Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308363 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kcmontez: 12:30am On Mar 04, 2021
Hello guys

Can someone explain the rules of quarantine? Can someone go outside to take pictures or not?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Luchiano54: 3:07am On Mar 04, 2021
Hello,Nairalanders.
Does anyone have any knowledge about Carlisle in England?
Does it have a black community?
Are there African shops available?
Just general information about the place will really go a long way as the person currently lives in Northern Ireland but would like to relocate to England,North or Midlands, preferably.
Specific locations in this area are also welcome.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rheminix(m): 3:35am On Mar 04, 2021
famzynet:

It seems checking through the bank works for only those that have previously got captured for NIN.
thank u famzynet u're the smart one. That's why I didn't respond.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rheminix(m): 3:37am On Mar 04, 2021
famzynet:

There are centres for NIN in London and Leicester city. But the close spaces comes up every now and then due to covid. Try iq-online.net if you could book closer date. It £40
God bless u sir. This is what I anticipated, many thanks brother.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2021
Travelling to the UK?......

Watch this interview with Virgin Atlantic representative........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mndA7oKIBPo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:07am On Mar 04, 2021
kcmontez:
Hello guys

Can someone explain the rules of quarantine? Can someone go outside to take pictures or not?

No you can't.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

No you can't.

Shouldn’t.

No they “shouldn’t” not “can’t”.

They have muscles in their legs so they CAN do whatever they want. But they shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2021
kcmontez:
Hello guys

Aphrodite007:

Shouldn’t.

No they “shouldn’t” not “can’t”.

They have muscles in their legs so they CAN do whatever they want. But they shouldn’t.

That question says..can i not should i. I don't know where you are coming from with this argument.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olumanja: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2021
I saw user pay fee for £55
Aphrodite007:

I like you, you have plenty money. After spending on visa and ihs, you still want to spend. Please do give away for us.

The answer will depend on the visa. If you’re in Nigeria, you’ll pay your flight and anointing oil for prayers. If in UK, no shaking.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
wallg123:
When I’m I going to win this UK lotto?
Who Sabi person wey done win before ?
Almost every month I dey play only thing I done win na £35 and lucky dip.
I need to win at least £1m make I go marry my 2nd wife ......
If u Sabi the lucky number let me know @Lexusgs430 grin

Why not use the money to invest in stocks on a monthly basis for the long term. Playing the lottery has made a lot of people poorer.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
marylandcakes:

Why not use the money to invest in stocks on a monthly basis for the long term. Playing the lottery has made a lot of people poorer.

Can I really invest such little amounts (like 4£, 8£ etc ) on stocks?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MarketDispatch: 12:14am On Mar 05, 2021
marylandcakes:

Come and show us how to invest 4 quid or 8 quid meant for lottery on Stocks pls.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:09am On Mar 05, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

That question says..can i not should i. I don't know where you are coming from with this argument.

Someone cannot just speak without you thinking it’s fight. Nawa!

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:13am On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Come and show us how to invest 4 quid or 8 quid meant for lottery on Stocks pls.

You can actually invest as little as £1 in stocks. All you get is fractional shares top companies listed on major stock exchanges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MarketDispatch: 6:37am On Mar 05, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

You can actually invest as little as £1 in stocks. All you get is fractional shares top companies listed on major stock exchanges.

Provide details.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chrisj2(m): 7:42am On Mar 05, 2021
kcmontez:
Hello guys

One of those questions, hey? I tried really hard not to bite on this one until Aphrodite came with semantics on the issue.

Why do people ask these questions when they can easily find out from government website or other places on the internet?

Secondly, what does the questioner mean by outside? I immediately thought, the person wanted to go out in the yard - front or back to take pictures of whatever, himself, herself, birds and the bees etc. The answer to that is Yes, but why couldn't the questioner be more specific.

As to the fact that the person can do whatever but should not is just splitting hairs - it does not address the question at all. So, Team Justwise wins on this issue.

* Yes, we can break the law but shouldn't is not good advice!

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:44am On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Very easy. You can buy fractional shares and every month increase your equity.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:46am On Mar 05, 2021
RalphJean:

Can I really invest such little amounts (like 4£, 8£ etc ) on stocks?

