Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,337 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1322799 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Let's not be our own racists sir.

Let agree on one thing first, na you come here come hustle or settle... Whether they like you or not, shouldnt be ur business...and shouldn't work you up. Else, you should leave. You can't do anything about other people's opinion of you...and if you keep making it a big deal, you'll lose focus of what brought you here in the first place.
They don't have to like or accept you...you don come be say you don come. Live freely, find your own happiness and don't GAF about what the next person thinks about you... So long they are not feeding or paying your bills.
Life no suppose hard bro... In like an hour away from London...and really, ive never encountered these racists...Maybe cos I dont take note of them... Or despite they not liking me, they can't come slap me.

Some evenings, when taking a stroll with family, we go intentionally occupy the entire walkway...cos of social distancing, they would want you to clear some space for them... But I no even dey send...me and my boy go spread full the walkway...those that have issues, will step down and walk along the road...sometimes probably with a squeezed face...maybe...but I no dey notice am.. I think you should do same guys. You'll be happier.

jesmond3945:
you see starring down as normal? It is a pity you have internalized racism and can't see unconcious bias or stereo typing when it is happening to you. The issue with the starring is when they see you their countenance will change but this was a jolly good fellow before now. Is like something about you put them off. Even the Nigeria scenario we most of the times mind our business or stare with admiration and not stare with anger and indignation as it is obtainable here like you are not wanted.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
God bless you sir/ma...

If I had read your post earlier, I for no bother dey speak all those plenty English.
Anything you find, you go see...summarily...lol

LagosismyHome:

If you are looking for racism then you will see it for sure.... if you are not then yes it normalized and doesnt mean anything . My kids school in London they are only 2 other blacks in their year for me it doesn't mean anything. They go through the same issues the next child has. Work wise it's always been mainly white. Las las UK is still predominantly white

2019 we did a lot of UK holiday package touring up and down to know UK well. Majority of the holiday I never saw a black person.....It was predominantly white. If you ask me if anyone starred at me or was racist. I cant say yes because I frankly dont notice such. I do my thing you do you thing and everyone is ok. However if you are conscious and start looking for racism you will see it . Rightly or wrongly ... how can you tell that the person is looking at you as if you are not wanted without words spoken ... it what you have chosen to internalise

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesmond3945: 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
Poch:
Let's not be our own racists sir.

Let agree on one thing first, na you come here come hustle or settle... Whether they like you or not, shouldnt be ur business...and shouldn't work you up. Else, you should leave. You can't do anything about other people's opinion of you...and if you keep making it a big deal, you'll lose focus of what brought you here in the first place.
They don't have to like or accept you...you don come be say you don come. Live freely, find your own happiness and don't GAF about what the next person thinks about you... So long they are not feeding or paying your bills.
Life no suppose hard bro... In like an hour away from London...and really, ive never encountered these racists...Maybe cos I dont take note of them... Or despite they not liking me, they can't come slap me.

Some evenings, when taking a stroll with family, we go intentionally occupy the entire walkway...cos of social distancing, they would want you to clear some space for them... But I no even dey send...me and my boy go spread full the walkway...those that have issues, will step down and walk along the road...sometimes probably with a squeezed face...maybe...but I no dey notice am.. I think you should do same guys. You'll be happier.

see my brother you are giving a good antedote on how to react which anyone can find handy. However, racism exists albeit subtle which is good because you are not in danger of being attacked because of your skin colour like it happens in the far east of the planet and also subtle racism can be internalized and normalized in that case you see it as normal but your mental health is being taxed, sometimes you get angry and unhappy for no reason or feel vulnerable when started at. Come to North East especially some villages and live for a while, you would understand what I mean.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Contra5(f): 12:08am On Dec 21, 2020
badboitarzy:

Not many black people here like that! When I used to take my kids to the park 90% of the times we the only black family or swimming they just stare. Its just weird. Went to the surgery for flu jab they try and create small chat where you from, isn't it dangerous where you come from will you go back.. May be it's me. Or security following you around in tesco. used to it now. Sha no one has officially been racist to me. Its just the stares.

But when I visit family in London or my paddy in bristol I don't feel uncomfortable.

To say the OP shouldn't consider his experience as racist is gaslighting. That you choose not too see an act of racism for what it is does not change it. I let things go if my peace isn't threatened but does that stop me from noticing change in body language when I enter a room or the sneaky stares.
We live legally in the UK, pay tax and NI - we may not be citizens but we do have rights. Firstly, right to human dignity. Please next time you are at Tesco confront the security guy with your observation and if it persists ask to speak with their Manager. Your mental health is too important for that BS!

