Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306563 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
I just saw this on my LinkedIn page and I was filled with joy at the handwork and recognition of hardworking Nigerian but at the same time I was sad for the bad reputation of Nigerians.....
Hope this encourages someone here or back home ....

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
flinton:

UK O.Gs will suggest better on the laptop purchase issue
About monzo, I am sharing my experience, I have a binance account verified nd registered bk home, when I came here I attempted a withdrawal, it went through, since I hv been using it as a conduit

What’s up bro. Sure you doing great. I tried withdrawing pound from binance but it didn’t go through, any idea why it’s showing available balance 0? How did you do yours. You just tried it and it went through or you had to change currency or something. I am yet to get my Monzo card as it’s on the way. But I want to have it all sorted. Any advice please. Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MissOwaa: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
Please I need help, I’m new here �
Don’t really know how to go about asking.
I’m a Physics Education Graduate with TRCN Certification.
I am Waiting for The lockdown on schools to be lifted so I can complete my Masters in Educational Psychology. I just have my external defense left. I have more than 4 years as a physics teacher in Nigeria though in a private school and I have a year plus experience as an educational psychologist working with students.
Please how can I apply to the U.K. as A teacher and what do I need to help aid the process. Thank you. [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by flinton(m): 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Chreze:

What’s up bro. Sure you doing great. I tried withdrawing pound from binance but it didn’t go through, any idea why it’s showing available balance 0? How did you do yours. You just tried it and it went through or you had to change currency or something. I am yet to get my Monzo card as it’s on the way. But I want to have it all sorted. Any advice please. Thanks in advance.
The 1st time I performed a withdrawal, and I noticed it took a longer time(close to an hr) before I received it in my monzo account, subsequent withdrawals were seemless, if u just performed the transaction just give it sometime, I hope u didn't do big money move?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2020
Chreze:

To add my 2cents on the Binance platform, you can also do this (if you are not already aware):

1. On the platform, buy a crypto (USDT / BUSD / BTC / Ethereum etc.) with the Naira
2, Go to Trade, then P2P, change the currency at the top right hand corner from NGN / xx currency to GBP
3. Since you intend to sell the crypto for GBP, switch to Sell at the top left corner; this will bring peers that want to trade with you.
4. Look for a peer with a rate you are comfortable with, and one that has executed trades, then transact.
5. Transactions can be done through Paypal or Bank transfer.

I have done it a few times without issues and i was comfortable with the rate at the end. This is just an advice though wink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:51am On Dec 31, 2020
omopapa:
Welcome to the party.

I took the Oxford vaccine since 15th of June.

Yes! I’m part of the “guinea pigs” grin

Baba you get mind oo grin cheesy, come share the money for us now. Do give away
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 3:02am On Dec 31, 2020
davide470:
To add my 2cents on the Binance platform, you can also do this (if you are not already aware):

1. On the platform, buy a crypto (USDT / BUSD / BTC / Ethereum etc.) with the Naira
2, Go to Trade, then P2P, change the currency at the top right hand corner from NGN / xx currency to GBP
3. Since you intend to sell the crypto for GBP, switch to Sell at the top left corner; this will bring peers that want to trade with you.
4. Look for a peer with a rate you are comfortable with, and one that has executed trades, then transact.
5. Transactions can be done through Paypal or Bank transfer.

I have done it a few times without issues and i was comfortable with the rate at the end. This is just an advice though wink

Thanks man. I love the fact that u used red at the end. Hehehehe. We both know y...thanks my brother

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 3:13am On Dec 31, 2020
flinton:

The 1st time I performed a withdrawal, and I noticed it took a longer time(close to an hr) before I received it in my monzo account, subsequent withdrawals were seemless, if u just performed the transaction just give it sometime, I hope u didn't do big money move?

Thing is I have not done any withdrawal. I am just testing it while I am waiting for my Monzo card to be delivered. I selected cash as my withdraw option. To withdraw, after I change currency to GBP, I noticed that the available balance is showing zero when I selected GBP unlike when you select naira and it will show the naira available and you select the amount you want to withdraw.

Please can you explained how you did yours. The process used. Thanks man
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by flinton(m): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2020
Chreze:

Thing is I have not done any withdrawal. I am just testing it while I am waiting for my Monzo card to be delivered. I selected cash as my withdraw option. To withdraw, after I change currency to GBP, I noticed that the available balance is showing zero when I selected GBP unlike when you select naira and it will show the naira available and you select the amount you want to withdraw.

