Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,230 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309187 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nicerichard05: 5:35am On Mar 28, 2021
nicerichard05:
Hello house, I will be coming to Birmingham next month. Pls can I connect with anybody already in the city, I need some basic info as regards accommodation

Somebody should respond to me in this

@LagosismyHome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by talkme(m): 5:50am On Mar 28, 2021
Hello gentlemen. As a newbie going to study Msc cyber security at hertfordshire, what’s the probability of getting a job after Msc? Am also Nebosh and scrum master(CSM) certified. Planning on getting more IT certification when I enter.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:55am On Mar 28, 2021
talkme:
Hello gentlemen/gentlewomen, As a newbie going to study Msc cyber security at hertfordshire, what’s the probability of getting a job after Msc? Am also Nebosh and scrum master(CSM) certified. Planning on getting more IT certification when I enter.

I only talk me own......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:57am On Mar 28, 2021
nicerichard05:

Somebody should respond to me in this

Every information you require, is online........ Be nice richard, open the world of WWW............ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by talkme(m): 6:03am On Mar 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I only talk me own......... cheesy

Nawa to you oooo!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2021
nicerichard05:
Hello house, I will be coming to Birmingham next month. Pls can I connect with anybody already in the city, I need some basic info as regards accommodation

I can't really respond because I never lived in Birmingham.... check spare room, zoopla etc. You can use the school post code as a guide and make it 2 to 5 miles max from the school
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2021
nicerichard05:

Basic info you need regarding accommodation are on spareroom.co.uk, Zoopla,righmove etc.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2021
talkme:

Nawa to you oooo!!!

Make connection no go catch fire....... I don talk me own ó... cheesy

Nigeria - Dependent

UK - Independent

I don talk me own ó........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by talkme(m): 7:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Make connection no go catch fire....... I don talk me own ó... cheesy

Nigeria - Dependent

UK - Independent

I don talk me own ó........ wink

Problem child!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anbandaras: 7:22am On Mar 28, 2021
Good day seniors in the house ,please I need a loan paying my tuition deposit ,to be paid back with interest,I don’t mind signing a contract ,please someone come to my aid ���
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:24am On Mar 28, 2021
talkme:

Problem child!

grin cheesy

You don talk ur own......... grin

We don jam B4........ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2021
Anbandaras:
Good day seniors in the house ,please I need a loan paying my tuition deposit ,to be paid back with interest,I don’t mind signing a contract ,please someone come to my aid ���

April 1st, is only a few days away........ You 4 wait nah....... grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anbandaras: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I don’t mean to be rude,but if you can’t render any help you can skip the post

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:56am On Mar 28, 2021
Anbandaras:
I don’t mean to be rude,but if you can’t render any help you can skip the post

Sorry to break this bad news...... Nobody on this thread would ever offer you a loan.......

If you need a loan..... Go to the bank.........

17 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2021
Anbandaras:

Plenty loan apps out there - Sokoloan, Quickcredit, Palmcredit etc

Stanbic, Gtbank even offer at better rates

Just use one
wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You’re too bad grin grin grin angry angry

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chinlov: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2021
[Chei!!!.

This one enter!!

quote author=Lexusgs430 post=100272980]

April 1st, is only a few days away........ You 4 wait nah....... grin[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Momakay: 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
Good morning everyone, please I’m filling the tier 2 dependent visa application, when ask the standard occupational classification code, am I to fill that of the main applicant or...? Please someone help
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Temitopegold221: 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Please anyone here who can help send money to Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by contra(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Sorry to break this bad news...... Nobody on this thread would ever offer you a loan.......

If you need a loan..... Go to the bank.........

Sad Reality.

He probably may not even find a bank that can offer him as it appears he doesn't have credit history.

Go offline and ask people who know you. Money is not easy to get in this UK. Not to talk of giving.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nihilistjnr: 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
talkme:
Hello gentlemen. As a newbie going to study Msc cyber security at hertfordshire, what’s the probability of getting a job after Msc? Am also Nebosh and scrum master(CSM) certified. Planning on getting more IT certification when I enter.

It depends on what you want to do.
I'm not sure what nebosh is, but I can see that your scrum master certification has zero correlation with your intended MSc degree.

You're going to need to pick a lane first bro. An anywhere belle face approach doesn't work well in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
contra:

Sad Reality.

He probably may not even find a bank that can offer him as it appears he doesn't have credit history.

Go offline and ask people who know you. Money is not easy to get in this UK. Not to talk of giving.

Shhhhhhhhh........ grin

You know our people hate to hear the truth.......... grin

On this thread, we infuse humour, with a slight dose of reality......... tongue

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
Temitopegold221:

Send this Aboki, Omopapa or Mamatukwas, a message...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Amiphany: 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Temitopegold221:

I have naira. Can change for you and collect pounds @£1 to #660
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
Amiphany:

I am also interested. Sent you a pm.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Temitopegold221: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2021
Amiphany:

I already sent you a message
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nwauwa(m): 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
cheesy
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubygold1: 11:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
I get it now. Thank you so much
LagosismyHome:

I thought it was an odd rule when I first heard it but hey that the rule in the UK....

Pregnancy is 40 weeks (EDD), so for SMP you need to be with that employer one week before the belle enter wink making that 41 weeks before you are due.....so you have to be with the employer one week before you got pregnant and then 26 weeks later still be working with them then that how you qualify for SMP..... 15 weeks before edd is your qualifying week. ( 41 comes from 26 +15)

This is the official statement:

The continuous employment rule: To satisfy the continuous employment rule you must have been employed by your employer for a continuous period of at least 26 weeks into the qualifying week.....The qualifying week is the 15th week before the week in which the baby is due.

However there are some exceptions that they allow if you cannot meet this . Read the official link https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/smp-eligibility
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brainz360: 3:18am On Mar 29, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Giltwise: 9:40am On Mar 29, 2021
Please I need naira for pounds.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Giltwise: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2021
Also interested.
Amiphany:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
For those in UK, please which laptop would you recommend and what store or link....

PLs don't mention Dell as I am about to bin mine which is less than 1 year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.