It's difficult to even blame these folks because of behaviours exhibited by some of us. Why would anyone take up the "walk way" and say you don't "send" them?? And you ask why they stare at blacks? Being considerate even in little things such opening doors, leaving room for others in the walk way depicts good character. Our children should see us do such.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

If you are looking for racism then you will see it for sure.... if you are not then yes it normalized and doesnt mean anything . My kids school in London they are only 2 other blacks in their year for me it doesn't mean anything. They go through the same issues the next child has. Work wise it's always been mainly white. Las las UK is still predominantly white

2019 we did a lot of UK holiday package touring up and down to know UK well. Majority of the holiday I never saw a black person.....It was predominantly white. If you ask me if anyone starred at me or was racist. I cant say yes because I frankly dont notice such. I do my thing you do you thing and everyone is ok. However if you are conscious and start looking for racism you will see it . Rightly or wrongly ... how can you tell that the person is looking at you as if you are not wanted without words spoken ... it what you have chosen to internalise

My dear, I actually enjoy the attention.
“Please stare at me baby, stare more! wink Y’all will never have beautiful dark skin like mine!”

I just prefer to see the cup half full!

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:24am On Dec 21, 2020
Contra5:

To say the OP shouldn't consider his experience as racist is gaslighting. That you choose not too see an act of racism for what it is does not change it. I let things go if my peace isn't threatened but does that stop me from noticing change in body language when I enter a room or the sneaky stares.
We live legally in the UK, pay tax and NI - we may not be citizens but we do have rights. Firstly, right to human dignity. Please next time you are at Tesco confront the security guy with your observation and if it persists ask to speak with their Manager. Your mental health is too important for that BS!

It's difficult to even blame these folks because of behaviours exhibited by some of us. Why would anyone take up the "walk way" and say you don't "send" them?? And you ask why they stare at blacks? Being considerate even in little things such opening doors, leaving room for others in the walk way depicts good character. Our children should see us do such.

Sometimes this thing is in ones mind.... using tesco as an example. Yes there profiling sure and some blacks feel more targetted in police stop and search.

But the same tesco security is also following whites and other people in the store......so why are you offended. Isnt that what he paid to do. It is his job...... If he follows you and your hands are clean no problem he follows the next target. In a town where no black then his observation moves to the next person that fits a profile within let say the white community.....
frankly he just doing his job.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:25am On Dec 21, 2020
If I recall, cooling off was only for Tier 2 applicants. That's why Tier 4 gets additional 4 months to look for sponsorship.

Poch:
Not sure this is automatic.
Infact many employers run away from sponsorship.
And not all organizations can sponsor...they have to be registered sponsors...
So it will be helpful to have that at the back of your mind.

You no longer have to go back to your country for the cooling off period as used to...I think it's been stopped.
Brexit is helping relax some things...

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:30am On Dec 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Sometimes this thing is in ones mind.... using tesco as an example. Yes there profiling sure and some blacks feel more targetted in police stop and search.

But the same tesco security is also following whites and other people in the store......so why are you offended. Isnt that what he paid to do. It is his job...... If he follows you and your hands are clean no problem he follows the next target. In a town where no black then his observation moves to the next person that fits a profile within let say the white community.....frankly he just doing his job.

Haha! My husband sparked one day that there’s one security that’s always stopping him at Sainsbury’s grin grin

He jokingly said that he would have reported him for racism, but didn’t know how to explain that a black man was racist to him. grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:32am On Dec 21, 2020
Interestingly if the company wants you, they wouldn't mind bearing the cost of sponsorship.

dustydee:

Unfortunately most companies do not understand the immigration rules including Tier 2. Added to that is the extra cost to the company, so many stay away. I think there was a time the rule was changed such that you could not switch in country or maybe it was a proposal.
Anyone on post study should endeavour to move to another type of visa as soon as they can since that visa will not count towards ILR unless ivia the 10 yr route.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:33am On Dec 21, 2020
Contra5:

Fair point about the walk-way, as I wouldn’t tolerate that but I think the OP was exaggerating (I hope).

However I don’t agree with your opinion that because we live legally and pay taxes that we have the right to force them to like us. Whether they are staring at you with admiration or disdain, you should just ignore. If however they dare to come close to you to say pim.. dial me, I will come fight for you!

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:37am On Dec 21, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Haha! My husband sparked one day that there’s one security that’s always stopping him at Sainsbury’s grin grin

He jokingly said that he would have reported him for racism, but didn’t know how to explain that a black man was racist to him. grin

I know it can be annoying...but dont think for one second that all day , all year the security man follow only a black man. Once that black man leaves the store his work is done then he can do facebook all day.