Please can you explained how you did yours. The process used. Thanks man
Alright
Under fiat market, select GBP

Sell btc for GBP

Head to withdrawal, select fiat u will then see your available currencies for withdrawal( in this case u will see naira and GBP)

Select GBP and setup your receiving account details. END

If i understood you, u thought your available naira will be converted to pounds, I don't think so. It's treated like a coin on binance
Since there is no GBP/NGN ticker, u hv to trade your naira for any assets under the GBP market like btc and and sell the assets for GBP, then withdraw the GBP to your British Bank account

I hope this is helpful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Oh okay. I didn’t know you knew them. That’s terrible. Hopefully she gets her kids back at some point.

She could have handed it better because at the end I feel for her. Must be traumatizing separating kids from mother

For him... he met his own karma workwise

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5839727/Love-struck-GP-suspended-year-bombarding-patient-texts.html
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2020
You guys doing btc with your Monzo or other bank accounts please don't come and lament when the banks decides to part ways with you oh.

I think revolut is the only btc friendly bank I am aware of.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by flinton(m): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2020
wonlasewonimi:
You guys doing btc with your Monzo or other bank accounts please don't come and lament when the banks decides to part ways with you oh.

I think revolut is the only btc friendly bank I am aware of.
Panic not sir

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:04am On Dec 31, 2020
flinton:

Panic not sir

Ok o enjoy the life of your head. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by flinton(m): 10:06am On Dec 31, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Ok o enjoy the life of your head. cheesy
Hehehe
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2020
Hehehe see setup grin

fatima04:

Baba you get mind oo grin cheesy, come share the money for us now. Do give away
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2020
I did it for us, people of colour

kode12:

How much dem pay you?
You don grow third eye or any super powers since you take am?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:44am On Dec 31, 2020
What doesn’t kill you only makes u stronger tongue

Uzland:

Wow!shocked Glad you're alive to share this testimony.cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TrumpsWall: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2020
I hate that term as if white is not a colour. lipsrsealed

omopapa:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2020
omopapa:
Welcome to the party.

I took the Oxford vaccine since 15th of June.

Yes! I’m part of the “guinea pigs” grin

No wonder you opened Omopapa BDC. grin

Good one, well done.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uzland: 11:45am On Dec 31, 2020
omopapa:

True.smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
omopapa:

Not in every case, an accident that leaves you disabled doesn't make you any stronger

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
flinton:

Alright
Under fiat market, select GBP

Sell btc for GBP

Head to withdrawal, select fiat u will then see your available currencies for withdrawal( in this case u will see naira and GBP)

Select GBP and setup your receiving account details. END

If i understood you, u thought your available naira will be converted to pounds, I don't think so. It's treated like a coin on binance
Since there is no GBP/NGN ticker, u hv to trade your naira for any assets under the GBP market like btc and and sell the assets for GBP, then withdraw the GBP to your British Bank account

I hope this is helpful

100% correct, was trying to see possibility of just sending from naira. But this is fine. Thanks bro.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2020
LagosismyHome:

She could have handed it better because at the end I feel for her. Must be traumatizing separating kids from mother

For him... he met his own karma workwise

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5839727/Love-struck-GP-suspended-year-bombarding-patient-texts.html

Na Wa! Looks like he’s in Canada now. Hopefully he hasn’t carried his bad behavior there. It is well.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
Wahala for who dey colour blind o angry

TrumpsWall:
I hate that term as if white is not a colour. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
Hehehehe na hustle o, buying and selling plus forex

dustydee:

No wonder you opened Omopapa BDC. grin

Good one, well done.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
He's currently unable to practice there because he didn't declare the UK issue during his Canadian registration renewal.
Mamatukwas:

Na Wa! Looks like he’s in Canada now. Hopefully he hasn’t carried his bad behavior there. It is well.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2020
mimilyrics:
He's currently unable to practice there because he didn't declare the UK issue during his Canadian registration renewal.

Wow ...really , is that the current situation?..... Jeez .

This abroad, you just have to do it right oooo, if not some wrong choices have long lasting consequences

How would he feed him and his children...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
According to the included link, yes. https://doctors.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDetails/Uzoh-Chizoba-Christopher/0311669-111043
As in, abroad is not like Nigeria where so many things are overlooked or swept under the carpet. Good behaviour is key.
LagosismyHome:

This abroad, you just have to do it right oooo, if not some wrong choices have long lasting consequences

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Who knows how many people back home in Nigeria depends on him for survival......

Within a year of getting his licence to practice for Uk, u want go chop something angry grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by flinton(m): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2020
Chreze:

100% correct, was trying to see possibility of just sending from naira. But this is fine. Thanks bro.
Uw man
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
omopapa:

Baba you never answer the question oh! How much you collect? Your December don detty for you low key!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2020
mimilyrics:

Wawu!!! Mehn this fellows sins are really haunting him. I read through and shuddered. Almost feeling sorry for him, I wonder how he is surviving. He should go and ask the people he offended for forgiveness, this amount of bad luck is abnormal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.