually used for.
Accessing foreign countries.
Your reasoning is flawed, not mine.

Ok no o, it’s an international form of identification. Accessing countries is a bonus based on relationship between countries. It’s just a bonus, not a right.

A “national” ID card is for the nation. A passport is for “interNation”. Whether or not you have access to other countries with your passport is based on diplomacy not the value (e.g an Israeli can’t go to most Islamic countries, doesn’t mean the passport has no value).

I just enjoyed your diss because I like insulting Nigeria until they Change the president.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Swiftlee(m): 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Who is in London? We plenty so?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

My opinion.

Modified: Perhaps all those defending the document should have asked first why the holder concluded the document was worthless (treatment received at a couple of Nigerian embassies) before reaching that realisation.

The immense joy I get when I see fight on nairaland grin this lockdown has done me strong thing. It’s like watching reality tv grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Ok no o, it’s an international form of identification. Accessing countries is a bonus based on relationship between countries. It’s just a bonus, not a right.

A “national” ID card is for the nation. A passport is for “interNation”. Whether or not you have access to other countries with your passport is based on diplomacy not the value (e.g an Israeli can’t go to most Islamic countries, doesn’t mean the passport has no value).

I just enjoyed your diss because I like insulting Nigeria until they Change the president.

Lol, not entirely correct.
As an "international form of identification", a passport is indeed solely intended for travel between countries.
Of course, some countries allow travel on other forms of identification, but when one goes to apply for a passport, the assumed intention is that borders are to be crossed therewith.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

My opinion.

Ok sir/ma. Sweet dreams. tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Mamatukwas U dey para this evening wetin happen grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol, not entirely correct.
As an "international form of identification", a passport is indeed solely intended for travel between countries.
Of course, some countries allow travel on other forms of identification, but when one goes to apply for a passport, the assumed intention is that borders are to be crossed therewith.
well, you also use it as ID. Two forms of ID mainly asked In the UK are Driver's License and Int Passport. nah the photo ID be at nothing more nothing less.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aphrodite007:

The immense joy I get when I see fight on nairaland grin this lockdown has done me strong thing. It’s like watching reality tv grin
No worry U go enter ring just now grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Swiftlee:
Present sir/ma I rep N8 and Se2, let's go! grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
wallg123:

Who go wake u up ?. Go back to sleep Biko before u go raise hell grin grin
I nor sleep oh, I dey the other thread wey adult full CC The property Section and Autos Range and Bimas.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Some places ask for 6 months especially from international students because those students won’t have a guarantor. So I wouldn’t say that this person has been “had”.
They need reporting!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
erico2k2:

You get olosho for SE2?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

You get olosho for SE2?
U don start ni

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Swiftlee(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
erico2k2:

E14 is the zone. cheesy
How have you been sir?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Swiftlee:

E14 is the zone. cheesy
How have you been sir?
That yeye place wey visitors nor fit park car. was at canary wharf 2 days ago
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
E be like. grin
Swiftlee:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
Pls House anyone knows wa gwan @ PHC Int airport? has it been opened yet cos them say dem close am ohhhhh abeg who get info
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
erico2k2:

Mamatukwas U dey para this evening wetin happen grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even me I’m not sure except that I REFUSE for anyone to unnecessarily drag the Country of my birth! Especially when they cannot do it with their full chest. Pikin no fine but e mama like am.

Nigeria is so many things but worthless is NOT one of them! I typically don’t have energy but on this matter, I have time and free data.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Hahaha I don’t think I’ve ever seen you vex on this page grin

Hehehe, have you forgotten that my weak attempt at vexing for the bros that came and wanted to divorce his wife soon after landing for refusal to ‘clean’ the house while pregnant amongst other indiscretions ; was definitely on the list of most annoying things I’d seen on this thread that year.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Even me I’m not sure except that I REFUSE for anyone to unnecessarily drag the Country of my birth! Especially when they cannot do it with their full chest. Pikin no fine but e mama like am.

Nigeria is so many things but worthless is NOT one of them! I typically don’t have energy but on this matter, I have time and free data.
You are right, this was why I was on it about doing business in 9ja still,9ja has loads of potential, one just need to step out of it and take a view from a hight just like going into the moon and look back at the earth!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
Susom:
Thank you I am fine. A friend might need a room next year but she works in Hayes if that's your location.

hello Susom, no sorry... i live london, the room i wanna rent is in east london precisely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.