The same way he stops a black , other race are stopped and watched ...... check the news, they catch white cheating the self service daily .. they are followed and monitored as well . Even recently one white policeman was caught after scanning carrots to buy doughnuts .

The security man is there to justify his salary and appear to be working or protecting sainsbury rightly or wrong . I believe they stop/ monitor all race , maybe some than others but where is the data evidence to support that

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2020
Poch:
No try am sha... Except you want your bank to charge you incredible rates. Besides there is now a monthly spending limit of about £200 for almost all naija banks.

Best is to find someone to help with your exchange directly... Requires trust too...
NHS sponsored Nigerians in certain trusts/regions/agencies etc no too get wahala...cos they usually have their whatsapp/telegram groups where they make these requests...and they help each other out with very fair rates.

If NL has something similar, abeg share with us.

This is not true bro. Using your naija ATM in Uk is far more better than exchanging your Naira for pounds. I use my Naira account Atm to do online shopping out here and the rate is very good the last time got N565= £1 while it was 630 In the black market. I think the maximum amount for online transactions is £200 and this differs from bank to bank. ATM withdrawals allows you to withdraw £300 daily and you get a fairly good rate than black market and I think it £3000 monthly!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 1:10am On Dec 21, 2020
Wow! If this is true... Then it should be some fantastic insight. Twuld even save one some significant cash... I'll verify the rate difference you just mentioned. Thanks for pointing this out...as my last experience wasnt this interesting.

Tobexin:
This is not true bro. Using your naija ATM in Uk is far more better than exchanging your Naira for pounds. I use my Naira account Atm to do online shopping out here and the rate is very good the last time got N565= £1 while it was 630 In the black market. I think the maximum amount for online transactions is £200 and this differs from bank to bank. ATM withdrawals allows you to withdraw £300 daily and you get a fairly good rate than black market and I think it £3000 monthly!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Contra5(f): 1:23am On Dec 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

But the same tesco security is also following whites and other people in the store......so why are you offended. Isnt that what he paid to do. It is his job...... If he follows you and your hands are clean no problem he follows the next target. In a town where no black then his observation moves to the next person that fits a profile within let say the white community.....

I understand what you mean. To be honest, I've never been followed or stopped in any of the Tesco's stores around here. Should it happen tomorrow, I'd definitely have a conversation with the security - to know why am being followed. Imagine being followed everytime you are in a particular store because it's a predominantly white community - you had better be watching me 50m away.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Contra5(f): 1:25am On Dec 21, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Fair point about the walk-way, as I wouldn’t tolerate that but I think the OP was exaggerating (I hope).

However I don’t agree with your opinion that because we live legally and pay taxes that we have the right to force them to like us. Whether they are staring at you with admiration or disdain, you should just ignore. If however they dare to come close to you to say pim.. dial me, I will come fight for you!

I hope so too! Being treated with dignity is not "forcing them to like us". I have no desire to force anyone to like me/us.  I'm good with being civil to one another. Definitely! Especially ones that only a Greek goddess can resolve �.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 1:31am On Dec 21, 2020
Lol... First of all, I go to Tesco almost every other day... Have one less than a mile from me...and have never noticed any racist behavior from anyone. Even the security have been very friendly and professional.

Secondly, when I talked about taking up the walkway, I am sure you should get the metaphor in that statement. It would be senile for anyone to stretch and cover up the walkway from others to pass...that should even be a criminal offense.
My point was clearly to keep walking normally as supposed...and the racist few that feel too worthy of walking close to a black man on same pavement would step down and take the road...lol
Others pass easily bros... Life no too difficult...lets take it easy.

The book, 7 habits of highly effective people by Steve Covey talks about cycle of influence (things you have control over) and cycle of concern (things you have zero control over).
Getting people to like, respect or see you as equal is totally in your cycle of concern. You can do absolutely nothing about it...even you complain forever...so long they don't verbally or physically abuse you...it remains their problem. How you deal with such situations makes you a happier and better person. Thats all I'm trying to pass across... And I wish Africans can start imbibing such mentality.
Check out the Hispanics/Asians... Dont you just love them? They don't GAF about what anyone thinks of them...their culture, food...accent...stature etc...and they are succeeding massively in the UK! lol... Easy really does it my friend...really

Contra5:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 1:38am On Dec 21, 2020
Tobexin:

Things have changed.
Most banks cap their monthly allowances at the equivalent of $200, not GBP 200 and they mostly use the official exchange rate, apart from Access Bank which is notorious for using variable exchange rates.
None allows a spend of £3000 monthly, that one na capital flight.
Standard Chartered has one of the best allowances of up to $500 in online transactions, inclusive of a maximum of $200 that can be withdrawn in cash abroad.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 1:42am On Dec 21, 2020
Madam... You dey burst my brain...
How else can we sound this home.
If you follow me too much...I go ask you to show me where them dey sell tissue...and could even strike up conversations from there... If you are not guilty...go about doing your thing...