Oh yes you can.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:51am On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

You can invest that even in penny shares, download trading 212 app or any those apps and set it up, you will be allowed to trade with virtual money just to understand how it works before getting your real money involved.

Many penny shares are less than one $, even expensive shares like Amazon, Tesla etc you can buy a fraction of it and watch it grow hopefully to a Sigle share depending on how the company performs.

Though this sort of investment is for the future..

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:55am On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Provide details.

Firstly open an account with one of the free commission stock brokers . Eg freetrade , trading212, coinage etc then you go from there.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Provide details.

If you have a revolut account, click on the second tab on the bottom of the screen known as wealth. Complete the necessary information and move money into the wealth account. You can start buying stocks US stocks bit by bit. This is just to get your feet wet. Once you get the hang of it, you can register on trading platforms such as trading212, freetrade or etoro. FYI, trading212 is currently not accepting new registrations as they have too much customers right now.
Just to warn you, it is addictive as every penny you have you would want to invest it.

For stocks and shares ISA, I also use Vanguard for ETFs - Exchange traded Funds such as S&P 500, FTSE100 etc. These are index of stocks from various top companies listed on the stock exchange.

For investing in startups, I use crowdcube and seedrs

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Thanks for the app recommendation guys, I've been looking for UK alternative to bamboo and chaka...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
DisGuy:
Thanks for the app recommendation guys, I've been looking for UK alternative to bamboo and chaka...

Were you able to download trading 212? Couple of my mates i introduced it to during gamestop madness was unable to download.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AlphaSoul: 2:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lexusgs430:

In the UK, if going through a divorce. The name change plays 0% part in anything............

If the husband likes, he should only buy the property or properties, in his name only........

His wàhálà....... The wife still bearing her father's name, is still entitled to 50% of marital assets (as a starting point)....... grin

So to what end is all the wàhálà...... Would the name change - :

- Increase their love
- Increase their amount kids
- Increase his/her libido
- Increase their wealth
- Increase their debt
- Increase their credit.......... cool cheesy
+1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
justwise:

Were you able to download trading 212? Couple of my mates i introduced it to during gamestop madness was unable to download.

Not yet. Just noted it down for later. But I can see on the description it says they've stopped on boarding due to demand
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
justwise:

They want to start charging in April, so, they put a stop to all new resgistrations. They know people will register to use up the new ISA benefit in the new finacial year.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Estroller: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
Care to share what you look out for when investing in startups?

wonlasewonimi:

For investing in startups, I use crowdcube and seedrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
Estroller:
Care to share what you look out for when investing in startups?

On the web app, the promoters pitch their ideas and everything they have done up to that moment. It is about taking risks; hence they always tell you Capital is at risk.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

They want to start charging in April, so, they put a stop to all new resgistrations. They know people will register to use up the new ISA benefit in the new finacial year.

DisGuy:

Not yet. Just noted it down for later. But I can see on the description it says they've stopped on boarding due to demand

Interesting..i hope they get serious competition because they are getting greedy now, they still take certain % of your share when you sell and now they want to charge for using the app. The ISA side doesn't have too many companies listed there, sometimes you see a promising share in the invest side but it will not be available in ISA

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2021
justwise:

Interesting..i hope they get serious competition because they are getting greedy now, they still take certain % of your share when you sell and now they want to charge for using the app. The ISA side doesn't have too many companies listed there, sometimes you see a promising share in the invest side but it will not be available in ISA

They are now very greedy after seeing how people signed up to them after Gamestop saga. I just wish totally fee free platforms like Rbinhood and webull come over to this side for more competition. From what I gathered, even with the fee they are going to be charging when you buy and sell, they are still quite cheap compared to the likes of Hargreaves Lansdown & AJ Bell. I am currently using general account on Freetrade but the downside is that they dont have web interface, dont do CFDs and they charge £3 per month for Shares ISA.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
justwise:

Trading 212 suspended taking on new subscribers about a month ago because they have been overwhelmed, they are putting people on the waiting list and they might need to upgrade their system before they start taking on new subscribers. There’s always the freetrade which is also very straight forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.