I went shopping at the nearest primark outlet...wanted to send stuffs home... I carry ecolacc bag cos I was shopping plenty... Csnt deal with those paper bags primark gives...

I carry my bag from one floor to the other buying stuffs and offloading them into the box...
I was conscious of my action...but I had alresdy asked and they said it was fine. Security was everywhere but I didn't care if they wee observing me or not...(They even caught people (whites) who stole that day)... When I shop finish...went to the pay point...open up my box and was accounted for... I paid in full and left...
If anybody been ask me question, I'll confidently explain my actions...besides I had alresdy confirmed it wasn't a crime... Easy does it. You no kill person...na travel you travel.

LagosismyHome:

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 1:49am On Dec 21, 2020
Thankfully I didn't need to reply you before you made some defence for me stating that it must be an exergeration...and you are right... You can't just block an entire walkway and prevent people from passing...then you can even be reported to the police and mental health guys...lol

Let's not take things too seriously... I understand different personalities and all that... But make people try dey calm down...esp over issues you have no control over... God bless us...Las Las.

Aphrodite007:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 1:55am On Dec 21, 2020
Funny I didn't read this before sharing my primark story.
I just enjoy reading from you...
If you and aphrodite mentor migrants... Racism would probably have been a very boring subject of discussion by now...

UK is even decent... I wonder what one would say about the US.

LagosismyHome:

I know it can be annoying...but dont think for one second that all day , all year the security man follow only a black man. Once that black man leaves the store his work is done then he can do facebook all day.

The same way he stops a black , other race are stopped and watched ...... check the news, they catch white cheating the self service daily .. they are followed and monitored as well . Even recently one white policeman was caught after scanning carrots to buy doughnuts .

The security man is there to justify his salary and appear to be working or protecting sainsbury rightly or wrong . I believe they stop/ monitor all race , maybe some than others but where is the data evidence to support that

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 1:59am On Dec 21, 2020
You don kill the small happiness wey I been don dey gather... Will still confirm sha...

All this HR people sef... Una don find us reach forum too?

TheGuyFromHR:

Things have changed.
Most banks cap their monthly allowances at the equivalent of $200, not GBP 200 and they mostly use the official exchange rate, apart from Access Bank which is notorious for using variable exchange rates.
None allows a spend of £3000 monthly, that one na capital flight.
Standard Chartered has one of the best allowances of up to $500 in online transactions, inclusive of a maximum of $200 that can be withdrawn in cash abroad.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by badboitarzy(m): 2:16am On Dec 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

At all ooh I thought it was only me. But my madam noticed the same thing here were we live. Also during the black lives matter there was a small protest gathering here in Plymouth. And when people spoke of indiscriminate racist incidents like being followed by security guardsI knew I was not mad and not the only one.
Yes the tesco thing is only one security guard I notice does it. I'm not out here looking for trouble I just do my thing jeje pay leave but I observe it is only one security guard that does it.
I've been travelling to UK for holidays from my undergraduate days in naija and I'm always in London etc I do not feel uncomfortable.
Like sometimes the neighbours would peep and see what we doing it is funny from the curtain. Cos you know Africans can be loud and when I walk my children back from school we laugh sometimes I chase them on our street we just Jovial. I do try and integrate some people lovely.

Like I said it's just that this place is not very multicultural. I have made a few oyibo and Asian friends but I do notice the stare sometimes.

Anyway by God's grace sept next year after my masters hopefully we move to somewhere more multicultural.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:20am On Dec 21, 2020
Contra5:

I hope so too! Being treated with dignity is not "forcing them to like us". I have no desire to force anyone to like me/us.  I'm good with being civil to one another. Definitely! Especially ones that only a Greek goddess can resolve �.

Heeei God o, oga im a married woman o- you shouldn’t make me blush like this grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 3:45am On Dec 21, 2020
badboitarzy:

At all ooh I thought it was only me. But my madam noticed the same thing here were we live. Also during the black lives matter there was a small protest gathering here in Plymouth. And when people spoke of indiscriminate racist incidents like being followed by security guardsI knew I was not mad and not the only one.
Yes the tesco thing is only one security guard I notice does it. I'm not out here looking for trouble I just do my thing jeje pay leave but I observe it is only one security guard that does it.
I've been travelling to UK for holidays from my undergraduate days in naija and I'm always in London etc I do not feel uncomfortable.
Like sometimes the neighbours would peep and see what we doing it is funny from the curtain. Cos you know Africans can be loud and when I walk my children back from school we laugh sometimes I chase them on our street we just Jovial. I do try and integrate some people lovely.

Like I said it's just that this place is not very multicultural. I have made a few oyibo and Asian friends but I do notice the stare sometimes.

Anyway by God's grace sept next year after my masters hopefully we move to somewhere more multicultural.

Thank you.

Lol, neighbours peeping from behind the curtains is a Very British Thing.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 3:46am On Dec 21, 2020
Poch:
You don kill the small happiness wey I been don dey gather... Will still confirm sha...

All this HR people sef... Una don find us reach forum too?

Ah ah - you don't want to be found? Ok o. I'll headhunt elsewhere then.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:25am On Dec 21, 2020
badboitarzy:

Thank you.

I hear you racism dey.. they spoke about the guards but you were all one race in that event .... If you ask all races they too have their experience. It also possible that the guard in that particular store is racist no doubt.... highly possible . Racism does exist worldwide... FACT ..... But what you cant control, as you said you jejely pay, do you and waka pass.

Curtain: not to paint all oyibo with the same brush but a lot quietly no they mind them business. Them like story pass anything be it at home or in the work place. Anything you dont want repeated you zip it. You tell one you told all... na story them dey find ....na them way

London is better in terms of multicultural but e get e own wahala too when it comes to raising children. Been in city , children no dey like to stay house and then it open to stories that touch in terms of stabbing innocently or been part of it..... each place gets its + or - .

Truly, there nothing like been with your kind that why you see some areas been predominantly Black or Asian or Eastern European. Them people just flock to be around each other. I get that .... I missed that I never had the experience of been on a team with a black colleague, it use to make me miss home especially when I just came because I dey quick tire for oyibo gist and banter but that too get it's own downside.... work plenty with our people... storyand wahala up and down... Stay in an area highly populated with our Naija people ... you self will see story still dey. .... + and -

I went to see a friend in Erith last weekend she said she didnt have food at house but there are naija food to order on uber eat. That was so nice and strange at the same time...lol. naija food to order easily was a strange music to my ears. How nice is that .... some of the perks if you stay were your people dey .

Hopefully you move and get a better experience....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 6:34am On Dec 21, 2020
It is well cry

LagosismyHome:

Truly this 2020 has been something else.... just when I too was looking towards celebrating Christmas with 3 households the government announces last minute lockdown rules and puts London in Tier 4 sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2020
The year has just been so tough. I was just hoping she could have a bit of fun for a change. I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry though.

mimilyrics:
You had mind o grin Went the last year with my LO but I didn't even bother making plans for this year to avoid stories that touch even though my LO was hoping that I would change my mind.
And now I can't have family over because we are in tier 4.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:44am On Dec 21, 2020
I was speaking with my elder brother In Nigeria yesterday and he mentioned that one will not be able to get register a new number In Nigeria again that registered ones has to be linked to national ID now.

Has anybody here heard about this ?

I still have my Nigerian number which I use occasionally because my bank account is linked to it.

I don’t have Nigeria national ID apart from my passport.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 6:47am On Dec 21, 2020
You couldn’t have said it any better ma’am. Just last week, I posted a video of my LO and her classmates singing on my WhatsApp status. One of my contacts buzzed me and pointed out that the black kids were put in the second line and it was racism. I frankly told her I didn’t notice and it means nothing to me. I even went ahead to show her other classes in the same school where the dark skinned kids were in front but she still maintained her stance.

I simply just left her to it. When one doesn’t pay heed to trivial things, then life gets a lot more uncomplicated.

LagosismyHome:

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2020
mimilyrics:
You had mind o grin Went the last year with my LO but I didn't even bother making plans for this year to avoid stories that touch even though my LO was hoping that I would change my mind.
And now I can't have family over because we are in tier 4.
Just to be sure I'm not mistaking, what's the meaning of LO? Little one?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2020
justwise:
I was speaking with my elder brother In Nigeria yesterday and he mentioned that one will not be able to get register a new number In Nigeria again that registered ones has to be linked to national ID now.

Has anybody here heard about this ?

I still have my Nigerian number which I use occasionally because my bank account is linked to it.

I don’t have Nigeria national ID apart from my passport.

The part about inability to register a new number without an NIN is true, and basically settled - the public is still shouting at the lousy government over the hasty and unthought-through decision to link existing numbers to NINs before year end. Remains to be seen what the outcome will be.

I too still maintain my MTN number because it's linked to my bank accounts back home, so am following the debate closely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.